Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-11, 12:33   Link #1441
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Lol, I voted for the infamous kyubey, because hes not getting enough loving.
I don't know how you're getting that idea, but Kyubey is getting a lot more votes than the other ones in the arena.
Old 2011-05-11, 15:11   Link #1442
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Wow, I forget about ISML for a few days, and it's a double K-on assassination and I miss the necklace thingie. Probably best hat way. Would have had a hard time voting between Yuki and Kanade. As for the other matches, would have voted for president Aria, Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn was always my favorite senshi), Sakaki (my favorite character in my all time favorite anime), and Hatsune Miku
Old 2011-05-11, 22:03   Link #1443
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I told you so....! Well done, Mikoto.

As expected Kyubey mauled its opponents, as did Miku and Naru. The one that surprised me was Lucy. I voted for Lucy but I didn't think she could possibly win. Heartening to know there still are a reasonable amount of Elfen Lied fans out there.
Old 2011-05-11, 22:06   Link #1444
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Kanade, all she does is beat everyone, including the #1 ranked Mikoto, but loses in the BCS formula. Must have been the computer polls
Old 2011-05-11, 22:07   Link #1445
hinakatbklyn

I could of said the same thing that Mikoto had a good chance, but I was still nervous that Kanade would pick up alot of votes until a few minutes ago.

Anyway, Mikoto held on, and now she has Aquamarine to add to Ruby from last year.
Old 2011-05-11, 22:08   Link #1446
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

What I'm really surprised is how Mio managed to garner so much votes over the other four non-necklace runners...

Maybe the K-on fans were pissed by the double loss last round...?
Old 2011-05-11, 22:12   Link #1447
Eater of All
NOM

Gratz to Mikoto. That was a close one.

Now that the tactical voter in me is happy, I guess I can fully support Kanade for Topaz now.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
What I'm really surprised is how Mio managed to garner so much votes over the other four non-necklace runners...

Maybe the K-on fans were pissed by the double loss last round...?
Or maybe Shana's voting base overlaps with either Mikoto or Kanade's, while Mio has a more devoted fanbase.

Regarding necklace or non-necklace, I guess most voters simply vote without caring who has more chances, etc.
Old 2011-05-11, 22:48   Link #1448
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
Congrats to Mikoto, since she deserved this necklace. Especially after being denied the opportunity to win last year by both Mio and Shana.

It's interesting to see Mio and Shana lose so many votes to Kanade this year, because it could dramatically effect/differ the results this year from the previous where several powerhouses competed on-and-off for necklaces. Mikoto managing to pull of a necklace win, however, against the significantly stronger Kanade definitely proves that she has gained a larger fan-base since Index II (or people are just troll/anti-voting.)

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Old 2011-05-11, 22:54   Link #1449
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Kanade, all she does is beat everyone, including the #1 ranked Mikoto, but loses in the BCS formula. Must have been the computer polls
Be glad the system changed so she could get second for it by old system she wouldn't have even a chance againist Mikoto .

Anyways I am quite happy that Misaka won the necklace . Congratulations to her .
MAL
Old 2011-05-11, 23:13   Link #1450
Hono

It's kinda nice that Mikoto won the necklace because of her high SDO since she lost it because she got SDO-screwed last year. lol karma, irony, whatever you want to call it.

At first I was kinda iffy about Mikoto most likely getting the Aquamarine necklace (despite the fact that she's the one girl I cannot vote against) since it really does feel like it suits Kanade better. Buuuuuut, then I remembered that aquamarines are this lovely shade of light blue that's a similar colour to her lightning. Found a connection so it's all good.

And Kanade's numbers still amaze me. She's the only one who could come out second place despite going in there with the lowest SDO.
Old 2011-05-11, 23:15   Link #1451
Team Rocket Elite

Sorry, Tenshi not this time. Kanade received 55.52% of of the votes that went to her or Misaka. And she did that with Yuri potentially siphoning off several hundred votes. That's both amazing and yet disappointing at the same time. Misaka is the second strongest character or very, very close to being second strongest. A 55-45 match is very difficult to turn around and it may have been even worse if Yuri wasn't in the match. This puts Tenshi way ahead of everyone else. a very impressive performance. At the same time, it just wasn't enough to claim the Aquamarine necklace. It's disappointing to see Kanade get so close but in the end fail to achieve victory. Misaka also did a great job in this match. Regardless of any advantages she may have had, she managed to put a mark on Kanade's perfect record. Of course, Misaka is going to have to work very, very hard if she wants to win against Kanade in a fair one on one battle. It'll be interesting to see if she can do it, although I suspect we won't know until Ruby or Diamond 7.
Old 2011-05-11, 23:36   Link #1452
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Or maybe Shana's voting base overlaps with either Mikoto or Kanade's, while Mio has a more devoted fanbase.

Regarding necklace or non-necklace, I guess most voters simply vote without caring who has more chances, etc.
Shana fans have always wanted her to win the Ruby necklace. Plus she's already won an aquamarine necklace.

Also I think how the K-ON fanbase is newer might effect how they view necklaces. I don't think they'd care as much about Mio being a repeat winner and there aren't any colours associated specifically with her.
Old 2011-05-11, 23:52   Link #1453
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Now Mikoto can't win another one this year.
Old 2011-05-11, 23:54   Link #1454
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Now Mikoto can't win another one this year.
Aquamarine has more prestige to it than most, so it's a good one to get. Plus Mikoto can have the perk of saying she was the one who beat Kanade to a necklace. If this was under previous rules, Mikoto won Aquamarine anyway.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2011-05-12 at 00:07.
Old 2011-05-12, 00:40   Link #1455
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

How are any more prestigious than any other?

I was simply reminding people that unlike previous years, she can't get a second necklace.
Old 2011-05-12, 01:00   Link #1456
Team Rocket Elite

For those interested, here are my character rankings from before Aquamarine 1 and after Aquamarine 7:

Before Aquamarine 1:
Spoiler for Character Ranking before Aquamarine 1:

After Aquamarine 7:
Spoiler for Character Ranking after Aquamarine 7:
Old 2011-05-12, 01:09   Link #1457
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
This is my first time seriously paying attention to ISML since 2010 DE, and I really like this new necklace format. Kudos to Mikoto for grabbing the first, and most prestigious one in my eyes.
Old 2011-05-12, 01:16   Link #1458
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
For those interested, here are my character rankings from before Aquamarine 1 and after Aquamarine 7:

Before Aquamarine 1:
Spoiler for Character Ranking before Aquamarine 1:

After Aquamarine 7:
Spoiler for Character Ranking after Aquamarine 7:
I'm still impressed to this day by the performance of two of my preferred characters: Hinagiku and Haruhi. They've done an excellent job at maintaining a rather nice strength ratio comparative to the age of their series. We've seen how age can take it's toll (especially in the case of Higurashi).

Other than that, pleasing to see Kuroneko up there and Mikoto still holding strong in that second position slot.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Old 2011-05-12, 01:25   Link #1459
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
Shana fans have always wanted her to win the Ruby necklace. Plus she's already won an aquamarine necklace.

Also I think how the K-ON fanbase is newer might effect how they view necklaces. I don't think they'd care as much about Mio being a repeat winner and there aren't any colours associated specifically with her.
This brings up an interesting point. The necklace match does allow fans (who possibly collaborate) to try to get their character a specific necklace. So it's not just about the votes, but maybe this is Shana fans' only chance to really get her that Ruby necklace.
Old 2011-05-12, 04:42   Link #1460
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
This brings up an interesting point. The necklace match does allow fans (who possibly collaborate) to try to get their character a specific necklace. So it's not just about the votes, but maybe this is Shana fans' only chance to really get her that Ruby necklace.
Maybe, but I can think of others who need it too. And, that kind of maneuver will require more calculation than some participants care to make or dare risk making.

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament