AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-23, 19:40   Link #821
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

By this point though, I think that Haruhi and SOS Brigade will do fine even if Haruhi was told about Kyon being John Smith, the problem isn't so much them as it is with factionalism from various interests.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-11-24, 01:32   Link #822
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
OMG the snow mountain syndrome is more exciting then i thought !!
the story is so tense
Old 2006-11-24, 02:57   Link #823
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I browsed around in the project areas and forums but couldn't find this ... has anyone put together a PDF file or zip for volume 4 yet? (I have volumes 1-3 in pdf). Those are just really convenient for me to put on a thumb drive to read while I'm wandering from customer network to customer network in my daily grind.
Old 2006-11-24, 10:17   Link #824
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I'm a bit confused by the whole "Charmed at First Sight LOVER". The timeline put it before Snow Mountain Syndrome, and there wasn't a progress % by it, but when I read it, it definitely wasn't complete. But then I check later and I get redirected to the Melancholy of Mikuru, which happens... after?
Old 2006-11-24, 10:39   Link #825
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
I'm a bit confused by the whole "Charmed at First Sight LOVER". The timeline put it before Snow Mountain Syndrome, and there wasn't a progress % by it, but when I read it, it definitely wasn't complete. But then I check later and I get redirected to the Melancholy of Mikuru, which happens... after?
That was because OnizukaGTO had accidentally pasted the translation for "Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru" into the wrong chapter, that error has now been corrected and the real "Charmed at First Sight LOVER" has begun translation as well.
Old 2006-11-24, 10:53   Link #826
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I browsed around in the project areas and forums but couldn't find this ... has anyone put together a PDF file or zip for volume 4 yet? (I have volumes 1-3 in pdf). Those are just really convenient for me to put on a thumb drive to read while I'm wandering from customer network to customer network in my daily grind.
I do the same.
But when a volume, or a single chapter, is not available I directly print the web page it on a "PDF Printer". If you don't have one try to install, for example, Foxint with the PDF creator plugin
Old 2006-11-24, 11:04   Link #827
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Next up in snow mountain is a true headache. Planar Graph! Whoo fun. Think discreetly.

Solve x, y and z.

(graph missing for now)
x - y = (D-1) - z,
D is integer constant
x ,y ,z are from 0-9.

With some manipulation, you get the following:
D = x - y + z + 1.

Since the three must be from 0 - 9, an upper bound can be set for D.

D <= 10.

Think of how many combinations are there in total for now !

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-11-24 at 11:49.
Old 2006-11-25, 22:04   Link #828
GyroidFanatic

...and volume 5 is done too!
Old 2006-11-26, 12:14   Link #829
PastPrime

I agree with Kyon. They should make Tsuruya a full brigade member. It's nice that she isn't really an airhead and has realized that Asahina and Nagato are not normal girls and deduced that Suzumiya is not normal either. And knew that some of the special affects in the movie were real.
Old 2006-11-26, 13:52   Link #830
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Translations for Vol 5 Snow Mountain Syndrome and Vol 6 The Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru have now been completed. Please read according to the order below.

http://project.baka-tsuki.net/index....ntain_Syndrome

http://project.baka-tsuki.net/index....Asahina_Mikuru

Until vol 7, the only side-stories left before then are in Vol 6, Charmed at First Sight LOVER and Where'd the Cat Go? Both are being worked on right now.
Old 2006-11-26, 22:45   Link #831
Wadjet
Join the Yggdra Union

Oh wow thanks to all the guys working on this! You guys are really rippin it up now. It has only been relatively a short time but you guys got almost all 8 volumes translated @_@

That is insane. SOme of you guys need to go pro >_>
Old 2006-11-26, 22:55   Link #832
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Still can't +1 Kinny
Seriously, though: major thanks. Really can't convey how much I appreciate this. If I ever see you in person, you'll get a big frickin' hug.
Old 2006-11-27, 11:54   Link #833
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Still can't +1 Kinny
Seriously, though: major thanks. Really can't convey how much I appreciate this. If I ever see you in person, you'll get a big frickin' hug.
I think I'll stick with the cookies, cheers. Besides, you'll have to fly across the ocean to ever have a chance to see me. I'll still be around when your cookie becomes available.

From the infamous "doppelganger in each other's room" scene in Snow Mountain Syndrome, the reader gets an insight into who fancies whom, or maybe it's just Tanigawa deciding to be sadistic to the readers.

Kyon's room: Mikuru (hentai doujin fodder)
Haruhi's room: Kyon (same as above)
Koizumi's room: Kyon (the butt of all the Koizumi x Kyon yaoi jokes, sadly Kyon's straight, as he's mentioned in Charmed at First Sight LOVER. Of course, that's not going to stop our esper boy anytime soon. )
Mikuru's room: Haruhi (yuri hentai ftw, Mikuru secretly enjoys being molested by Haruhi, lol)
Yuki's room: Kyon (Tanigawa's masterstroke, of course one could argue Yuki only said it was Kyon in order to provide Kyon with a hint to escape, but Kyon x Yuki shippers can always dream on. )
Old 2006-11-27, 13:04   Link #834
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I enjoyed the mathematic puzzle even more than that scene personally. I suppose it's each to his own. It is more amusing how that scene actually ties itself to the planar graph that is to come later on...

It is quite remarkable to me how Haruhi goes out of her way to take care of Nagato though. For some reason though, Haruhi's hundred meter dash in the snow keep making me think of Ayu's dash in Kanon TV.

Old 2006-11-27, 13:53   Link #835
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Yuki's room: Kyon (Tanigawa's masterstroke, of course one could argue Yuki only said it was Kyon in order to provide Kyon with a hint to escape, but Kyon x Yuki shippers can always dream on. )
I still hope that someday Yuki will give in to her emotions in a positive manner, walk up to Kyon and give him a big kiss in front of Haruhi, and then declare herself Haruhi's rival for Kyon's affections.
Old 2006-11-27, 13:58   Link #836
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
It is quite remarkable to me how Haruhi goes out of her way to take care of Nagato though.
I think she is feeling guilty after confronting Kyon about the attention he was giving to Yuki and then hearing the story about her being under stress because she might be forced to leave. A story that while it wasn't exactly true, it wasn't exactly a lie either.
Old 2006-11-27, 16:21   Link #837
General_Norris
Ouendan member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
I still hope that someday Yuki will give in to her emotions in a positive manner, walk up to Kyon and give him a big kiss in front of Haruhi, and then declare herself Haruhi's rival for Kyon's affections.
Ohhhh, fights between Haruhi and Yuki for the love of Kyon. Soon the series will be transformed into a romantic comedy

Not that I would object anything...
Old 2006-11-27, 19:43   Link #838
anselfir
Style Über Alles

I think it already is a romantic comedy
Old 2006-11-27, 21:50   Link #839
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

With Yuki and Haruhi in active competition... hell, you couldn't be sure from second to second which universe you were in or what color the strawberry jam was going to be when you glanced at it.
Old 2006-11-27, 22:29   Link #840
anselfir
Style Über Alles

That would be too much for kyon to take probably. What's the record for total # of kyons present during the same time period, I think it is 3 or 4. If it is really Yuki vs Haruhi duel, we might see something like 20 Kyons running all over the place.