AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 26 [End] Rating
Perfect 10 25 27.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 17.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 13.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 10.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 6.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 12.09%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-25, 14:13   Link #281
zero7090

what the fuck is this crap???

what kind of half assed shit is this???

Mikage just conveniently throw kagura and Zessica out then amata just conveniently union with the black Aquarion and conveniently chase mikage out of it. This is even worse than concluding the killer in a closed room murder is the
Spoiler:

Last edited by zero7090; 2012-06-26 at 00:37.
Old 2012-06-25, 14:18   Link #282
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
This is even worse than concluding the killer in a closed room murder is...
Hey, if that's a spoiler for the latest ep of the anime I think you're talking about, could you edit the last bit of the sentence out? Not everyone has seen that ep yet. I for one have been avoiding the relevant thread in order not to see spoilers for the solution.

Edit: Ah well, looks like the only people who could sort this one out now are the mods.

Last edited by GoldenLand; 2012-06-25 at 14:32.
Old 2012-06-25, 14:30   Link #283
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
what the fuck is this crap???

what kind of half assed shit is this???

Mikage just continently throw kagura and Zessica out then amata just continently union with the black Aquarion and continently chase mikage out of it. This is even worse than concluding the killer in a closed room murder is the cameraman.
Eh, it was the last episode. They had to make Mykage incompetent so the heroes could beat him. Still strange that he never kept his promise to Zessica about that hand(Than again, she was in the Dark Wedding Union with "Other" Amata and Mikono so there's that I guess)... Unless he planned to get her with Kagura, he technically is Amata, since even Amata is too dumb to be manipulated by Mykage.
Old 2012-06-25, 15:56   Link #284
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Oh, well. At least Mix' Big Bangs came back.

Still, I have to wonder about Apolonius' game. So he just liked watching his old flame go for his dog? That's pretty fucked up.
Old 2012-06-25, 16:19   Link #285
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ah boy, interesting one. Missed a lot of the crazy stuff in the 2nd half of the series but I had to finish it up with the last ep. And judging from the reactions, seems that I'm less scared for doing so.

Anyway, I laughed so it's bearable for me. XD Still, now I have to root for Zessica x Kagura....? Awkward~ Even though I had already thought that those two would balance each other out, to actually see it happen ... duuuur.

Mix is alive and well and back to being all girl. Bet Andy's glad for that one. XD The nun and the sergeant guy getting orders to basically become a couple...that was funny.
Old 2012-06-25, 16:37   Link #286
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
No, Shushu didn't get a happy ending! It turns out ShuShu loved Mikono the entire time and will wait for the next cycle to pretend to be Amata to win her heart! That's romantic gold right there! I'm sure Pollon will understand that he got one upped and let things be as they be just like Apollonius!
Nah. Both Shuhu and Kagura dropped Mikono for Zessica for the finale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Also, this episode made the whole ApolloniusxCeliane thing even more sour than before: It feels as if Celiane and Apollonius were never "fated lovers" or anything- they just had some fling that didn't mean much to either of them, while trampling on everyone's feelings for it :/
As evidenced by Apollonius not being interested in any Celiane reincarnation (while happily trolling his former fiance over a period of 24000 years) and Celiane happily agreeing to being "fated" to be with the dog instead.
I wouldn't say that Apollonius and Celiane was a fling, but what Apollonius and Touma had did last longer. Sousei is their song. I'm glad they got a reconciliation of sorts with Fudo accepting Mykage forever and he feeling his warmth and crying tears of joy.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-25, 16:47   Link #287
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Just finished the last episode of this bad series.

Amata did not feel like the main character at all and how cliche of the main dual to show up in the end together. lolz

Should of dropped this back in episode 13, but continue to follow because of Zessica.
Old 2012-06-25, 17:03   Link #288
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

This episode was so good. This show was so good. Besides the main characters, I loved everything about this show, from its hilarious comedy to its cheesy music. Bravo Evol. You are definitely going into my top ten list of 2012. Maybe even top 5.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-06-25, 17:34   Link #289
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Subliminal message here, Kagura being Amata's foil for 25 episodes, willing to let the universe crumble before giving up on his bone, turned into the biggest AmataXMikono shipper out there just like that.

Kawamori : Yes it is a crap love story until the last moment. Then at this point you're supposed to get it and suddenly root for them to death. EVOL then turned to LOVE. I'm a genius.
Old 2012-06-25, 17:43   Link #290
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post
Subliminal message here, Kagura being Amata's foil for 25 episodes, willing to let the universe crumble before giving up on his bone, turned into the biggest AmataXMikono shipper out there just like that.

Kawamori : Yes it is a crap love story until the last moment. Then at this point you're supposed to get it and suddenly root for them to death. EVOL then turned to LOVE. I'm a genius.
Yes, Kawamori, you are a genius. So much of a genius that you pass right back into being stupid. Okada deserves some blame too.
Old 2012-06-25, 18:01   Link #291
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post

I wouldn't say that Apollonius and Celiane was a fling, but what Apollonius and Touma had did last longer. Sousei is their song. I'm glad they got a reconciliation of sorts with Fudo accepting Mykage forever and he feeling his warmth and crying tears of joy.
Before Evol I saw Celiane as a homewrecker who was however deeply in love (and always would be, as we were led to believe), which made it a bit forgivable, so I could like her. But both of them just moved on, Celiane got a new guy even, so it's bitter Touma had to suffer for this kind of half-assed affair. It doesn't seem to have meant all that much to anyone involved.
Mikono/Celiane even seems aware that she didn't love Apollonius all that much in comparison.

I give them credit for having Mikono feel bad about what Celiane did to Touma. I wasn't feeling the corresponding scene in Sousei, so this was nice.
The scene with Fudo and Mikage... well I'm glad it happened too, but it's not making Apollonius less of a jerk :/ Poor Mikage. Glad he was sort of happy, but after all this time and BS he went through, he deserved a bit better still..
Old 2012-06-25, 18:40   Link #292
Thess

Quote:
Not only that, if wasn't for Kagura, Mikono and Amata's love wouldn't be possible. He reversed EVOL to LOVE and thanks to him they could be reunited. He didn't even seem to care for Mikono anymore after he fell down Mykage's labyrinth.

Then again the one who made Kagura's and Amata's souls unite was Zessica (in gattai), not Mikono as was expected.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-25, 18:41   Link #293
mayumi

Quote:

To top it off Kagura did everything most wanted Amata to do for Zessica.
1. Noticed Zessica's suffering and said Amata was not worth her dying over. Didn't even kill her even if if it meant Mikono dying.
2. Teamed up with Zess. Seemed pretty happy doing so. Even that 3 way gattai of pure love union he seemed happy. WHAT?
3. Told Amata he was shit for making Zessica cry.

who is the real hero of Zessica's rescue?

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-06-25 at 18:52.
Old 2012-06-25, 18:44   Link #294
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
To top it off Kagura did everything most wanted Amata to do for Zessica.
1. Noticed Zessica's suffering and said Amata was not worth her dying over.
2. Teamed up with Zess.
3. Told Amata he was shit for making Zessica cry.

who is the real hero of Zessica's rescue?
They flipped their roles in this episode. Amata went full fate bravado for Mikono, Kagura went full on amnesiac and forgot everything that happened in the previous 25 episodes.

And all it took to save Zessica was a sentence.
Old 2012-06-25, 18:48   Link #295
mayumi

^ maybe Kagura reversed himself and amata and we didn't see it
OR Zessica's scent affected Kagura's brain into oblivion.
Old 2012-06-25, 18:54   Link #296
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
^ maybe Kagura reversed himself and amata and we didn't see it
OR Zessica's scent affected Kagura's brain into oblivion.
I think its simply what it has been looking like for a long time, the writers wrote themselves into a hopeless corner and the only option out was some sort of asspull. They just went with the asspull that made Kagura turn into an even sillier character as he loses, in 1 minute flat, his only identity for 25 episodes. Poof. Gone.

They bit off more than they could chew, started chocking, and had vomit up something.

Its like Kirei (F/Z) wakes up after being washed in the goo, to start singing "What A Wonderful World!" and start helping orphanages and saving helpless people.
Old 2012-06-25, 19:17   Link #297
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Here's my (hopefully comedic) attempt to try to justify Kagura's rather sudden change of heart. It's pretty tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it too seriously, but I hope that both EVOL LOVErs and critics alike will enjoy this.

Spoiler for Kagura's Killing Games:

So what do people think?
Old 2012-06-25, 19:20   Link #298
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I think its simply what it has been looking like for a long time, the writers wrote themselves into a hopeless corner and the only option out was some sort of asspull. They just went with the asspull that made Kagura turn into an even sillier character as he loses, in 1 minute flat, his only identity for 25 episodes. Poof. Gone.

They bit off more than they could chew, started chocking, and had vomit up something.

Its like Kirei (F/Z) wakes up after being washed in the goo, to start singing "What A Wonderful World!" and start helping orphanages and saving helpless people.
That sounds right. In one episode he did more for Zessica than Amata did in the entire series. Funny, how the selfless people in this series end up jack-s#!t?

Triple_R Having Kagura and Zessica bond as kindred spirits would be interesting. We can only imagine how it would have turned out if they actually explored that possible relationship in the series. But with the way they handled it, it felt more like "Fans like these characters so we can't kill them off. How about teasing a last second relationship between them so fans won't feel like they were crapped on?"
Old 2012-06-25, 19:20   Link #299
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Here's my (hopefully comedic) attempt to try to justify Kagura's rather sudden change of heart. It's pretty tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it too seriously, but I hope that both EVOL LOVErs and critics alike will enjoy this.

So what do people think?
Wished that happened would have made Kaguras change seem more believable
Old 2012-06-25, 19:27   Link #300
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

So what do people think?
Pretty fun theory, though I honestly could care less about why Kagura changed. This was never a series I watched for the plot.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Closed Thread