AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-06-20, 13:12   Link #31661
Heroslayer

Got a lot of reviews on FF.net so I was extra motivated. Finished this chapter pretty fast. Hopefully I didn't miss any mistakes or something.

Tell me what you think.

Spoiler for Lyrical Days Chapter Two:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:
Heroslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 13:23   Link #31662
GonzoTheAnimeFan
Meh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Red 1-40

Red 41

Red 42

Red 43

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Red 44:

Spoiler for comments:
*Faints dead away at the thought of a demonic Eins. As if A's wasn't enough...*
GonzoTheAnimeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 13:35   Link #31663
GonzoTheAnimeFan
Meh....

Here's another Nanoha-related fanfic that was the birthchild of a New Year's Eve party consisting of downing Red Bull and Jagermeister, Nanoha's Arf, and a Higurashi story arc.

Spoiler for The Link Contains Violence!:
Old 2011-06-20, 13:39   Link #31664
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Higurashi?

*imagines a Hinamizawa Syndrome infected Nanoha changing her energy blast from "non-lethal" to "lethal"*

xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 13:54   Link #31665
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroslayer View Post
Yuuno idly listened to the explanation that Shirou was giving to a confused Nanoha but his focus was on the second Raising Heart and the magic that Shirou just displayed. The possibilities of such a magic were endless even with the limitations that were imposed on it.
It's not something totally unfamiliar to Nanohaverse mages. Yuuno would more likely compare it to how they setup their devices and barrier jackets first. Do note that it's quite possible to cast a barrier jacket even without a device, using the same method to create a sword would duplicate the outward features of Shirou's ability.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 14:07   Link #31666
GonzoTheAnimeFan
Meh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Higurashi?

*imagines a Hinamizawa Syndrome infected Nanoha changing her energy blast from "non-lethal" to "lethal"*

xD
Actually, It's Arf who goes Higurashi...I'm afraid to give Nanoha the Hinamizawa Syndrome. *shutters at the thought of it!*
Old 2011-06-20, 14:08   Link #31667
Heroslayer

Quote:
It's not something totally unfamiliar to Nanohaverse mages. Yuuno would more likely compare it to how they setup their devices and barrier jackets first. Do note that it's quite possible to cast a barrier jacket even without a device, using the same method to create a sword would duplicate the outward features of Shirou's ability.
I always thought that they were simply stored and summoned the parts and barrier jacket. What Shirou is doing is completely creating new matter based on his own imagination. The movie and later seasons say that devices had set forms and such so I thought they had to be designed, created, and stored within the device.

Though my knowledge of Nanoha stuff isn't exactly that extensive. So if I'm wrong tell me.
Old 2011-06-20, 14:29   Link #31668
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
I always thought that they were simply stored and summoned the parts and barrier jacket. What Shirou is doing is completely creating new matter based on his own imagination. The movie and later seasons say that devices had set forms and such so I thought they had to be designed, created, and stored within the device.

Though my knowledge of Nanoha stuff isn't exactly that extensive. So if I'm wrong tell me.
*Twitches*

Do NOT base any knowledge of Nanoha out of the movie.

Nanoha, in Season 1, created both RH's design and her Barrier Jacket out of her imagination

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 14:33   Link #31669
Heroslayer

Quote:
*Twitches*

Do NOT base any knowledge of Nanoha out of the movie.

Nanoha, in Season 1, created both RH's design and her Barrier Jacket out of her imagination
But... don't the later seasons do the same thing as the movie?
Old 2011-06-20, 14:47   Link #31670
Jimmy C

Einhart, from the Vivid manga. When she first started fighting, she didn't use a device, and she had no problems forming a barrier jacket. And while everyone considers her talented, that ability is not seen as "impossible".
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 15:00   Link #31671
Heroslayer

Hmm, I still see it as a summoning rather than the pseudo creation that Shirou does.
Old 2011-06-20, 15:01   Link #31672
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
But... don't the later seasons do the same thing as the movie?
Anime Movies tends to be compilation or just add some background details and information about the anime series they represents.

Like Alicia's wish to have a younger sister was mentioned in a flashback in the movie rather than the anime itself. Or how the movie emphasizes Precia as a heartbroken mother who lost her most treasured daughter and can't seem to let go of it. Even having Fate still bothers her as significant as having a right dormant hand rather than left reminds her that Fate is not Alicia.

try visiting This Nanoha wikia. It can help you in the MGLN elements and character backgrounds.
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 15:30   Link #31673
Heroslayer

I get what you're saying and I did look up the Wiki for some information as well, but I never really found a definite part that says that the Device creates the Barrier Jacket.

It's a defensive spell that summons magical armor. It doesn't require a device to activate, but I already knew that magic could be done without a device. That armor constantly consumes magical energy to while active.

I do have to change Shirou's explanation of Gradation Air since objects don't need constant magical energy like I said, but I don't really see Barrier Jackets being similar to Projections.
Old 2011-06-20, 16:07   Link #31674
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, they're not the same, no. On a basic level they're similar (a mage could create a sword just as Shirou could) but Shirou can create not only the form of a weapon, but also it's inherit powers. That is something a regular mage cannot do. Even in Nasuverse everyone is staring at Shirou in disbelief whenever he pulls it off.

One could say that Shirou's ability is the Nanohaverse 'projection' kicked into overdrive.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 16:13   Link #31675
Heroslayer

I know that. Though Shirou's ability to Project like that hasn't exactly been, well, 'activated' just yet.

Whatever, as well educated as Yuuno is, he makes mistakes too. >_>

I'll probably have to edit that part and have him once again wonder how the hell Shirou is doing any magic with the low level of magic that he has or something like that. Or just wonder how Shirou's magic works at all.
Old 2011-06-20, 17:11   Link #31676
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Nice to see the franchise is still able to gather new fans xD
Nice to know there's more people willing to say they like Yuunoha in public
Old 2011-06-20, 17:42   Link #31677
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:

Well if you need a (very) quick read, we've just discussed it a few days back. See here (start from post 3150 till 3155)
Old 2011-06-20, 19:24   Link #31678
Heroslayer

Hmm, I see. But there is a mention that magic can create matter. Where did that come from?

Quote:
well it is established that magic can create matter, so that handwave makes enough sense.

Last edited by Heroslayer; 2011-06-20 at 19:55.
Old 2011-06-20, 20:43   Link #31679
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Red 1-40

Red 41

Red 42

Red 43

Red 44

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Red 45:

Spoiler for Comments:

Okay, so, now for something more serious.

The town I live in has a very bad flood situation going on.

Due to a late winter, heavy snowfall, record in fact, unrelenting rain during May and recent heavy rain in Canada, the river that's close to where I live is starting to over-flow.

Sadly, it looks like the river will crest in two days to levels that are higher than it's ever been in the history of this town.

We've got 650 (Air maybe?) National Guard members in town by tomorrow working around the clock to minimize the damage.

The flood situation's been really bad this last month, but the fact that I'm telling you this now is because I may have to evacuate my home for two weeks starting tomorrow. We don't know yet.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying like mad that the worst case scenario doesn't come to pass.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 20:55   Link #31680
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

OK, jokes(and rants) aside. Hope that things go well and you can return to your home safely so you can write, chat and argue another day, good luck Nanya, my best wishes and prays for the situation.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha