AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-23, 00:51   Link #1
Protto

I just got Gokusen-Live Action,can be played, with video and sound, but there's boxes

Well the title pretty much sums up the problem. The boxes appear randomly in a few dozen or so thats rectangularish and its somewhat faded. The file could be played with sound and image but the boxes tend to block a degree of comfort when viewing it. I'm asking if there's any rememdy this. I got most of the basic codec from the media configuration on this page but i might be missing certain ones. Can someone tell me what codec i'm missing? thats in advance.
Old 2004-07-23, 01:20   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Through much trial and error, tested upon countless newbies (who don't know how to read the "sticky" important threads) we have found a simple and quick solution that will fix at least 98% of all problems that we see. I expect it will work on your problem as well.

Uninstall all your codecs. Trust me. All of them:
Uninstall DivX.
Uninstall XviD.
Uninstall ffdshow.
Especially uninstall any Codec packs, They are Evil!

Download and install ffdshow. You'll find it listed as [Level 1] on the Media Configuration Guide.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-07-23, 04:17   Link #3
Protto

i did, all the codecs i have in my comp is Ac3filter, ffshow, matrixmixer, and AAC. the other 3 are all for later levels in media configuration. But its still not working.
Old 2004-07-23, 04:38   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Well according to GSpot, the video is encoded with XviD using mp3 audio. Nothing exotic there.

What media player are you using? I'd recommend that you try MPC since it will play almost anything. I personally dislike vlc, but others have had a different experience with it, so you might consider it if MPC doesn't do the job.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-07-23, 05:02   Link #5
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Just to continue with what NoSanninWa has been saying. I do not have any problems with the Gokusen Live-Action [DonE-FoB] and I have only the ffdshow-20030523.exe codec installed and running Media Player Classic 6.4.7.8