Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-02-05, 11:34   Link #681
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Whatever the case, we need more titles of the franchise to take on a grim dark atmosphere ala Zeta and Victory where the death rates is higher than usual and characters actually stay dead with no cop out of a happy ending.

Case in point, remember how well recieved OO season 1 was ? I'm all for using Crossbone Steel Of Seven as a template.
I wouldn't call Crossbone Steel of Seven "grim dark" though... Its got a sad ending, but "grim dark" is more than just people dying, its the atmosphere and mood of the show.

Seed had plenty of people dying in the end too, but no one would call it grim dark. Same with 00 Season 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuroray View Post
And there are no good and bad sides in those as well.Just two sides fighting for what they believe.
You can't really apply MSG, Zeta or Victory to that. Tomino's Gundam shows are actually very black and white, with a clear "good" side and a clear "evil" side. Sure there are good soldiers on each side, but he makes it pretty clear which side in the war is morally justified.

In fact, the AUs tend to do a lot better in showing wars where its questionable which of the sides are "good". To date, people are still fiercely arguing over who're the good guys and who're the bad guys in Gundam Seed Destiny.

Last edited by brightman; 2011-02-05 at 12:43. Reason: grammar
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 11:50   Link #682
GAT-X207

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Here's another domain that was created almost a year ago but was renewed three days ago, also under that Whois Privacy Protection thing in Japan:

http://whois.domaintools.com/gundam-tuhan.net

Could mean absolutely nothing since I'd think anyone can use that privacy service... But why would any random folk want to prevent whois lookups for a seemingly meaningless URL for a site that doesn't even exist yet?
After a quick search on wiki ''tuhan'' seem to mean ''god'' in Indonesian (correct me if I'm wrong).
I don't really like where this is heading, but as Brightman said it could mean nothing.
Old 2011-02-05, 11:59   Link #683
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAT-X207 View Post
After a quick search on wiki ''tuhan'' seem to mean ''god'' in Indonesian (correct me if I'm wrong).
I don't really like where this is heading, but as Brightman said it could mean nothing.
It may just be a codename, like 00 was originally going to be. But yeah, it's somewhat worrying...
Old 2011-02-05, 12:11   Link #684
monster

Well, at least there's already a precedent with God Gundam in G.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 12:14   Link #685
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
It may just be a codename, like 00 was originally going to be. But yeah, it's somewhat worrying...
Well, out of the two, I would have to say I prefer crossbone-gundam.net to be true more than this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Well, at least there's already a precedent with God Gundam in G.
Yup, and many of the Celestial Being Gundams are named after gods and angelic figures from various cultures too.
Old 2011-02-05, 12:16   Link #686
GAT-X207

I guess that's true.

Last edited by GAT-X207; 2011-02-05 at 12:27.
GAT-X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 14:15   Link #687
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Exactly.In the UC era the ending actually werent all fairy tale endings where all the charcaters survive and it was aimed at mature audiences.
I'd say a good number of UC series had fairy tail endings.
Old 2011-02-05, 15:04   Link #688
Amuroray
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I'd say a good number of UC series had fairy tail endings.
Mobile Suit Gundam- Not really in a sense as most of the world population are dead,chars still alive etc but still pretty happy ending.
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam-Hell no.Sad ending.Neo zeon has free chance to take over.Kamille is finished.
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ- Yep.But awful series overall.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack- sad.
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket-Sad
Mobile Suit Gundam F91- sad.
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory-mixed
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam-Very sad.
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team-happy.

In all of the above series some of the main characters die or have bad fates(Losing out on a girl,blindness etc).In every episode there was a fear something bad could happen to the main character.

Every AU+ The cosmic error had happy endings.Plus barely of the main characters die.You knew the main characters were safe etc.
Amuroray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 15:13   Link #689
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

^ You D-clack?
Old 2011-02-05, 15:13   Link #690
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He's far too coherent to be D-KLAC. C'mon, at least give him some credit.
Old 2011-02-05, 15:21   Link #691
kaito-kid

True, But the writing style is smiler..
Old 2011-02-05, 15:25   Link #692
Vsin
Aldracity

Quote:
Mobile Suit Gundam- Not really in a sense as most of the world population are dead,chars still alive etc but still pretty happy ending.
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam-Hell no.Sad ending.Neo zeon has free chance to take over.Kamille is finished.
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ- Yep.But awful series overall.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack- sad.
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket-Sad
Mobile Suit Gundam F91- sad.
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory-mixed
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam-Very sad.
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team-happy.

In all of the above series some of the main characters die or have bad fates(Losing out on a girl,blindness etc).In every episode there was a fear something bad could happen to the main character.

Every AU+ The cosmic error had happy endings.Plus barely of the main characters die.You knew the main characters were safe etc.
MSG: Seems pretty fairy tale considering how everything just blew up, yet somehow Amuro floats his way over to a shuttle loaded with EVERYONE from White Base.
Zeta: Obviously not fairy tail, unless we consider A New Translation canon for some reason :P
ZZ: Fairy tail, and you say so too.
CCA: Ummm...green pixie dust pushes back giant rock and saves humanity from near-extinction? Sure Amuro goes MIA, but really?
0080: Yeah, defs sad.
F91: Seabrook uses Newtype hyjinks and gets together with Cecily.
0083: Ehhh, I'd go for fairy tale here. Gato chooses to go out with a bang, and Kou still gets his girl.
Victory: Oddly, despite the ridiculous death count, I'd consider this to be a fairy tale ending. Really, it's more like "everybody but us died, and we all lived happily ever after".
08 MS: Yep, also happy.
Turn A: How dare you not mention it! Fairy tale by a long shot...except for maybe Sochie.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 15:40   Link #693
GAT-X207

Quote:
And you know, having a good ending isn't suppose to be a bad thing. Even though an anime based on war isn't suppose to resemble a fairy tail either, but I don't think any gundam series can be considered a kid storie. Almost every freaking little globe of light you see during battle is someone dying you know even if the storie don't focus on it.

P.S. would you mind to stop insulting other series ?
Old 2011-02-05, 15:42   Link #694
Amuroray
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
MSG: Seems pretty fairy tale considering how everything just blew up, yet somehow Amuro floats his way over to a shuttle loaded with EVERYONE from White Base.
Zeta: Obviously not fairy tail, unless we consider A New Translation canon for some reason :P
ZZ: Fairy tail, and you say so too.
CCA: Ummm...green pixie dust pushes back giant rock and saves humanity from near-extinction? Sure Amuro goes MIA, but really?
0080: Yeah, defs sad.
F91: Seabrook uses Newtype hyjinks and gets together with Cecily.
0083: Ehhh, I'd go for fairy tale here. Gato chooses to go out with a bang, and Kou still gets his girl.
Victory: Oddly, despite the ridiculous death count, I'd consider this to be a fairy tale ending. Really, it's more like "everybody but us died, and we all lived happily ever after".
08 MS: Yep, also happy.
Turn A: How dare you not mention it! Fairy tale by a long shot...except for maybe Sochie.
What an awful post, mate.Did you even watch the series,i mean seriously com on.

BTW what is D-KLACK?
Old 2011-02-05, 15:47   Link #695
Amuroray
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAT-X207 View Post
And you know, having a good ending isn't suppose to be a bad thing. Even though an anime based on war isn't suppose to resemble a fairy tail either, but I don't think any gundam series can be considered a kid storie. Almost every freaking little globe of light you see during battle is someone dying you know even if the storie don't focus on it.

P.S. would you mind to stop insulting other series ?
The last time I cheaked,war has never had a happy ending.

Its not realistic for a character to go through much blood shed and still be fine and have a happy ending.

There are no happy endings in war.
Old 2011-02-05, 15:52   Link #696
GAT-X207

Quote:

Its not realistic for a character to go through much blood shed and still be fine and have a happy ending.

There are no happy endings in war.
Yeah that's right, but in fictional stories there is... and that's far from a bad thing.

However, I guess it's ok to have bad ending from time to time, though they alway leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 2011-02-05, 16:02   Link #697
kaito-kid

Quote:
However, I guess it's ok to have bad ending from time to time, though they alway leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Most people don't like bad endings.
And having a bad ending for the sake of a having bad ending is just retarded.

Quote:
BTW what is D-KLACK?
A member of this forum who is famous for being on a lot of peoples ignore list..
Old 2011-02-05, 16:07   Link #698
GAT-X207

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Most people don't like bad endings.
And having a bad ending for the sake of a having bad ending is just retarded.

A member of this forum who is famous for being one a lot of peoples ignore list..
Yeah, but when you want to pass a message it's better if it shock people a bit. And that's what the older Gundams did.
Old 2011-02-05, 16:07   Link #699
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
Humanity wouldn't be extinct and I was somewhat routing (if that's the word) for Char.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 16:18   Link #700
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
It seems generalizing things is all you can do.

There are people who profit off and get rich from war, there are people who get lucky in battle and end up home without any trouble, there are people who sits in the HQ and command and don't get to see a single drop of blood, and still wind up with the promotion afterwards. Those are all happy endings for those specific individuals.

Sure, plenty of others may die, but plenty of people died in Gundam Wing too, we just don't care about them.