AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2011-10-16, 00:37   Link #1
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

10bit and Handbrake on a Mac

I'm on a MAC, and I regularly use Handbrake to convert anime to iPad so I can watch them during my long bus commute. This is my major method of consuming anime (I can get almost 2 eps in one bus trip so as much as 4 eps a day to and fro) as I don't have much spare time outside of the commute. However, with the introduction of 10bit Handbrake is choking on those releases.

I want to make it clear that I am not looking for a solution for watching 10bit on a regular Mac computer. I've already downloaded Rev15 of mplayer and that appears to handle 10bit just fine. What I'm trying to figure out is a way to have Handbrake (the GUI version) work nice with all the 10bit releases out there so I can watch them on my iPad. Even if the solution isn't Handbrake but another conversion program that is fine. Just please don't ask me to 'compile' a program. Have no knowledge of how to do that and will not likely have the spare time (if this was like a month or two earlier then maybe... but...) to figure it out from tutorials and stuff in the near future.

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2011-10-16, 01:12   Link #2
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

nightly builds of handbrake encodes 10-bit sources to 8-bit output for a long time now so get those here -> https://build.handbrake.fr/job/Mac/
Old 2011-10-16, 02:12   Link #3
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Ok, thanks

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson