081 - 090: Great 66 20.43%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.24%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.48%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.43%
041 - 050: Below Average 17 5.26%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.86%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.24%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.10%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 22 6.81%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-04, 15:52   Link #441
nines
I much prefer the 2d

The fighting scenes were obviously awesome but the introduction of ELS and how they explained why they moved to people with Quantum Brain Waves was horribly explained. And it's hard to understand what Setsuna did when he somehow did a warp through space and made a giant flower appear, it's obvious what the flower stands for but still random as hell.

And how they played out the romance with Feldt I actually liked that was hoping for the ending to be a peaceful thing, well it was but he turned into part ELS didn't age and goes to an old Marina, and then somehow his 00 Quantum turns into flowers =.=.

Graphics: 8/10
Story: 6/10
Ending: 5/10
Introduction: 7.5/10

On a side note what is with Gundam and wimpy heroes?

Amuro Ray: Awesome fighter, Super wimp.
Kira Yamato: Badass fighter, turned into super hippy wimp
Shin Aska: Decent fighter, emo wimp.
Hero Yui: Actually the best main character in any Gundam Movie for me he keeps his ideals, has some emotional points for balance and interest, and cold blooded killer.
Banaghjer: He's a horrible pilot and a major major colonel wimp.

Going to stop there but you see the point :O Hope the next Gundam movie or series is better
Old 2011-01-04, 15:55   Link #442
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I don't recall any pilot wimps in 00. Everyone was stead fast and ready for action.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 16:14   Link #443
chickdigger802

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
The fighting scenes were obviously awesome but the introduction of ELS and how they explained why they moved to people with Quantum Brain Waves was horribly explained. And it's hard to understand what Setsuna did when he somehow did a warp through space and made a giant flower appear, it's obvious what the flower stands for but still random as hell.

And how they played out the romance with Feldt I actually liked that was hoping for the ending to be a peaceful thing, well it was but he turned into part ELS didn't age and goes to an old Marina, and then somehow his 00 Quantum turns into flowers =.=.

Graphics: 8/10
Story: 6/10
Ending: 5/10
Introduction: 7.5/10

On a side note what is with Gundam and wimpy heroes?

Amuro Ray: Awesome fighter, Super wimp.
Kira Yamato: Badass fighter, turned into super hippy wimp
Shin Aska: Decent fighter, emo wimp.
Hero Yui: Actually the best main character in any Gundam Movie for me he keeps his ideals, has some emotional points for balance and interest, and cold blooded killer.
Banaghjer: He's a horrible pilot and a major major colonel wimp.

Going to stop there but you see the point :O Hope the next Gundam movie or series is better
Didn't Kira turn out to be ghandi Jesus Messiah by Destiny?
chickdigger802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 16:33   Link #444
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So now that all the usual haters have had there say I would imagine it's going to get less predictable in here now. Unless they come back for an encore in spite of how much the movie and series completely 100% "sucked" which is definitely within the realm of possibility considering history.

I'm going to try my best to inject something different into this thread and put a more positive spin on things once I see the movie tonight (been really busy lately). I see no point in further repeating the same singular narrative and opinions and answering to just one big collection of hate and disappointment over trivial subjective matters, this will be different I promise people that. In the meantime I'll direct people to Divine's recollection of the movie over on RC. To date it's the most reasonable take on the movie I have yet to see by somebody who clearly had no problem understanding what they were watching. Very detailed and with proper grammar and actual points to be made too. Clearly a shit was given by this man and I detected no agenda present in his take on the movie like I have in other people's posts around the internet. Of course it helps when you have a good track record of generally being reasonable and not over the top and spamming memes and made up words everywhere in your posts. Anyway, Divine's post on Gundam 00, check it out.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-01-04 at 16:54.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 17:05   Link #445
RedWing

By a guy who thinks Angel Beats had the best story all year? Yeah, his opinion is so much greater than everyone else's isn't it?
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 17:22   Link #446
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
By a guy who thinks Angel Beats had the best story all year? Yeah, his opinion is so much greater than everyone else's isn't it?
Just ignore him he's a fanboy that won't accept any one's negative opinion even if there right. As always he pulls the the "haters gonna hate" apparent agenda that he accuses people have, when ever they say anything negative about he's favorite series.

Anyways about Angel Beats, the story was so rushed for that series with little character development. The story in Angel Beats was mediocre at best.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 17:22   Link #447
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Man so much hate even still, I knew there was an encore performance left in you.

Anyway that's a separate issue and his right to make since it's his damn post (that I didn't even link by the way) about his picks for the year 2010. Even if I vehemently disagree with that pick in that completely unrelated post that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Gundam 00 (besides it being his pick for movie of the year), it has nothing to do with the fact that I think he made a good post about this movie that.

See I respect people's right to have their own tastes, what I don't like is when they make ridiculous low content posts like "This movie sucked so bad" or "I couldn't follow the plot" and expect people to take anything away from it or give it the same weight as a post from somebody that takes the time to go over more than one issue and tone in relation to what they are talking about. As I said clearly a shit was given and an effort was made to enjoy and appreciate the movie by Divine, unlike what I'm getting from some other people.

Anyway if you have an issue with the guy's post I suggest taking it to him on his blogs comment section and maybe try actually critiquing what he writes in the post or providing a counter to his opinion in your own instead of trying to attack his credibility on a completely separate issue. In short try to show some maturity and tact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Just ignore him he's a fanboy that won't accept any one's negative opinion even if there right. As always he pulls the the "haters gonna hate" apparent agenda that he accuses people have, when ever they say anything negative about he's favorite series.

Anyways about Angel Beats, the story was so rushed for that series with little character development. The story in Angel Beats was mediocre at best.
That's it, you've got it 100% bang on the nail boy. Boy I wish I had made that post a while back where I said that I completely agreed with the too much actual, too little plot criticism regarding the movie. Sucks just being a fanboy.
Old 2011-01-04, 17:29   Link #448
ZODDGUTS

Thank you for admitting it.
Old 2011-01-04, 17:41   Link #449
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Thank you for admitting it.
It's not so much admitting it as coming to the conclusion on my own. However since I was expecting that and the trailers showed an emphasis on action I can't say I felt much in the way of disappointment.
Old 2011-01-04, 17:48   Link #450
RedWing

Everyone has different tastes on what they enjoy in anime, as hard as it is for me to get round the crap people enjoy, I can accept that people enjoy different things.

However that changes not one iota the strength in my convictions on my opinion that some people just have really poor taste. You see Divine's take on the movie as "the most reasonable take on the movie", but may I remind you that 90% of what makes the piece is pure opinion - I immediately call into Divine's taste when I refer to the inconceivable idea that Angel Beats of all shows had a great story. This frames me into my mind that I do not think like this person - infact the way his mind accepts story elements and plot progression is completely alien to me.

Quote:
Watching this desperate battle in space gave me chills and put me in a bit of a cold sweat, and seeing Setsuna finally come to from the mental damage he sustained earlier and finally launch in the Gundam 00 Qan[T] as everyone’s last hope brought a tear to my eye
What exactly am I supposed to take from this? I did not (and cannot see why anyone else would) gain this experience from the film - So what else can I do but write his review off as another opinion that I disagree with? I see nothing in his article that is any more insightful or deep or revealing than anyone else's opinion on the movie.

Besides I don't see why you're getting so upset - the review weighting is clearly favourable on this site, it's clear use haters (aka sensible people) are in the minority.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 17:56   Link #451
Sassarai
Army of One

The fighting was mostly against silver missile- like aliens. Not really that awesome imo. The Innovator (Descarte) got owned pretty quick I was expecting more from him.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 18:07   Link #452
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Everyone has different tastes on what they enjoy in anime, as hard as it is for me to get round the crap people enjoy, I can accept that people enjoy different things.

However that changes not one iota the strength in my convictions on my opinion that some people just have really poor taste. You see Divine's take on the movie as "the most reasonable take on the movie", but may I remind you that 90% of what makes the piece is pure opinion - I immediately call into Divine's taste when I refer to the inconceivable idea that Angel Beats of all shows had a great story. This frames me into my mind that I do not think like this person - infact the way his mind accepts story elements and plot progression is completely alien to me.

What exactly am I supposed to take from this? I did not (and cannot see why anyone else would) gain this experience from the film - So what else can I do but write his review off as another opinion that I disagree with? I see nothing in his article that is any more insightful or deep or revealing than anyone else's opinion on the movie.

Besides I don't see why you're getting so upset - the review weighting is clearly favourable on this site, it's clear use haters (aka sensible people) are in the minority.
Easy buddy, you don't have to read or like his review, I'm just recommending it to people who are looking for something more than a single paragraph or sentence on why the movie sucks. Also I'm not upset, I'm used to this stuff by now. It's like that one lyric from that LOGH opening, "It's like the story goes on without me, but every now and then I step in to play my part".

A better analogy might be stepping out on stage to play a role in a play that's already had a few prior iterations. You know your part there are no nerves and its just another day at the theatre.
Old 2011-01-04, 18:11   Link #453
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I really enjoyed this as a movie, but I think they could do so much more with a series....

At least now the Gundam fanatics on the VS forums actually have some sensible ammo with the ELS when they try to claim that Gundamverse beats Macrossverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
That's why I thought they should drop the whole Feldt x Setsuna in the beginning (or way back in S2), because it's going nowhere. All it does is hurting the show (at least to the shippers, because frankly, I don't really care about that. I've been thinking the most natural one is Setsuna and Marina), and that's their bad choice for the movie.
No reason why ELSetsuna can't clone himself
Old 2011-01-04, 18:13   Link #454
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

The most disappointing point of the movie for me was the fights; just laser/missle spams on pointy objects most of the time. The graphics were eye catching at first, but you would have to get bored when its repeated over and over again. The story wasn't so bad for the first half, but it didn't get better after that, not to mention the ending. I mean, flower gundam? At least its 'innovative'... And I feel sorry for the princess. I lol'ed when metal Setsuna hugged the old Princess.
Old 2011-01-04, 18:20   Link #455
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Now aliens are added (aside from Seed), what's next in the agenda? Parallel universes? I feel a TTGL style gundam series is coming, just look at the gundam movie showing in the beginning...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 18:26   Link #456
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Now aliens are added (aside from Seed), what's next in the agenda? Parallel universes? I feel a TTGL style gundam series is coming, just look at the gundam movie showing in the beginning...
I hope the next Gundam series prequels Gundam 00. They did a fine job making a universe where there is plenty to be told. The mangas have plenty of material and I'm sure they can come up with other stories with that.
Old 2011-01-04, 18:28   Link #457
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I hope the next Gundam series prequels Gundam 00. They did a fine job making a universe where there is plenty to be told. The mangas have plenty of material and I'm sure they can come up with other stories with that.
I'd love a 00P miniseries. But I don't think the prequel stories are popular enough to warrant animation.
Old 2011-01-04, 18:31   Link #458
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
It's been done it's called Mobile Fighter G Gundam.
Old 2011-01-04, 18:32   Link #459
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
It's been done it's called Mobile Fighter G Gundam.
but it doesn't have interdimension travel...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 18:33   Link #460
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
In the meantime I'll direct people to Divine's recollection of the movie over on RC.
Randomcuriosity lives? I thought that place shut down.