AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-03-25, 13:51   Link #81
Dr. Casey

We have to hear something soon. I mean, it's only nine days until the season begins. Maybe eight going by Japanese time.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 16:27   Link #82
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
We have to hear something soon. I mean, it's only nine days until the season begins. Maybe eight going by Japanese time.
Well, with Geneon shows, you usually know for sure about two or three weeks into the series when they solicit the DVDs/Blu-Rays. So we'll see. And, for what it's worth, the longer they wait to tell us, the more likely it is to be a longer show. Typically for your short 12-episode shows, the DVDs are solicited right away because they only have a narrow window of "hype". With longer shows, they can afford to wait a bit more.

Anyway, it may be a few weeks after the show starts airing, but we'll know about the length soon enough. It's not as if knowing about it can change anything.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 12:04   Link #83
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
The new trailer for the second season has clips that are clearly from the Hakuou Gakuin sports festival arc from the manga (volume 6), and (as readers will know) is a pretty good indication that they're probably planning on doing the whole Valentine's Day arc this is a run up to.

Which is good news for me, since that also hints that the OVA was indeed a flash forward and we'll get our "How Ayumu and Hinagiku became friends" plot thread in here at last.
VRMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 17:42   Link #84
Dr. Casey

A trailer? Woo, VRMN's the bearer of good news. Anything to make the wait for season two more tolerable.

I've heard the Valentine's Day arc is pretty bad and that most of the characters are out of character during it (Hinagiku being the worst offender), but how's the Hakuou Gakuin sports festival?
Old 2009-03-29, 11:45   Link #85
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I've heard the Valentine's Day arc is pretty bad and that most of the characters are out of character during it (Hinagiku being the worst offender), but how's the Hakuou Gakuin sports festival?
Whoever told you that is utterly clueless. The Valentine's Day arc is _the_ defining arc in the first 13 tankoubons. It's by far the most meaningful and far-reaching character development storyline, pretty much among the best this story has to offer.

And yes, the sports festival beginning is awesome news for Hina fans. Because not only it is very Hinagiku-centric, it can be seen as a necessary prerequisite for the Valentine's Day arc (since it downgrades "Hayate-kun" to "Ayasaki-kun"). If J.C.Staff has green light to finally animate the _serious_ manga parts, this is the best piece of news I've heard in a long while
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 15:18   Link #86
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

My hopes for season two

* More Hina
* More all the other girls
* less Nagi
* Better animation than the OVA
* ... More Hina
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 13:29   Link #87
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Since today is the 31st, HnG will be airing in 4 days time. Do want to look forward to it!

P.S I just realised that the abbreviation of this anime spells only one thing.....

Spoiler for xD:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 14:05   Link #88
Dr. Casey

Or... maybe it means...

Spoiler:

... actually, yours is probably more accurate, since Ment says that Hina's a central focus in both the Valentines Day arc and the sports festival. I like Nagi the best, though.

So by American time (Let's just say Central), season two begins early in the morning on April 4th, a bit before dawn?
Old 2009-03-30, 14:13   Link #89
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Or maybe, just maybe, it means...
Spoiler:

Well, all this about a lot of Hinagiku-focused arcs is good news to me.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 14:53   Link #90
VRMN
Dangoism

*votes for "abbreviations in English characters mean crap in Japanese"*

Not that I'm not glad to see that this season will likely have a lot more Hina in it. Just that the title means nothing.
Old 2009-04-01, 18:49   Link #91
Dr. Casey

So... April 4th, 1:23 AM... by Central time that would be... April 3rd, 11:23 AM? That's not so bad... I guess...

While we're all waiting, let's all wish VRMN a happy birthday. He was 21 just the other day.
Old 2009-04-01, 20:27   Link #92
cynicalicious
I like pie.

I wonder how they're going to handle the new season-- as if season 1 never happened, or what? Where are they going to pick things up from? Yikes.

Season 1 was amusing, in a "Just treat this as one big omake" sort of way. The animation was great, so was the art. The stories were mostly forgettable, though. (Reminds me of the many iterations of Negima as an anime... which were slightly amusing, but mostly forgettable.) They got my hopes up at first, thinking, "Oh, are they going to follow the manga?" then dashed them. Jerks.

I'm not so thrilled with the new studio's work, if the OVA is any indication of what they're going to do with season 2, animation-wise, but if they're going to actually animate the storylines from the manga, I'd be more interested in watching that and just bearing with sloppier animation and art. Then again, JC Staff isn't one of my favorite studios, either. They're usually decent, but they have lapses.

Ugh. Can I have a combo platter? Season 1's animation with the manga's actual plot? And KOTOKO singing the open? (Yes, I liked those. Cheesy as hell, but they fit.)
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 23:39   Link #93
neothe0ne

Please don't tell me we should expect this kind of art for the TV season....
Old 2009-04-02, 00:58   Link #94
Mentar
Banned

Do you want some cheese to go with that whine?

Seriously, the bawling about the art is already getting on my nerves. I can only suspect that it's an inherent character trait of anime viewers that is impossible to suppress. The screenshot listed by neothe0ne is a perfectly normal example of a SD frame which are commonplace in the manga AND former anime episodes by SynergySP aswell. And at least I have not forgotten (and much less forgiven) the butchery which SynergySP has applied to Hayate Season 1: The dumbing down to appeal to children, the insertion of random fillers, and the omission of all the really important arcs.
Old 2009-04-03, 15:22   Link #95
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I'm more bothered by the opening, since I liked the first two openings a lot. I'm not a big fan of the red/blue abstract background for Hinagiku and Ayumu, and the song wasn't enjoyable to listen to.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 17:27   Link #96
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

I started to post this in the music thread, but i started getting off topic so i'll post it here.

I'm really torn about this ending. On one hand i love Hinagiku to death. Any chance i get to see more of her is always great. HOWEVER, i do hate when anime creators go off the story to push a fan favorite character. I do admit i have not read the manga so maybe someone can PM me, but does Hina have a real shot and ending with Hayate at the end? and i don't mean your shipper endings i mean realistically. It seems the girl that Hayate is destined to end with is Nagi, but the story isnt entitled Nagi no Gotoku (or however it would work Nagi into the title)

Spoiler for D.N.Angel ending:
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 18:51   Link #97
Mentar
Banned

Well, since the storyline is still ongoing, whatever anybody writes here is as much of a guess as anyone's but the mangaka's...

Realistically, Nagi is and remains the default match with 90% probability, in my opinion. I wished it wasn't like this, but IMHO it is.

Out of all other contenders, I'd say that Hina probably has the best chance for an upset, as slim as it might be. Why? Because she is the female Hayate of the show. She has the same past. She's the one to turn to for help... and she has no logical reason "against" her. Finally, she's the undisputed fan favorite (that the mangaka is certainly aware of).

Still, I don't see it happen. Yet. As much as I'd love to...
Old 2009-04-03, 19:05   Link #98
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Eh, having an ED focused on her doesn't mean anything at all. I mean for all we know the next ending could be focused on Tama --- does that mean the season will end with them as a couple?
Old 2009-04-03, 19:22   Link #99
VRMN
Dangoism

From where they're starting, this season will probably have a lot of emphasis on Hinagiku and Ayumu. It makes sense for them to get some focus shone on them in the songs and it wouldn't shock me if Ayumu gets a theoretical second ED.

(Also, it wouldn't shock me if they change the ED on a regular basis for the various characters and Hina, being the most popular, gets to go first.)
Old 2009-04-03, 21:06   Link #100
Midonin
Last Engage

There is a version of the ED that has Hina singing with Ayumu, and one version with Yukiji, on the single. So it's likely those could be used in the show.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote