AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-04-30, 16:57   Link #1141
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Guess theres not a lot to discuss since there are only 6 novels out so far...nt even illustrations to speculate over...
Pretty much. If we have at least the summary would be another story.(well we have some summary now...still i'm sure that when we have summary on vol 6 the topic will gain speed.)
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 17:01   Link #1142
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Pretty much. If we have at least the summary would be another story.(well we have some summary now...still i'm sure that when we have summary on vol 6 the topic will gain speed.)
Yeah I am just waiting for Sylphics summaries and the translations at BT

Last edited by Richocet; 2012-04-30 at 17:45. Reason: oops spelt name wrong :p
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 17:44   Link #1143
Athena
The Power of One

Reminds me, been a long time since I saw Tom here.
Old 2012-04-30, 21:01   Link #1144
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by @GEMC View Post
thanks Sylphic, but I want to ask If you had read already the event kamito and his childhood friend meet and what kind of reaction claire and others show when they learn kamito grow up in being an assassin ?
Absolutely no reaction whatsoever. Claire and co just said you're here now as Kamito is our comrade. Whatever happened prior is irrelevant.

As for the summaries, I'm going to finish volume 5 tonight and get cracking on volume 6. With luck, maybe I can try and translate a chapter too. I've scanlated a ton of manga, but never done a book.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]

Last edited by Sylphic; 2012-05-01 at 01:36.
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 21:09   Link #1145
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Absolutely no reaction whatsoever. Claire and co just said you're here now as Kamito ad out comrade. Whatever happened prior is irrelevant.

As for the summaries, I'm going to finish volume 5 tonight and get cracking on volume 6. With luck, maybe I can try and translate a chapter too. I've scanlated a ton of manga, but never done a book.
Don't worry mate, we here will support you with your endeavors...and thnx in advance
Old 2012-05-01, 03:05   Link #1146
Soji

Quote:
Absolutely no reaction whatsoever. Claire and co just said you're here now as Kamito is our comrade. Whatever happened prior is irrelevant.

That's good. I was afraid they make some kind of drama from that one. Glad to see the girls say this.
Quote:
Don't worry mate, we here will support you with your endeavors...and thnx in advance
Agree with this. we appreciate that you make the summary, so don't worry and like Richocet say thank's in advance.
Old 2012-05-01, 05:02   Link #1147
mango909

i just read the ln up until 2.3 at BT and i wondered are there any spoilers for the other chapters of the volume?
if there are can you please send some link to it.
mango909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 05:06   Link #1148
Soji

mango909 @ The only spoiler I know are the one from this topic. So you can alway read all this topic (if you don't have already do this). Otherwise you just have to wait like us.
Old 2012-05-01, 11:31   Link #1149
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

More summaries here we go:

Chapter 6:
As Kamito passes out from the pain, he has a vision of Est. Est sadly informs him that she has no right to be his sword or anyone's sword. Kamito tries to grab her but she rejects him. She tells him that she has remembered her past and Kamito is presented with a vision of Est's past.

As long as Est can remember she was enshrined in a rock in a shrine hundreds of years. Far before any of the current kingdoms came into existence. For hundreds of years, not a single person could take Est out of her shrine, until one day, a girl who had no knowledge of Est or her history, managed to pull out the sword. Her name was Alesia Idoris (FML i hate romanization). Inexplicably, the sword spirit offered the girl a contract and she innocently accepted. The sword spirit was no ordinary spirit. She had no emotions for she was nothing more than a relic of a war far far in the past. The sword's name was Terminus Est, but the girl named her Est. The sword was reluctant, but the girl stifled any opposition with many rubs on the head.

Unfortunately for the girl, word that she had contracted the legendary word spirit had spread far and wide and before long she was regarded as the people's savior, the Sacred Queen. She traveled the world settling disturbances and sometimes defeating spirits who were causing problems. Sadly, at the time the continent was under threat by the evil demon king. Army after army had been assembled to defeat the demon king but to no avail. And thus, the girl shouldered the hopes of everyone on the continent as she threw herself onto the bloody battlefield. The demon slayer, as Est would come to be known many generations later, could do nothing but watch as the tragedy unfold.

Suddenly, Kamito wakes up with Fiana and Reiha looking over him. They confirm the successful destruction of the dark seal. Kamito looks at his spirit seal, but sadly there is no response. Est is still not back. He tells Fiana and Reiha what he saw while he was unconscious. Reiha is worn out from the ritual, so Fiana and Kamito bid her farewell, and she tells them that she will be cheering for them privately as they leave.

Meanwhile, Claire is having troubles figuring out what strategy to adopt now that Kamito is out of the picture without Est. The problem is Fiana and how she requires defending because of her lack of combat ability. She also worries about the strength of the other teams particularly Dragonia as she saw Leonara's strength first hand on the cruise to the island. Especially since the rankings of the strength of her team are rather poor.

Leonara = AAA
Ellis = AA
Claire = AA
Rinslet = A
Fiana = D

Ellis's sister = AAA
Greyworth = SS
Leonara with dragon's blood active = S

Claire is overjoyed to have them back, but she is extremely sympathetic to Kamito's disappointment at Est having not returned.

Elsewhere, the fake Ren Ashbell is discussing her plans with her followers. They are disappointed that Kamito had the dark seal removed, but satisfied that Kamito's gate is now properly open. They catch Leonara eavesdropping and Ren Ashbell manages to strike her down and plant a different kind of seal on her easily.

As Kamito heads to bed, he has another vision of Est. He sees her with her knees tucked muttering to herself that she has no right to be anyone's sword. He sees her memories again. Through many bloody battles and betrayals, the girl, Alesia, was triumphed. However, the only one to stay by her side was Est. With a smile as innocent as the one she wore when she was still a shepherd girl she asks, "Est, when we finally defeat the Demon Lord, would you..." But Est can no longer remember what it was that she said that day...

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 11:49   Link #1150
XFire
150% done

Quote:
More summaries here we go:

Chapter 6:
As Kamito passes out from the pain, he has a vision of Est. Est sadly informs him that she has no right to be his sword or anyone's sword. Kamito tries to grab her but she rejects him. She tells him that she has remembered her past and Kamito is presented with a vision of Est's past.

As long as Est can remember she was enshrined in a rock in a shrine hundreds of years. Far before any of the current kingdoms came into existence. For hundreds of years, not a single person could take Est out of her shrine, until one day, a girl who had no knowledge of Est or her history, managed to pull out the sword. Her name was Alesia Idoris (FML i hate romanization). Inexplicably, the sword spirit offered the girl a contract and she innocently accepted. The sword spirit was no ordinary spirit. She had no emotions for she was nothing more than a relic of a war far far in the past. The sword's name was Terminus Est, but the girl named her Est. The sword was reluctant, but the girl stifled any opposition with many rubs on the head.

Unfortunately for the girl, word that she had contracted the legendary word spirit had spread far and wide and before long she was regarded as the people's savior, the Sacred Queen. She traveled the world settling disturbances and sometimes defeating spirits who were causing problems. Sadly, at the time the continent was under threat by the evil demon king. Army after army had been assembled to defeat the demon king but to no avail. And thus, the girl shouldered the hopes of everyone on the continent as she threw herself onto the bloody battlefield. The demon slayer, as Est would come to be known many generations later, could do nothing but watch as the tragedy unfold.

Suddenly, Kamito wakes up with Fiana and Reiha looking over him. They confirm the successful destruction of the dark seal. Kamito looks at his spirit seal, but sadly there is no response. Est is still not back. He tells Fiana and Reiha what he saw while he was unconscious. Reiha is worn out from the ritual, so Fiana and Kamito bid her farewell, and she tells them that she will be cheering for them privately as they leave.

Meanwhile, Claire is having troubles figuring out what strategy to adopt now that Kamito is out of the picture without Est. The problem is Fiana and how she requires defending because of her lack of combat ability. She also worries about the strength of the other teams particularly Dragonia as she saw Leonara's strength first hand on the cruise to the island. Especially since the rankings of the strength of her team are rather poor.

Leonara = AAA
Ellis = AA
Claire = AA
Rinslet = A
Fiana = D

Ellis's sister = AAA
Greyworth = SS
Leonara with dragon's blood active = S

Claire is overjoyed to have them back, but she is extremely sympathetic to Kamito's disappointment at Est having not returned.

Elsewhere, the fake Ren Ashbell is discussing her plans with her followers. They are disappointed that Kamito had the dark seal removed, but satisfied that Kamito's gate is now properly open. They catch Leonara eavesdropping and Ren Ashbell manages to strike her down and plant a different kind of seal on her easily.

As Kamito heads to bed, he has another vision of Est. He sees her with her knees tucked muttering to herself that she has no right to be anyone's sword. He sees her memories again. Through many bloody battles and betrayals, the girl, Alesia, was triumphed. However, the only one to stay by her side was Est. With a smile as innocent as the one she wore when she was still a shepherd girl she asks, "Est, when we finally defeat the Demon Lord, would you..." But Est can no longer remember what it was that she said that day...
....can I cry for Est now?
Old 2012-05-01, 12:28   Link #1151
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Thnx for the summary...est has such a tragic past but I'm wondering more about how they can easily put seals on others
Old 2012-05-01, 12:35   Link #1152
Soji

Quote:
Thnx for the summary...est has such a tragic past but I'm wondering more about how they can easily put seals on others
From what we know both Est and Restia have this. That's why I hope Kamito gain Restia back and keep both of them

Anyway thanks for the summary Sylphic
Old 2012-05-01, 12:57   Link #1153
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
....can I cry for Est now?
with great power comes great responsibility!!

oh wait.. this isnt spiderman is it..
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 13:00   Link #1154
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
with great power comes great responsibility!!

oh wait.. this isnt spiderman is it..
For some reason everyone forgets the rest of that:

With great knowledge comes great despair,

With great kindness comes great pain,

With great hope comes great sacrifice.

In other words, don't be great or the world gets jealous and f***s you up the @$$.
Old 2012-05-01, 17:02   Link #1155
Athena
The Power of One

I wonder when will we get a Rinslet-centered volume...
Old 2012-05-02, 08:58   Link #1156
Richocet
Lover of Purity

vol2 updated
lol Fianna is such a troll, she makes me laugh with the way she interacts with Claire
Can't wait till she meets Ellis though
Old 2012-05-02, 12:42   Link #1157
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
vol2 updated
lol Fianna is such a troll, she makes me laugh with the way she interacts with Claire
Can't wait till she meets Ellis though
ahahahahaha....

she doesnt have the skill to back it tho... lolol...
her only offense is:
“Hey, listen, the truth is that Ren Ashbell’s true identity—“

so she's all talk and no show.

And dude whats up with the novels lately about girls who cant cook?
ahahahaha i guess its a trend lately that asian girls cant cook. which is partally true seeing how less then 10% of my female friends have no clue on how to cook minus ordering from a menu.

And good lord... fiana + clare => something straight off a doujin... lolol..

EDIT... Because endarion deleted i now have a double post. :\

That is terminus Est.

its a fictional sword used by a torturer... lolol..
it says its key element was decapitation, and how well it could cut.

Last edited by aigomorla; 2012-05-02 at 13:48.
Old 2012-05-02, 13:28   Link #1158
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post

That is terminus Est.

its a fictional sword used by a torturer... lolol..
it says its key element was decapitation, and how well it could cut.
Somehow I'm getting C^3 vibes from this...
Old 2012-05-02, 13:37   Link #1159
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Somehow I'm getting C^3 vibes from this...
that would be muramasa...

lolol...

you know whats funny.
The japanese katana... despite being one of the "younger" swords, compared to the claymore and bastard sword.. it sure has a lot of popularity for not having 1 "divine" class Excalibur league sword. :P
Old 2012-05-03, 04:15   Link #1160
All Fiction

Vol. 7 cover:

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap