AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-12-27, 12:15   Link #101
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
The eye techniques... considering how their is a connection between the sharigan and the Rinnengan, and the very old though now seemingly debunk status of the Byakugan being somehow related to the sharigan(it was mentioned early on, but then seemingly forgotten about), this would have been the PERFECT way to make Hinata relevant enough to the story to give her more panel time and development with Naruto... Heck, Tobi's last mask had three holes in it; he could have pulled a three-eye thing with a byakugan in his left eye, Sharigan for the right, and the rinnigan in the forehead... The more I think about it, the more I feel like Kishi had EVERYTHING he needed to write a decent romance subplot, but just missed it on every level.
Well when you put it like that...s***, you got a good point. I hadn't even considered all those passed up possibilities. But I refuse to let such valid points ruin this moment for me.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 12:27   Link #102
TimeMask
Phantom Member

If its revealed next chapter that Byakugan is related to sharingan then I don't think that would give Hinata a power up. Unless Naruto gives her some chakra.

Naruto's chakra is surrounding Hinata in the last page so it seems like Hinata is going to help Naruto fight.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 12:30   Link #103
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Kishi shits on his characters as much as Kubo does.

But at least Kubo treats his female characters somewhat decently; Kishi shits on them the hardest.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 12:31   Link #104
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Obito extended an invitation to Naruto to join the evil group of bitter virgin men, Naruto rejected the invitation like this: *grabs Hinata's hand* First Base, in like, 5 seconds, more progress than you have ever made being a wood guy obsessed with spirals.
Old 2012-12-27, 12:34   Link #105
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Obito extended an invitation to Naruto to join the evil group of bitter virgin men, Naruto rejected the invitation like this: *grabs Hinata's hand* First Base, in like, 5 seconds, more progress than you have ever made being a wood guy obsessed with spirals.
Obito may have worn a spiral on his mask, but Naruto plasters them on his outfit like a NASCAR sponsor.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 12:38   Link #106
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Obito may have worn a spiral on his mask, but Naruto plasters them on his outfit like a NASCAR sponsor.
At least Naruto turns his spirals into lethal shiny destructo disc nukes. Obito's are just symbolisms of the black hole of unpopped cherry man despair, like Aporia from Yu-gi-oh 5Ds, but every more zetsuboer.
Old 2012-12-27, 12:40   Link #107
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Gotta admit, that made me laugh.

Que the Uchiha rejects all simultaneously thinking "Why was I not born into the Nara or Uzumaki clans?" .
Old 2012-12-27, 12:45   Link #108
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
At least Naruto turns his spirals into lethal shiny destructo disc nukes. Obito's are just symbolisms of the black hole of unpopped cherry man despair, like Aporia from Yu-gi-oh 5Ds, but every more zetsuboer.
I gotta admit, I never thought that anybody will mention that guy in this thread. Especially regarding virginity.
Old 2012-12-27, 13:31   Link #109
GusGus

This fight has been dragged way too much, this chapter was so full of nothing.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 13:35   Link #110
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus View Post
This fight has been dragged way too much, this chapter was so full of nothing.
Amen to that, but, since Kishi himself said that he wants this series to last at least one more year before ending it, expect many drags on the Non-Haku variety.
Old 2012-12-27, 13:57   Link #111
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Well when you put it like that...s***, you got a good point. I hadn't even considered all those passed up possibilities. But I refuse to let such valid points ruin this moment for me.
Ya, there's more...
- You need to track down Garra who was captured? Here take this team of trackers with you
- You need to meet with an akatsuki spy, but it could be a trap? its dangerous to go alone, take this Byakugan.
- Naruto and Hinata are actually on the same team!? Maybe they'll actually talk to eachother

Naruhina is not the problem, its the execution (or the lack there of) that's the problem... even little things like a page here or there would have helped. Heck during downtime between missions, Naruto and Hinata could have just been seen together as a very simple way of saying "ya they have been hanging out off panel". Kishi hasn't even taken the time to really establish a friendship and he has them jumping into a relationship...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Kishi shits on his characters as much as Kubo does.

But at least Kubo treats his female characters somewhat decently; Kishi shits on them the hardest.
Ain't that the truth... Sakura started off terrible and just as she was looking good and making up for lost time, she undergoes immense character assassination that put her all the way back to square one. Hinata becomes the main love interest, but was ignored throughout the entire series. Most females in this series just come off as very weak, and those that aren't tend to have male counterparts that make them look weak by comparison.

Quote:
lol
Ah Tobi... he really isn't doing well as a villain is he? I can't help but remember how tobi was first introduced as a lovable idiot. Seriously, why exactly did this bitter evil mastermind decide to pull that lovable idiot act? It just makes no sense...
Old 2012-12-27, 13:58   Link #112
SeaDam

Given Kiba's line in a previous issue and Naruto's line about Hinata this issue, is there some history here we are not privy to? Some flashback to fill in the past missing development?
SeaDam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 14:10   Link #113
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Ain't that the truth... Sakura started off terrible and just as she was looking good and making up for lost time, she undergoes immense character assassination that put her all the way back to square one. Hinata becomes the main love interest, but was ignored throughout the entire series. Most females in this series just come off as very weak, and those that aren't tend to have male counterparts that make them look weak by comparison.
To be fair, Kubo is no slouch in his female character assassination.
Spoiler for Just in case:
Likewise, most of Kubo's female characters suffer the same problems Kishimoto's do: they're shown to be potentially very powerful but are undercut/moved to the side for plot, male character re-enterance, fanservice or any combination of the 3.

Quote:
lol
Ah Tobi... he really isn't doing well as a villain is he? I can't help but remember how tobi was first introduced as a lovable idiot. Seriously, why exactly did this bitter evil mastermind decide to pull that lovable idiot act? It just makes no sense...
For the evilz and giggles? Or maybe it was some really obsessive means of drawing attention away from himself (as in to who he really is). But if that was the case, why even bother to go outside at all? Just stay hidden in the Akatsuki batcave and don't draw obvious attention to yourself. Sheesh, no wonder Obito was a failure ninja. Naruto acted out because he wanted recognition so it is understandable. Obito just seems to have done it for all the wrong reasons.
Old 2012-12-27, 14:35   Link #114
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
Naruto's chakra is surrounding Hinata in the last page so it seems like Hinata is going to help Naruto fight.
well, I'm assuming that's the plan from Shikamarus dad...actually I'm thinking if not the entire army, then those relevant to the plan all have chakra auras since it is likely kurama has been asked to distribute his chakra...we just get to see hinata lit up for now...
Old 2012-12-27, 14:37   Link #115
Eragon
Still Alive

He's completely off his nuts. The guy blathers on about being beyond caring about his past and does the exact opposite.
Seriously, would have been better if he was still the idiot tobi and not this Retarded-more emo than Sasuke-fail of a character
Old 2012-12-27, 14:53   Link #116
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

after such a long wait finally got to see Naruto and Hinata together,i just hope it stays together till the end,
And don't you dare come in between Sakura just Die by Sasuke's hands
Old 2012-12-27, 15:09   Link #117
Aqua Knight

How the hell is Sasuke a fail character?

Compared to Naruto who is easily swayed by some words from Obito and death of his comrades, Sasuke is completely devoted to his revenge and doesn't falter/have blank look when somebody speaks ill of his ideals.

I mainly read manga for Sasuke rather than Naruto because for Sasuke there's so much potential to develop and different paths to follow - truly evil or redemption unlike Naruto whose way was already determined early on before.
Old 2012-12-27, 15:13   Link #118
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

^i think Eragon is saying that obito is a fail character and mentioning that obito is more emo than sasuke, i don't think he is targeting sasuke as a fail character, although i could be wrong
Old 2012-12-27, 15:17   Link #119
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Compared to Naruto who is easily swayed by some words from Obito and death of his comrades, Sasuke is completely devoted to his revenge and doesn't falter/have blank look when somebody speaks ill of his ideals.
Maybe if Sasuke had comrades, he might care about their deaths. As it is, he has some stooges. And besides, you can't say he doesn't falter considering he 180'd on his ideals and went from "Kill Itachi" to "Avenge Itachi", as it were.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 15:19   Link #120
Aqua Knight

Alright, but I don't see how Obito fails as a character.
He is just a character with his own motivations.

I mean after Rin died what did you want him to do?
Return back to Konoha and live happily?
Yeah, maybe it was better to keep him dead, but introducing another character instead of him would be harder. He's not a fail of a character -just not perfectly fitting plot device.

@GDB
He did a turn-around on his ideals, but he never stopped or hesitated in implementing them into life (until recently)

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion