AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-05-26, 10:05   Link #101
velocity7

Like Kaoshin_Sama said, a game like this doesn't deserve to be downloaded.

I bought my copy (PS2). What say you?
Old 2007-05-26, 12:42   Link #102
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post

If you have a PC copy, I'll buy it AFTER you've released the English patch.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 21:50   Link #103
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
I bought the PC and PS2 version just so I can use the voice patch and play the game fully voiced on PC... *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Seriously just sit back and watch, you don't have to lift a finger and people will flock to the game and the anime like moths to a flame
That's true. And that's when I usually abandon the series subforum because I can't stand the massive number of posts and threads that comes with the crowd of fans. (I was one of the first posters for series like Fate or Haruhi, but runs away once the subforum grows big)
It's sad, but once CLANNAD gets its own forum and reaches the "5 pages of new post in the latest episode thread 2 hours after airing" status, I know I'll probably be gone.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-05-27 at 00:52. Reason: Deleted a no more needed reply
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 03:21   Link #104
Crystal Requiem

Send a message via MSN to Crystal Requiem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
@Crystal Requiem: You probably shouldn't be saying your downloading the game, seriously. You see, now what you've done is you have shown you don't support Key by purchasing the game and helping them profit. I'm not going to stick around to find what's left of you. Good Luck
I don't quite see where it says this game is licensed. However I shall find a free demo version if that so pleases the angry hord coming after me with torch and pitchfork. I suppport the comapnies fully, though I don't plan on buying anything not worth my time.
Crystal Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 15:19   Link #105
rg4619

Quote:
That isn't his point, really. AFAIK, Kaoshin_Sama hates Key stories and routinely argues with the fans. He doesn't enjoy visual novels either and despises how they've gained market dominance over adult RPGs/SRPGs/SLGs/etc (so from his perspective, Key games aren't worth buying. That said, I'm not suggesting that he would encourage people to pirate them, despite his views on how visual novels/moé negatively affect the market's direction).

Kaoshin_Sama is more or less trying to make a statement about the blind, rabid fanboyism of many Kyoto Animation/Key worshipers (who lash out at anyone daring to value these works as something less than pure platinum).

Quote:
You see, now what you've done is you have shown you don't support Key by purchasing the game and helping them profit. I'm not going to stick around to find what's left of you.
There may be hordes of KyoAni/Key proponents, but how many of them support official product? Probably only a small fraction, I'd wager (enough for this scene to provide some beneficial side effects for the industry, but probably not enough to strongly influence the sales of most individual titles).

The rest will merely download the anime and game, despite their enthusiasm. That's the nature of this fandom. Free entertainment, with the flimsy justification that we're doing copyright holders a favor by raising product awareness.

My hope is for those who really love certain products to eventually support the official releases, even if purchases are decided on a try before you buy basis.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 19:42   Link #106
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
That isn't his point, really. AFAIK, Kaoshin_Sama s Key stories and routinely argues with the fans. He doesn't enjoy visual novels either and despises how they've gained market nce over RPGs/SRPGs/SLGs/etc (so from his perspective, Key games aren't worth buying. That said, I'm not suggesting that he would encourage people to pirate them, despite his views on how visual novels/moé negatively affect the market's direction).

Kaoshin_Sama is more or less trying to make a statement about the blind, rabid fanboyism of many Kyoto Animation/Key worshipers (who lash out at anyone daring to value these works as something less than pure platinum).
Ninth rule of living like a decent human being: don't put words in other's mouths.

FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 18:02   Link #107
velocity7

http://www.mirai.ne.jp/~gotop/

A drama CD adaptation of CLANNAD Another Story was recently announced. Four CDs are planned so far, with the first one releasing on the 27th this month, covering the first four chapters altogether. Two CDs each. Cast is the same as the other drama CDs and the movie, with Nojima Kenji being Okazaki Tomoya.

Last edited by velocity7; 2007-07-08 at 20:11.
velocity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 07:10   Link #108
Catnips

The Playstation 2 game version was really good...
Catnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 07:14   Link #109
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Requiem View Post
I don't quite see where it says this game is licensed. However I shall find a free demo version if that so pleases the angry hord coming after me with torch and pitchfork. I suppport the comapnies fully, though I don't plan on buying anything not worth my time.
It WILL be worth your time. I guarentee that, so buy it.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 18:25   Link #110
Crystal Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
*Inhales*
Spoiler:
Oh yes it is, hehe, oh yes it is. Just depends on the maker and where you get it. Ooh~

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
It WILL be worth your time. I guarentee that, so buy it.
Did you bump this topic just to respond to a post made who knows how many months ago? Thanks, but so far I haven't seen anything to prove it's worth past the CGs.

I've asked questions about the game, and instead of answers I got morals. Please stop drilling into my backside.
Old 2007-10-17, 18:51   Link #111
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Oh yes it is, hehe, oh yes it is. Just depends on the maker and where you get it. Ooh~
Why do you continue to insist that CLANNAD is a H-game, when it clearly isn't? It's an all-ages VN in both its PC and PS2 incarnations.

Quote:
Did you bump this topic just to respond to a post made who knows how many months ago? Thanks, but so far I haven't seen anything to prove it's worth past the CGs.

I've asked questions about the game, and instead of answers I got morals. Please stop drilling into my backside.
Well you can't really see if there's anything worth playing for without going into details about the plot. If you want specifics about the plot, you'd best ask one of the people who have played it via PM why they have thought it is worth getting.

As far as I know, as someone who hasn't played through the VN before, the story is very intricate and lengthy, going into details about each of the characters along each of the routes.

My honest suggestion is, if you don't understand it, don't play it just for the sake of the CGs! Because with Maeda Jun's writing style, you won't understand any of it. Thus pretty much destroying your image of what a wonderful experience it could have been.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 21:04   Link #112
Crystal Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Why do you continue to insist that CLANNAD is a H-game, when it clearly isn't? It's an all-ages VN in both its PC and PS2 incarnations.
Alright alright, I'm not insisting anything. The official version no, versions made by other people yes. I'm not talking about the PS2 and the real PC ones, I was talking about a different one altogether with graphics that are damn near the same as the real game. Now I can't call it the official version and you may think one has nothing to do with the other, however in different hobbies lie different tastes and I call them as I see them.

Quote:
Well you can't really see if there's anything worth playing for without going into details about the plot. If you want specifics about the plot, you'd best ask one of the people who have played it via PM why they have thought it is worth getting. As far as I know, as someone who hasn't played through the VN before, the story is very intricate and lengthy, going into details about each of the characters along each of the routes. My honest suggestion is, if you don't understand it, don't play it just for the sake of the CGs! Because with Maeda Jun's writing style, you won't understand any of it. Thus pretty much destroying your image of what a wonderful experience it could have been.
I really don't see how hard it is to rate it on different aspects, to say if it's anything like the anime in humor, drama, or story-line. The least to say if it's interesting at all, or just a boring game with nothing but backgrounds on the characters. A ratio even, how many liked it to how many didn't.

If we both like the anime then we can atleast say our tastes are similar in that one thing. IS IT GOOD? I don't wanna know how long it will take to play, I don't care just how complex it is, I just want a simple f***ing opinion on if it's good or not. Is it funny? Sad? Can you base it off of anything else that can tell me if it's worth it to ME or not? I don't want some detailed lengthy statement that acts as if I make games myself and can appreciate all the little extraordinary things about it. I seriously don't know a lot of things that people say about this game. It's a game, meant to be played and enjoyed, not a showcase for the company and all the hardware terms used to describe it.

Please, don't bother anymore, if I can't get a straight and simple opinion out of anyone, it just means I'm not going to like it. End of discussion.
Old 2007-10-17, 22:13   Link #113
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Can you base it off of anything else that can tell me if it's worth it to ME or not?
Eh-to, how can anyone tell you that when they are not YOU?

Quote:
Please, don't bother anymore, if I can't get a straight and simple opinion out of anyone, it just means I'm not going to like it. End of discussion.
Ok, fine. You want a straight and simple opinion? Then I'll summarize in one word what everybody else has been failing to do in their relative essays, whether it is worth it: YES.

Now, have I played it? No, and that's only because I haven't the ability to read Japanese fluently yet. And the minute velocity7 and his team completes the English patch for it, that's gonna change.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 12:45   Link #114
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

The straightest answer is Yes, like Ascaloth said. But it actually depends. If you have zero experience of playing a visual novel/reading an actual novel, then the answer is definitely a 'no'. CLANNAD is a long long story such that I certainly won't recommend it to any first timers. In fact, most of the top class visual novels are too lengthy for first time players. Instead, I'd recommend ANY first-timers to play narcissu or something as short.

I remember playing an English visual novel made by an non-Japanese but I forgot it's name. It begins with the main character meeting a girl on a moonlit beach who is later found to be a ghost and such. It's free, and there're multiple endings depending on the character's choices. If anyone recalls please tell me--really want to see it again.

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-10-18 at 12:55.
Old 2007-10-18, 23:56   Link #115
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Crystal, try starting by listing things you liked of similar genres, whether or not you're fond of reading stories of 1st person perspectives, or extremely long stories and such. No matter how good Clannad is, if one cannot relate to the material and its execution, it's pointless. It's like asking someone who cannot stand psychological horror and tentacles to play Saya no Uta or someone who's not fond of Nasu's writing style to like Fate and Tsukihime.

We will never know if it'll be worth your time if you just outright ask like that. Not everyone thinks Harry Potter is a great series. Not everyone enjoys a Song of Ice and Fire. The world is made of diversity and differing opinions.

I never played much (( just restarted on the PC version one to coincide with the anime since I have no time for PS2 Clannad with Persona III and ACE III. )), but from little I played, it's simple atmosphere and enjoyable characters (( Sunohara )) were good enough to pull me into it.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 02:36   Link #116
Crystal Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Crystal, try starting by listing things you liked of similar genres, whether or not you're fond of reading stories of 1st person perspectives, or extremely long stories and such. No matter how good Clannad is, if one cannot relate to the material and its execution, it's pointless. It's like asking someone who cannot stand psychological horror and tentacles to play Saya no Uta or someone who's not fond of Nasu's writing style to like Fate and Tsukihime.
I loved that game.

Quote:
We will never know if it'll be worth your time if you just outright ask like that. Not everyone thinks Harry Potter is a great series. Not everyone enjoys a Song of Ice and Fire. The world is made of diversity and differing opinions.
This is all very true, but I had made the point that a game is to be enjoyed, not to be broken down into what it's made up of. I had asked if it was anything like the anime show, I didn't get a straight answer. I know I'm not asking for anything detailed but a simple yes or no from fellow Clannad watchers, and I should have asked somebody who actually played it. However regarding the fact that I asked if it was anything like the show in genere, if you know everything about the game but have not actually played it yourself, why answer? It wouldn't be the first time I've been ignored, like everybody else at one point. I just got useless information. I finally got my answer from iamandragon but after he continued with "but...[insert yet another pointless paragraph here]"

That's enough, I got what I was looking for, I'm not going to get the game. This is the end of discussion. I seriously can't control myself and the next offense I make gets me banned(though when the time comes, I probably won't care).

Thank you all for your wonderous help, I'm out.
Old 2007-10-19, 08:41   Link #117
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Well if you think it's pointless ignore them and view it as a 'yes' only---go buy CLANNAD! : P
Old 2007-10-19, 16:14   Link #118
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

So I just read the wiki article on the game. I started at 4:10 and at 4:13 my head exploded.
Old 2007-10-19, 17:39   Link #119
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
So I just read the wiki article on the game. I started at 4:10 and at 4:13 my head exploded.
huh? what happened?
Old 2007-10-19, 17:44   Link #120
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Probably exploded from all the spoilers which are on those Key-associated wiki pages.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, key, pc game, ps2, romance, school life, xbox 360