AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-04-13, 14:32   Link #2001
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

the thing is Bell has no idea what is behind his extreme growth. Only one who know is Hestia.
Old 2015-04-13, 14:47   Link #2002
Corvo269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the thing is Bell has no idea what is behind his extreme growth. Only one who know is Hestia.
Like I said, when his skill is explained to Ottar, didn't say Bell is the who tells him. Also, I think Welf will be told about Bell's skill by Hestia since he's already in Hestia's Familia and it would be a topic Hestia and Welf would share to build trust between them or something
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-13, 15:04   Link #2003
Incoder1000

I thought asking about someone else stats was a very big no no.
Old 2015-04-13, 16:02   Link #2004
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Volume 7 spoilers are starting to come out. Flee the thread if you don't want to accidentally ruin your reading experience by people's unlabeled spoilers.

Spoiler for Links:
That is one hax skill. He is also one one overpowered guy to be the only LVL 7.
Old 2015-04-13, 21:03   Link #2005
yuiichi9

Imagine in a couple of decades when bell reach lvl 50 and 99 how strong he would be. At level 99 maybe he would be able fight gods. Of course without restriction on their powers. I would like for bell to become inmortal at some point in the story that way he could stay with hestia after every humans friends die.
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-13, 21:09   Link #2006
The One Above God
Kamijou

From reading the manga, Ottar sort of reminds me of Acqua of the Back

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-13, 21:15   Link #2007
Armando99

Hopefully since this is a LN, Bell's power up won't mirror some character(s) that goes beyond reasonableness. We have plenty of those already.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-13, 21:53   Link #2008
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
Hopefully since this is a LN, Bell's power up won't mirror some character(s) that goes beyond reasonableness. We have plenty of those already.
wouldnt u say it already has. I mean he has a skill that says okay you get stronger just because of your feelings thats pretty nonsensical as it is.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 02:06   Link #2009
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
wouldnt u say it already has. I mean he has a skill that says okay you get stronger just because of your feelings thats pretty nonsensical as it is.

He still has to work at it though. It just doesn't happen as if he already acquired the skill by having that "feeling". I think it only helps him get stronger faster the harder he works at it.

Not like some characters where they just seem to just have it.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 02:37   Link #2010
Corvo269

Quote:
No. Imperial That's not how it Works. Bell's skill essentially Multiplies His Growth Rate. The multiplicative factor is Proportional to the Intensity of his feeling. If Bell did None of his daily Grinding Or training with Aiz, his stats Would stay The same.
Old 2015-04-14, 05:11   Link #2011
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
He still has to work at it though. It just doesn't happen as if he already acquired the skill by having that "feeling". I think it only helps him get stronger faster the harder he works at it.

Not like some characters where they just seem to just have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo269 View Post
No. Imperial That's not how it Works. Bell's skill essentially Multiplies His Growth Rate. The multiplicative factor is Proportional to the Intensity of his feeling. If Bell did None of his daily Grinding Or training with Aiz, his stats Would stay The same.
You've missed my point quite frankly. Let me compare it to Pokemon (in a way) normally you gain experience the more people you beat and u get stronger as a result. But bell's skill is essentially like he's holding lucky egg while also using Exp Point power Lvl 3. (So his growth rate is massively boosted) My point is thats a pretty extreme power for a place that growth is everything.

The best part is that even Hestia doesnt know where that power comes from so it seems just as hax as some of the other powers we've seen.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 07:06   Link #2012
Corvo269

Quote:
You've missed my point quite frankly. Let me compare it to Pokemon (in a way) normally you gain experience the more people you beat and u get stronger as a result. But bell's skill is essentially like he's holding lucky egg while also using Exp Point power Lvl 3. (So his growth rate is massively boosted) My point is thats a pretty extreme power for a place that growth is everything.

The best part is that even Hestia doesnt know where that power comes from so it seems just as hax as some of the other powers we've seen.
Listen, to add to the exp point power Lvl 3, lucky egg comparison, he also has Pokerus.

The fact is, its his skill. Apparently, most adventurers have a skill or two that's unique to themselves(and the blessings of the Gods/Goddesses only awaken them). In Bell's case, they turn out to be OP as fuck. But all of these skills Bell unlocked are his wishes taking form. Listen, there's a girl that can temporarily level up an adventurer. Bell's not the only one with OP skills here. His one is just is wayyyy too fucking useful in the long term.

Last edited by Corvo269; 2015-04-14 at 07:47.
Old 2015-04-14, 08:26   Link #2013
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Just bought the novel digitally. I thought the writing was weak at first but goddamn the fighting scene really gets me heat up. Almost bought the vol 2 first but then I realized it's still in pre-order

Hopefully the gap between release date will be short for vol 3 too I know about the fan-translation but can't really say I'm fond of it compared to the official one.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 10:12   Link #2014
The One Above God
Kamijou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Just bought the novel digitally. I thought the writing was weak at first but goddamn the fighting scene really gets me heat up. Almost bought the vol 2 first but then I realized it's still in pre-order

Hopefully the gap between release date will be short for vol 3 too I know about the fan-translation but can't really say I'm fond of it compared to the official one.
the fight scenes get better in future volumes

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 10:33   Link #2015
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post

If volume 1 got you heated up, wait till you get to volume 3.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 10:54   Link #2016
Kunagisa

Volume 7 pictures. NSFW link.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51483734.html

Ais doesn't appear at all this volume (unless you bought the book from Animate and got the SS from there ...). I bet that make some people happy!
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 11:00   Link #2017
Corvo269

Quote:

Ais doesn't appear at all this volume (unless you bought the book from Animate and got the SS from there ...). I bet that make some people happy!
By the end of Volume 7, which people are members of Hestia's Familia, and mention any special abilities they have? I couldn't keep track so it'll be nice if someone can spoil this to me properly
Old 2015-04-14, 11:44   Link #2018
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Dat Ottarl illustration tho.

I immediately got reminded of Asura's Wrath... Also Street Fighter's Akuma.

Last edited by Y Ddraig Goch; 2015-04-14 at 11:45. Reason: Reasons
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 11:58   Link #2019
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:

「言っただろう、 私のモノにしてやると」 ----> So, it's totally wabbit season for the amazones?
Old 2015-04-14, 12:31   Link #2020
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Who's the girl on the cover?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, dungeons, gods, harem, romance