AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-22, 10:07   Link #301
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Oh, so THIS is a josei series!! Unless Paradise Kiss was one, this is my first josei series!
......even though I'm the exact target audience.
......kinda messed up.
But not a lot of josei gets animated, I think.....but it's probaby safe from Megami then. I didn't know it was josei. I was assuming it was seinen. Seriously, it's hard to tell, sometimes. XD

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-07-23 at 00:42. Reason: Quoted post removed.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 15:58   Link #302
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Another great ep. So they tackled bed wetting and death. Surprised to hear about Daikichi's mom. Wow so the maid is Rin's mom, at least he knows now. Nice to see Daikichi take more initiative and ask for less work. So I assume that was a new nursery school for Rin. Daikichi's sister was so funny.
Old 2011-07-22, 19:14   Link #303
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I initially thought they'd only do half the story, and if sales were fine, continue on with the other half in another 12 episode arc. The story lends itself to this quite nicely.

However, we're starting to see signs of cutting/compression of the story in this episode, which is something I didn't think they'd need to do if they were going to just do the first half of the manga. So, maybe they really do plan on zooming through it all in only 12 episodes? I certainly hope not, as I just don't see any possible way of doing so no matter how much excess you try to cut. :/

Anyone know where they are planning on ending, story-wise?
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 23:08   Link #304
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I strongly request all manga readers to direct their manga/adaptation discussions to the relevant thread in the manga section.

If I find any more such discussion in this thread, I will not hesitate to report the posts and to give out warnings in my personal capacity.

It is unpleasant, and I do not enjoy dishing out negreps. But I think it has become necessary for me to surface my extreme displeasure, as this thread appears to be too lightly moderated in terms of spoilers.

Before the offenders object, let me point out that they are being extremely inconsiderate in terms of what they let slip based on their knowledge of the story. As it were, I am already very unhappy to have had the story spoilt for me, with regard to the story's timeline. Please be reminded that, as far as AnimeSuki forum rules are concerned, you are not supposed to include manga spoilers in an anime thread, even if you use nth-nested spoiler tags.

Spoilers greatly detract from the enjoyment of anime-only viewers. I appreciate that manga readers are excited to find more people interested in a story they enjoyed, but if it is their wish to spread the love, then it is incumbent on them to exercise much more consideration, allowing new fans to enjoy the show and make their own discoveries at their own pace — the very same way manga readers got to enjoy the title in the first place.

Please do not take away someone else's enjoyment for the sake of satisfying your own ego. That is all I ask.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 23:53   Link #305
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Pace-wise i think it was better than expected.

And Rin playing Cat's Cradle reminds me of Nobita from Doraemon, anyway lets not venture into that topic.

The artwork is of course, unique as usual, and something about those young girls conversing make it seem like they don't have a care at all in the world, perhaps they will learn more about reality when they grow up. But enjoy while they can.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 12:27   Link #306
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Enjoyed episode 3 very much, and liked how they portrayed both Daikichi dealing with Rin's bedwetting and juggling his job - both show him adjusting his personal schedule and priorities to Rin a bit more and more, and it is presented in a very real and convincing (and effective of course!) way. Very heartwarming.
Old 2011-07-23, 16:35   Link #307
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Is the ending sequence changing slightly each episode? I'd go back to rewatch, but I have major problems with streaming video on our internet and skipping around on Crunchyroll just doesn't work - I have to watch all the way from the beginning to the end, just to see if that five second section of the ending animation is different. (For this reason, I normally avoid streaming from CR, but I'm trying to be good for a series I really want to support...)

For some reason, it seemed like the illustrated version of Rin at the end of episode 3 was different from before - she's wearing one of Kazumi's old outfits. And also, was the cat's cradle shown before at the end of the filtered part of the beginning of the ending animation? Or maybe I'm just noticing those because they were both featured in the episode.
keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 16:44   Link #308
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
Is the ending sequence changing slightly each episode? I'd go back to rewatch, but I have major problems with streaming video on our internet and skipping around on Crunchyroll just doesn't work - I have to watch all the way from the beginning to the end, just to see if that five second section of the ending animation is different. (For this reason, I normally avoid streaming from CR, but I'm trying to be good for a series I really want to support...)

For some reason, it seemed like the illustrated version of Rin at the end of episode 3 was different from before - she's wearing one of Kazumi's old outfits. And also, was the cat's cradle shown before at the end of the filtered part of the beginning of the ending animation? Or maybe I'm just noticing those because they were both featured in the episode.
There are indeed little tiny changes in each of the ED thus far - most notably the pic of Rin used seems to reflect a scene from the episode proper. Also at the beginning of the ED the content shown as the song begins and the viewer is "traveling" through the woods (or whatever it is) things show up on the screen that also seem to reflect the ep as well (like the cat's cradle image you mentioned). If I am not mistaken the time shown on the clock during the ED has changed each ep too.
Old 2011-07-23, 19:20   Link #309
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
There are indeed little tiny changes in each of the ED thus far - most notably the pic of Rin used seems to reflect a scene from the episode proper. Also at the beginning of the ED the content shown as the song begins and the viewer is "traveling" through the woods (or whatever it is) things show up on the screen that also seem to reflect the ep as well (like the cat's cradle image you mentioned). If I am not mistaken the time shown on the clock during the ED has changed each ep too.
Fantastic! Thanks for the confirmation. When I rewatch the first two episodes later, I'll have to pay more attention. I love the ending sequence anyway, with the stained-glass look.
keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 00:11   Link #310
KKensei
Lost Member

So far, the adaptation has been very good imo...Still kinda makes me sad that its an 11 episode series...
KKensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 16:49   Link #311
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I don't see how Rin is angsting at all; she's just not close to anyone at this point. And not to mention the way the others view her, it's only logical to act nervous. If I thought of melodrama, I'd think of constant tantrums and incessant crying. Rin may not reflect a typical child, but she clearly isn't one either, given her situation.
Yeah, I think they had been showing more restraint in the manipulation of emotions. It is "just right". The more extreme end of emotion manipulation would be Key in its more hamfisted moments (not like it diminish my opinion of my favorite from this company). In Usagi Drop, there is this kind of "pudeur" that is unusual in what I usually see. I have come to check this show mostly because of the "unusual" genealogy of the family, which I can relate to, having myself an uncle, from the khmer thai side of my family, who is an infant. And I have not regretted the three episodes I have watched. This is the first summer show for which I am eager for the next episode.

Quote:
She's just a kid that wants a parent. I hardly call that angst.

Yeah, unlike someone who cried for a purpose in life AT AGE 9.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 17:41   Link #312
Raiga
tl;dr

Started and caught up with this today. My heart is filled with warm and fuzzies. Like lint in freshly washed laundry.

... bad analogy.

Rin reminds me of when my sister was younger. Heck, she reminds me of when I was younger. She does genuinely act like a kid (though a real kid isn't that cute all the time :P ), which I like.
Old 2011-07-25, 00:32   Link #313
Belgaesh

The heartwarming series of the season. I'm so far loving it, how the characters feel all real and how the act in front of real live problems.

Rin is a lovely character, and Daikichi makes a great male lead. And how the look like father and daughter is so cute.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 04:05   Link #314
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Pinky Swear.

Rin’s fearful inquiry about death is unexpected for someone of her age, but she isn’t anymore a normal child of such an age. She
has seen and experienced things very few others of her age has, and her question to Daikichi is both expected and also more advanced than anyone her age. Daikichi’s answer isn’t clear in itself and perhaps only serves to placate Rin’s fears for the time being, but she accepts it anyway and finds some solace in it. Despite what she’s gone through, she’s still a kid, and there are still issues about death that she won’t fully comprehend as of now. Still it must have come as such a shocker for Daikichi who probably never expected such a question from a five year old kid, and maybe his own unclear answer mirrors the fact that he hasn’t thought about the issue much as well.

n any case, he’s trying his best for Rin and you can’t really fault someone who starts as a greenhorn. Every parent started blank, and had to learn as they go. It’s good that despite the struggles he has to face, Daikichi tries to face them with a distinct sense of responsibility and gusto. He has no time for second thoughts or regrets about his decision as he shuffles about trying to adjust his life to Rin’s needs. He’s making his sacrifices no matter how painful they may be. He comes home with a sorer back and exhausted legs, but he knows why he’s doing it an, most importantly, he wants to do it. Nobody forced him to take her in, he chose to do it himself. When we watch him playing with Rin and having fun at her side, we know beyond reasonable doubt that despite his own hardships, he’s enjoying his decision as well. He does his responsibilities gladly, without complaint or irritation, a quality one hardly sees in male leads these days.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 07:10   Link #315
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

That anime is slow and cute, just perfect for the afternoon.
I wonder why Rin hate her mom so much.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 07:32   Link #316
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
She remembered the maid being angry most of time. Me think that the woman was not ready for motherhood yet.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 08:37   Link #317
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
I wonder why Rin hate her mom so much.
kids are sensitive to anything an adult says and does - i picked it up almost immediately in the flashback scene (from ep 3) where the maid is vacuuming...rather harshly and violently. that sort of attitude hints at frustration and potentially anger which is enough reason to make any kid wary

great series - to be able to plug that in there in such a subtle way
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 10:42   Link #318
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I hadn't read the manga in quite some time, so I picked it back up. Forgot how ridiculously adorable Rin is. I guess I'll give the anime a shot, although I know it can't possible come close to the manga.
Old 2011-07-26, 11:04   Link #319
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
I hadn't read the manga in quite some time, so I picked it back up. Forgot how ridiculously adorable Rin is. I guess I'll give the anime a shot, although I know it can't possible come close to the manga.
get ur moe ready, its about to explode. rin in anime is ultra kawaii
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 00:14   Link #320
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

I love the show. Not much more I can add about that.

I will add that the full OP is wonderful in its own right.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
josei, noitamina, romance