Spoiler for scene:
Spoiler for for lyfa fans:
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 05:48   Link #942
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Spoiler for for lyfa fans:
But they are cousins so isn't like "I only see as family or as a sister thing ".
Old 2012-07-10, 06:26   Link #943
tomtkp

Today is SAO Volume 10 release day and some Japanese readers have discovered a surprising news at the end of the volume.

Kawahara-sensei will start a new series of SAO called Sword Art Online: Progressive starting early fall this year.

Here's the Japanese short summary:
Quote:
特報!!川原礫&abecが贈る、個人サイト閲覧数650万PVオーバーを誇る伝説の小説、第 11弾!!
今度の「SAO」は、《アインクラッド》を一階層から描いていく《プログレッシブ》編!
『ソードアート・オンライン プログレッシブ1』は2012年初秋頃発売予定!!
The Progressive series will be pretty much the reboot of the Aincrad arc with much more detail. It is believed that Volume 1 will start from the first floor and the series will include contents from side stories "Aria of the Starless Night", "Rondo of the Transient Sword" etc.

However, that doesn't mean Alicization arc has ended. Alicization arc will continue on in Volume 11 of the main series.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:30   Link #944
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Reboot as in rewriting Kirito and Asuna's story with more detail? (since originally their story was just a webnovel after all) Or is it a parallel story focused on a new hero and heroine during the SAO incident?

Either, this is very interesting news for me. More interesting if it's a Kirito/Asuna story reboot of course. More gooey, delicious KiritoxAsuna is always welcome.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:32   Link #945
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Reboot as in rewriting Kirito and Asuna's sgtory with more detail? (since originally their story was juat a webnovel after all) Or is it focused on a new hero and heroine?

Either, this is very interesting news for me.
Yeah, it will be the rewriting of Kirito and Asuna's story. It is believed that Aria and Rondo will be the main part of the series.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:43   Link #946
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Yeah, it will be the rewriting of Kirito and Asuna's story. It is believed that Aria and Rondo will be the main part of the series.
GOODYGOODYGOODYGOODYGOODYGOODYGOODY!!!!!

I suppose it's too early to get an estimated release date on the reboot?
Old 2012-07-10, 06:51   Link #947
Adigard

Quote:
Fascinating... was thinking just the other day it'd be lovely if they could include or rewrite all the various character and timeline redactions into something vastly more cohesive... and hopefully reflecting a decade of writer growth.

But gave it up, because, really, how often does that happen?

Glad this franchise is getting the opportunity.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 07:11   Link #948
sky black swordman

This is great there maybe more info Laughing Coffin Raid and more on of his time in Black Cats of the Full Moon guild and Sachi.
But his wont chnage Sachi fate in the story.
Old 2012-07-10, 07:21   Link #949
Awrya
U mad?

Glad all the side stories are finally compiled and put in chronological order, after all there were a few inconsistencies with Vol. 1.
Any information on when it will be out?
Old 2012-07-10, 07:21   Link #950
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
The Progressive series will be pretty much the reboot of the Aincrad arc with much more detail. It is believed that Volume 1 will start from the first floor and the series will include contents from side stories "Aria of the Starless Night", "Rondo of the Transient Sword" etc.

However, that doesn't mean Alicization arc has ended. Alicization arc will continue on in Volume 11 of the main series.
I want to be happy about this news, but it's just not happening..

Will this be a reboot of just the Aincrad arc in more detail? I'm just hoping Kawahara doesn't decide to re-write the series altogether.

And does this means that Progressive will be the more canonical take on the Aincrad arc that pretty much replaces volumes 1-2/1-4? I wouldn't be surprised to see Kawahara create some stories that'd serve as a link between the various side stories, which would be pretty neat.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 07:25   Link #951
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
I want to be happy about this news, but it's just not happening..

Will this be a reboot of just the Aincrad arc in more detail? I'm just hoping Kawahara doesn't decide to re-write the series altogether.

And does this means that Progressive will be the more canonical take on the Aincrad arc that pretty much replaces volumes 1-2/1-4? I wouldn't be surprised to see Kawahara create some stories that'd serve as a link between the various side stories, which would be pretty neat.
I think it's just the reboot of Aincrad arc only. The story starting from Fairy Dance arc does not need rewriting.
Old 2012-07-10, 07:28   Link #952
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
I think it's just the reboot of Aincrad arc only. The story starting from Fairy Dance arc do not need rewriting.
It better be. ;p

Indeed. I was just covering myself when I said volumes 1-2/1-4.

If Kawahara already has the story more or less planned out, then this is great news for the anime.
Old 2012-07-10, 07:32   Link #953
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Good enough for me for just the aincrad arc.
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 08:12   Link #954
novalysis

Quote:
It better be. ;p

Indeed. I was just covering myself when I said volumes 1-2/1-4.

If Kawahara already has the story more or less planned out, then this is great news for the anime.
It might make sense.... the novelization of the anime. Or the anime of the upcoming revised edition of the Aincrad arc.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 08:13   Link #955
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
It might make sense.... the novelization of the anime. Or the anime of the upcoming revised edition of the Aincard arc.
I imagine some details will be left out, so let's go with the latter!
Old 2012-07-10, 08:18   Link #956
novalysis

Quote:
I imagine some details will be left out, so let's go with the latter!
Of course, if the anime took it's cue from the novels, then we'd see some things deliberately omitted from the anime, if only to get the newly converted to buy the novel.
Old 2012-07-10, 08:47   Link #957
maelstormCaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Of course, if the anime took it's cue from the novels, then we'd see some things deliberately omitted from the anime, if only to get the newly converted to buy the novel.
I don't mind stuff being omitted.
But I do mind if stuff being changed. Let's hope the anime will stay true to the novel. Especially the ending. There will be hell to pay if they make up their own ending!!
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 08:49   Link #958
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstormCaT View Post
But I do mind if stuff being changed. Let's hope the anime will stay true to the novel. Especially the ending. There will be hell to pay if they make up their own ending!!
Changing stuff can be fine.. as long as it's a well thought change that makes sense. Otherwise, I agree. I'm pretty sure the anime won't have an anime original ending. I mean, why would it?
Old 2012-07-10, 08:52   Link #959
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstormCaT View Post
They can't top the ending. No way- Anime Original would only happen if SAO covers two cours, Bombs, and ALO seems impossible. I'm speculating now that the bulk of volume 1 will be generally faithful (with adjusted dialogue to take into account the Side stories). But it would form the closing segment of the Aincrad arc, and might be chronologically expanded - since Three Weeks to marriage and undying love? No way the anime viewers are going to buy THAT.

This however, belongs to the speculation thread, so I'd stop here.
Old 2012-07-10, 11:04   Link #960
Bombo
TSF Fans

i just finished v1 should i ignore v2 "side stor" or read it?
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality