AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-11-05, 17:41   Link #2201
Coruja

Thank you.

I already have what I want from there. I was hoping maybe some of you could help me deepen my research, as the google images are - most of the times - quite awful.
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 19:13   Link #2202
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
No need to ask us. You'll find this site useful: http://images.google.com
Did you read the post? she wants high/medium quality screenshots of violence from a popular series not random 0.3 megapixel junk.
Old 2008-11-05, 20:16   Link #2203
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Google Image Search has an option to filter by image size.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 03:36   Link #2204
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Okay... I'm using my paypal account to pay for an item for my friend, so i'm making sure the amount is correct so the seller don't bit** about it being incorrect.

The total yen amount is 10485 yen and according to Paypal, with their conversion, it's $110.27 US (if you don't believe me, please try it yourself).

Is paypal over charging me? Or their conversion is incorrect?

According to http://www.unitconversion.org/ The conversion is $91.25. (with caculation, this site seems old, the conversion is 114 yen per dollar, which according to other sites, this crap is outdated...)

According to Google - 10 485 Japanese yen = 107.1567 U.S. dollars

According to Yahoo Finance its - 97.27 yen per dollar.

So paypal's conversion is incorrect? Or was there some hidden charges in there that I might have overlooked? But this is simply a money transfer, so I shouldn't be charged that...

Thanks, Aoie.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 06:56   Link #2205
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Okay... I'm using my paypal account to pay for an item for my friend, so i'm making sure the amount is correct so the seller don't bit** about it being incorrect.

The total yen amount is 10485 yen and according to Paypal, with their conversion, it's $110.27 US (if you don't believe me, please try it yourself).

According to http://www.unitconversion.org/ The conversion is $91.25. (with caculation, this site seems old, the conversion is 114 yen per dollar, which according to other sites, this crap is outdated...)

So paypal's conversion is incorrect? Or was there some hidden charges in there that I might have overlooked? But this is simply a money transfer, so I shouldn't be charged that...

Thanks, Aoie.
Paypal is a bank since ... I don't know ... they charge a little fee of 2,75% or something like that which could be, with the right dayly exchange rate, your 110.27 US Dollar.
I used a currency calculator from a german site and their exchange rate is currently 1 JPY (Yen) = 0,01028 USD (United States Dollar) and if you add 2,75% you'll get near your price.
And with the right exchangerate you will get exactly your price I guess.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 06:56   Link #2206
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:

Thanks, Aoie.
PP charges to send money so thats about right, they do it with all the currency conversion. Now if they are also chagrining you another fee well..thats ebay for you...... they been dcking with how PP works.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 15:35   Link #2207
Katharos8

Please forgive me if this is inappropriate here but it's just an odd thought that popped into my head today and's been bugging me.

In Roman mythology the Goddess of Love is called 'Venus.' However, 'us' is the ending for male names - Claudius, Augustus, Julius, while 'a' is the ending for females - Claudia, Augusta, Julia. How did Venus came to have a male ending?
Katharos8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 16:33   Link #2208
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katharos8 View Post
Please forgive me if this is inappropriate here but it's just an odd thought that popped into my head today and's been bugging me.

In Roman mythology the Goddess of Love is called 'Venus.' However, 'us' is the ending for male names - Claudius, Augustus, Julius, while 'a' is the ending for females - Claudia, Augusta, Julia. How did Venus came to have a male ending?
Can you remember her origin? She was born when Gaia, Goddess of Mother Earth, got so angry at her husband Uranus that she sliced off his errr genitals and threw them into the sea. They mixed with the foam of the ocean and formed Venus, a symbol unconcerned with maternal issues and focused on sensuality and pleasure. Perhaps that's the reason for the anomaly?
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 05:12   Link #2209
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
can anyone name all of the Star wars movies for me please?
oh and its number too

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 05:47   Link #2210
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Star Wars IV : A New Hope
Star Wars V : The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi

Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace
Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones
Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 17:26   Link #2211
ShiningDarkness

I don't know if we can ask questions about real life issues, but I'll ask it anyway since I'm too scared to make a thread.

If you hate someone and want them out of your life, should you tell them how you feel or keep your feelings hidden? I hate someone to the point where I sometimes have murderous thoughts about him, and I really want him out of my life (even though it's not likely to happen). I've been told I should confront him about it, but I'm afraid of any possible consequence that could come as a result of telling him how I feel, so I've been holding in my anger and frustration for years.
ShiningDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 17:35   Link #2212
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiningDarkness View Post
I don't know if we can ask questions about real life issues, but I'll ask it anyway since I'm too scared to make a thread.

If you hate someone and want them out of your life, should you tell them how you feel or keep your feelings hidden? I hate someone to the point where I sometimes have murderous thoughts about him, and I really want him out of my life (even though it's not likely to happen). I've been told I should confront him about it, but I'm afraid of any possible consequence that could come as a result of telling him how I feel, so I've been holding in my anger and frustration for years.
I'd recommend that you let that person know that you don't like certain aspects of him, personality and such, to the point where they cause you to "strongly dislike" him (hate really is a strong word).

It's never good to bottle up emotions for a long period of time; they can really eat at your everyday living. I'm speaking from personal experience.

The key point is that when/if you confront him, try not to be offensive or accusive in any way, or else he won't be willing to listen and change.
Generic Asian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 18:13   Link #2213
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:

There is no generic answer to this, as the answer will depend on your relationship to that person (i.e. co-worker, friend, brother, father, etc.). It's hard to do, but a confrontation can be a huge relief.

For a confrontation, gather your thoughts beforehand so that you can communicate clearly. What do you want to tell them? "I hate your guts" doesn't give the other person a whole lot of information. Is there something that they do that bothers you? Is there something you'd want them to change? While they likely won't stop or change just because you tell them, that is a more effective manner of communication. Also, be prepared for any backlash. Nobody likes to be told that they're doing something wrong or something that bothers someone else, and they may either become angry at you, become sarcastic, and/or deny that they were doing anything wrong. Be open enough to accept that they may have grievances against you, and if they air those, do not react defensively. Listen to what they say just as you'd want them to listen to you.

It's difficult to stay calm and be collected in such a conversation, especially when there are such heated emotions on your end. I have done something similar (which you can PM me about if you'd like to hear specifics; I won't share it publicly) - I didn't get to the point of murderous thoughts, but I would have nightmares, trouble sleeping, and generally felt very uncomfortable all the time. I finally confronted the person to put an end to it. While the end result was not as great as I'd hoped (largely because the other person did not recognize their poor behavior and essentially accused me of making it up), letting them know how I felt was a major relief.

How I dealt with it after that may also be of use to you. I was placed into a situation where I couldn't get away from them and we were always together in close proximity for about a week. ~3 days into it I felt extremely uncomfortable with them. It wasn't that they were taking any particular actions against me, but I was just getting bothered, and after dealing with it for years it was becoming unbearable. Talking to them would not resolve things because the complaint would likely not be well received and they probably would not change. Instead, I had a conversation with them in my own mind, and the conversation went the way that I would have wanted it to go (not that they agreed with every single thing I said, but that they ultimately recognized my point, respected it, and it had a realistic yet positive ending). While it didn't change them, it helped to change my opinion toward them. The end result was that my tolerance for them increased, so that I no longer felt extremely uncomfortable and was able to get through that week without losing sleep or exploding at them. (I don't necessarily recommend using such a method for the long term, however.)

The forum generally deletes threads dealing with personal problems. If you'd like to discuss your problem further, feel free to PM me.
Old 2008-11-10, 13:51   Link #2214
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
silly question, saw this on that 70's show. does it really work that when you put someone's hand/finger in water while they are sleeping that they pie int heir sleep? and also why lol o.o;
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 22:24   Link #2215
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
can anyone name all of the Star wars movies for me please?
oh and its number too
In fictional chronological order (not release dates):

Episode I: Phantom Menace
Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Episode '2.5': The Clone Wars
Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
(Game/novel/comic, but just extra info; Episode '3.5': The Force Unleased.)
Episode IV: A New Hope
Episode V: Empire Strikes Back
Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Quote:
lol, I had someone like that in my life (before)... I blocked him, ignored him, swore at him, told him to f**k off, described in detail how I have imagined killing him but I think ignoring him is the best. Umm, no wait. Tell him/her to screw off (or you can tone it done or up if you want) and if he/she still sticks around and irritates you, ignore him/her and develop a thick skin to take all his/her 'attacks'. Insults would only hurt if you let them in to your heart.

EDIT: Unless it's someone you have to respect, like a teacher or parent. Then I dunno. I guess do the same, develop a thick skin to take any insults or w/e thrown at you and interact with him/her as little as possible. Just enough to show respect, etc.

Last edited by Konpachi; 2008-11-10 at 23:19.
Konpachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 01:14   Link #2216
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
silly question, saw this on that 70's show. does it really work that when you put someone's hand/finger in water while they are sleeping that they pie int heir sleep? and also why lol o.o;
This is true; the warmness of the water motivates the body to relax its muscles, including the bladder sphincter, the muscle that controls the flow of urine from the bladder.

For instance, when a person takes a shower, usually they'd get the urge to pee
Generic Asian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 20:11   Link #2217
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic Asian Guy View Post
This is true; the warmness of the water motivates the body to relax its muscles, including the bladder sphincter, the muscle that controls the flow of urine from the bladder.

For instance, when a person takes a shower, usually they'd get the urge to pee
I think some one should go try it and come back tomorrow with the result ^^

ps: no no no, i'm not gonna play the guinea pig.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2008-11-11, 20:27   Link #2218
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
I think some one should go try it and come back tomorrow with the result ^^

ps: no no no, i'm not gonna play the guinea pig.
my friend has a floor party (like student flatt and then the entire floor partying all night), could ask her to try it on a sucker who got wasted too early
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 22:26   Link #2219
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
my friend has a floor party (like student flatt and then the entire floor partying all night), could ask her to try it on a sucker who got wasted too early
You should just walk into her room. Get a blow or cup of warm to warmer water and test it out. If she does p in her bed, say it was for the sake of science.

Okay... lets end the chat here >.<

Old 2008-11-12, 00:36   Link #2220
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Not really silly, but a random question nonetheless:
Does anyone know where I can download the font 'wtf new strike,' or whatever font is used for the Aria logo?
Please PM me the answer if you know ^_^

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious