AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-12-20, 18:44   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Kishimoto's interview at Jump Festa 2010

It's time once again, time for Kishimoto to regale us with his many promises for future excitement that never seem to come to pass. That's right; it’s time for another Jump Festa interview.

Just to be clear, this is a manga thread, so spoiler tags are not required (as so long as you are talking about Naruto). Otherwise, standard rules of conduct and etiquette apply (be courteous, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Kishi gave his annual Jump Festa interview. So we'll probably need a thread.

[Manga] Kishimoto's interview at Jump Festa 2010

Quote:
Kishimoto answered a few questions during Naruto's panel at the Jump Festa. Unlike in previous years, the session was short and Kishimoto didn't reveal much.

Translation was done by takL at NF.

- Naruto's voice actor teased Kishi about his "Year of Kakash" comment at last year's Jump Festa.
- Kishi apologized and said Kakashi would play a much bigger role in 2011.
- Shikamaru and Choji(!) will play important and heroic parts in the war. (I guess the Fourth Division will get major spotlight.)
- Nothing on Naruto, Sasuke, or Sakura. Naruto's voice actor didn't even ask about him.
- Kishi explained the Kakashi part. He planned big things for him this year, but they will pass over to 2011.
- He has been planning a lot for the last year. (I guess he means the war.)
- Weird sequence. Naruto's voice actor says something about dreams coming true and Kishi that will be true with Choji. (Maybe there will be a better translation for this. Choji had dreams?)

I am sure the other characters will do something, since they are doing things now, but no one asked about them. Kishi seemed more interested in talking about Kakashi and Shikamaru. They most love their laid-back geniuses over there.

And if Kishi can make fans care about Choji, than I am declaring him a better mangaka than Oda.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 20:14   Link #2
tkdtiger

Go Choji : D
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 00:16   Link #3
Struggler

I believe that is Jump Festa 2011.

kakash, yay.
shikamaru nay.
Struggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 00:30   Link #4
Nobodyman9
Banned

"I promise, guys. This is really really REALLY gonna be the year of Kakashi! (and Shikamaru and Choji)"
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 00:38   Link #5
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
i hope a its a year of kakashi....pleading.....begging...its a year of kakshi like it was a year of sasuke.
Old 2010-12-21, 04:18   Link #6
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Huh. Sounds good. More emphasis on Chouji and Shikamaru but what about Ino?
LadyKikyo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 06:40   Link #7
Kallen4life

finally, Kakashi will be able to do SOMETHING .. hope it's epic

Shika's ok, I guess Choji too .. and yeah, Ino should get some as well
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 07:58   Link #8
Fran~
floating away...

Ahh... you d*mn troll

I don't believe anything from you... stop the lies and get back to work!....
Old 2010-12-21, 08:08   Link #9
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol. No one cares about Naruto...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 09:14   Link #10
Sasheks

- Kishi apologized and said Kakashi would play a much bigger role in 2011.

Heard that before.
Old 2010-12-21, 09:15   Link #11
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Quote:
And if Kishi can make fans care about Choji, than I am declaring him a better mangaka than Oda.
They would have cared if he had stayed dead.
Old 2010-12-21, 13:46   Link #12
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

I hope "The Year of Kakashi - The Second Chance" is more than just him beating Zabuza. Could a Kabuto or a real Sasuke fight be on his plate this year? The problem with those fights is that he will have to lose so Naruto can show up and win.

I do hope there is a lot of the Fourth Division. Shikamaru was a given to be important. Forget Asuma, I wonder if he could have a mental battle with Kabuto? That's why fans should never call the secondary characters fodder. Even though sometimes they are treated as such. Clearly people like Shikamaru and Gaara are not. I just hope Temari gets to be heroic with them too. Choji is surprising though. He doesn't have a large fanbase, so there will be negative reaction at first. But if Kishi can elevate him, then fans will likely change their opinions of Choji. Then he will be popular. Plus who doesn't want to see Butterfly Choji again? Choji being a big hero would be very cool.

The interview had a few more things, but they were about Kishimoto personally. He has worked through holidays, but soon he will be taking a vacation to Hawaii. He also likes sweets now. Particularly some green tea sweets. But he is too shy to go into places that sell sweets by himself and always takes his wife and kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I noticed that. The mangaka and his own seiyu didn't even bring him up. Either did the audience. I guess they expect him to continue training. I think this also might show that his new jutsu didn't exactly capture the imagination of the readers. It's just another variation of the rasengan. I remember other Jump Festa interviews where Naruto's new jutsu was eagerly discussed like the FRS.

Last edited by DeDe; 2010-12-21 at 14:00.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 14:12   Link #13
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I noticed that. The mangaka and his own seiyu didn't even bring him up. Either did the audience. I guess they expect him to continue training. I think this also might show that his new jutsu didn't exactly capture the imagination of the readers. It's just another variation of the rasengan. I remember other Jump Festa interviews where Naruto's new jutsu was eagerly discussed like the FRS.
Well, looking at what happened during the past year, Naruto himself didn't exactly do much. Or to be more accurate, what he did was pretty underwhelming and/or boring.

I mean, there was the aftermath of the Pain fight where he thought that becoming a punching bag would bring world peace, then there was when he groveled at the Raikage's feet, then there was the ''confession'', then there was his fainting when he realised that everyone was going to war against Sasuke, then there was him saying that he'd rather die than allow Sasuke to die, then there was him beating his dark side by hugging him, then he went to train again. Oh and he started acting stupider than usual near the end of the year.

Other than that, he didn't really do anything for a good chunk of the year. I guess Kushina telling him about the night the sealing happened sort of counts, but that was more of a flashback than him doing something. The year was defined by Sasuke trying to kill Danzo, The Kage meeting, the setup for the war, Guy beating Kisame, and Madara.

So I'm not surprised no one is really intrested in what's in store for him, since it's pretty obvious what we'll happen (the rematch against Sasuke) and everything else will be a rehash of things we'd already seen.
Old 2010-12-21, 15:36   Link #14
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Naruto was the focus for most of 2010. Sasuke ended his fight with Danzou in January 2010. Then we had the brief Team 7 reunion in Feb. After it was all Naruto. More prophecy stuff, heading to Gilligan's Island, island nonsense, Killer Bee interaction, Dark Naruto training, Kyuubi training, powerup, his origins, backstory on his parents, more training, being treated like a child by his babysitters, more training, powerup.

The only real break was Kisame vs Gai and Madara vs. Konan. So what should scare Kishimoto is that he has been focusing on Naruto for the past couple of years, but fans over there don't care. Either they find it boring like Arabesque said or they lost interest in what the main character is doing. You can argue that Naruto has really fallen since after the Pain fight, where once again, Kishi made Naruto lust over focus on Sasuke.

If Naruto were on the front-lines of the war, fans would probably be more into what he is doing.

I also wonder if Kishimoto is building Shikamaru up to be Hokage? Either Naruto dies at the end or declines becoming Hokage to travel the world like Jiraiya. Or takes up another position more in line with his growing Church. Pope of the Naruto World!
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 21:59   Link #15
Alchemist007
*Author

Chouji's dreams...more chips?
Old 2010-12-22, 00:21   Link #16
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Nah... the thin and handsome Chouji... the one with butterfly wings.

Spoiler for What would think Ino about him now?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
I also wonder if Kishimoto is building Shikamaru up to be Hokage? Either Naruto dies at the end or declines becoming Hokage to travel the world like Jiraiya. Or takes up another position more in line with his growing Church. Pope of the Naruto World!
I don't think so... Shikamaru said that he wants to be at Naruto's side, that he will be an important Ninja. Besides... in the second door for the next Hokage is Konohamaru. I can foresee a battle between Naruto and Konohamaru (in good terms) for the title, at least, i would love that. Konohamaru will be constructed like Sandaime, he will be an elite Ninja, with Enma as his summon and Hanabi as his girlfriend
Old 2010-12-22, 06:58   Link #17
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

kakashi kills kabuto, i called it. every since he gave him the slip at the hospital ive had a feeling kabuto will be killed by kakashi
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 08:00   Link #18
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Naw, Kakashi is the assassin of the group. I think Kabuto will be done in either by Sasuke or Shikamaru, first because he's Orochimaru-related, second because he's into mind games like Kabuto.
Quote:
More emphasis on Chouji and Shikamaru but what about Ino?
If Ino becomes a guy, she'll get emphasized too :P
Quote:
New chip flavours!
Quote:
- Nothing on Naruto, Sasuke, or Sakura. Naruto's voice actor didn't even ask about him.
I think the main cast shouldn't lose focus for a long time...but maybe nobody asked because they know exactly how things will go!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 11:37   Link #19
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Nah... the thin and handsome Chouji... the one with butterfly wings.
He wants to become Aizen?
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 11:46   Link #20
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
He wants to become Aizen?
Aizen got inspiration from Chouji... believe it!

Tags
interview