AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 19 18.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 32.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 22.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 16.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.97%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.99%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-13, 05:31   Link #61
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Finally get to see some drama especially Ritsu's portraying jelousy.
The only gripe I have with this episode is that they cut-out the part where Azusa gets a nosebleed after seeing "Mio tripped and exposed her panties" on record. D:

Should've been a 10, but I'll give it a 9 instead.
Old 2009-06-13, 05:47   Link #62
Wyxor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
Ritsu gets swine flu!
What the buck!? SWINE FLU!

Old 2009-06-13, 07:17   Link #63
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I know it's late, but it's not my fault, so Please Don't Say (I Am) Lazy. Episode 11 article up:

[RIUVA] K-ON!, Episode 11

The whole 'drama' part is a bit off-tone, that's true, but someone it makes a whole lot of sense if I consider that Ritsu is PMS-ing.

Otherwise, it's been a nice episode. 8/10
Old 2009-06-13, 07:25   Link #64
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I know it's late, but it's not my fault, so Please Don't Say (I Am) Lazy.
Blame CoalGuys for being late too.
Old 2009-06-13, 07:26   Link #65
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

I had to give it an 8/10, I like drama but it could have been a little more...How should I put it, help?

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Old 2009-06-13, 08:32   Link #66
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Im starting to think this wouldn't have been too bad as a drama/yuri anime. I actually really enjoyed the episode. We finally get to see a softer side of Ritsu. Looks like the being in different classes didn't just affect Mio.

I usually don't like it when an animes create an original story line but i have to say this one works.
Old 2009-06-13, 10:11   Link #67
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

K-ON is doing some advertising.....

This is a Tama Iron Cobra Power Glide Dual Bass drum pedals.

Picture shamelessly taken from Riuva without permission. Apologies and credits to Ascaloth and co.

This is what it looks like IRL.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-06-13, 11:09   Link #68
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Hell yeah the drama felt forced, but the actual situation between the two characters in question is very believable. I just wish Kyoani executed it a little better, but I'm glad Ritsu actually got some focus and development... unlike that nonexistent Mugi. Oh well, beating on a dead horse will only stir up more controversy around here anyways, so let's just say I enjoy it.

If anything this episode just got me more excited for the finale next week. I see that chapter 24 is going to slip its way in, but how original are they going to make their ending~?
Old 2009-06-13, 17:07   Link #69
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
"sigh" and this is why anime-original material gets a bad name, because of bizarre shifts in character interaction/pacing/story like this.

They turned Ritsu from a over-the-top prankster to a clingy jealous b@tch, completely ruins impressions of her character and detracts from the show more then anything.

I really wish I could figure out why the Anime producers see it fit to change a character and add overly dramatic angst to a story that doesn't want or need it.

Probably THE worst episode of this entire series so far, even straight up moe-blobbing would have been 100x better.
Eh..???

From my observation of highschool girls they got Ritsu spot on.

(Shut up- I was in highschool once too, it's not creepy when you're just the sane guy that girls insist on asking for advice when they are in the middle of self imposed angst- of course they always want to be "just friends" no matter how much they claim you're the nicest guy they.... *Sackett loudly clears his throat*... Nevermind, my point is that when I say observations I don't mean stalking ala Konata's father's style.)

Anyway... back on topic. This is pretty normal highschool girl drama:

My best friend isn't in my class anymore, but wait she has a new friend- she choose to spend time with the new friend instead of me! Woe is me, my best friend now has a new best friend- I've been dumped! I must now act like an idiot and do all the fun and silly things we used to do when we were best friends- maybe by doing so I can spark the magic again and I'll be her best friend again.

Oh no! Ritsu hasn't come to school. It must be because she lost Mio to Nodaka in the "who is your best friend" faceoff! Mio you must now go and be Ritsu's plaything for a day to sooth her faux-romantic friendship heartbreak! Oh wait... you mean she just had a cold and had to stay in bed with a fever? Oh well, I guess the drama was all over nothing... Oh and the best friend faceoff? We'll just solve that by deciding we'll all be best friends together- after all we are all girls and we aren't dating so it's okay if we have more than one best friend after all.

I swear, when I was in highschool I saw this exact same scenario play out at least once a year. Sometimes it even used the same dialog.

Of course, reality isn't always that fun to watch. I thought the only really good part of the dramatic second half was Azusa sacrificing her dignity to put on the cat ears to create peace- and it worked!!

That made me laugh.

Azusa, your sacrifice shall be long remembered!

In the sense that the other band members now know exactly how to manipulate you into cosplaying.
Old 2009-06-13, 17:26   Link #70
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I wouldn't have minded the drama half as much if they had more than a 5 minute lead-up to it. As others have stated, it felt forced, and thus the drama did not mesh with me.

I'm fine with the occasional drama, but if they actually had build-up leading to this I would have felt a whole lot better about the whole thing.

Watching it again, it wasn't half as bad as my first impression, but it still felt really forced to me, especially given the nature of this series.

The end was pretty heart-warming though, and the part with Azusa was pretty adorable as well.

I do wish they kept a few scenes in though (particularly the Mugi-glare scene)
Old 2009-06-13, 17:35   Link #71
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I swear, when I was in highschool I saw this exact same scenario play out at least once a year.
I'm thinking more like "about once a month". And yeah, random high school "drama" is always random and stupid, but that's why it's high school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I'm fine with the occasional drama, but if they actually had build-up leading to this, I would have felt a whole lot better about the whole thing.
Somebody should have told this to the people at my high school. "No drama unless there's proper build-up." It would have saved everyone a lot of stress.

(I'm being facetious, but at the same time I do think people are over-thinking it a bit. It's just to show how the band is able to weather some strain. It's not supposed to be some sort of big long-term thing that was being foreshadowed and built-up to, or else it wouldn't be so trivially resolved either. And I suppose one could say "don't do trivial drama", but that's also sort of like "don't do high school settings". They go hand-in-hand.)
Old 2009-06-13, 18:04   Link #72
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It could be said there has been some buildup, but it has been mostly in Ritsu's "inner thoughts"...."What is this lonely feeling" that she did for Mio when Azusa came into the group, and her antics when Mio was assigned to a different class. It isn't obvious, but it could be used as a starting point.

I find it funny how some people who normally don't care for this show love this added drama, while some of those that normally like this show don't like that added drama. It is a weird contrast from the norm.
Old 2009-06-13, 20:36   Link #73
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I highly enjoyed this episode. Didn't really mind the drama, and I have seen way heavier things happening - during my high-school days and later on - with even less buildup, so I don't really feel it was all that forced.

And the band's name? Priceless.

Old 2009-06-14, 00:53   Link #74
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
The only gripe I have with this episode is that they cut-out the part where Azusa gets a nosebleed after seeing "Mio tripped and exposed her panties" on record. D:
While they didn't actually show it, I thought they were implying it. Mainly by her covering her face and then the tissue afterward. Granted I could be wrong.

In regards to the talk about the "drama" and it being out of place. I have to admit it was slightly jarring, but not that jarring. I think part of the reason why would be the following.

K-ON! isn't exactly the first series I've seen that has a slight bit of drama mixed into what is normally a relaxed series. And it probably won't be the last show to have such a thing happen.

In any case, as expected I liked the episode and that includes the drama. I definitely like the part about how Yui takes care of her guitar. The scene with Mio visiting a sick Ritsu was pretty nice. I love how Ritsu can recognize her footsteps. True love indeed!

Although I do wish they hadn't removed the "Mugi-Glare" scene. Still that gives me more reason to read both the manga and watch the anime. So that way each provides what the other is missing.
Old 2009-06-14, 00:57   Link #75
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
But I had thought that they were following the manga verbatim. At least that's where some people told me I should lay the blame if I didn't like the course the series was taking?
Old 2009-06-14, 02:55   Link #76
kim8268

I dont know where should I put my comment of K-on ep 12 being the last ep.
But I gotta say this
Well first of ep 11 well kinda gives a good atmosphere to all the characters and I like to see more development in their friendship because all of them were gathered by the call of music i should say.
So the main part what I am telling is there is more Rocks still left unturned in K-on what I mean is like the series will end there the sepai's at in their second year? What happen to Budokan(sorry if the spelling is wrong) live gig? Where Mugi's Main rest House(I wanna see the Size). Mainly what im trying to say and i think Every body feel's this is Huh? sudden ending? I want more!! dam Is the creator of K-on is playing Rock paper sissors? Or maybe Kyoani droped K-on? (I have a Reason but I dont want to tell) or Because Our Goddess will return Early so K-on has to be dropped and re creat for next time.
Many Stone in this mystery Is unturn that what i feel because I come to like all of the K-on Characters and i dont like a sudden ending or a short series of fun hilarious anime like K-on

Last edited by kim8268; 2009-06-14 at 02:57. Reason: mali
Old 2009-06-14, 05:26   Link #77
stubby42

Quote:
But I had thought that they were following the manga verbatim. At least that's where some people told me I should lay the blame if I didn't like the course the series was taking?
The anime has followed the manga almost religiously up until this episode, I guess they decided that there wasnt enough to work with for the final episodes, although it looks like episode 12 will follow the drama the manga put forward.
Old 2009-06-14, 07:04   Link #78
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim8268 View Post
I dont know where should I put my comment of K-on ep 12 being the last ep.
But I gotta say this
Well first of ep 11 well kinda gives a good atmosphere to all the characters and I like to see more development in their friendship because all of them were gathered by the call of music i should say.
So the main part what I am telling is there is more Rocks still left unturned in K-on what I mean is like the series will end there the sepai's at in their second year? What happen to Budokan(sorry if the spelling is wrong) live gig? Where Mugi's Main rest House(I wanna see the Size). Mainly what im trying to say and i think Every body feel's this is Huh? sudden ending? I want more!! dam Is the creator of K-on is playing Rock paper sissors? Or maybe Kyoani droped K-on? (I have a Reason but I dont want to tell) or Because Our Goddess will return Early so K-on has to be dropped and re creat for next time.
Many Stone in this mystery Is unturn that what i feel because I come to like all of the K-on Characters and i dont like a sudden ending or a short series of fun hilarious anime like K-on
The manga which is the source for this anime is not very much further than where we are now. To continue with the current amount of material would give only a couple extra episodes. The only other option is to create an anime original ending. Personally i prefer they end it like this than make an anime original ending.
Old 2009-06-14, 10:02   Link #79
Yuka-Chan
柊ユカ
*Artist

Hmm..I must say I really liked the drama in this episode
It was nice to see a diffrent side of Ritsu,I really could understand how she felt with the whole jealousy thing O.o i've felt the same two years ago,so i can understand why she was being bitchy.

Pretend it's not forever, I'll pull myself together I'll say that I'll forget him, I'll breathe.
And I'll say he never hurt me, And look at it as learning, And laugh about the good and the bad. Because I won't live forever We don't belong together, I know I'll feel better, One day when I can make it through

sig and avi made by me
Visit my Gallery

Old 2009-06-14, 12:26   Link #80
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Hmm drama... this isn't what I'm watching K-On for (^^; ) but I guess it wasn't so bad. Wait, so only one more episode (looking at the preview)? Wasn't there supposed to be 13 episodes? I guess the last one is a special episode or something, like KyoAni did with Clannad