[ 4 players battle ]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=voLo6gMbmrA

[ Pit Vs Yoshi ]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qYMF1BjHUbM

[ Delfino Stage ]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_2hcuNWPxR8

[Diddy Rocket Final Smash]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NtXjm0O-hNM

Sonic and Meta Knight are definitely gonna be my characters.
Wow lots of gameplay videos are already up for Brawl. Diddy's final smash looks really fun to use and control. Meta knight looks like he will be pretty powerful and agile. I've seen his gameplay in the 4 player battle video and his UP+B special looks like a killer move...even to knock out opponents out of the stage.

With a demo already playable to the public, I wonder if Sakurai will give out playable demo disks to whoever reserved the game as an apology for the delay.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 06:33   Link #222
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post

With a demo already playable to the public, I wonder if Sakurai will give out playable demo disks to whoever reserved the game as an apology for the delay.
That would make me squeal like a little girl on helium with childish glee.
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 06:34   Link #223
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Quote:
Wow lots of gameplay videos are already up for Brawl. Diddy's final smash looks really fun to use and control. Meta knight looks like he will be pretty powerful and agile. I've seen his gameplay in the 4 player battle video and his UP+B special looks like a killer move...even to knock out opponents out of the stage.
I'll post that one here too.

[SSBB Sudden Death Match]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huk0jgyQWB0

Found it weird that Sonic could still do his down-air even after using
his Up+B Spring Jump, but it's a lot better then Melee where you couldnt
do anything anymore after a recovery move.
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 06:44   Link #224
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrite View Post
That would make me squeal like a little girl on helium with childish glee.
I know that would also make me scream like a little kid...hhahaha
But if you have seen the movie clips of the gameplay and menu, its like less than 50% of the game completed and it would make a great demo for distribution for those who reserved the game.
Although we all can dream if that happens...but for just 2:00 minutes of gameplay and about 11 characters and stages to choose from...including Sonic (but not snake...I wonder why??...) it would make a great demo.

to Otani-kun, that was a good video and judging from what Sonic did with his UP+B, looks like we still can have our characters do more actions after doing the UP+B special...but metaknight won that match...now I'm beginning to think that Metaknight might be kinda overpowered by the time release comes. I've seen the videos with Pit in them and those controlling Pit don't seem to do well with him...plus I keep on seeing the same attacks being performed with Pit...what looks like his running and attack button A move where he spins his sword.
Bowser was part of the playable characters in the demo, but it seems no one wants to play as him...darn, I would love to see what they changed on him.
Old 2007-10-14, 13:13   Link #225
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Quote:
Although we all can dream if that happens...but for just 2:00 minutes of gameplay and about 11 characters and stages to choose from...including Sonic (but not snake...I wonder why??...) it would make a great demo.
On Snake, I believe they said there were some minor changes they wanted to make with him, so what we've seen so far probably won't be the final model.

Quote:
I've seen the videos with Pit in them and those controlling Pit don't seem to do well with him...plus I keep on seeing the same attacks being performed with Pit...what looks like his running and attack button A move where he spins his sword.
I know, it sucks. When I saw Pit move in the original trailer I said, "I want to play with him, and he'd better have a black-winged alt color". Show us more of his moves, dammit! @_@
Old 2007-10-14, 15:42   Link #226
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
I only have one problem with the delay, and just the release date gap in general. Why is it that we now have to wait nearly three weeks between the US release and the Japanese release, despite the translating job being nearly even with the progress of the game in Japan? It's like having a movie completely translated into five different languages and than delaying all the versions in their respective countries from one another. Why don't they just release it worldwide on the same day if all of the translating is already complete?
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 04:45   Link #227
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
On Snake, I believe they said there were some minor changes they wanted to make with him, so what we've seen so far probably won't be the final model.
Hmm...now I think I have an idea on why Brawl was delayed now...it could be because of Snake's move set and how they want it to be less, uh how should I say it...less "armed" move sets with guns. But judging from his trailer in the website, it seems like they have his move sets all down to him just using his Nikkita rocket launcher and mines...and the rest all physical attacks.
Another reason on how the delay happened was either the decision to put one more third party character in the game (I remember Sakurai saying 1 or 2 at the max, excluding Snake) and if so, who would it be or they are having a hard time deciding whether some old favorites (Falco, Roy, Marth, Mr.G&W...etc.) should come back.

Quote:
I know, it sucks. When I saw Pit move in the original trailer I said, "I want to play with him, and he'd better have a black-winged alt color". Show us more of his moves, dammit! @_@
A black color scheme for Pit would be a good idea and most likely it will be in the game already. But its true, through the gameplay videos, no one really did wonders with Pit and his move sets.

As for the three week time gap between the US release and Japanese release, they could have their reasons...maybe producing the right amount of copies througout the country?
And today's update was a new Earthbound stage called "New Pork City". hahah funny name for a stage, but it looks like a giant stage just like what Hyrule Temple had offered us in Melee...although they said that the stage would be much bigger, so expect hit and runs in this stage.

EDIT: also on another note about the demo gameplay videos, there seems to be a lot of Metaknight ownage in the videos...I'm beginning to wonder if Metaknight has some spamming moves that will get you an instant ring out just by continuously using that move. The video with the sudden death match with Sonic vs. Metaknight...the Metaknight user won...while the person using Sonic tried his best to out wit his opponent, but it seems Metaknight just stayed in one place, waiting for that one move that will get him his victory.
I may be jumping the gun with these impressions of Metaknight, but for now, until we get a demo disk(if its possible) or when the game is released, Metaknight just looks overpowered from the videos.

Last edited by Ultima_Rasengan05; 2007-10-15 at 06:01.
Old 2007-10-15, 12:52   Link #228
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Quote:
Another reason on how the delay happened was either the decision to put one more third party character in the game (I remember Sakurai saying 1 or 2 at the max, excluding Snake) and if so, who would it be or they are having a hard time deciding whether some old favorites (Falco, Roy, Marth, Mr.G&W...etc.) should come back.
I wouldn't think a decision on old favorites (G&W was a favorite? o.O) would explain the length of the delay. Outside of tuning the game and adding more content, I would think only settling the business deal and adding the moves for another third party character would make sense.

On today's update: I loved the Temple in Melee for being so large, and I have no doubt that my friends and I will play numerous rounds in New Pork City, and there will likely be much knocking or tossing someone into the Ultimate Chimera for the sake of hilarity. The description on the site said "It’s pretty much certain that if you get hit, you’ll lose a life.", but that almost sounds like there may be some way to avoid a KO if you get hit. Metal Box maybe?
Old 2007-10-15, 13:03   Link #229
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

I wonder if there'll be an F-Zero Port Town stage and if Captain Falcon will get a better up B move so he isn't so edgeguardable
Old 2007-10-15, 19:00   Link #230
Keirn

I doubt Roy is going to be in this one, so I've already decided on my new character.....Ike! Yay Ike!
Keirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 04:26   Link #231
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

As expected, the home-run contest is BACK! yay! and with different variations now.
theres the single player version, then theres the team battle. Theres also a competition mode for simultaneous play between two players. and then theres the online home-run contest!
pretty exciting and theres now a barrier around the platform so mr.sandbag doesn't go off the platform too early and get a "failure" right away.

I'll miss Roy though, I was pretty good with him, even though he was a slower version of Marth, but Ike really looks cool and is a good replacement for Roy. Although I still think that they should have made Lyn a playable character though. But thats just my opinion.
Old 2007-10-18, 18:12   Link #232
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Bandai Put's In It's Bid For The Last Third Party Character:

Spoiler for Bandai Bid (Joke):
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 04:56   Link #233
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

who is that character?

but this weeks updates weren't really interesting...Peach's final smash seems like an upgraded version of Jigglypuff's lullaby song...but with peaches that come out at the end though.
Old 2007-10-19, 09:06   Link #234
Blaat

Yeh it was a weak week, then again the updates a week ago were overall good
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 10:35   Link #235
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Quote:
who is that character?

but this weeks updates weren't really interesting...Peach's final smash seems like an upgraded version of Jigglypuff's lullaby song...but with peaches that come out at the end though.
I think that's Haruka Amami from the Idolm@ster game and anime - the game's by Namco Bandai and the anime's by Sunrise (also Bandai). Her final smash would summon Imber to obliterate everything! XD

Well, at least now some of my questions have been answered with Peach's Final Smash. Unless she gets a temporary power boost from her mass lullaby or the effect weakens the defense of your opponents, I don't think Peach is powerful enough to do as much as others to take full advantage of a sleeping opponent. However, I can see that being disgusting in a team battle with someone who can. At least she gets healing items as well in the process.

Now, the next question I want answered is what Zelda's new move set is if it has changed, and what her Final Smash is.
Old 2007-10-19, 13:33   Link #236
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Has anyone noticed they accidentally revealed a new character that has not been shown on the site yet?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NKHrO_ib4uo

Watch that video. You'll notice Jigglypuff is a returnee.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 03:45   Link #237
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

hahaha, I seen it, its Jigglypuff in the battle!
Plus if you listen carefully, you can hear Jigglypuff's "PUFF" when she does her pound attack. hahah

Though in today's update, the pictochat stage looks pretty interesting...I wonder how that will work.
Old 2007-10-22, 04:48   Link #238
~Tsukuyomi
[- Caramelldansen Spam -]

Quote:
hahaha, I seen it, its Jigglypuff in the battle!
Plus if you listen carefully, you can hear Jigglypuff's "PUFF" when she does her pound attack. hahah

Though in today's update, the pictochat stage looks pretty interesting...I wonder how that will work.
No, Jigglypuff isn't there... What you saw was Peach and her voice, plus the voices of others, including the annoying booth people... If Jigglypuff was there, the people who actually went to E for All (that would be anyone who lives around the Los Angeles, California) would actually stated so... I have people who went, I have people who talk, Jigglypuff is not in there... Jigglypuff may come out as a character, but it's not in that video...
~Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 04:53   Link #239
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

oh...so that wasn't Jigglypuff after all. haha yea the booth people sounded pretty annoying.
Peach sure can sound like Jigglypuff...
Old 2007-10-23, 07:58   Link #240
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=120074

For everyone who hasnt seen it yet, ALL videos from E for All.

After seeing all this, I'm really eager to play Ike and Bowser now. They look cool and their
Final Smashes are awesome. Besides, using heavy characters will be a nice change of pace and it would be fun to own all
those Sonic/Meta-knight fans out there online. xP
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crossover, nintendo