AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-12, 10:14   Link #21
ronin myael
lost ronin

i almost want to hope that the tsukishima and byakuya battle would be a little more interesting but i no longer have the strength to.

i do admit that tsukishima's abilities are quite interesting, but it would be even more interesting if kubo could do something unpredictable with it and have it actually work against someone as snotty as byakuya. but i seriously doubt it. if kubo surprises me next week i'd be glad.
Old 2011-10-12, 10:17   Link #22
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Personally I've found myself liking Tsukishima's power, and I hope for once we see Byakuya lose, even if it's just for the sake of having some variety.
Old 2011-10-12, 11:32   Link #23
ntherblast

Lol I finally realised something this manga has like no complex background drawings at all. All I see is buildings and rocks and clouds that eventually get destroyed and the dialogue is just short remarks. I can literally read a chapter in this manga within 1minute and take everything in
Old 2011-10-12, 11:33   Link #24
Kallen4life

that was pretty cool, definitely liking Tsuki's powers

any similar abilities in other mangas ?
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-10-12, 11:39   Link #25
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

tsukishima's power reminds me of that one doctor who spoof (with rowan atkinson) where he kept going back in time to set a trap for his nemesis (the master), who also kept going back in time to set a trap for his nemesis (the doctor).

anyway, didn't a similar thing happen with captain yamamoto and wonderweiss, where he sealed the head captains sword and proceeded to have his ass handed to him via hand to hand combat?

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2011-10-12, 11:44   Link #26
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Personally I've found myself liking Tsukishima's power, and I hope for once we see Byakuya lose, even if it's just for the sake of having some variety.
hmm imagine that if Byakuya got cut by Tsukishima's sword, his "presence" from his past memories would set place. Leading Byakuya to be an enemy lol

wouldn't that be something

Old 2011-10-12, 11:46   Link #27
kakakka

Wonder who Tsukishima would replace.

When I thought about the possibility, I suddenly remembered Byakuya's wife LOL
Old 2011-10-12, 12:26   Link #28
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

how many "fatal" injuries has Byakuya had?
Old 2011-10-12, 13:08   Link #29
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Meh... it was decent.
Old 2011-10-12, 13:19   Link #30
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

i'm feeling a byakuya vs zomari flashback. Tsukishima is like i know your sword. Now it is boring. Then byakuya will pull out "you may have hit my sword but what happens when you have to hit the millions of blade petals" then boom dead.
Old 2011-10-12, 14:08   Link #31
Alchemist007
*Author

Inanimate objects? His ability makes less sense than before.
Old 2011-10-12, 14:24   Link #32
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Inanimate objects? His ability makes less sense than before.
Swing sword, stuff happens, standard bleach dues ex machina logic as far as I see.

I bet Aizen could hypnotize rocks to "die" for him too, TROLOLOL.

Seriously though, yeah I agree the ability makes zero sense now.
Old 2011-10-12, 15:53   Link #33
Suryce

It was stated from the very beginning that "fullbringer" is about using the soul of objects. So there absolutely nothing illogical with Tsukishima's power working on inanimate objects, it makes even more sense than using it on people.

You really should read what is written in the manga before trying to criticize its logic
Old 2011-10-12, 16:12   Link #34
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
hmm imagine that if Byakuya got cut by Tsukishima's sword, his "presence" from his past memories would set place. Leading Byakuya to be an enemy lol

wouldn't that be something
We may finally have Byakuya vs. Kenpachi! (Unfortunately, that would be too cool for Kubo and his "friendship and teamwork ftw" message)
Old 2011-10-12, 16:40   Link #35
KnightOfTwo

Better than last week, but that isn't saying much. Tsukishima's ability is a giant hack, but if he gives Byakuya a nice beat down, at least it would spice up the fights a bit.

Though I don't see how Tsukishima knowing what Senbonzakura does is going to make any difference. All Byakuya has to do to win is use his (likely) superior speed. Knowing an ability doesn't count for anything if you can't keep up with your opponent.
Old 2011-10-12, 17:02   Link #36
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryce View Post
It was stated from the very beginning that "fullbringer" is about using the soul of objects. So there absolutely nothing illogical with Tsukishima's power working on inanimate objects, it makes even more sense than using it on people.

You really should read what is written in the manga before trying to criticize its logic
First it's hypnotism/brainwashing and now it's time travel.
Old 2011-10-12, 17:38   Link #37
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryce View Post
More than that, everything has a history. As long as something exists, it will have a history. So, since Tsuki's power is to manipulate personal history, it's only reasonable that he can manipulate the history of objects just as easily as people.
Old 2011-10-12, 17:57   Link #38
Ulquihorror

I have a question:
Spoiler:

What is that supposed to be? Is it a penis?
Old 2011-10-12, 18:30   Link #39
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Okay, Tsukishima's abilities are now officially Pretty F*cking Cool. To be able to insert youurself into the history of an object is simply amazing. I kind of expected that he would be able to partially control a Zanpakutou (since the sword has a soul of sorts), but to be able to apply the technique to a floor? That's Pretty F*cking Cool.
Really? They seem pretty randomly half-assed to me. I can understand inserting itself into the past of inanimate objects. Sure, that makes sense. But only if it's causing an effect to that object. The "I know your sword now" stuff is complete bullshit. If he's inserting himself into the object's past, how does that affect him at all? It's the object's past, not his own. The most he should be able to do is cause the blade damage or put a trap on it like he did the floor.

The only explanation is if he actually inserts himself into the past, and not just the past of what he slices. In which case, Tsukishima defeating Aizen would be canon.
Old 2011-10-12, 18:30   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
I have a question:
Spoiler:

What is that supposed to be? Is it a penis?
I can't stop laughing at your post . Genius.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2011-10-12 at 18:41.
Closed Thread