AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-09-01, 15:44   Link #1821
XFire
150% done

The end of the chapter had better be referring to either Shizuku's reaction to Nagi breaking her sister's hearts, or that she'd be overly clingy and tie him up or something.
Old 2012-09-01, 16:09   Link #1822
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshipw View Post
She is so deliciously ambiguous that it could mean anything from as bloody as the Aztecs to as benign as a test where Nagi must free himself from a rope before the tide comes in. (Of course no one can undo one of Shizuku's knots.) However I believe that it must include the cliff since the name of the story is Umi no Misaki and falling or diving into the ocean was introduced in the very first chapter.
Good analysis, maybe that is true. It seems these choices have some challenges afterwards or something like that. You choose the prize, but there is a catch to keep it.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 18:18   Link #1823
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
We all know it's gonna be a harem ending. And i'd be damned if it wasn't. I might draw my own harem ending doujin if it should come to that
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 18:43   Link #1824
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
We all know it's gonna be a harem ending. And i'd be damned if it wasn't. I might draw my own harem ending doujin if it should come to that
I've been looking for a Manga that actually has a harem ending. Haven't found one yet. Maybe this is the first one.
Old 2012-09-01, 18:49   Link #1825
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I've been looking for a Manga that actually has a harem ending. Haven't found one yet. Maybe this is the first one.
Yomeiro Choice, any series set in the Tenchi universe, Mouse (more like harem beginning in this case).

Anyone else got something?

Edit: Wait, got some more: Kanokon, DearS, Asobi ni Iku Yo (at least in the anime, which is the only part I watched)

Edit v2: Something that doesn't count but is funny enough to add: The True End of SCHOOL DAYS is a harem end with the two main girls both pregnant.
Old 2012-09-01, 20:04   Link #1826
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post

Edit v2: Something that doesn't count but is funny enough to add: The True End of SCHOOL DAYS is a harem end with the two main girls both pregnant.
While in every bad end the MC dies, not to mention in the anime he got decapitated

When she said Nagi might die, it reminded me of an PoT omake where Ryoma researched about human pillar
Old 2012-09-01, 20:54   Link #1827
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Dragon God has planted his seed, now he dies!
I lol'd at this one. After she got what she needed, it is time to dispose him

I wonder what's with this "Shizuku will kill you"
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 22:10   Link #1828
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Quote:
Dragon God has planted his seed, now he dies!
Like praying mantis or black widow spiders, she eats Nagi afer they mate.
OOOrr Maybe not.
This is rather creepy. There any Legends of Japan like this?
I always thought giving up your life for your children meant something different.
(Sighs)
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 22:17   Link #1829
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I'm not worried. Nagi's the Dragon God, and once he reveals himself, he'll put a stop to it.
Old 2012-09-02, 10:23   Link #1830
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I don't like how the chapter ended. I really dislike abrupt plot points like this. Some delicacy could be better. Or some drama, like wait until the festival to reveal it.
Old 2012-09-02, 13:38   Link #1831
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
While in every bad end the MC dies, not to mention in the anime he got decapitated
Actually...no. School Days HD, the newest version with added routes and endings, has 5 bad endings, only four of which end with death involved. The MC only dies in 1 ending, while in the other 3 its one of the girls that ends up dying (1 suicide and 2 murders). The fifth bad ending is a simple "He ends up with no one, no friends and a playboy.".
The anime mixed two of the four bloody endings together.

And let's not forget the other 20 good endings that the VN has...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 23:03   Link #1832
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Doggon, just when stuff starts to make some sense, there's another giant curve.
I agree with you DragoZERO- this is the stuff that could have been handled better,
it just adds tension as a cliffhanger.

Last edited by crossguy; 2012-09-05 at 18:33. Reason: can't type apparently.
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 12:19   Link #1833
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Oh snap it really is a double suicide ritual xD

I'll be honest (it certainly won't happen) but it would become a great twist if Shizuku degraded into a demi-yandere (actually act crazy) that seriously believes the double suicide is the best thing for the both of them. We'd then have her trying to continue the ritual, Karin trying to stop her and Soyogi torn between duty and love. By the end of it, Shizuku would look completely nuts and scare of Nagi and he'd end up with Karin (him ending up with Karin has nothing to do with her being her favorite, just that she's currently the one most against the ritual). I dunno...I just thought it would be a cool twist if Shizuku turned out to be slightly insane.

However knowing how these things go, Grandma will have a heavy hand in it, he'll be close to being thrown off the cliff but will be saved by the girls who turn out to be all against it and we get a harem ending. Or Shizuku is just pretending right now/realizes in time that it is wrong, and saves Nagi or something, becoming the final girl (cause...I'm still not convinced that she isn't the final girl aside from a harem ending).
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 12:23   Link #1834
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Oh snap it really is a double suicide ritual xD

I'll be honest (it certainly won't happen) but it would become a great twist if Shizuku degraded into a demi-yandere (actually act crazy) that seriously believes the double suicide is the best thing for the both of them. We'd then have her trying to continue the ritual, Karin trying to stop her and Soyogi torn between duty and love. By the end of it, Shizuku would look completely nuts and scare of Nagi and he'd end up with Karin (him ending up with Karin has nothing to do with her being her favorite, just that she's currently the one most against the ritual). I dunno...I just thought it would be a cool twist if Shizuku turned out to be slightly insane.

However knowing how these things go, Grandma will have a heavy hand in it, he'll be close to being thrown off the cliff but will be saved by the girls who turn out to be all against it and we get a harem ending. Or Shizuku is just pretending right now/realizes in time that it is wrong, and saves Nagi or something, becoming the final girl (cause...I'm still not convinced that she isn't the final girl aside from a harem ending).
What, did you read a RAW the rest of us haven't or something?

edit: Never mind, I found it. Damn. Just... Damn.

Though my guess is it turns out to be a misunderstanding on Karin's part. After all, it'd be pretty hard for the girls to get pregnant if they're dead.
Old 2012-09-14, 12:59   Link #1835
Awrya
U mad?

Just read 104 and damn....
It's like playing a game, where you can choose 3 different routes, but all lead to death. Did this tradition come from observing Praying Mantises?
Old 2012-09-14, 13:37   Link #1836
NaweG
Just some guy

Having just read ch 104, and having previously read Starshipw's story at:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7702097/...o-Misaki-Favor

I can only conclude the mangaka and Starshipw are the same person and we've been trolled.

OK, maybe not really, but so far that story appears to fit the last two chapters awfully well.
Old 2012-09-14, 13:53   Link #1837
Azure-Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
What, did you read a RAW the rest of us haven't or something?

edit: Never mind, I found it. Damn. Just... Damn.

Though my guess is it turns out to be a misunderstanding on Karin's part. After all, it'd be pretty hard for the girls to get pregnant if they're dead.
That's why he's supposed to 'give them favor' BEFORE the ritual. That way, the maidens who don't go "glub, glub, glub' might wind up bearing either the next Dragon God, or the next shrine maidens.
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 14:23   Link #1838
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I wonder why Shizuku is keeping that ritual a secret from Nagi? Does she really intend to follow through with it? Really sad, so far the Manga been all happy and romantic, now its heading down to a tragedy route. Though I doubt it since there is no tragedy tag on the Manga.
Old 2012-09-14, 14:54   Link #1839
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Wow, things sure are taking a turn for the worse...I honestly didn't want things to take a dark turn but go on Karin save Nagi and Shizuka
Old 2012-09-14, 15:21   Link #1840
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
That's why he's supposed to 'give them favor' BEFORE the ritual. That way, the maidens who don't go "glub, glub, glub' might wind up bearing either the next Dragon God, or the next shrine maidens.
Except it's passed down from generation to generation, and unless Shizuku/Soyogi has a sister (or daughter) we don't know about, Karin would be the only choice.

Also, I'm remembering a scene with Shizuku. She was reading her manga, the closes it with a sigh and says, "The manga I like took a depressing turn." I could be reaching here, but when I thought of that the "foreshadowing" bell went off in my head.

Edit: I read the fanfic NaweG linked. That is now the official ending of this manga as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by XFire; 2012-09-14 at 16:09.
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen