AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-25, 03:56   Link #1
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

[Manga] Oda Interviews December 2007 (Jump Festa 2008 and Manganohi.jp)

Source: Arlong Park Forums

Jump Festa 2008 Part:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg
Oda wrote Franky with his VA's voice in mind because of his hentai character which he says all three of his characters in OP have been.

Oda again mentioned that yes, the connection to Brook was in his mind 8 years ago. He actually went into more detail in the interview I translated.

Oda was hesistant to talk about future plans, "Because you guys will get angry at me again.", referencing that famous incident. HOWEVER, he did say everyone there watching (who unlike you guys hasn't read 483) said that while Moria was defeated, we shouldn't forget about another Shichibukai who was on the island and everyone gasped. I'm guessing you guys already know this.

BUT! At the very end, his last words were, "Within one year I have a massive surprise planned. But I could be wrong (about timing) and might regret it so I won't say anymore."
Manganohi.jp Part:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleFranky & Greg
Q:As a reader, lately the underlying meaning in the laying out of the Laboon story became quite clear. I thought you had established much of it in minute detail....

Well now that, consequently, was something I kept under wraps for a looong time. (laughs) Of course, at the time I first drew the Laboon story, I knew there was going to be a 'skeleton musician' appearing, I just didn't have a design for it or know when I was going to unveil it. I really felt like bringing him out sooner but the story just kept getting longer and longer before I knew it and I was finally able to reveal him. That's all.

Q:Speaking of which, how much longer do you think it will be until the conclusion?

That's just too much to think about so that's a question I wish you didn't ask but. Hmmmm, I'd like to think it's gone about half-way. .....Nah, let's just stop thinking about that now.
Also, if you want to watch videos from the event, you can check Greg's videos on Youtube.

(Thanks to the reminder made by Hunter's post in Naruto forums)
Old 2007-12-25, 04:01   Link #2
itis

Quote:
referencing that famous incident
What's the famous incident?
Old 2007-12-25, 04:07   Link #3
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by itis View Post
What's the famous incident?
Here is the reply from the same thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ligeia at AP
During the 2002 JUMP Festa, apparently right before leaving the stage, Oda said a crewmember would die. The manga was in Skypeia at the time and obviously, that event didn't happen until just recently, so at the following year's Festa (2003) Oda had to apologize because he hadn't gotten to it yet.
Old 2007-12-25, 04:44   Link #4
itis

Quote:
The manga was in Skypeia at the time and obviously, that event didn't happen until just recently.
When has a crew member die in OP?
Old 2007-12-25, 05:30   Link #5
Fyria

Going Merry died, well it was hinted to happen since they entered Grand Line, she took quite damage during trip.

Well if you watch episode 312 you will surely admit that Going merry was living member of Strawhats.

Also I look for next year of One piece I believe many things will change and world of One piece will go through lot of global changes.
Old 2007-12-26, 02:56   Link #6
gencbiba

The manga and the anime is just getting even more interesting. Shame they had to add fillers to the anime but I can't wait till the recent arc is animated.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Closed Thread