AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-11-17, 12:59   Link #4761
Used Can

I think there's a possibility the gem Hayate holds may have been the same gem that was embedded in the ring Athena gave him. If he, somehow, manages to realise that, he may be able reach her.

I'm fairly positive there'll be a way to save Athena without destroying the stone. Naturally, I hope they won't find that way before Hayate decides who he wants to protect.

I'm expecting a battle with Midas, no matter what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoViking View Post
Hayate decides to push his GAR button and pull an Archer-in-HF-esque thing...
Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-17, 13:13   Link #4762
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think there's a possibility the gem Hayate holds may have been the same gem that was embedded in the ring Athena gave him.
I thought so as well. And if Mikado really did realized about Hayate and Athena's encounter in the past, then it somewhat make sense. I mean, it should be a story only Hayate and Athena know.

If that ring is important and contain that stone, that means Mikado probably realized Athena had it, that it belongs to Athena. If Mikado somehow buy the ring and researched on who pawned it, it may lead him to Hayate's family, thus at least know Athena and Hayate's connection. Possibly, that was the reason why he approached Hayate as Santa and still remember the kid he met 10 years ago was Hayate.

How many time did he pretended to be Santa anyway? If it's one time, my theory has a flaw, at least on his purpose in approached Hayate.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 14:06   Link #4763
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
How many time did he pretended to be Santa anyway? If it's one time, my theory has a flaw, at least on his purpose in approached Hayate.
I'm sure he's only done that once, and that took place before Hayate ended up in the RG 10 years ago.
Old 2009-11-17, 15:35   Link #4764
zodanhko
*ignoring*

I know he met Mikado once (at least) before he encountered Athena. But I wonder whether Mikado pretended to be Santa again after Hayate and Athena parted during those 10 years.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 16:49   Link #4765
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Question would be if Mikado was engineering a lot of things that led Hayate to the current events.

Last edited by lua thien; 2009-11-17 at 17:06.
lua thien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 18:16   Link #4766
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Mikado is such a nice guy. Who says that he didn't engineer every bit of misery around Hayate? Perhaps Hayate was a part of an experiment, his parents were bribed, or bought by Mikado to fuck with him, and make him as miserable as possible. Perhaps it was Mikado who bought the gem in the pawnshop, pretending to be just an ordinary old man.

This still makes no sense, because there's yet no valid motive behind those actions. Did he meet Hayate after, or before he broke off with Athena? If it was before then there's a good chance of a conspiracy... hmhm..

Anyway, I wonder which characters will be on the cover, or other color pages in the next chappy. Perhaps the ones that Hayate can choose from? Eh, better than nothing. I bet it will be a happy picture with them doing something together...

Perhaps there will be early spoilers this week, because it's in color.. mhmhm..
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 18:44   Link #4767
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
This still makes no sense, because there's yet no valid motive behind those actions. Did he meet Hayate after, or before he broke off with Athena?
Hayate met with Santa before he met Athena.
Old 2009-11-17, 18:58   Link #4768
Rah

That settles it then.

Santa is evil! ;_;

Awww, no fair.. I want to be a 7 year old kid again! I'd get all sorts of nice gifts, unlike in the 80's & 90's. Clothes, books, LEGOS.. oh.. fuck.. legos! LEGOOOOOSSSSSS!!! Ahhh, nostalgia hit! Uuuuuuu, I wanna mai spaceship, pirate ship, Egyptian temple, and, and... ^___^
Old 2009-11-17, 19:14   Link #4769
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
That settles it then.

Santa is evil! ;_;
That just compels me to light an inferno in the fireplace before Santa comes down the chimney along with shooting his sleigh from the sky with a laser-guided launcher.
lua thien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 19:32   Link #4770
IndoViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Spoiler:
Yeah, that one
Old 2009-11-17, 19:33   Link #4771
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
That just compels me to light an inferno in the fireplace before Santa comes down the chimney along with shooting his sleigh from the sky with a laser-guided launcher.
LOL!

Well, it's definitely Mikado who's pulling the strings. He even knows about Athena's condition. Unless he's being manipulated by someone else...

But why won't he try to take the gem from him? It would be really easy, since he makes all those rules, and he even gave to him first, so he can take it back at any time. Oh, let me guess. Only Athena can open the RG. And when she does, he'll proceed with his plan. Probably trapping her after she opens the path with some sort of a ritual. Lovely..

If Hayate's gem is the only way in, then he'll probably trade with Midas, unless there's an alternative. What could it be, though? If there is one, I bet it has something to do with the other gems.

Oh, wait, wait, wait... that's not possible. Athena is the only one that knows where the entrance to the RG is. Midas won't trade with Hayate. If he tries that option, he'll say "the gem first, then I'll free her", but go back on his word. Or perhaps they'll do the exchange just after opening the path to the RG in Japan? Well, that would work... hmhm...
Old 2009-11-17, 20:03   Link #4772
Used Can

I don't think Athena is the only one who is able to open the RG. Someone closed the way, and she had no idea who.

Mikado must have met Hayate back then for a reason. I guess that can be added to the list of things Hata has to develop.
Old 2009-11-17, 20:47   Link #4773
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Why would a infinitely rich and somehow evil tycoon like Mikado would mess with him? Sure I see him playfully messing around with people near him, but a dirt-poor 6 year old?

Hayate's special, there's something with him that would make him valuable to Mikado, gem or not.

I speculate that Mikado planned to be Santa for Hayate and manipulate him by making him more miserable. And Hayate as special as he is, has an affinity to the RG so when he ran away with no point of destination, this special affinity lead him there.

Hayate has a special role, I just feel it.

Can you feel it?
Old 2009-11-17, 21:04   Link #4774
Rah

Special or not, why wouldn't he mess with him is the question? Personally I think it would be fun to mess with a 6 year old "dirt-poor" boy. Kahahahahahaha!

Well, that aside, Mikado might like shotas, or just harassing little boys in a Santa outfit! When you're that rich, old, and perverted as him.. yeah..

Yeh, I said perverted. I didn't say that as a joke that he "likes" Maria because he values her as a future vessel for Yukariko's soul. He has a daughter complex as well... heheh...

Mikado in a bunny suit.. hehehe!

Grinding your eyes with a cheese grinder yet?
Old 2009-11-17, 21:33   Link #4775
Voltorn
something is missing...

lol
maybe that's just his test to hayate coz
(maybe) he wants to inherit his money to hayate xD
xD
Voltorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 21:41   Link #4776
Isekaijin

Is there a way he could choose to save both by killing his parents and Mikado?

Don't ask how, I simply would like to see him torturing them before giving them the most painful possible death. They ruined his whole life.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 21:58   Link #4777
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
Why would a infinitely rich and somehow evil tycoon like Mikado would mess with him? Sure I see him playfully messing around with people near him, but a dirt-poor 6 year old?

Hayate's special, there's something with him that would make him valuable to Mikado, gem or not.

I speculate that Mikado planned to be Santa for Hayate and manipulate him by making him more miserable. And Hayate as special as he is, has an affinity to the RG so when he ran away with no point of destination, this special affinity lead him there.

Hayate has a special role, I just feel it.

Can you feel it?
geee...that would probably sure explain why HE IS THE FREAKING TITLE CHARACTER OF THIS SERIES!!
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 00:03   Link #4778
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
geee...that would probably sure explain why HE IS THE FREAKING TITLE CHARACTER OF THIS SERIES!!

I see the title in only a comedic way though..
Old 2009-11-18, 00:27   Link #4779
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Could Himegami have been fired after going through this test? BTW, Hata wrote in his diary saying that Hayate's decision now is like choosing the right choice for a good ending in a game.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 00:31   Link #4780
Rah

Oh crap! SAVE GAME SAVE GAME! Load if it goes bad!

Tags
comedy, shounen