AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-13, 05:41   Link #201
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Haha, disgusting wagashi? Those are sometimes almost too sweet it's ridiculous (which is why they complement with sourness of tea).

And the typical 'you can't eat bread all the time, you need a proper meal' thing. God, I heard that a billion times myself. Some Asian myths die hard.

As for the ep, I think the picture is becoming more clearer. So negotiator/mediator is a front for dealing with unsavory characters, there's some dangerous reason why Murasaki is carried away, and Kurenai is in a mountain of a female harem.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 05:57   Link #202
Tri-ring

Japanese sweets has less sugar content than most western and/or other counterparts around the world. The sweetness stands out because it does not use oils and/or fats to mask the sweetness.
Anko(sweetened beans) are also used in Chinese sweets as well.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 06:32   Link #203
Leedizzle

Oh my God, delicious loli.
Leedizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 06:43   Link #204
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

^ i LOL'ed at this one

its a good thing the anime's taking a more lighter route than the manga and the light novel. and yes, heaps of harem ahead for our male protagonists, and of different archetypes as well!

1. tsundere
2. yandere (i think)
3. oniichan type
4. tsun tsun
5. and of course, the loli factor
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 06:48   Link #205
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
He'll be cornered from all sides, poor kid. Who said popularity is healthy?
Bah, he'll live...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Is there a manga thread btw? I don't seem to be able to find it. It would be better to throw out more thoughts there when I catch up.
No manga thread... I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedizzle View Post
Oh my God, delicious loli.
=_=

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post

its a good thing the anime's taking a more lighter route than the manga and the light novel. and yes, heaps of harem ahead for our male protagonists, and of different archetypes as well!

1. tsundere
2. yandere (i think)
3. oniichan type
4. tsun tsun
5. and of course, the loli factor
First two correct

3rd one, you mean imouto character

4th one... Tamaki right? That's Onee-san character

5th, loli ojou-san
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 07:59   Link #206
Jerseykid

ep2: great episode. Having a bath scene and no strange thoughts goes on must have taken some serious writer willpower!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 08:10   Link #207
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
ep2: great episode. Having a bath scene and no strange thoughts goes on must have taken some serious writer willpower!
Unlike popular belief, not everyone in Japan is a lolicon, might be the opposite even.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 09:01   Link #208
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

There are other things on his mind... It's not easy to bath kids you know.

"Soap in my eyes >_< !"

"AHH! Water too cold @_@ !!"

*grumble grumble...>.>*
Old 2008-04-13, 09:11   Link #209
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
You missed out one...

"It BURNSSSSSS!" @___@

But I can understand it isn't all the kid's fault. He should have tested the water first on his wrist before letting it spray onto poor Murasaki

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 09:15   Link #210
Muddle!

Send a message via AIM to Muddle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
2) Are the ED stills in the same order as their OP appearances?
They are different I believe. The ED seems to go Shinkurou, Murasaki, Yuuno, Yamie, Ginko, Tamaki, Yayoi (I think),Someone in high heels, and Benika. The Op had Yamie & Tamaki together before Yuuno & Ginko appearing together. It also had Renjou (who I could not find in the ED) before Yayoi & Benika appearing together.

I have mostly nothing but praise for this show so I don't feel like adding to much other than mentioning a little continuity error I noticed in episode two. At about 12:29-30 in the BSS sub when Shinkurou goes from leaning on the wall in his apartment to walking towards Murasaki in the sink the door to his apartment goes from open to closed when the camera angle changes (magically I presume ).

Last edited by Muddle!; 2008-04-13 at 10:56.
Muddle! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 09:16   Link #211
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow, loved it when Murasaki goes all formal. So cute. At least she isn't a spoiled brat and knows when she's actually wrong.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 09:38   Link #212
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

I just started watching this. Another high school guy stuck taking care of a little girl, reminds me of Aishiteru ze Baby.

I don't get his job though.He calls himself a dispute mediator, but he's really just a violent thug for hire.

So far though everything seems good. Of course I can already see where this is going. They will forge a strong bond together, little spoiled girl is slowly learning to become an independant girl and when comes the time to come back to her weird unloving family, she'll want to stay, we'll have a bit of confrontation, and most likely the little girl will stay with him. In the meantime we are treated to some loli fanservice.

(Sorry for not including the name of the characters, I still haven't memorized them)
Darklightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 09:47   Link #213
ahmad

Well he is dealing with people who would not stop unless used violence :P Only way to stop the dispute is to kick their asses which is what he did. His other mission, which is protecting murasaki is a good example that he is not just a violent thug for hire.
ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 09:53   Link #214
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
I don't get his job though.He calls himself a dispute mediator, but he's really just a violent thug for hire.
Think of him as a bodyguard/hitman instead.

And the people that we see here, he has to use violence in order to survive. I suppose you don't expect him to talk like a gentleman to other thugs.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-04-13, 09:57   Link #215
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well episode two started and ended on a disconcerting note. First getting a flash of Shinkurou's past which was pretty dark. Some sort of disaster, maybe earthquake and parts of the building collapsed. But the guy gets stuck under some debris which is bad enough. Oddly I couldn't see his right arm which could lean to speculation as to its current situation. But anyways then the corpse of his mother falls right in front of him, that would scar anybody.

The situation with Shinkurou and Murasaki really can be heartwarming at times. She did finally pick up on people being kind because they are rather than out of some obligation. Couple shots to the head were required, but it all worked out fine. Also the futon situation just leaves a smile on your face. Both her reaction to him buying it for her and the overly formal thank you .

Certainly ends on a tough note. Guess his almost expressionless gaze during the fight is to reflect multiple sides to him. People really do have a few faces they show the world. Can't blame the owner for being scared, since it was quite the sight.
Old 2008-04-13, 10:08   Link #216
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
You missed out one...

"It BURNSSSSSS!" @___@

Usually they just scream

Quote:
But I can understand it isn't all the kid's fault. He should have tested the water first on his wrist before letting it spray onto poor Murasaki
Well that I can't blame him, it's not exactly something that a teenager is used to doing... In fact, I'm surprised that he did fairly well for a first-timer

Let alone be willing... Cause I sure as hell won't >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Wow, loved it when Murasaki goes all formal. So cute. At least she isn't a spoiled brat and knows when she's actually wrong.
I was on Shinkurou's side when he gave her a good knock

That's what kids need >.> And it pays off

Quote:
Think of him as a bodyguard/hitman instead.

And the people that we see here, he has to use violence in order to survive. I suppose you don't expect him to talk like a gentleman to other thugs.
Well, he did try to talk peacefully...
Old 2008-04-13, 10:36   Link #217
Supah Em
*Scanlator

yeah, when i first heard dispute mediators i thought they were middle men who settle arguments by letting both sides talk about it(hence, the mediator part). never thought that they'd be the ones that will finish the 'dispute'

on a side note, i got plenty o' negative reps for mentioning kokoro(from ai baby) in the past few pages. oh, well..
Old 2008-04-13, 10:39   Link #218
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Is it just me or does the girl from those manga covers kinda look like Shana?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 10:42   Link #219
Supah Em
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
i think its just you

seriously, i havent watched shana yet so i cant really comment on that. although a few of my friends say that there are similarities.

now i can guess why brains base didnt follow the character animation that was done in the light novels and in the manga. i think its because that some characters do look alike in some cases ( when you think about it. all of their eyes are similar and there was one point in the novel that threw me off because i thought yuno was murasaki, and vice versa ).
Old 2008-04-13, 10:47   Link #220
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well, he did try to talk peacefully...
They never learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Actually she does in a way. More so because of the black and white pages. She probably won't if it was in colour. But the design for the anime is different. She is less skinny in the anime which makes her look more realistic as a child imo (her baby fat still hasn't burnt off yet ).

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2008-04-13 at 16:34. Reason: typooo

Tags
action, brains-base, characters, daily life, light novel adaptation, loli, shounen