AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 17:38   Link #901
Flere821
Lurker

Wow, I leave AS for two days and now we have these new subforums

I'm going to stay away from the anime thread for this one I think, despite occasionally going into the AW anime thread.

*resumes lurking*
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:43   Link #902
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Wow, I leave AS for two days and now we have these new subforums

I'm going to stay away from the anime thread for this one I think, despite occasionally going into the AW anime thread.

*resumes lurking*
Nooooo~

It won't be the same without people like you. xD

You're still planning on watching the SAO anime, yeah?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:45   Link #903
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Nooooo~

It won't be the same without people like you. xD

You're still planning on watching the SAO anime, yeah?
He said "anime thread" not the anime itself
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:47   Link #904
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
He said "anime thread" not the anime itself
Derp. Good point; comphrehension lessons, here I come!
Old 2012-07-07, 17:52   Link #905
Flere821
Lurker

Of course I'll be watching the anime I'm already itching for the subbers to get to it.

Unless this fraks up completely, eg if the 'death' aspect of SAO being trivialized or unnecessary romance stuff added to it (like what ruined Shana Season 2), I'll be following this anime.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:58   Link #906
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Of course I'll be watching the anime I'm already itching for the subbers to get to it.

Unless this fraks up completely, eg if the 'death' aspect of SAO being trivialized or unnecessary romance stuff added to it (like what ruined Shana Season 2), I'll be following this anime.
Tehehe.

The first episode was very faithful to the L/Ns, so I guess the death aspect should remain as is, and there should be no unnecessary romance stuff (at first, I got all hot and bothered by this part of your post, but after seeing the next part about Shana S2, yeah, let's hope they leave it as is).
Old 2012-07-07, 17:59   Link #907
Miraluka
Banned

Well, from what I heard, the staff has Idolm@ster's(part of) staff on it, and some of them are canonist that dislikes changing things from the original material. Add to the this series could become their flag series just like Index is for JC Staff. They can waste a chance like this by screwing up the series.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 18:03   Link #908
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Well, from what I heard, the staff has Idolm@ster's(part of) staff on it, and some of them are canonist that dislikes changing things from the original material. Add to the this series could become their flag series just like Index is for JC Staff. They can waste a chance like this by screwing up the series.
Oh, is that so? That's great for us. Canonist. That should totally become a thing.
Old 2012-07-07, 18:20   Link #909
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Well, I can't say I blame you; the concepts are very similar, they're by the same author, and AW's world is supposedly around 20 years ahead of SAO's world.

Hm. I guess it depends on which story was created first. I think it may've been SAO, but I'm not completely sure. But if it was, then yeah, you're most definitely right.
SAO came first, and inspired the creation of Accel World.
To be exact, it was the function introduced in Alicization that inspired Kawahara to make AW.

...and who knows, maybe Kuroyukihime's design/profile was inspired on Kirito and Asuna.
Old 2012-07-07, 18:43   Link #910
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
SAO came first, and inspired the creation of Accel World.
To be exact, it was the function introduced in Alicization that inspired Kawahara to make AW.

...and who knows, maybe Kuroyukihime's design/profile was inspired on Kirito and Asuna.
Thanks! I was wondering which came first.

Maybe indeed. I hadn't noticed the similarities until WIld Goose pointed them out. It's kind of neat, actually.
Old 2012-07-07, 20:17   Link #911
lansglenn

Was there any mention of the sense of touch being removed in-game? In the anime, one does not feel pain. Wouldn't this kind of interfere w/ chapter 16/16.5 vol1?
Old 2012-07-07, 20:20   Link #912
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansglenn View Post
Was there any mention of the sense of touch being removed in-game? In the anime, one does not feel pain. Wouldn't this kind of interfere w/ chapter 16/16.5 vol1?
If I remember correctly, there was an option that allowed people to engage in the pleasures of the flesh? I don't know about pain, though.. Maybe it's part of the package? ;p
Old 2012-07-07, 20:24   Link #913
gunzblitz

Quote:
If I remember correctly, there was an option that allowed people to engage in the pleasures of the flesh? I don't know about pain, though.. Maybe it's part of the package? ;p
Spoiler for spoiler:
gunzblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 20:26   Link #914
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunzblitz View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Yeah, that.

It could do anything for all we know.
Old 2012-07-07, 20:27   Link #915
lansglenn

Quote:
Ya, an option to turn ethics-mode off, aka pervy mode on.

It could be that the game disables pain but still enable other less violent senses of touch. However, if all sense of touch were disabled hmmmm..
Old 2012-07-07, 20:29   Link #916
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansglenn View Post
Ya, an option to turn ethics-mode off, aka pervy mode on.

It could be that the game disables pain but still enable other less violent senses of touch. However, if all sense of touch were disabled hmmmm..
Exactly. It was never fully explained, so we can only assume. Plus, it's not like it's important.. or is it? ;p
Old 2012-07-07, 20:31   Link #917
lansglenn

Quote:
Exactly. It was never fully explained, so we can only assume. Plus, it's not like it's important.. or is it? ;p
Well, you know certain activities wouldn't be as enjoyable =)

If AsunaxKirito can get past that kudos to them. It'd be a deal breaker for me
Old 2012-07-07, 20:50   Link #918
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Naw, SAO simply didn't enable the sensation of pain. As it directly interfaces with the user's brain signals, it certainly has the capability to do so(as seen in ALO which is a copy of SAO). In SAO they simply substituted pain with momentary sense of discomfort.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 21:00   Link #919
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Ethics code off: turns off the ethic code, and allows you to...well now....it doesnt actually do anything to pain sense.
I agree with kyp's theory of pain=>discomfort sub, but i think there HAS to be an element of pain.
the only real definition of pain i saw in the series was Kirito Vs Sugou where pain filter down to four and he got pinned with a great sword. then of course comes Heathcliff's PAIN FILTER 0 which cause RL nerve effects
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 21:02   Link #920
kyp275
Meh

not really a theory, as it was mentioned multiple times throughout the novel :P
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality