AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-25, 15:35   Link #101
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not a bad trick being pulled with the ethanol in order to get back at that jerk. Having that kind of knowledge can make things pretty interesting. Long as you have the ability to pull it off. That guy will be having nightmares for quite some time .
Old 2008-04-25, 17:01   Link #102
Molenir

Quote:
Not a bad trick being pulled with the ethanol in order to get back at that jerk. Having that kind of knowledge can make things pretty interesting. Long as you have the ability to pull it off. That guy will be having nightmares for quite some time
Reminds me of a Connecticut Yankee in King Arthurs Court, along with a host of other stories in a similar vein. Very enjoyable seeing it again though. So far I have to admit I'm enjoying this show. Definitely very promising start.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 17:15   Link #103
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Why is this series so hard to understand >_<

ep 4
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 20:11   Link #104
vorpal83

How many high school kids would know how to do that, though?
vorpal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 20:28   Link #105
maika_chan

Quote:
lol, Tokidoki is a weird name... but almost all of the characters in Amatsuki are named after Japanese colors, so "toki" is reddish pink, "kon" is navy blue, "kuchiha" is brown, etc.
yikes! And Kon thinks that Toki's name is a 'tough' name...

Anyway, I was going through the 1st ep again before watching the 2nd, and I noticed something this time:
Spoiler for ep 1:

Aren't they Toki's classmates or something?! What are the chances that they too got sucked back in time...I mean their appearance there must mean something since they also appeared in the opening theme...
maika_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 21:06   Link #106
Shinkouhyou
(#゚Д゚)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maika_chan View Post
yikes! And Kon thinks that Toki's name is a 'tough' name...

Anyway, I was going through the 1st ep again before watching the 2nd, and I noticed something this time:
Spoiler for ep 1:

Aren't they Toki's classmates or something?! What are the chances that they too got sucked back in time...I mean their appearance there must mean something since they also appeared in the opening theme...
He means that Toki's name is "tough" in the sense that it would be problematic. Blond hair and a weird, modern-sounding name stick out too much.

None of his classmates besides Kon go back in time... in the manga, his school friends show up in the first chapter as comic relief, but that scene was cut from the anime. I'm not sure why they're in the OP, really.
Shinkouhyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 21:44   Link #107
maika_chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkouhyou View Post
He means that Toki's name is "tough" in the sense that it would be problematic. Blond hair and a weird, modern-sounding name stick out too much.

None of his classmates besides Kon go back in time... in the manga, his school friends show up in the first chapter as comic relief, but that scene was cut from the anime. I'm not sure why they're in the OP, really.
There goes my theory....kinda disapointing tho cuz they (the classmates) seem to be an interesting bunch. Perhaps the producers might wanna insert a filler episode about Toki's school life...maybe as a DVD special or something...
Old 2008-04-26, 07:06   Link #108
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Well I Liked The First Two Ep...Look Interesting Anime To Watch
Witting Ep 3 Sub ^.^
Old 2008-04-27, 08:41   Link #109
Westlo
Lets be reality

I enjoyed episode 2 and it was nice to see Toki repair his relationship with Kuchiha after his comments in the first pissed her off. Question for manga readers..

Spoiler:
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 09:31   Link #110
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode two was a nice watch, especially for that damn wonderful smile from Kuchiha. It's one of those smiles that would lighten my whole day from the morning --- absolutly wonderful.

If possibly, could i reguest a few Kuchiha avatars from the first or second episode?
Old 2008-04-27, 10:12   Link #111
OMchan
オムちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Question for manga readers..

Spoiler:
I've only read up to chapter 22 (manga is up to chapter 44) but...

Spoiler:

Anyways, when I watched the first episode, I thought Kuchiha's voice was a bit low since I imagined her with a higher voice while reading the manga. But it's nothing that can't be remedied with time.

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 20:13   Link #112
maika_chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan View Post
Anyways, when I watched the first episode, I thought Kuchiha's voice was a bit low since I imagined her with a higher voice while reading the manga. But it's nothing that can't be remedied with time.
I too have that problem when characters from manga & books that I've read are not up to what I imagined them to be when converted to the big screen or TV.

Regarding episode 2, I was quite taken aback by Kuchiha's smile at the end...just not what I would expect her to do. A pat on the back is more like her.

p.s. At first I thought Kuchiha's voice sounded like Rukia's (Bleach), but a quick google check proved otherwise...
Old 2008-04-27, 20:30   Link #113
OMchan
オムちゃん

Quote:
p.s. At first I thought Kuchiha's voice sounded like Rukia's (Bleach), but a quick google check proved otherwise...
*had forgotten to look up VA list-- googles* Wow, I had no idea Paku Romi voiced Kuchiha. I guess that explains why her voice sounded like Temari (Naruto).

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 21:19   Link #114
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
I've only read up to chapter 22 (manga is up to chapter 44) but...

Spoiler:

Knowing that Romi-san voiced Kuchiha, it's a pleasant surprised. This has got to be one of her highest pitched voice, ever.

Quote:
I too have that problem when characters from manga & books that I've read are not up to what I imagined them to be when converted to the big screen or TV.

Regarding episode 2, I was quite taken aback by Kuchiha's smile at the end...just not what I would expect her to do. A pat on the back is more like her.

I'm just glad that she didn't pull a Toshiro on us.

Quote:
*had forgotten to look up VA list-- googles* Wow, I had no idea Paku Romi voiced Kuchiha. I guess that explains why her voice sounded like Temari (Naruto).
Well, I've caught bits of Naruto where Temari's featured. Again, one of her higher pitch voices. See middle comment for "gratitude".
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 23:30   Link #115
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 23:50   Link #116
Esper 28
Akira

I just figured I'd throw in my two cents about this show. I was just kind of looking at the main page trying to find something I could jump into and this one sounded the most appealing. To my surprise, it was actually really enjoyable. I really enjoy the characters, especially Kuchiha. While Kon seems to be all sorts of badass, I find myself disliking Toki. Like, actually disliking him to the point where I think the show would be better without him. I think as time goes on, my opinion of him will change, but hey, it's only two episodes in.

Seriously, though, Kuchiha is awesome.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 17:53   Link #117
Kaijin
かいじん

WooHoo! Episode 3 has been subbed and released by Ureshii!
Old 2008-04-30, 17:56   Link #118
Molenir

I was sad to see some of the developments in epi 3. That character at the end... Anytime theres a character like that introduced, you can always tell, the plot is heading in a bad direction. Not bad as in, oh no horrible things are gonna happen. I'd actually prefer that, but bad as in bad choice of characters, bad choices in plot developments. Just bad!

Hopefully things won't turn out the way I'm thinking.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 12:54   Link #119
Esper 28
Akira

It wasn't a bad episode, but there were some odd things. When Toki first mentioned his eye patch, I thought, "Did I miss an episode?" And the scene where they come to the basket and then it splits, I wasn't crazy about their reactions. They were ready to just split up. I just think that some of the pacing of the episode wasn't the greatest.

And, yeah, I agree with Molenir, I'm not that fond of the villain introduced at the end of the episode.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 13:47   Link #120
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Indeed, the pacing was rather bad but the way they did introduce the villain in the end isn't necessary a bad thing, but more of a cliche. Though this time, it was used in a rushed way...and just shows how clueless Toki is when he can't sense danger at all. This is also the same when the time he followed the little "monster guy"...in fact, I am still freaked out by his rapping O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
historical, studio deen, supernatural