AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-08-28, 12:25   Link #3301
Umaibo

I expected this kind of ending; I would assume that everyone else did as well.

All I want is Rito + Mikan (and maybe Yui) and triangle is complete. Although, I have to admit that I like Lala now for being so open-minded. Although, I still can't say I like Haruna.
Umaibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 13:26   Link #3302
Jourdal

Feels like a rewind..nothing has changed...i guess given the situation this is the best sort of ending one could hope for.
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 13:38   Link #3303
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

A no-ending ending, figures as much. Manga that has no direction always ends this way.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 14:45   Link #3304
jho

still sad to see this manga end. the ending sucked, but very few manga do i enjoy every week.
jho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 14:55   Link #3305
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Adequate ending. I actually wanted Rito to hook up with Lala though.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 15:06   Link #3306
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Sad that was the last chapter, nothing can replace To Love Ru. Yui ending didn't happen which was another big dissapointment, well it's not like I expected it to happen. I guess the ending was the best thing that they could come out with at such a short time. Guess I'm going to have to find something else to replace this?
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 15:24   Link #3307
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jho View Post
still sad to see this manga end. the ending sucked, but very few manga do i enjoy every week.
At least its not as bad as School Rumble's ending.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 15:37   Link #3308
yongshun

Seems like the ending was almost like the beginning Rito build to confess to Haruna only to have someone else stand in front of him when he did. Lala seemed to me only cared that Rito did not hate her.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 16:04   Link #3309
james0246

Honestly I am unsure about how I feel concerning the ending. On one hand, I would have liked something definite (it is nice that the last chapter is a reflection of sort of the first chapter), on the other hand, though, this was mostly a plot less story about pretty people doing silly things, so in many respects the ending is quite fitting. I guess my indecision is, more or less, the same indecision I have always had concerning the series. If I ever read the series again maybe I will finally be able to make up my mind as to whether I like it or not...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 16:18   Link #3310
Xagzan

It was the best ending they could do with the situation they have. I just wish they had shown more of the girls reactions to Rito'ss confession, especially Yui's. Wanted to see her all cute and shy one last time.

Momo's reaction was wonderful as always though. She doesn't mind being concubine #insertnumberhere
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 18:22   Link #3311
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

We need an afteryears chapter, where Rito is pimping everyone as the ruler of the universe, Lala, Haruna, Yui, and etc all at the same time, yeah. Let's not forget Momo, who quickly became one of my favorites and is willing to service Rito no matter what, even if she has to share him . Oh, and MIKAN, OH YEAHHHHHHHH
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 18:38   Link #3312
X207
Gamyūsa

i was half expecting a harem ending. this chapter totally blew the final inuyasha chapter away for the most abrupt ending. sure he finally told them how he felt but i was hoping they'd do 1-2 chapters more to get haruna and lala to hear out his feelings. it was a decent ending.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 01:28   Link #3313
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Seems like TLR is trying to pull off a nostalgia style of closing like in K-On. It's not as good, but I think it's better than to have him pick one over the other. I'm sad though that there were no fanfictions in Fanfiction.net which features To Love-Ru.

Anyway, this won't be the last time I'll read TLR.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 01:51   Link #3314
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Well, can't say I was surprised with the ending. Y'know it felt a bit rushed though. I wish it could go a little more chapters but oh well. Another one of my favorite manga that ended.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 02:41   Link #3315
ahmad

I will miss you Mikan
ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 02:47   Link #3316
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3y View Post
I have found this information on another forum, I think it can be usefull to you in some way.

Originally Posted by Finestela:
The common consesus in the TLR threads is that, Yabuki had to quit because he can't be a full time mangaka for a weekly series and taking care of his little girl (she's three) at the same time (now that he has full custody).

Ataru was asking about how much TLR was Hasemi, Yabuki, and the editors... Well, according to the Manga Brain (a special section dedicated to interviews with a mangaka in WSJ), Yabuki usually discusses the story with Hasemi over the phone on Wednesdays, then spends half a day doing the preliminary draft on Fridays... Have another in-depth discussion with both the editor and Hasemi in the afternoon, and finish up the final product on Tuesday morning (Tuesday afternoon is his free time).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
It was his ex-wife who had the affair, and you won't believe who she had it with

Source.
I do feel very sorry for him about his family problem.

I hope he can create another series soon.
Old 2009-08-29, 07:03   Link #3317
Joe_fh

Well the edning was sort of good. I mean they had one chapter to end it and they pulled it off. Of course it's far from perfect but that's the best you can get for one chapter. I mean imgaine Rito choosing one of the girls and deciding to be with her in ONE chapter. That will be just horrible.
Still it would be nice if they pick it up again after a year or so. It wasn't a heavy romance story - it was a light love comedy with a great cast of characters. This is one of the few mangas in which I like the entire cast. That alone will be enough of a reason for me to miss it.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 07:07   Link #3318
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
It was his ex-wife who had the affair, and you won't believe who she had it with

Source.
For that reason it ended? Wow, I hope she gets stuck under train rail tracks for ending To-Love-Ru and wow Haruna character was based of his wife....I found this..

Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-29, 07:35   Link #3319
Nemesis

Pity Omamori Himari cant replace this for me.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 08:17   Link #3320
Jourdal

So Yabuki went through all that? holy shit..that is messed up...Im glad he got his daughter. His gold digger of a wife..well she deserves what's coming to her.

Last edited by Jourdal; 2009-08-29 at 08:59.
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, shounen, manga