AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Monogatari Series Second Season - Episode 23 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 33 53.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 29.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 11.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.61%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-12-28, 17:56   Link #1
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Monogatari Series Second Season - Episode 23 [END] Discussion / Poll (Hitagi End VI)

Welcome to the discussion thread for Monogatari Series Second Season, Episode 23 [END].

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 18:06   Link #2
aiuewatcher
The Eternal Newbie

I recognized why OP was 80's style. Nadeko's manga
aiuewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 18:37   Link #3
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

As soon as the epilogue music kicked in, I just knew it Kaiki wouldn't avoid the many death flags he'd raised.

Brilliant episode, just as expected from Monogatari. I'll miss this show.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 18:43   Link #4
SeaDoor

Yep, no way to avoid that ending with all the flags Kaiki set earlier. RIP my favorite tsundere con man.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 18:56   Link #5
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Wow, the charm he sold to those middle school kids did come bite him back.

He is an interesting character however, I think everyone is jumping to conclusion that he is dead. A con man wouldn't be killed that easy especially dealing with Oddities.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 19:01   Link #6
Rogue66

This episode was excellent a shame about Kaiki but it gave a great ending to the series.

Just wondering will their be another series.
Rogue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 19:06   Link #7
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Wow, the charm he sold to those middle school kids did come bite him back.

He is an interesting character however, I think everyone is jumping to conclusion that he is dead. A con man wouldn't be killed that easy especially dealing with Oddities.
Typically I'd agree, but with Ougi involved I'm not too sure anymore
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 19:22   Link #8
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Typically I'd agree, but with Ougi involved I'm not too sure anymore
Well technically Ougi used the charms Kaiki sold to the kid as a reason to persuade the kid to kill Kaiki. So it still bite him back albeit with some help since his actions provoked the kid and with a push of another person to do so. However, I think that even without Ougi persuasion, the kid would still kill Kaiki if he was able to find him on his own, but with Ougi help, he did find Kaiki so he had the opportunity.
Old 2013-12-28, 20:12   Link #9
Wigwams

I hope araragi learned an important lesson from kaiki!

it almost feels like kaiki was waiting to get attacked, why would he be walking around that area in the first place?
Old 2013-12-28, 20:30   Link #10
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
I hope araragi learned an important lesson from kaiki!

it almost feels like kaiki was waiting to get attacked, why would he be walking around that area in the first place?
Araragi's desire is to save everyone, it is a dream, but it is a good thoughtful dream. Probably one of the reason why Gaen wanted to turn Araragi into a God. Nevertheless, we got to give him some slack. A guy who only has a year under his belt with oddities compared to Kaiki who have several years as well as peers to consult with.

Also, I agree, felt really weird that Kaiki was that easily attacked. Conman are renown for being slippery and avoiding trouble once they cause trouble that may result in retribution against them.

The one thing I feel that was wrong about Kaiki's statement about love is flawed in a way. Stated that Araragi has Hitagi thus it makes Sengoku useless while it strengthens Hitagi, but Hanekawa also love Araragi yet she was very helpful and was strengthen by Araragi as well.
Old 2013-12-28, 20:34   Link #11
GDB

Quote:
That much blood from head, already losing the ability to think coherently before getting whacked again, removed battery and sim card from phone... how's he supposed to survive?

I suppose Oyogi (think that's her name) or Gaen could save him, but until we're shown otherwise it's safer to assume death.

Quote:
The one thing I feel that was wrong about Kaiki's statement about love is flawed in a way. Stated that Araragi has Hitagi thus it makes Sengoku useless while it strengthens Hitagi, but Hanekawa also love Araragi yet she was very helpful and was strengthen by Araragi as well.
He wasn't saying Nadkeo was useless because he was already taken by Hitagi, he was merely comparing them. He makes Hitagi stronger, but makes Nadeko useless. These two statements are mutually exclusive of one-another, but were made together to illustrate a point. This is further shown when Kaiki states that he, himself, made Hitagi useless, but made Nadeko stronger.

Last edited by GDB; 2013-12-28 at 20:45.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 20:53   Link #12
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He wasn't saying Nadkeo was useless because he was already taken by Hitagi, he was merely comparing them. He makes Hitagi stronger, but makes Nadeko useless. These two statements are mutually exclusive of one-another, but were made together to illustrate a point. This is further shown when Kaiki states that he, himself, made Hitagi useless, but made Nadeko stronger.
Interesting, I think you are correct. I think I was thinking too deeply about it.

With the end of this season. I got great expectation for next season. This season alone we saw the point of view of different characters. Will be interesting to see whose point of view we will see on the next season. Think everyone is greatly interesting in what goes in Kanburu's head.
Old 2013-12-28, 21:15   Link #13
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Well technically Ougi used the charms Kaiki sold to the kid as a reason to persuade the kid to kill Kaiki. So it still bite him back albeit with some help since his actions provoked the kid and with a push of another person to do so. However, I think that even without Ougi persuasion, the kid would still kill Kaiki if he was able to find him on his own, but with Ougi help, he did find Kaiki so he had the opportunity.
I think what he meant more was that with ougi backing this guy up, the chances of kaiki surviving is a lot lower than if the kid found out about him by himself.

to say, if the kid found out by himself, his attempt would have failed due to being a kid who's probably crazy now. however, with ougi, the guy may have been given the perfect opportunity(kaiki all alone, with his cellphone broke, in the mountains filled with snow) that she planned/expected, to ensure that kaiki's not gonna slip away.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 21:17   Link #14
Peanutbutter

So, Kaiki really died?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 23:32   Link #15
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

i believe there will be a next season. we have yet to know more about ougi and gaen and what happens to nadeko afterwards
Old 2013-12-29, 01:14   Link #16
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Good episode and good end. This season was very good overall minus the summaries

I miss Mayoi T^T
Old 2013-12-29, 01:50   Link #17
HandofFate

noooo kaiki...

why did he break his phone and sim cards?
Oshino aside, its strange how they kept making seasons for Kagenui to be absent, wonder if Ougi was also getting in her way as well.
Old 2013-12-29, 01:55   Link #18
anonymious1

it will continue in 2014. there is a preview lk clip on the aniplex site
Spoiler for link to monogatari s2 continuation clip. enjoy if u understand japanese:
anonymious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 02:10   Link #19
MYWA

What?!
Just...what?
Damn.

These guys love to load it all on the back end, huh? The last two episodes I thought were rather dull then BAM! Shinobu Time was similar (I guess in a way a lost of the arcs follow that kind of formula)...Kaiki Deshu...you will be avenged.
MYWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 02:14   Link #20
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Kaiki really is best monogatari. He's the kindest person right next to Oshino.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote