AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-10-22, 21:34   Link #1061
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Spoiler for What really happened...:

I don't understand....
Old 2011-10-22, 21:43   Link #1062
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
So quick question: any idea when the full ED song comes out? I mean that's some seriously sweet voice there, made my jaw fall to the floor the moment I first heard it.
November 30. The insert song from the beginning of episode one, which is also sung by chelly, is on the CD with it.

chelly is supercell's new 17-year-old singer. The OP is sung by its new 15-year-old singer, Koeda. Both were chosen at auditions last May-July.

I think they are both excellent singers, but I admit that my first reaction was to think of them both as obnoxiously perfect, as opposed to the lovely rough edges of supercell's former (?) singer, nagi. I think I prefer chelly to Koeda, so far, anyway.

EDIT: @kk2extreme -- I like the insert song best, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-10-22 at 22:43.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 21:54   Link #1063
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I like the insert song from ep 1 more
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 01:39   Link #1064
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I don't understand....
It's the hair.
Old 2011-10-23, 05:17   Link #1065
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DummyInc View Post
yup thats right, it would be better if its in 1920 x 1200, thanks
Old 2011-10-23, 05:18   Link #1066
Sides

Kind of like the episode, until the end, that school scene was just arrr. If this is turns into a school comedy, sci-fi, fan service thing, then good bye.
I am actually surprise that Gai let that boy go, I would have though he would just killed him, but having that singer girl tagging him...
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 05:32   Link #1067
tsunade666

He can't just kill Shuu. It's a wasted void genome if he just kill him. He will just ensnare him with Inori. Plus it will be also good story to see and I don't hate a slice of life, school comedy added to the initial setting of sci-fi rebels.
Old 2011-10-23, 06:06   Link #1068
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I am actually surprise that Gai let that boy go, I would have though he would just killed him, but having that singer girl tagging him...
Well like tsunade666 says it would be a waste of a void genome.. and considering what just happened I'm sure security would be heightened on any remaining ones... Gai is also probably going to use Inori to ensnare him slowly instead of trying to force him to fight.. but for the moment they announced themselves to the world and won a battle.

Also I'm pretty sure Gai and Shu have history together.... if the images you see before Shu accepts his kings power are any indication.. also is there any reason for Gai to know Shu's full name prior to when he saved him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think they are both excellent singers, but I admit that my first reaction was to think of them both as obnoxiously perfect, as opposed to the lovely rough edges of supercell's former (?) singer, nagi. I think I prefer chelly to Koeda, so far, anyway
As much as I like the OP I can't help but think how much better it would've been with Nagi....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 06:19   Link #1069
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Also I'm pretty sure Gai and Shu have history together.... if the images you see before Shu accepts his kings power are any indication.. also is there any reason for Gai to know Shu's full name prior to when he saved him?
Are you saying that maybe the other pink(?) haired girl in the flashback is somehow related to Gai and Shu past?
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 06:36   Link #1070
DummyInc

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
thx man i love you
Old 2011-10-23, 16:24   Link #1071
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
...As much as I like the OP I can't help but think how much better it would've been with Nagi....
For anyone who (like me) didn't know this, nagi sings on her own as gazelle がぜる, and as Yanagi Nagi やなぎなぎ. Lots of stuff on YouTube. She was (is?) also part of the group binaria.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 16:27   Link #1072
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Hm..it almost fits.

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 16:54   Link #1073
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

1. My fears Inori really is the submissive type willing to be used as a tool and treated like a sex-object by the creators of this show came true. That scene in the ventilation duct was so uncalled for - there are times for fanservice, but the particular timing was just SO wrong and it was demeaning to boot! Didn't like the nonchalant way Inori draped Shu's hand across her chest either. It's almost as if she likes being used this way. Factors like these just seem to degrade a heroine rather than give reasons to like her. I'm very disappointed.
I really agree with this. Currently the anime treats her like some cheap stripper and it's hard to take her character seriously or grow attached to one like that. I mean it's almost as bad as Season 1 Motoko's. But at least Motoko was badass... :S Basically you can have fanservice without being insulting.

Quote:
3. Really beginning to dislike the music - it's just not working for me. The ED theme is okay but I really don't like the OP theme and Inori's singing isn't doing it for me either. The visuals seemed a bit messy this episode - already wondering whether they spent too much budget on making Episode 1 look good.
The OP is definitely ass. However, I noticed no notable shortcoming in the visuals...
Quote:
4. The world setting/plot progression was next to none in Episode 2. Most other shows I continued with really set things straight in their second episodes - their intentions, settings and motivations became clear. Guilty Crown is already wasting time this early...I am not impressed with this.
I agree that the setting up with the plot and antagonists was poor. But I think it's a bit too early to assume it won't come to fruition. I mean, being a 2 cour anime means that it needs to entertain the crowd while eventually shoehorning in the plot. If it starts progressing at episode 3, that'd be most regretful. Of course, that's just me.

Much like you, there's many animes to check out this season, and I have no time for mediocrity. However, I doubt this anime will be mediocre.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 17:05   Link #1074
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Sure this show has a lot of generic anime tropes, but I think I can live with it. The clearly astronomical budget forces me to watch this show.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 17:50   Link #1075
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
1. My fears Inori really is the submissive type willing to be used as a tool and treated like a sex-object by the creators of this show came true. That scene in the ventilation duct was so uncalled for - there are times for fanservice, but the particular timing was just SO wrong and it was demeaning to boot!
totally uncalled for? yes, but still very much welcomed.
I think, it all depends on how much you're into fanservice to begin with, and how much of it you can digest without getting a stomach-ache.

Quote:
Didn't like the nonchalant way Inori draped Shu's hand across her chest either. It's almost as if she likes being used this way. Factors like these just seem to degrade a heroine rather than give reasons to like her.
well, it's more a matter of taste than anything else. Frankly, I have not so much of a problem with how she's been portrayed up until now.
Sure, most of the times it feels forced, uncalled for and overly exaggerated, but that's GC for you... and, as we've seen, it's not something to take too seriously.
Old 2011-10-23, 17:58   Link #1076
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Hm..it almost fits.

To be fair, since almost every anime OP is about that length, a number of songs will be interchangeable.

It's not a bad fit, though the original is just far better.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 18:10   Link #1077
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
To be fair, since almost every anime OP is about that length, a number of songs will be interchangeable.

It's not a bad fit, though the original is just far better.
I thought it fit surprisingly well.

Anyways, here's another Inori pic:

Found on Tumblr

And, Gai:

Found @ Kananipa @ Tumblr
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2011-10-24 at 00:45.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 21:09   Link #1078
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

If someone would like post those void weapons featured every Shu has possessed from somebody. Thanks..

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 02:07   Link #1079
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
It's rather funny that rather Shu would join the Funeral Parlor in the 2nd episode or not, it'll still be claimed generic
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 02:19   Link #1080
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
It's rather funny that rather Shu would join the Funeral Parlor in the 2nd episode or not, it'll still be claimed generic
Well, the character is so generic that whether he joins or not doesn't make much difference IMO.

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig