AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-05-02, 12:09   Link #24041
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Why is she said to be the strogest Vampire? Souds like a misstraslatio.
Old 2013-05-02, 12:22   Link #24042
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Nope, the translation is correct. I think it's Kurumu's thoughts. Why she thinks so? Dunno. It should refer to her prior thoughts that Kalua can make a "shotgut" with her blood as the bullets and that even if you know that it's the same as a gun you cannot evade it while at the same time none of their own attacks had any (significant) effect.
Edit: "strongest" is the literal translation. To take the literal or more liberal translation approach is a decision with no definite answer. Context, preference, origin + target language all influence the approach to take.
Old 2013-05-02, 12:25   Link #24043
Chris38

Quote:
You have probably read the other, less accurate version ... in the other version, it is said, that she is the "ultimate vampire", which I think is a better statement to describe Kahula.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 12:40   Link #24044
Wood_Woody

Quote:
Why is she said to be the strogest Vampire? Souds like a mis-stranslation.
I think the writer was getting at her being in ultimate form. No doubt Kahlua was strong like that, but I don't think she could be considered the strongest. Moka might have struggled a bit one on one due to lack of experience, but I think Kahlua would have had to go some to beat the older vampires.

I think it was a good chapter. Plenty going on, and it seems that the fights are getting resolved and the field is getting whittled down.

I think Kahlua is definitely out of action now, whether she dies or not - I think she's lost the will to fight and well as being physically beaten. I think Kokoa will be out now, as she's emotionally done in and will look after Kahlua. I sense a crowning moment of heartwarming between the two of them.

I've a feeling that Tsukune's going to finish off Kiria, who's going to overcome Hokuto. I can just see that one playing out that way. He's going to have another flip out session seeing Hokuto getting wasted!

Kurumu and Mizore are probably out too. Knackered.com, especially Kurumu, healing abilities or not! Fong Fong and Yukari don't seem to have a fight anymore, and I think they'd be out of their depth doing anymore.

Which leaves Moka trying to detach Gyokuro's head with increasingly powerful kicks. She'll take the rosary back and then show her darker side, letting Alucard utterly destroy Gyokuro.

The mystery still remains. I want to see what happened to Issa & Fuhai. I think there's plenty of good things to come from Issa. Especially as Moka seemed really unsettled when Issa showed up, and not just because he's her father. He's got to be nearly on par with Akasha in terms of ability. I just can't see her going for someone way below her......
Wood_Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 18:08   Link #24045
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Ugghhh... the shonen element is getting too strong. Need these single battles to all finish up so we can move on!

Decent chapter though, good ending.
Old 2013-05-02, 18:21   Link #24046
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Soooo.....there are mistranslations?
Which scanlation did the better translation?

dreads the licensed translations *shivers*
Old 2013-05-02, 23:05   Link #24047
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

The latter, definitely. The former is broken in several places, which made it hard to follow. The licensed translation, yeah, I feel your pain.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 23:08   Link #24048
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

Mangaholic, in my opinion, did a better job ... at least to me, the writing seemed more smooth, compared to the other version.

Anyway, back to the chapter discussion, I'm starting to wonder, if we will see any changes in Moka's appearance once she actually starts taping into her Shinso - Alucard powers - which, I think is necessary, if she wants to survive the fight against the Gyokuro - Alucard fusion.

I'm not saying that she suddenly should gain an inhuman looking form, like Tsukune, Hokuto or Kiria - which, since Moka's body has adapted to the strain of Alucard's blood, is pretty unlikely - just that there should be a small change in her appearance or aura, for us, the readers, to be capable of noticing the moment, when Inner Moka starts to get ... "really serious".

Last edited by Chris38; 2013-05-02 at 23:53.
Old 2013-05-05, 12:08   Link #24049
chrono25

yes a change would be good for her showing her power in full form !
chrono25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 17:02   Link #24050
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Mangaholic, in my opinion, did a better job ... at least to me, the writing seemed more smooth, compared to the other version.

Anyway, back to the chapter discussion, I'm starting to wonder, if we will see any changes in Moka's appearance once she actually starts taping into her Shinso - Alucard powers - which, I think is necessary, if she wants to survive the fight against the Gyokuro - Alucard fusion.

I'm not saying that she suddenly should gain an inhuman looking form, like Tsukune, Hokuto or Kiria - which, since Moka's body has adapted to the strain of Alucard's blood, is pretty unlikely - just that there should be a small change in her appearance or aura, for us, the readers, to be capable of noticing the moment, when Inner Moka starts to get ... "really serious".
Yes, if they go the anime route, I'll be very happy. Yes, I can see Ura-chan gaining two or three centimeters in stature, or maybe around the chest. Then she'd be rivaling Kurumu for the being the biggest girl on campus. ^^;; Sorry, couldn't resist, I just know if anything like that happens, one of the first people to notice will be Kurumu. And, of course, Tsukune, I don't think he'll mind at all. I wouldn't. Looking forward to it.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 18:44   Link #24051
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
The group who released first is horrible. They do a rush job and half ass everything just to get the "glory" of releasing first. I don't look at those releases, just wait for the normal guys to do it.
Old 2013-05-05, 19:31   Link #24052
GrimJack

at least Rosario + Vampire is readable you should look at the butchery they do to Claymore lol
Old 2013-05-06, 06:43   Link #24053
debrr07
AniMeLOveR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The group who released first is horrible. They do a rush job and half ass everything just to get the "glory" of releasing first. I don't look at those releases, just wait for the normal guys to do it.
Where do you read the manga then ?
debrr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 11:53   Link #24054
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

lol you guys read the extra? XD poor clueless girls they have met true evil of the world, youtube.
Old 2013-05-06, 13:19   Link #24055
shalala

Quote:
lol you guys read the extra? XD poor clueless girls they have met true evil of the world, youtube.
Kokoa got a nose bleed from it lool. Kiria doesn't like girls and Hokuto stays quite of the topic...
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 13:39   Link #24056
Chris38

LOL, yeah it's pretty nice to know, that Ikeda hasn't lost his touch, when it comes to some comedic moments - even if, due to the seriousness of the current arc, they are only shown in the form of the extra pages, near the end of a volume.
Old 2013-05-06, 13:50   Link #24057
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...damn it! They were too cute for words! And Ikeda's just twisting the knife now in regards to Kahula... T^T So all of them have red eyes except for Kokoa...interesting...

Speaking of, now we know how Kokoa got to be so tainted... And I wonder did anyone bother to teach them how to delete browser history...?
Old 2013-05-06, 14:33   Link #24058
debrr07
AniMeLOveR

what's the extra you guys are talking about ???
debrr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 15:55   Link #24059
Wood_Woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrr07 View Post
what's the extra you guys are talking about ???
It's titled Chapter 59.5 "Kahlua's Assassination Diary"

In short, it's a hilarious look at how Kahlua goes about finding about the birds and the bees! I think it's safe to say that Kokoa is confirmed for lesbianism.
Wood_Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 16:51   Link #24060
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood_Woody View Post
I think it's safe to say that Kokoa is confirmed for lesbianism.
How the hell did you come to that conclusion from reading that...?
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire