AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-16, 10:25   Link #241
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
I'd say she's still got a long way to go though, considering it took her up until now to notice the camera. This is a 13-ep series, right? I wonder if they'll be able to make it in that time.
I was thinking this too. First episode covered the beginning of the school year, second episode covered early summer, and third episode covered October/November. The fourth episode is set to do December. At this rate, they'll be second years by episode 5 or 6.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 11:25   Link #242
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Another good episode.

Quote:
I feel a little sorry for Mayu, that's got to be one of the worst ways possible to have your first love lost.
Her reaction when she found out her new-found prince was a girl was just priceless. She should have still gone for it, who cares if it's a girl ! A princess is fine too~

Quote:
As fun as it is seeing Yamada's developing sexual delusions, fantasies and schemes, my favorite part is still the way her feelings are evolving and sex is becoming less and less significant. True, she's still a total perv and always will be, and she doesn't want to admit that there's anything more, but the most important part to me is still the way that other feelings are growing, deeper and more meaningful than mere libido. I imagine she'll find when the time comes that it's all the better for it, when her feelings grow too strong, merely touching his hand is like electricity coursing through her whole body, and the important thing is not the quality of his "equipment", or how he uses it, but simply the fact that it is HIM.
I'd say she's still got a long way to go though, considering it took her up until now to notice the camera. This is a 13-ep series, right? I wonder if they'll be able to make it in that time.
There's probably enough time for romantic development, it's even already started to happen. I still don't want it to happen too fast, it would take out a lot of the fun if Yamada stopped her "sex plans". I was really suprised that six months have passed already and she still didn't even reach "step A", though she went through B in this episode. I thought she'd realize that she's nowhere near ready after that but... nope. She was still thinking about jumping the gun during the ghost thing. She still has a long road ahead of her...
Old 2010-04-16, 11:41   Link #243
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Yamada is the female verison of a young virgin boy on Hormones.

Switch their roles. I can see EXACTLY a boy doing what she is doing. And the girl being clueless.

Kosada's a girl.

1. Has female friends (That he doesn't want to sleep with)
2. Invites opposite sex to places without thinking it's a date.
3. Is a virgin but it's not at the TOP of his mind.
4. Does not do ANYTHING when alone with a girl.
5. Has slight thoughts then shakes off immediately.

The writer just took a normal 17 yr old and switched places. And made it FUNNY

As the famous Harry Burns said 'Men and Women can't be friends, the s** part gets in the way'. In a 17yr old where hormones are raging, this is especially true.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 11:53   Link #244
Johnny
Working the bags...

Kosuda as little red riding hood and Yamada as the big bad wolf was perfect... The new girl Kanejou looks like she might cause some problems for Yamada in the near future...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 11:55   Link #245
ReddyRedWolf

Well at least Yamada can say she is folk dance slut.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 11:57   Link #246
Fishfood1

for episode 3, how could kosuda not realize what he was touched in the dark room??

at least in the end that they moved forward. too bad i felt that they should have shown them dancing for at least 10 secs instead of just holding hand at the end

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 12:05   Link #247
totalnet

I think the dance at the end is a foreshadowing of the future. There is almost almost a hundred guys waiting in line to dance with Yamada, and she only cares about dancing with was the last guy in line. Which that last guy is the first guy in line she wants to have sex with.

Spoiler for speculation:
totalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 14:25   Link #248
ReddyRedWolf

I'm not sure if this will get that kind of ending. Afterall B Gata H Kei is based on a 4-koma.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 15:59   Link #249
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Her reaction when she found out her new-found prince was a girl was just priceless. She should have still gone for it, who cares if it's a girl ! A princess is fine too~
I was thinking the same thing. Who cares if it was his sister. Go with it ! I was kind of wondering where they were going with that flashback, but the end so made it worth it.

Another good episode though. They really are making some nice slow progress with that relationship. Of course doesn't just let Kosuda skip to the front of the line, but he did hesitate to go over there so put himself behind anyways. Still worked out nicely with her going with it anyways even though the music ran out. Though damn that must've been a tiring evening repeating that dance at least 70 times. Moving nicely away from her crazy goal to her really just being focused on Kosuda.

Funny bit with almost kissing Takeshita . The reactions from both were great.
Old 2010-04-16, 18:58   Link #250
xia

I love how she's
Spoiler:

Thanks vandakiara for the sig!
Currently watching
On deck for 08/09: Claymore, Monster, Paradise Kiss,
xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 18:59   Link #251
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
So B Gata H Kei = literally B type eroticism. I wonder if the two will ever have sex. lolol

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 19:51   Link #252
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

ROTFL! Reason why Kosuda ain't interested in Mayu? Because he still thinks Mayu is still in love with her 'prince', so he can't imagine her having feelings for anyone else lol. For once, the main male lead actually has a reason for not noticing the childhood friend's feelings. (And yeah, its really Mayu's fault this time around for not clearing things up; very rare when you can't put the blame on the male lead) XD

Mayu's is also yet another reason why Hanazawa is at the top of my VA list. She seriously puts Mayu's moe over the top just by voicing her. Especially loved the part when she was blabbering and Mayu hit her head on the pole in the process, hehehehe.

Seriously speaking now, Mayu's reaction in the matter is pretty much how I feel about the archetype. She totally lost ALL interest once she found out that her object of her afffections is the same sex as she is; kinda like me not feeling anything when the childhood friends in a certain series is of the same gender. (Yeah, came up in one of the moe threads in where people ask me why it must be of opposite sexes. I dunno why, I just feel that way lol)

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 20:22   Link #253
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Yamada is the female verison of a young virgin boy on Hormones.

Switch their roles. I can see EXACTLY a boy doing what she is doing. And the girl being clueless.

Kosada's a girl.

1. Has female friends (That he doesn't want to sleep with)
2. Invites opposite sex to places without thinking it's a date.
3. Is a virgin but it's not at the TOP of his mind.
4. Does not do ANYTHING when alone with a girl.
5. Has slight thoughts then shakes off immediately.

The writer just took a normal 17 yr old and switched places. And made it FUNNY

As the famous Harry Burns said 'Men and Women can't be friends, the s** part gets in the way'. In a 17yr old where hormones are raging, this is especially true.
I disagree and feel somewhat insulted as a fellow male.
1. Number one isn't confirmed or denied, the guy just isn't going to try and press things with her, since after all he's going to have to see her AND her parents almost every day and a stupid slip could make things awkward, depressing, or simply dangerous to his health. If he didn't have any interest in Mayu, jealousy wouldn't have come to mind so fast and, when it did, his reaction would have been less desperate/defensive and more incredulous.
2. The guy doesn't exactly think things are official "dates" necessarily, but it's clear he's quite aware of the fact that he is accompanying a beautiful girl, and struggling with the unpredictable behavior of said girl that can almost instantly jump from a date mood to a booty call to indifference and even scorn.
3. It's a little something called decency. Yes, one does look at a pretty girl and her body registers very firmly, but even teenage boys have to have some concerns outside of the pants, at least if they're ever going to get into the pants.
4. Again, the guy doesn't ignore or miss things, but he honestly doesn't have any idea what he should do with the crazy girl. A wrong move could mean anything from rejection to castration to public humiliation of such a level that he'd wish he'd just been castrated. He does in fact try something a few times, but something always, inevitably, interferes and he winds up making things worse.
5. The guy is smart is all. One time he got hard in front of the girl, and she screamed and fled with what looks like a mixture of disgust, fear, and offense. I know all too well that for a teenage guy, it takes very little to get things going. At times, especially during puberty, the faintest momentary thought or even a slight hiccup in the hormones can cause 80% of his blood to pour into that one location and stay there for hours. Not to mention that every situation that he's experienced that mimicked these thoughts quickly turned bad, so the slight thoughts now come with some unpleasant associations.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 22:01   Link #254
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

I wonder if that rich-girl's - Kanejou Kyouka - name was intended as a pun by the author. The syllables can be rearranged to read "kane joukyou ka" which for me means "Money circumstances/matters?" or "All about money?". Clearly a reference to her rich girl status. In any case her name is a mouthful to read compared to the other girls.
Old 2010-04-16, 22:03   Link #255
ZeKeR
Superbad

well i dont know yet... but he's gonna have even moar women... harem boy
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 22:03   Link #256
Nosauz

i have to say that the animators are doing a knock out job with converting this 4 koma into a 24min show. Although it's split into "two" stories, I feel like the story itself is so light hearted that it serves the show well. Honestly I think this kosuda and very tsun tsun horny cherry girl will never have sex ever, since cherry boy has not balls, and cherry girl is all bark and no bite. Still they do make for quite a cute tsundere pairing.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 22:52   Link #257
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
ROTFL! Reason why Kosuda ain't interested in Mayu? Because he still thinks Mayu is still in love with her 'prince', so he can't imagine her having feelings for anyone else lol. For once, the main male lead actually has a reason for not noticing the childhood friend's feelings. (And yeah, its really Mayu's fault this time around for not clearing things up; very rare when you can't put the blame on the male lead) XD

Mayu's is also yet another reason why Hanazawa is at the top of my VA list. She seriously puts Mayu's moe over the top just by voicing her. Especially loved the part when she was blabbering and Mayu hit her head on the pole in the process, hehehehe.

Seriously speaking now, Mayu's reaction in the matter is pretty much how I feel about the archetype. She totally lost ALL interest once she found out that her object of her afffections is the same sex as she is; kinda like me not feeling anything when the childhood friends in a certain series is of the same gender. (Yeah, came up in one of the moe threads in where people ask me why it must be of opposite sexes. I dunno why, I just feel that way lol)
I do wonder about Mayu almost rebounding onto Kosuda after the revelation about her 'prince'. Is it a subconcious thinking of "well I can't get my prince so I'll get the brother which is close enough"? I'm sure she has valid reasons for being interested in Kosuda. Just seems interesting that she went to the next member of the family since the first didn't work out.

Regardless Mayu is in a tough spot here. First Kosuda is really interested in Yamada though he really can't figure her out at times. Plus unless she made clear that the prince was his sister he'll think she's got someone else she is interested in. I can't really think she would be able to say something like that though.

Anyways good news for Yamada. Apparently that situation in the dark room got her over her B cup crisis . It's all fine now.
Old 2010-04-16, 23:50   Link #258
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Whats with this lots about Mayu... O.o'''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
So B Gata H Kei = literally B type eroticism.
I didn't really realized that until i heard the song played during the moment Kosuda groped Yamada's chest. In the song, they pronounced "H" as "Ecchi". so B Gata H Kei can also means B Type Ecchi series. Though i'm still wondering what that B stands for in the context of sexism.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 00:35   Link #259
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
In the song, they pronounced "H" as "Ecchi".
Of course they did. That's exactly where "ecchi" comes from. It's the pronunciation of the letter H in Japanese, derived from "hentai".
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 01:46   Link #260
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

I keep giggling at Hocchan voicing a boy. .w.
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Though i'm still wondering what that B stands for in the context of sexism.
Y'know, even 2ch seems to be wondering from the few comments I looked at while ignoring Angel Beats OP lol.

B型H系のB型とH系って何だ?性行為感染症の型か何かか?
What does B Gata H Kei mean? Is it like an STD or something?

B型肝炎
Hepatitis B

HIV感染症
HIV infection

Not really what you're looking for, but I still laughed. ^^;

Also, since you seem to YUKARIN BANZAI with me, full version of ED and third song [Namida no Loop] were aired on Say!You Young.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, seinen