AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 19 18.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 32.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 22.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 16.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.97%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.99%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-11, 20:35   Link #21
ThoHell

OH... this is different. Not what I expected, but I guess I can see why they're doing it and the type of ending they want... light, sweet, and fluffy. Oh, mugi was pretty wow and impressive this episode. man you know what? All the characters have really grown on me! Not something that happens, IF EVER, in any series...

Last edited by ThoHell; 2009-06-11 at 20:52.
Old 2009-06-11, 21:12   Link #22
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Huh, well, nice KyoAni. This is what you should have done since the start, instead of waiting till ep. 10, but nice nevertheless.
Old 2009-06-11, 21:47   Link #23
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Yoshida-san (that is the correct pronunciation, right?)... Wha'cha doing...?

Spoiler for ep11:
It felt underwhelming certainly.
Old 2009-06-11, 22:13   Link #24
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The DVD/Blu-Ray solicitations are what confirm episode 14, but it'll be DVD-only. We know it won't air on TV because another show will be in that timeslot starting the first week of July. So, it looks like it'll be 12 regular TV + 1 special/bonus + 1 DVD/Blu-Ray-exclusive.
AH.. you're right, seems like taisho yakyuu musume is taking over the k-on timeslot. :/
Old 2009-06-12, 00:52   Link #25
Animexcel

Doh! I guess it is ending soon lol
Old 2009-06-12, 01:05   Link #26
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Episode 10: Wait, this is still K-On, right?

Well, damn, this episode was a bit of a shift in tone. We're given a glimpse of what it really is like to be in a band.
Spoiler:

Overall, this episode felt out of place compared to the rest, and I am on the fence as to what good/bad this does to it as a whole. I guess they can use this series just to whore some more music and drama CDs (says the dude with pre-orders).

So next ep is really the last until the DVD special? I dunno if there's enough "material" for a second season.
Old 2009-06-12, 02:39   Link #27
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
LOL so are they really gonna stick with the name...
Spoiler for ep11:

禁則事項です
Old 2009-06-12, 02:55   Link #28
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

"sigh" and this is why anime-original material gets a bad name, because of bizarre shifts in character interaction/pacing/story like this.

They turned Ritsu from a over-the-top prankster to a clingy jealous b@tch, completely ruins impressions of her character and detracts from the show more then anything.

I really wish I could figure out why the Anime producers see it fit to change a character and add overly dramatic angst to a story that doesn't want or need it.

Probably THE worst episode of this entire series so far, even straight up moe-blobbing would have been 100x better.
Old 2009-06-12, 07:46   Link #29
ReaderT

Episode 12 is the final episode, and episode 13 is an EXTRA!

Source: J-CAST News: popular anime "K-ON!" episode 13 is an extra
Old 2009-06-12, 09:30   Link #30
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
They turned Ritsu from a over-the-top prankster to a clingy jealous b@tch, completely ruins impressions of her character and detracts from the show more then anything.
You don't like characters with more than two dimentions?
Old 2009-06-12, 11:03   Link #31
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I'm kinda upset that they never turn Ritsu into a clingy jealous murderous yandere girl. I could've sworn Ritsu is turning Yandere during the forced drama.

Pic related is what I've expected to turn out
Old 2009-06-12, 11:12   Link #32
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
I'm kinda upset that they never turn Ritsu into a clingy jealous murderous yandere girl. I could've sworn Ritsu is turning Yandere during the forced drama.

Pic related is what I've expected to turn out
I like where this is going...
Damn, and these pants were clean.
Old 2009-06-12, 11:27   Link #33
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaderT View Post
Episode 12 is the final episode, and episode 13 is an EXTRA!

Source: J-CAST News: popular anime "K-ON!" episode 13 is an extra
don't worry folks!, we still believe K-on! will continue after this!

i hope....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-06-12, 12:08   Link #34
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Wow, what's with all the angst all of a sudden? Not that I'm complaining as Ritsu finally gets some focus of her own.

I can see fanartists portraying Ritsu as the second Yandere after Ui, though she did entrust Nodoka to take good care of Mio for her, so all's well.

Azu-nyan wearing her nekomimi is so moe I died for a few seconds.

Some changes they should have left untouched from the manga:

1. Should have got Azu-nyan to nosebleed at Mio's panties. Kyo-Ani, I can understand you not showing us Mio's panties, but to cut out Azu-nyan nosebleeding as well? Why!?

2. Sawa-chan suggest she could help Yui fix her guitar in exchange for letting her doing "whatever she likes" with Mio.

3. Mugi blatantly abusing her ojou-sama status to get another discount for Yui, rather than have the shop assistants volunteering to do it for her. I rather like this Dark Side that Mugi sometimes shows, so I'm quite dismayed that it was taken out.

First Ritsu gets ill, now it's Yui's turn. The After School Tea Time band should be careful of their health if they want their school festival gig to go smoothly, as the WHO has just raised the flu alert to phase 6 - pandemic level.

Here's to the After School Tea Time band on having an awesome finale next week. (As well as celebrating the return of Haruhi once again. )
Old 2009-06-12, 12:49   Link #35
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
You don't like characters with more than two dimentions?
Not when the other dimension is fabricated from nothing, and makes almost no sense considering previous character interaction. Hence the reason the entire second half of this episode felt like "forced" drama.
Old 2009-06-12, 13:04   Link #36
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Anyone who thinks next week will be the last we ever see of K-ON! is either an idiot or incredibly naive. Given the series' massive popularity I can all but guarantee another 1-cour season once the next chapter is done and KyoAni doesn't have anything else on their radar. Hell, Minami-ke (another 4-koma manga turned anime) isn't half as popular as this show has turned out to be and it's seen three 1-cour seasons so far. K-ON! is a cash cow that KyoAni has barely even begun to utilize.

As for this week's episode, I'll have some thoughts on it once a sub actually comes available. Coalguys are dragging their feet on it.
Old 2009-06-12, 13:16   Link #37
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The DVD/Blu-Ray solicitations are what confirm episode 14, but it'll be DVD-only. We know it won't air on TV because another show will be in that timeslot starting the first week of July. So, it looks like it'll be 12 regular TV + 1 special/bonus + 1 DVD/Blu-Ray-exclusive.
Now this is useful.

Man they really are pulling all the stops here really.

I gotta wonder if it's ecchi or an original on the DVD/BR discs.
Old 2009-06-12, 13:21   Link #38
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I gotta wonder if it's ecchi
Get your mind out of the gutter. This isn't that kind of series.
Old 2009-06-12, 13:23   Link #39
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Get your mind out of the gutter. This isn't that kind of series.
Sorry I can't help it since nearly all the fan art images are also in the ECCHI-ZONE. Don't say gutter say ECCHI.
Old 2009-06-12, 13:33   Link #40
Wyxor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Sorry I can't help it since nearly all the fan art images are also in the ECCHI-ZONE. Don't say gutter say ECCHI.
Lul wtf ecchi means? Zone? Danger zone?