Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-28, 12:08   Link #101
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
And...Hinamori can't "go heal Matsumoto". Did you see the SIZE of Allon's fist, TO HER STOMACH?
She blocked some of the impact with her Zanpakutou. But yes, we still can't discount the possibilities of serious injuries. It would be a strange oversight if SS had only sent healers to Hueco Mundo (Unohana, Hantarou and Isane) and left none to heal the casualties at fake Karakura. We might see some lesser known members of the 4th squad appear soon.

We had a deabte about how retarded it was for the 3 fraccion to cripple themselves to summon a single fighter. The strategy was effective in taking out Matsumoto and Hinamori, but it suggests Allon is way stronger than his summoners combined. And that's a tad plot-kai-ish in of itself.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-11-28 at 13:30.
Old 2008-11-28, 12:22   Link #102
NyxOne

In regards to Allon being stronger than all three of Halibel's Fraccion, I...to be honest...really don't care. The chimera's got me excited in Bleach again, has dealt an incredible amount of punishment to two VCs in the space of about, leaving out the fight with Lilinette, four pages, and I would be pretty peeved to see 4th Div. mooks come along and heal them. The Shinigami need losses.
Old 2008-11-28, 12:40   Link #103
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Well, Lilinette may have a good release.

Or she could just be incredibly weak even in Resureccion form.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that her "release" involves her growing into an adult body. The cute kid thing is nice, but it's a bit weird to see Ukitake taking on a tyke.
Old 2008-11-28, 12:40   Link #104
NyxOne

Aw, but I want her to live...if she releases, she dies, simple as that.
Old 2008-11-28, 12:47   Link #105
mugenTaichou
Sanity, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that her "release" involves her growing into an adult body. The cute kid thing is nice, but it's a bit weird to see Ukitake taking on a tyke.
Or she'll maybe turn into a guy xD

Oh yeah, that would be fun to see

Old 2008-11-28, 12:48   Link #106
Le_Rukia

Location: I am living life and having a ball ... wondering why Lent isn't two weeks vs 8
Send a message via MSN to Le_Rukia
Quote:
And...Hinamori can't "go heal Matsumoto". Did you see the SIZE of Allon's fist, TO HER STOMACH?

Seriously, I don't discount the very high probability of that strike breaking her ribs and fucking up her internal organs.
Hey….we have discussed this in pervious threads, Hinamori.. Yeah I said Hinamori... is known for her exceptional skill in kiduo...... so why can't she attempt to heal Matsumoto….. Especially if she is as good as everyone says she is…
Old 2008-11-28, 12:50   Link #107
NyxOne

Because she's a bleeding, near-lifeless heap, that's why.
Old 2008-11-28, 12:59   Link #108
Xenux
∇ emo Szayel ∇

Why Kira and Shuhei >.<

Nanao would be better, i want to see more screen time of her D:
Old 2008-11-28, 13:16   Link #109
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
A step in the right direction, but not without its flaws.

I like how...

Allon dug out half of Matsumoto's abdomen, now this guy gets the job done.
Ukitake dealt with Lilinette, major mismatch there if you're hoping to see Ukitake unleash his full potential. Ukitake meditating at the start set the right spirit for the rest of the fight. Hope it stays that way.

How annoying that...

We're very close to a body count -- not quite there yet!
Kubo is recycling VC's for no apparent reason.
Old 2008-11-28, 13:25   Link #110
Amirali
Banned

Quote:
In regards to Allon being stronger than all three of Halibel's Fraccion, I...to be honest...really don't care.
Agreed, I'm not griping about Allon's powers if they makes for exciting chapters. But there are interesting questions here about what exactly Allon is, and where his strength comes from. Is he a hollow? An Arrancar? A being from an entirely different plane, (perhaps Hell?). Can the Espada summon such beasts and how monstrous would those summons be? Is such a beast a way to combine the fraccions' powers? However, despite these questions, the most likely scenario though is that Allon gets mauled and the whole theme is dropped.

Quote:
The chimera's got me excited in Bleach again, has dealt an incredible amount of punishment to two VCs in the space of about, leaving out the fight with Lilinette, four pages, and I would be pretty peeved to see 4th Div. mooks come along and heal them. The Shinigami need losses.
Depends on what you define as losses. If you mean being taken out of the battle, you've got four casualites already: Yamachika, Ikkaku, Matsumoto and Hinamori. If by losses you mean fatalities, Kubo's probably holding that off till he feels the need. If you look at the numbers game, team Aizen has suffered far greater losses. Yet strategically, everything's gone to plan for him. From creating the Vaizards, framing Urahara, killing the Central 46, obtaining the Hogyokou, luring the captains into Hueco Mundo , damaging the pillar supporting the spell, he's suffered no major setbacks to date. Even if none of the espada are left standing, I'm betting Aizen will still get the King's Key somehow.

The lack of death does sap shock factor from events, but it's not as one-sided as appears at first glance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_Rukia View Post
Hey….we have discussed this in pervious threads, Hinamori.. Yeah I said Hinamori... is known for her exceptional skill in kiduo...... so why can't she attempt to heal Matsumoto….. Especially if she is as good as everyone says she is…
It depends on how bad her own injuries are. Even if she blocked Allon's blow with her sword, wouldn't a smashed Zanpakutou also mean her powers would go kaput? I'm not sure exactly how these things work.

What troubles me more is that Ukitake is messing around with Lilinette, Soi Fong was toying with Vega and Yamamoto is watching impassively while the VCs are in genuine peril of death. I can understand the captains not wanting to waste their strength / the factor of surprise on fights below their level. But it still seems rather coldblooded.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-11-28 at 13:54. Reason: a stupid comment
Old 2008-11-28, 13:32   Link #111
NyxOne

I want death-losses. This chapter was so close to fulfilling the prediction that Rangiku and Hinamori would die...(I just tend to use these pauses. ) But, wait! Do I see a love-shield in the form of Kira and Hisagi ruining the moment?!

Kubo can never fucking kill anyone who's a hero, and, I'll tell you this, I will actually praise Kubo if he kills either of the two next chapter because he'll have let go of his rather obsessive love for his characters to the point where he can't bear to kill them. But, knowing this, the moment of awesome Allon made will likely be negated next week.

And Aizen's strategy certainly hasn't gone far. The fourth pillar's even been replaced as well, a while back.
Old 2008-11-28, 13:39   Link #112
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
Even if none of the espada are left standing at the end of this fight, I'm betting Aizen will still get the King's Key somehow.
The keyhole design on Orihime's dress gave me the crazy theory that Orihime is the key, gatekeeper, etc to the Royal Realm. Making this entire battle a ruse of some sort...yeah I have yet to work on the specifics.
Old 2008-11-28, 13:49   Link #113
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
I want death-losses. This chapter was so close to fulfilling the prediction that Rangiku and Hinamori would die...(I just tend to use these pauses. ) But, wait! Do I see a love-shield in the form of Kira and Hisagi ruining the moment?!

Kubo can never fucking kill anyone who's a hero, and, I'll tell you this, I will actually praise Kubo if he kills either of the two next chapter because he'll have let go of his rather obsessive love for his characters to the point where he can't bear to kill them. But, knowing this, the moment of awesome Allon made will likely be negated next week.

And Aizen's strategy certainly hasn't gone far. The fourth pillar's even been replaced as well, a while back.
I'd rather Hinamori than Matsumoto, but that's just me. In all honesty, if Kubo's going to go on a killing rampage I'd appreciate it if he took all four of them out. No need to focus in on Matsumoto entirely.

Kakashi: Interesting theory. It's just whack enough that you might be right.
Old 2008-11-28, 13:50   Link #114
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
last week I thought "omg how ugly is this, it's not frightening at all with that stupid look"

now this thing got 2 VC down in an instant from what I can tell Allon went through Rangiku with not more than 2 fingers! and I have a little hope for it to be strong enough for Kira/Hisagi, not to mention those two already had their triumph and there's nothing more to show.. let's cross our fingers the Shinigami's clean sweep ends right here and only those of Captain rank prove to be fit enough for what lies ahead.

And I'm seriously wondering how Uki-Lili will turn out, I have a bad feeling, this could get really ugly with her fighting so desperately, Ukitake might have to hurt her Stark might go berserk then.

about 4th division, their awesome and funny 3rd seat could help out a bit?
Old 2008-11-28, 13:51   Link #115
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
Agreed, I'm not griping about Allon's powers if they makes for exciting chapters. But there are interesting questions here about what exactly Allon is, and where his strength comes from. Is he a hollow? An Arrancar? A being from an entirely different plane, (perhaps Hell?). Can the Espada summon such beasts and how monstrous would those summons be? Is such a beast a way to boost the fraccions' powers? However, despite these questions, the most likely scenario though is that Allon gets mauled and the whole theme is dropped.
I don't really think Allon is a summon, more like he's the embodiment of their combined powers (think a twisted Captain Planet). Of course why Apache, Mila and Sun Sun can combine their powers like that is anyone's guess. Maybe they're sisters or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne
Breaking the pillars was Barragan's idea. Aizen just planned to defeat the Captains first, then move on to SS. Of course, we probably haven't seen Aizen's full strategy yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE
let's cross our fingers the Shinigami's clean sweep ends right here and only those of Captain rank prove to be fit enough for what lies ahead.
Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing them win against Allon, then have all of them get beaten going up against Barragan or Halibel.

Old 2008-11-28, 13:51   Link #116
Le_Rukia

Location: I am living life and having a ball ... wondering why Lent isn't two weeks vs 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
A step in the right direction, but not without its flaws.

I like how...

Allon dug out half of Matsumoto's abdomen, now this guy gets the job done.
Ukitake dealt with Lilinette, major mismatch there if you're hoping to see Ukitake unleash his full potential. Ukitake meditating at the start set the right spirit for the rest of the fight. Hope it stays that way.

How annoying that...

We're very close to a body count -- not quite there yet!
Kubo is recycling VC's for no apparent reason.
It may not be a mismatch we really don't know what Lilinette’s abilities are once she releases, IMO the injustice is the fact that Hitsugaya is fighting Habiel and Ukitake is unwilling fighting Lilinette..... Maybe he is going to kill off a VC off; therefore the reason for recycling…. That is a possibility; note division 4 is in HM along with Orihime... unless the Vizard who has the same ability as Orihime comes to safe the day...
Old 2008-11-28, 13:56   Link #117
NyxOne

Uh...Lil isn't getting desperate. She's just trying to show her stuff...and failing miserably.
Old 2008-11-28, 13:58   Link #118
Amirali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I don't really think Allon is a summon, more like he's the embodiment of their combined powers (think a twisted Captain Planet). Of course why Apache, Mila and Sun Sun can combine their powers like that is anyone's guess. Maybe they're sisters or something.
Well, Menos are formed as aggregation of thousands of hollows. So mixing and matching isn't entirely new to hollow derivatives. But if Fraccions uniting is greater than the sum of the parts, then the union of espadas might be fairly interesting too.
And good to know you were a Captain Planet fan too .
Old 2008-11-28, 14:13   Link #119
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I don't really think Allon is a summon, more like he's the embodiment of their combined powers (think a twisted Captain Planet).

Was it just me, or did the kid who represented "Heart" kind of piss you off?

"Wind, Water, Fire, Earth...Heart...?"

As an unforgiving 8 year old, that just didn't fly with me
Old 2008-11-28, 14:51   Link #120
Le_Rukia

Quote:
Uh...Lil isn't getting desperate. She's just trying to show her stuff...and failing miserably.
how can you say she is failing miserably?.... she just got started.... if this fight is going to happen....as seems it is...... I hope it is going to be a good one.... so let's just hope she provides something enjoyable since it seems we don't have any choice with this fight....

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga