AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 7 11.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 50.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-09, 10:14   Link #521
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Oh. Ok. Then the drones are the sure bet there. I really don't have any ideas to what reason their there though. Perhaps your right about the involvement of Lutecia but I still remember reading that they work for the same 'client'.
But wait, aren't the drones automated to seek out and obtain relics? Since Lutecia is possibly a relic-human...
That was my first guess, but somethings still does not adds up for me for some reason. maybe I'm just paranoid....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
prehaps one of the auction items is in fact a hidden Relic? or maybe a guest has a relic on him/her?
It could work, but it also brings up the question why is mobile div six are acting as guards. The fact they are there means someones knows something don't they.....

EDIT: Thisguy's theory could work.... hmm this could indeed be the reason why Hayate went to Ginya for help
Old 2007-05-09, 10:16   Link #522
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Good good, we should be able to reach 600 before the end of tomorrow...

Anyway...

If Riot Force 6 were sent there as a security measure, right? That means that they're expecting big trouble, they just don't know from what/where.

So it can't be that they intend to pick up a Lost logia from someone, if not their mission description would have said so...

Edit:

Lol, as usual, Thisguy's theory sounds alot better

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-05-09 at 10:27.
Old 2007-05-09, 10:20   Link #523
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

A thought just hit me. We have been linking the Jewel Seeds to Fate so much, but... she's not the one with the most direct connection to it. It was Yuuno who accidentally transported them to Earth.

Much like how they linked Chrono to the Tome of the Night Sky in A's, are they trying to finally flesh out HOW Yuuno's clan found the Jewel Seeds in the first place? And where were they intending to transport it to in the first place?

Given that Yuuno is aware of the TSAB, it would have made more sense for him to approach them for help, but he did not. Why? In fact, why didn't the TSAB question the stealth methods of the Scrya clan at all?

Hmm...
Old 2007-05-09, 10:25   Link #524
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
A thought just hit me. We have been linking the Jewel Seeds to Fate so much, but... she's not the one with the most direct connection to it. It was Yuuno who accidentally transported them to Earth.

Much like how they linked Chrono to the Tome of the Night Sky in A's, are they trying to finally flesh out HOW Yuuno's clan found the Jewel Seeds in the first place? And where were they intending to transport it to in the first place?

Given that Yuuno is aware of the TSAB, it would have made more sense for him to approach them for help, but he did not. Why? In fact, why didn't the TSAB question the stealth methods of the Scrya clan at all?

Hmm...
If so, they sure are doing one hell of a job distracting us with anything BUT him

Nice catch Skane
Old 2007-05-09, 10:28   Link #525
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:

Hmm...
While the logical part of me is very interest in the link between the Scrya Clan and Jewel Seeds and Lost logia in general, the N x F sceams death to the ferret

Anyways.... The reason Yunno did not approch TSAB for help is maybe due to the slow responds time that TSAB have with regards to emergencies that Hayate has metioned, it could be due to the matter needs to be resolved at once and with all the red tape that TSAB has, The Scrya clan may feel its too late.

Or maybe its just a tribe thing, that we will take care of any problems we created ourselves.
Old 2007-05-09, 10:38   Link #526
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
While the logical part of me is very interest in the link between the Scrya Clan and Jewel Seeds and Lost logia in general, the N x F sceams death to the ferret
So the question now is, how much of you is made up of logic?

Quote:
Anyways.... The reason Yunno did not approch TSAB for help is maybe due to the slow responds time that TSAB have with regards to emergencies that Hayate has metioned, it could be due to the matter needs to be resolved at once and with all the red tape that TSAB has, The Scrya clan may feel its too late.

Or maybe its just a tribe thing, that we will take care of any problems we created ourselves.
Maybe it was spontaneous? When the Jewel seeds got out of hand and he immedately reacted, without thinking of calling for help...

... Or its just the tribal thingy
Old 2007-05-09, 10:42   Link #527
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:

Hmm...
Very nice, Skane.

As with previous seasons, the nanoha.com Character Page is updated with more characters are they are introduced to the story. The fact that Yuuno is not in the character list is very suspicious. What if that was intentional?

If there is anyone who would know any secrets about the TSAB, it is Yuuno. He is not the Master Librarian for nothing. He has access to all the information known to the TSAB in the universe, and if anything does not seem to add up, he'd be the first to find out.

I sincerely really hope that Yuuno becomes one of the big players in the game. Seriously, he has so much potential with the Jewel Seed incidents and the excavations done by the Scrya clan.
Old 2007-05-09, 10:49   Link #528
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So the question now is, how much of you is made up of logic?
0%, No need to think regarding this at all, Nanoha x Fate's love love is all the logic I need

Quote:
Maybe it was spontaneous? When the Jewel seeds got out of hand and he immedately reacted, without thinking of calling for help...

... Or its just the tribal thingy
The ferret must have less common sense then I thought... First travel over a long distance over a bunch of worlds, Then trying to seal artifacts that have the potential to destroy worlds without backup...

But since the Aces have comfirmed that Jewel Seeds or at least copies of it are used for the Drones, I guess the likelyhood of Scrya Clan gets introducted it increased. And even if i'm hate it, more screening time for the ferret digging information...
Old 2007-05-09, 10:53   Link #529
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Blizzard isn't the only one who uses that phrase.
Maybe, but its most famous from them.

Quote:

Hmm...
You know, this makes a lot of sense. At the end of episode 6, we get to see the return of the jewel seeds, and the next episode Yuuno returns.

Though wether this is coincidence or planned, we'll have to see.

Last edited by Keroko; 2007-05-09 at 16:19.
Old 2007-05-09, 10:56   Link #530
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post

The ferret must have less common sense then I thought... First travel over a long distance over a bunch of worlds, Then trying to seal artifacts that have the potential to destroy worlds without backup...
In all fairness, he does have the knowledge to seal the Jewel seeds... And if he didn't act then, who knows where they might all go...

Thats why I said spontaneous - act first, worry later...

And look where it got him? Into the arms of a cute, innocent little girl

Quote:
But since the Aces have comfirmed that Jewel Seeds or at least copies of it are used for the Drones, I guess the likelyhood of Scrya Clan gets introducted it increased. And even if i'm hate it, more screening time for the ferret digging information...
Tough

We all have our pain

(brb in 5-6 hours... )
Old 2007-05-09, 11:16   Link #531
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Maybe, but its most famus from them.
That's only because Blizzard themselves are famous. I remember Wizards of the Coast using it long before I remember Blizzard using it.

…anyways, back on topic.

More Yuuno, huh? I kinda doubt it, but I wouldn't be surprised at the same time. They really seem to want to connect as many things together as they can. Jewel Seeds, Project F… perhaps we'll even see something of the original Book of Darkness too. Heck, we might even see Earth.
Old 2007-05-09, 11:34   Link #532
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
More Yuuno, huh? I kinda doubt it, but I wouldn't be surprised at the same time. They really seem to want to connect as many things together as they can. Jewel Seeds, Project F… perhaps we'll even see something of the original Book of Darkness too. Heck, we might even see Earth.
Back when I first heard that StrikerS was being made, I was hoping for the story to focus on the exploration of new worlds, where excavations are being done everyday, and new adventures.

But now I see we'll probably be stuck in Mid-Childa and maybe back to Earth, and all the past events are being revisited again, as you say.

Not that I'm complaining, but I was hoping for a change in focus.
Old 2007-05-09, 12:13   Link #533
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Or what's left of it. *chuckle*

Oh er... Ma'am, you can put that down. You reeeeally shouldn't swing RH around like that. Eh-hehehe...
Sakura: Shall we shield up, Father?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Back when I first heard that StrikerS was being made, I was hoping for the story to focus on the exploration of new worlds, where excavations are being done everyday, and new adventures.

But now I see we'll probably be stuck in Mid-Childa and maybe back to Earth, and all the past events are being revisited again, as you say.

Not that I'm complaining, but I was hoping for a change in focus.
Well when I heard of StrikerS I thought "How is it going to be continued?" Then when I heard there's not going to be 1 new character but tonnes, I thought, "What's the point of the returning cast other than cameos?"

And so that might the problem they are facing. In order to focus on the seniors still, they are forced to revisit pretty much everything in a fresh new way to keep the spotlight trained on them and develop the next generation. I don't mind them making short OVAs of Riot 6 taking on other cases and exploring new worlds, but that should come after they finish setting up Riot 6 IMO, which I believe is what StrikerS is also about.

[selfpromotion] So in the meantime, there's my stalled Nanoha FileS series. [/selfpromotion]
Old 2007-05-09, 13:10   Link #534
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Well when I heard of StrikerS I thought "How is it going to be continued?" Then when I heard there's not going to be 1 new character but tonnes, I thought, "What's the point of the returning cast other than cameos?"

And so that might the problem they are facing. In order to focus on the seniors still, they are forced to revisit pretty much everything in a fresh new way to keep the spotlight trained on them and develop the next generation. I don't mind them making short OVAs of Riot 6 taking on other cases and exploring new worlds, but that should come after they finish setting up Riot 6 IMO, which I believe is what StrikerS is also about.
The Nanoha-verse has so much potential. And even with an exploration theme the main cast would be the main focus. Hayate would be the Commander of her own spaceship, or our Trio could join Admiral Chrono's Asura, and Nanoha and Fate would be the Captains of their respective squads. An entire new world cannot be explored by just 6 girls and a wolf, after all.

Ah, going way out of topic here. Lets wait for Darco_emp's new idea.
Old 2007-05-09, 13:22   Link #535
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

There are benefits to expanding on past storylines.

The lessened need to give exposition. People who have already watch the first season, will know about the Jewel Seeds and what they can do, and they can basically skip most of the explanation, save maybe a brief summary for the cadets.

Additionally, in the case of the Jewel Seeds, there is still a significant portion of it left unexplained. The story potential is there. Why create more plot strands when you still have hanging ones in the closet?

A series is better when they do not leave behind unfinished business, and let's face it (and not delude ourselves)... the first season of MSLN was extremely cramped and not exactly stellar in terms of overall execution. Too many artifacts from Triangle Hearts, the Deus ex Machina appearance of Chrono, etc...

They now have a chance to properly flesh out the whole story behind the Jewel Seeds, like what they did for the Tome of the Night Sky in A's.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-09, 13:31   Link #536
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
There are benefits to expanding on past storylines.

The lessened need to give exposition. People who have already watch the first season, will know about the Jewel Seeds and what they can do, and they can basically skip most of the explanation, save maybe a brief summary for the cadets.

Additionally, in the case of the Jewel Seeds, there is still a significant portion of it left unexplained. The story potential is there. Why create more plot strands when you still have hanging ones in the closet?

A series is better when they do not leave behind unfinished business, and let's face it (and not delude ourselves)... the first season of MSLN was extremely cramped and not exactly stellar in terms of overall execution. Too many artifacts from Triangle Hearts, the Deus ex Machina appearance of Chrono, etc...

They now have a chance to properly flesh out the whole story behind the Jewel Seeds, like what they did for the Tome of the Night Sky in A's.

Cheers.
... And the story behind the main culprit, the one who started it all, Yuuno Scrya. Because without him, Nanoha would never have become a mage.
Old 2007-05-09, 14:49   Link #537
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
missing 3 pages due to flu (I would soo join in those off topic 25-26 scenario )

On the auction , i speculated earlier that there might be a chance those are scrya's sponsored.They probably sold those artifacts found during excavation, else where do they get enough fund to make something like RH ^.^. Even if Yuuno dig it out, it would require lots of resources to discover RH's ability..not something that normal tribe can do.

Yuuno could have found some clue that one of the items might be related to relic hence he decided to come to check it out.He might try to solve it himself, knowing his personality and concern for Nanoha (in some way he might feel responsible for Nanoha's near death experience).

Remember that it is always Nanoha that mention meeting Yuuno and experiencing all those events was great , the same could not be said for him especially after that particular incident. (pure speculation)

The auction was held in Hotel Augusta, isn't that on earth already?

About Yuuno not contacting TSAB when the jewels seeds are missing.Isn't the dudes that transport the Jewels in the 1st place from TSAB and they are the one who lost it?
He probably this "WoW, those guys suck" so he prefer to recover em by himself since it was new discoveries by his tribe.

Has it ever been confirmed/mentioned that collection all jewels seeds are complete?Also i just noticed this after rewatching season 1, isn't Relic also used by Precia to power her garden of time? (not sure whether anyone mention this or not)

@Skane Although i agreed with you, am expecting some people complaining about this (those that skipped 1st and 2nd/speeding through em).Already seen some people that complain about not understanding hint in Strikers conversation (easiest example, Nanoha's injury)

Last edited by raidou; 2007-05-09 at 15:04.
Old 2007-05-09, 18:39   Link #538
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
missing 3 pages due to flu (I would soo join in those off topic 25-26 scenario )

On the auction , i speculated earlier that there might be a chance those are scrya's sponsored.They probably sold those artifacts found during excavation, else where do they get enough fund to make something like RH ^.^. Even if Yuuno dig it out, it would require lots of resources to discover RH's ability..not something that normal tribe can do.

Yuuno could have found some clue that one of the items might be related to relic hence he decided to come to check it out.He might try to solve it himself, knowing his personality and concern for Nanoha (in some way he might feel responsible for Nanoha's near death experience).

Remember that it is always Nanoha that mention meeting Yuuno and experiencing all those events was great , the same could not be said for him especially after that particular incident. (pure speculation)

Precia went down a black path with nine of the Jewel Seeds, while the TSAB got the rest. Now those who watched season 1 know that one can;t use magic inside there, but the Jewel Seeds are special. Maybe Precia got away somehow and joined force with Spaghetti. (It's extremely unlikely, but oh well) or someone in the TSAB is pulling the strings behind this whole affair. (Paranoia kick in. We'll break 700 before the weekend I think)

The auction was held in Hotel Augusta, isn't that on earth already?

About Yuuno not contacting TSAB when the jewels seeds are missing.Isn't the dudes that transport the Jewels in the 1st place from TSAB and they are the one who lost it?
He probably this "WoW, those guys suck" so he prefer to recover em by himself since it was new discoveries by his tribe.

Has it ever been confirmed/mentioned that collection all jewels seeds are complete?Also i just noticed this after rewatching season 1, isn't Relic also used by Precia to power her garden of time? (not sure whether anyone mention this or not)

@Skane Although i agreed with you, am expecting some people complaining about this (those that skipped 1st and 2nd/speeding through em).Already seen some people that complain about not understanding hint in Strikers conversation (easiest example, Nanoha's injury)
Precia went down a black path with nine of the Jewel Seeds, while the TSAB got hold of the rest. We all know that it's impossible to use magic down there, but the Jewel Seeds are Lost Logia, so maybe Precia escaped using their power and joined forces with Spaghetti. (Extremely unlikely, but oh well.) Or, someone in the TSAB is pulling the strings behind this whole affair. (Paranoia kicks in. We'll break 700 before the weekend for sure.)
Old 2007-05-09, 19:54   Link #539
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Bah! I could shoot those down faster than they could say "fear" ...

... Assuming I was there when it happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Precia went down a black path with nine of the Jewel Seeds, while the TSAB got hold of the rest. We all know that it's impossible to use magic down there, but the Jewel Seeds are Lost Logia, so maybe Precia escaped using their power and joined forces with Spaghetti. (Extremely unlikely, but oh well.) Or, someone in the TSAB is pulling the strings behind this whole affair. (Paranoia kicks in. We'll break 700 before the weekend for sure.)

So we have a total of NINE lost logia that are MIA or assumed gone...

Hmmm... We seem to be losing momentum... But I'll play my last card some other time ... For now I'll see if I could work on anybody elses idae ...

Edit:

Oh yeah, I alway wanted to know... Does anybody knows what exactly goes down in these auctions? Other than the obvious of course...

Cause if it's just something boring...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-05-09 at 20:07.
Old 2007-05-09, 19:57   Link #540
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Quote:

My take on why Yuuno went looking for the Jewel Seeds himself instead of contacting the authorities comes from episode 2 of the original series; namely, the mental conversation Nanoha and Yuuno had during school where Yuuno explained what was going on:

Nanoha: So why was something so dangerous in my neighborhood?
Yuuno: ...It's my fault. In my home world, I'm an archeologist. And one day, I discovered something in an old rock formation. I sent a team of investigators to claim it and put into safekeeping. But the ship that was taking it away had some sort of accident, and there was a big disaster.

Nanoha: But wait a minute... From what you've told me so far, it's not really your fault the Jewel Seeds got scattered here, right?
Yuuno: But I was the one who first found them... So I have to find them all, and return them to where they should be.

From this conversation, Yuuno strikes me as being similar to Peter Parker in that whenever something bad happens and he's even peripherially involved, he blames himself for the whole mess, and thinks he has to go fix it all himself.

Quote:
Not sure about the relic, but the reason they knew how many Jewel Seeds there were on Earth is that Yuuno found them and put them on the transport himself. There was never any mention of whether they found any others after Yuuno left the excavation site, or whether JS's were found anywhere else in the galaxy.

And as far as the Jewel Seed seen in Episode 6, I doubt it's one of the originals. Think about it: given how much power each JS had, would YOU use it to power one little drone? And an easily beatable drone at that. Probably, what was in the Gadget was an ARTIFICIAL JS, made by Spaghetti using data from the studies done on the originals. They should be much less powerful than the originals, too.
Closed Thread