Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-12-16, 07:18   Link #3301
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

There were some laws regulating ownership by foreign entity/individual pre-WW2, but it was not being practiced after the War.
However, due to concerns of Chinese purchases of Japanese lands, the law is starting to be discussed again.
The law isn't usable in it original form as it was an imperial military law that could seize foreign owned Japanese lands, but since that governing body no longer exist..
Hmm...so do you know of anyone purchasing aparments or homes in Japan to rent out?

I might do that in future once I have enough cash...
Old 2013-12-16, 07:34   Link #3302
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Hmm...so do you know of anyone purchasing aparments or homes in Japan to rent out?

I might do that in future once I have enough cash...
Stop stealing my ideas.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 08:21   Link #3303
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Stop stealing my ideas.
no leh...yours is a restaurant...mine is a housing investment

Can also use as my retreat whenever I drop by Japan
Old 2013-12-16, 08:55   Link #3304
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
no leh...yours is a restaurant...mine is a housing investment

Can also use as my retreat whenever I drop by Japan
I also plan to open an all girls' elementary school and name it Tenryuu School for Gifted Maidens.

So get off my turf.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-12-16, 09:46   Link #3305
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I also plan to open an all girls' elementary school and name it Tenryuu School for Gifted Maidens.

So get off my turf.
You share your patch of depravity with only yourself <__<
Old 2013-12-24, 09:49   Link #3306
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Bloomberg TV Asks "Is Anime Japan's Most Influential Export?"
Old 2013-12-24, 14:10   Link #3307
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Influential Exports? Anime? They have forgotten cheap wrist watches, affordable cars, electronics and robotics, even game consoles and so many more products on which global economy depends. I can not forget the disruption in production lines after the Tōhoku earthquake.

As for the opinions stated on distribution, the only difference between now and the '80s is that VHS is replaced by Flash. The same mistakes that were done then (and considered good ideas at the time) are repeated now. As long as they relay on central distribution to small time retailers and clients, the freedom and profits of producers as well as the quantity and quality reaching the consumers will be unsustainable by those intervening leeches.
Old 2013-12-25, 05:50   Link #3308
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I'm pretty sure automobile is still our biggest and most influential export. As always.
Old 2013-12-25, 07:30   Link #3309
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
I'm pretty sure automobile is still our biggest and most influential export. As always.
wii, playstation, and wrist watches... culturally

electronics and robotics... industrially

EDIT: As I wrote already, that video is typical Bloomberg irrelevant nonsense that are bankrupting Japan twice per year along their other wrong forecasts
Old 2013-12-25, 19:53   Link #3310
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I never understood the cultural appeal of wrist watches that cost 20K....

Mainly because no one who buys it actually understands or appreciates their mechanical complexity..
Old 2013-12-25, 20:41   Link #3311
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
I never understood the cultural appeal of wrist watches that cost 20K....

Mainly because no one who buys it actually understands or appreciates their mechanical complexity..
But you should understand the cultural change that $20 wrist watches brought in the '80s
Old 2013-12-25, 21:37   Link #3312
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Not in China. GM of all people beat all competitors. Seriously. General Motor and Ford pretty much eat everybody for breakfast.
Old 2013-12-27, 00:00   Link #3313
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
But you should understand the cultural change that $20 wrist watches brought in the '80s
Meh...normally the people I see who go gaga over Seiko wristwatches are those who go for the >10K type....
Old 2013-12-27, 00:04   Link #3314
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Meh...normally the people I see who go gaga over Seiko wristwatches are those who go for the >10K type....
Actually .. the people that go for >10K wristwatches go for, in usually this order, Rolex, Omega, Cartier .. Seiko watches are luxury watches for those that aren't in the top tier league. It's like a luxury piece you wear every day but depreciates .. and a "timeless item" that you only wear once every week or two -- but you'll keep for your whole life and may increase in value. Someone gave me this lecture recently..
Old 2013-12-27, 06:19   Link #3315
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Alright I am in Japan right now, and I just realised that the girls put on makeup even when they are going to school.

And damn; they are REALLY pretty when they dress up. It is like pretty girls are a commodity there. I just left Shibuya and I realised that cute girl at a lolicious height just has to wear thigh-highs with heels or heeled boots to make themselves look taller so she looks like a bishoujo with makeup.

It is like looking pretty is a girl's culture there. I am in heaven.

Old 2013-12-27, 06:31   Link #3316
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Alright I am in Japan right now, and I just realised that the girls put on makeup even when they are going to school.

And damn; they are REALLY pretty when they dress up. It is like pretty girls are a commodity there. I just left Shibuya and I realised that cute girl at a lolicious height just has to wear thigh-highs with heels or heeled boots to make themselves look taller so she looks like a bishoujo with makeup.

It's the same in Taiwan too...or most north-east Asian countries. Like I said, you simply live in a place where the majority has negative dress sense
Old 2013-12-27, 14:38   Link #3317
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:

Haha, congrats, so you actually went and visited! Go check out Shibuya 109 if you want to see some Kogal & Hime-sama style girls -- I was actually much less impressed for the same reason you are impressed.

Basically, without the make-up, they all just look average -- it's no Iceland:
http://www.guidetoiceland.is/about-i...eing-icelandic
Old 2013-12-27, 22:27   Link #3318
Kirarakim

Maybe it is different from a woman's perspective but I didn't notice more girls that wear make up there. I did notice a few who put way too much on. But there were plenty of pretty women not wearing make up.

Now I do notice Japanese women & men dress up more than the US but then I felt that was the same in Europe as well.
Old 2013-12-27, 23:30   Link #3319
AmeNoJaku

Well if he was in Harajuku, Roppongi and Kabukichou it wouldn't be surprising to make such observations.
Old 2013-12-28, 05:06   Link #3320
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Haha, congrats, so you actually went and visited! Go check out Shibuya 109 if you want to see some Kogal & Hime-sama style girls -- I was actually much less impressed for the same reason you are impressed.

Basically, without the make-up, they all just look average -- it's no Iceland:
http://www.guidetoiceland.is/about-i...eing-icelandic
If it wasn't for the spoilsport accompanying me on the trip I would have gotten better views to savour

Also, is it a culture to praise the girls? I was at a grillhouse in Iga just now and one of the aitresses was really cute with her haircut and makeup (hime-cut with two fringes and a round face) and was thinking if saying "Anata wa utsukushii desu" to her but we had to rush for the station.

Tags
culture, discussion, japan, japanese culture