AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad - Extra Episode (Kyou Chapter) Rating
Perfect 10 67 33.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 16.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 44 22.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 33 16.58%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 6.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.51%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.51%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.51%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-30, 19:51   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Clannad - Extra Episode (Kyou Chapter) Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Clannad, Extra Episode : Kyou Chapter.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-06-30, 20:27   Link #2
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

it was....not as good as I had hoped it would be...its just too little time to adapt such amount of content...7/10 for this, a shame really because this is IMO the best arc in all of the Clannad VN (even better than After Story). If only this had been 40 minutes
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-06-30, 20:30   Link #3
Farplaner

Just watched it RAW...

Everything was super fast forward, but I guess the essence of the story was presented. I cried like crazy in the game, but here, I felt that the story was touching but I didn't feel like crying at all.

There's also more kisses in this episode than the whole 2 seasons of Clannad combined
Old 2009-06-30, 20:40   Link #4
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farplaner View Post
There's also more kisses in this episode than the whole 2 seasons of Clannad combined
I know...its cool
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-06-30, 21:51   Link #5
digi.amuro

I watched it raw too and it felt abit rushed. They hit the key points, but it felt more like a 5 minute trailer with the rapid pacing. I cant bring myself to pass final judgement on it till I see subs, so we'll see. Overall it was nice seeing Kyou's ark animated, just wish they'd taken better care in condensing it.
Old 2009-06-30, 21:58   Link #6
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farplaner View Post
Just watched it RAW...

Everything was super fast forward, but I guess the essence of the story was presented. I cried like crazy in the game, but here, I felt that the story was touching but I didn't feel like crying at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
I watched it raw too and it felt abit rushed. They hit the key points, but it felt more like a 5 minute trailer with the rapid pacing. I cant bring myself to pass final judgement on it till I see subs, so we'll see. Overall it was nice seeing Kyou's ark animated, just wish they'd taken better care in condensing it.
Well it was bound to happen considering all the material was going to be compressed within a 22 minute time frame <_< They should have made it at least 40 minutes to an hour since this is an OAV but I guess we'll have to settle for this.

I just wish they gave Tomoya and Nagisa some more intimate scenes then what we got but I guess we can't have everything we want

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2009-06-30 at 22:41.
Old 2009-06-30, 22:08   Link #7
ThoHell

WHATTTTTTT???!!! You people saw the raw already? I thought it comes out tomorrow. Ok, it's time to do some madd searching, I MUST SEE IT NOW!!!! I hope it's just awesomeness. Kyou was my fav. out of all the girls, even more than Tomoyo
Old 2009-06-30, 22:15   Link #8
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I just watched it myself. As what many people have mentioned already, a lot of the details were deliberately left out to cram the material into a 25 minute frame. This meant a lot of the more enjoyable moments in the VN or the drama CD were not included and that the whole thing felt like a fast-forwarding fest. The pace is completely off-balance.

A shame really. Although they did manage to hit most of the major key points, the OVA, like the Tomoyo incarnation before it, felt a bit lackluster.

The biggest problem though, is the lack of EMOTIONS. Where is the angst? Where is the pain? Where is the desperation?! Many were just cut for the sake of cramming. Even Sunhara's reaction here was less than amusing. Another thing is that Kyou is way too soft here... and I mean soft as in cotton-soft. The OVA also excluded one of the best uttered exchange from the VA, which occurred at the end of Kyou's portion when she kissed Tomoya.

Overall... happy to get an OVA, but... SIGH~

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-06-30 at 23:04.
Old 2009-06-30, 23:52   Link #9
ThoHell

OHHHHHHHHHHHH, I watched it. Yup got to agree with you guys, 1 episode is definitely to short for this. There was s much that could of been done or covered. Sigh, can't believe it's over and I only get 1 Kyou episode...oh, Kyou with that Hair is a no no, long hair is a must for her. Even with that hair she still didn't look like her twin, weird. But anyways, it was too short and not enough....
Old 2009-06-30, 23:58   Link #10
Ottocycle

My feelings watching through this can only be summed in three words. 違和感. (Also game player here)

The fault of the length, definitely.
Old 2009-07-01, 01:07   Link #11
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yeah...that was rushed. Pretty, but rushed.
Old 2009-07-01, 03:13   Link #12
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

Yeah, I will agree with you all when you say it was rushed. They flew through a lot of scenes in the VN, and the pacing itself felt off.

However, I think if you take this episode as a compliment to the VN, then it was great. This episode, IMO anyway, was clearly aimed at the VN players, and not necessarily the anime only viewers. The Tomoyo episode felt more stand-alone, but this episode assumes you've played the VN.

Overall though, as a Kyou fan, I enjoyed it. Maybe more so then the Tomoyo episode.

One more question: Can we assume that was Nagisa in the end Ryou meets up with?

Last edited by touge-n00b; 2009-07-01 at 06:20.
Old 2009-07-01, 03:29   Link #13
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I don't think it was Nagisa.

I think the Tomoyo OVA was more enjoyable to be honest, despite that I actually like both of the game-routes almost on the same level.
Oh well, it was nice to see Sunohara and schoolgirl Kyou again, so I'm not complaining.
Actually I would have preferred if they somehow make it as a 30-35-40 minutes long OVA, and implement somehow Kappei too, so Ryou wouldn't be so sad in the end. I was wishing for something like that in the game too, but it could have been actually a good idea doing it here. Well it's no big deal though.

edit: and it was a bit ironic that we've seen more kisses and intimate hugs etc here, than the the Afterstory and first season combined. :/ (At least I'm under the impression that's the case)
Old 2009-07-01, 06:16   Link #14
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

A shame it was so short. Would have worked a lot better if it at least lasted an hour or so. Still really enjoyed it, which is quite a surprise because i didn't think i'd like it as much as i did.

Kyou with
Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-01, 10:47   Link #15
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

hm.. I was looking forward for this episode because personally I loved kyou route for the game, but they changed the VN plot little and yeah it was definitely rushed. only if it was longer it would've been pretty good. they did it so well for tomoyo OVA so why is this one kinda rushed? no clue~ but I'm definitely not very pleased after all that waiting kyou route is still the best though~
Old 2009-07-01, 11:02   Link #16
*Forte*
~ 長門 有希 ~

It's rushed a hell lot. My friends who didn't play Clannad or watch the 1st season don't understand why Tomoya loves Kyou lol
At least they put some kiss scenes here but...well... I think this epi is better than Tomoyo's Arc in term of art-quality, and that's all. And did anyone hear Kyou say anything about feeding Tomoya to the sharks if he loves Ryou?
Old 2009-07-01, 11:21   Link #17
Child_of_Sierra

I could sort of sense how some parts needed a bit more padding but to finally see the one arc I wanted most since the 1st season was a really enjoyable experience.
Old 2009-07-01, 11:40   Link #18
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

It was definitely too rushed, and couldn't capture the full feelings it had had in the game, but I just can't help give it a 10, because it is the only episode where Tomoyo ends up with Kyou >.<

That said, I am in despair due to thoughts of having watched the final episode of Clannad. Seriously, Clannad is one series I wish KyoAni kept milking on and on, cause Clannad is just so fat that it would still be healthy even if there were two more seasons of it.
Old 2009-07-01, 13:36   Link #19
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I wasn't able to watch the Tomoyo chapter because it felt kinda weird. Even though Nagisa was the last person I wanted Tomoya to end up with, I had long since accepted the fact that Tomoya loved Nagisa, and watching episodes like this one where Tomoya is expressing his love for another girl is almost like watching him cheat on Nagisa. I just can't help it. It was rushed as hell just like everyone said, but I don't think that could've been helped really.

I don't know why I gave this a 10. That was an accident. I should've selected 7. In the end I still don't understand why Tomoya went out with Ryou in the first place.
Old 2009-07-01, 13:43   Link #20
Solafighter
Hige

Ouuukaaay~

Well with "FIN" at the end, i think this was the last official episode of CLANNAD or will there be some new one, coming?

Spoiler for ep:

Great episode.

Finaly i can see the ending, i always wanted.

Spoiler for ep: