AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-06-01, 00:09   Link #5181
bio9205
Reborn

If Soma/Marie is co-piloting a Harute, does this make her a Meister? Or half a Meister? I mean, she already has her own custom coloured red pilot suit.

Last edited by bio9205; 2010-06-03 at 22:15.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 00:16   Link #5182
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

How can anything be stronger than the strongest most overpowered suit in the entire series? 00 Raiser was clearly invincible, and the fact that Ribbons managed to fight Setsuna to a draw is more of a testament to his skills than his machine being superior.

Also, Ali fighting 00 and Seravee doesn't prove anything, 00 was operating at 80% and Tieria is just a shitty pilot.
Old 2010-06-01, 01:02   Link #5183
Alexus_Z3
new to gunpla

aah no it was mentioned before that one of the reason Ribbon defeat is becasuse he hadn't pilot a mobile suit for along time in fact I think it was mentioned that interm of spec wether it was equal or better than 00 Raiser (interm of power I guess)
Alexus_Z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 01:13   Link #5184
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Reborns Gundam had superior technology compared to the 00-Raiser, but an inferior power source thanks to its GN-Drive[T]s. When it comes to skills, materials revealed that Setsuna ultimately defeated Ribbons because his own skills were more recent and honed, whereas Ribbons hadn't been in battle in a long while and was rusty.
Old 2010-06-01, 01:46   Link #5185
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
How can anything be stronger than the strongest most overpowered suit in the entire series? 00 Raiser was clearly invincible, and the fact that Ribbons managed to fight Setsuna to a draw is more of a testament to his skills than his machine being superior.

Also, Ali fighting 00 and Seravee doesn't prove anything, 00 was operating at 80% and Tieria is just a shitty pilot.
WTF, no he isn't.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 04:58   Link #5186
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
WTF, no he isn't.
Agreed. Not enough shine time tends to ruin a person's image. Those that got to fight a lot are recognized more as a result.

What is with this "Hallelujah/Allelujah sucks/is weakest meister' and 'Tieria was a lousy pilot' stuff? They aren't GMs for nothing. I may be taken this a bit far but if you have to call either of them weak you are probably saying Lockon is average. Lockon. Is. Not. Average.

Or in my opinion at least. Feel entirely free to disregard it. I like all of them. Very memorable - I wish Halle/Alle could have gotten more battle time though. Hopefully this movie fixes that.

Hallelujah!
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 08:30   Link #5187
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Reborns Gundam had superior technology compared to the 00-Raiser, but an inferior power source thanks to its GN-Drive[T]s. When it comes to skills, materials revealed that Setsuna ultimately defeated Ribbons because his own skills were more recent and honed, whereas Ribbons hadn't been in battle in a long while and was rusty.
I would of liked to of seen setsunas skills make up for the technological gap the reborns gundam had over his machine during that so called draw. I did enjoy it when setsuna went back to the old ways of doing things without using his innovator powers and kicking ass the good old fashioned way using his skills during the battle between O gundam and Exia.

Quote:

Funny thing is that I find it hard to see why some people view that exchange as a draw? since the reborns gundam was still operational and was able to fly out of there where as 00 risor shut down with its pilot unconscious.

Its like in boxing, In a championship bout,A fighter knocks the other fighter out in a very close fight, then walks out of the ring only to collapse in the changing room with the belt around his waist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Agreed. Not enough shine time tends to ruin a person's image. Those that got to fight a lot are recognized more as a result.

What is with this "Hallelujah/Allelujah sucks/is weakest meister' and 'Tieria was a lousy pilot' stuff? They aren't GMs for nothing. I may be taken this a bit far but if you have to call either of them weak you are probably saying Lockon is average. Lockon. Is. Not. Average.

Or in my opinion at least. Feel entirely free to disregard it. I like all of them. Very memorable - I wish Halle/Alle could have gotten more battle time though. Hopefully this movie fixes that.

Hallelujah!
I would say Allelujahs character kind of sucked for me since i didn't enjoy his romance and whineing about marie in S2 but i did enjoy the inner conflict he had with hallelujah during S1.When he is in form and has all his ability, he is quite the force to be reckon with as a pilot which he has demonstrated in S2 with hallelujah ofcourse.

I would say when it comes to Raw power and super abilities, lockon probably is considered the weakest of all meisters. But ofcourse gundam piloting is not all about raw power and special abilities. Lockon is able to do what he does jus by using sheer skill alone since he lacks when it comes to super human reflexes such as QBW.

Each meisters have their own skills set and talents and setsuna is good at everything.

I hope the movie will give the meisters some decent screen time which they can use to show case their skills.Course we all know setsuna is the strongest and I am sure CB felt that way since they decided to let him pilot the 00.

Last edited by GundamMeisterLockon; 2010-06-01 at 09:01.
GundamMeisterLockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 11:37   Link #5188
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

The technology gap between 00R and Reborns is one thing. Equipment and it's range matters as much as the frame and power itself. You can have all the power in the world but with no means to take advantage of it, it's as useless as a throwing knife in the hands of a newborn.

Draw on the battlefield is when both opponents die or when none of them can finish off the adversary. There are no rules on the battlefield. If you fail to kill someone in a deathmatch, it's a no win situation on both sides.

Also, would anyone be so kind as to explain to me if 00R suffers power down after Burst in the fight with Reborns? We do get to see the graph of the charge and I haven't seen any statements about the differences of 00R's T-A functions.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 13:52   Link #5189
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
The technology gap between 00R and Reborns is one thing. Equipment and it's range matters as much as the frame and power itself. You can have all the power in the world but with no means to take advantage of it, it's as useless as a throwing knife in the hands of a newborn.

Draw on the battlefield is when both opponents die or when none of them can finish off the adversary. There are no rules on the battlefield. If you fail to kill someone in a deathmatch, it's a no win situation on both sides.

Also, would anyone be so kind as to explain to me if 00R suffers power down after Burst in the fight with Reborns? We do get to see the graph of the charge and I haven't seen any statements about the differences of 00R's T-A functions.
Its theorized that while the 00-Raiser did suffer from a performance drop thanks to Trans-AM Burst, its TDS still produces enough GN-Particles after Trans-AM that its performance drop isn't as bad as, say, the Exia after it had eliminated the Alvaaron only to get attacked by the GN-Flag. No confirmation but based on what we do know about Trans-AM and the Twin Drive System's capabilities, it makes sense.

The effect, however, is still noticeable as the 00-Raiser was lagging in the final battle, to the point where it was having difficulty evading the Gadessa and Garazzo while the Reborns was harassing it--something we saw wasn't a problem earlier before it had done Trans-AM Burst. Basically, its another testament to Setsuna's skills as a pilot that he managed to do as well as he did against Ribbons while the 00-Raiser was recharging.
Old 2010-06-01, 14:21   Link #5190
Butagami

Quote:
Course we all know setsuna is the strongest and I am sure CB felt that way since they decided to let him pilot the 00.
it's funny how he was the weakest of the meisters when they started (Ali mentioned that Setsuna's fighting relied too much on the machine, and not on skill). He was only drafted because Ribbons felt like it. Now he's CB's top dog.
Old 2010-06-01, 14:24   Link #5191
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Setsuna wasn't assigned to the 00 Gundam because he was the strongest. He was assigned to it because the 00 Gundam was supposed to be an anti-Gundam unit with its Twin Drive's potential. And so the 00 Gundam was logically equipped with anti-Gundam weaponry; a.k.a. GN-Sword type weaponry. And since Setsuna had the most experience there due to his piloting the Exia...
Old 2010-06-01, 14:31   Link #5192
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:

80% synchronization rate not 80% performance. Also note at this level each individual Drives was operating at 60% capacity according to the S2.02 screen, which in theory puts the output at approximately squared of a 60% Drive. [We dont know what the 80% synchronization's means, if there is a squaring effect that in conjunction to the lower single Drive output there should be some variation in the exponential formula as well although its hard to point out exactly what. A possible example is that the squaring of particles happens less often within a period of time for example in comparison to a 100% synch rate].

I'm not one of those who likes to boast Setsuna is a great pilot all the time. [whether I'll attack him or defend him varies within the context] but I have to say that there is one disadvantage that he has that I would like to point out: Intel.

00 Raiser is quite a famous suit, its been observed and fought by the Innovators for, well alot of battles and as a result they or more specifically Ribbons have a good general idea of not only how 00 Raiser works but Setsuna style of fighting as well. This gives him quite a good advantage in a one on one fight. Not only that but Setsuna himself have never seen Reborns, nor has he fought him before so he does not know his style of fighting unlike Reborns who have been monitoring him for most of S2. Especially through his Innovades as well as other means given his abilities and powers.

This may seem trivial at first, but it affects the dynamics of how the fight goes. Setsuna seeing Reborns power makes the assumption that its more of a Virtue archetype, a fair assumption but fails to realize its a Twin Drive suit which can easily break such assumptions. Setsuna lost in each attack that he started with though I think he did win a counterattack that he started with.

I'm not exactly sure about how weakened Setsuna's machine is though because 00 is charging up while the fight happens. It also does not help that Setsuna lost a leg later on by an attack from Gadessa which would have made his charging situation even worst given that the leg possesses a GN Condenser.

As for Twin Drive output, we still do not know whether its actually lowered or not. It would have been lowered due to Trans-Am, this is the general case but because Burst was a special situation we are not sure whether the lower output situation is extended even further.

I will say this though, while I think Ribbons have a intel advantage I'd always have the opinion that Ribbons won the first fight and lost the second one. Even though in text, his stated to have lost both. I'd thought Ribbons did alright though under the circumstances and so did Setsuna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Ignition started.
I think I'll used Trans-Am instead. I've Trans-Amed the topic. Let's hope it doesn't run out of steam too soon. Maybe some news hopefully will provide a nice quick recharge after this is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
Its hard to tell. We do know that 00 needs to charge up his GN Condensers in the battle though but whether the direct powerplant output itself is lower than usual is not known.

In general, using Trans-Am does lower the output of the Drive afterwards [in conjunction to draining the Condensers]. In the case of 00R though, I'm not so sure how affected it will be. It handles normal Trans-Am well, using Trans-Am Raiser in S2.22 and then uses Trans-Am later again at the end of the battle while doing a semi consuming fight in the middle [wasnt firing much beams due to the anti field]. Of course, its hard to tell how long the Trans-Am at the end lasted because it was done for a finisher move purely but it does suggest to us that 00 can recharge relatively well in a fight although it wouldn't surprise me if it has to drop the performance a bit somewhat. [This is still far better than the others though who are cant recharge while fighting]

My view of the situation is this, 00R uses Trans-Am Burst causes a prolonged lower output level of the Twin Drive. This would have lasted to most of Setsuna's meeting with Tiera, which we do not know was how long. When Setsuna started the fight, his meter was around 60s, so most of the charging would have been done but still has to go through the fighting while charging.

I'm just making a guess that its output is recovering mostly but may still be below normal but as I've said its hard to tell for sure. Because we do not know whether a)Setsuna was lowering the performance of 00 to route more power to the Condensers for Trans-Am or b) Setsuna was just letting things flow normally in which case the Drive is producing a particle surplus which is why the Condenser meter is rising.

However, one important clue is the other two numbers on the screen which follows the same percentage as the Condensers. Because this is a different screen, its hard to tell what they represent. They may represent Drive output rate of which is is the case, then its definitely true that 00R's TDS output is lower. Or they may represent other Condensers which complicates it a bit.

My advice, to each of you just think of it however you want it to be for the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
it's funny how he was the weakest of the meisters when they started (Ali mentioned that Setsuna's fighting relied too much on the machine, and not on skill). He was only drafted because Ribbons felt like it. Now he's CB's top dog.
To be fair, he'd said that when he was 16 and was combat inexperience although I cannot say its untrue either. I think Setsuna is a good pilot, great later due to QBW although I do not think of him as the best in the series.

As RD said though, Setsuna was drafted with 00 because he was Exia's pilot and the Twin Drive System was chosen to be placed on an Exia archetype, not a bad decision considering it has general purpose heritage as well as Exia having one of the best mobility within the 3rd Generation Gundam due to its better human articulation design.

Although, thats the irony of it. Setsuna was the symbol of which made Ribbons have the determination to do what he did. Ribbons made Setsuna a sacrifice Meister, given him the seat of CB. And in the end, it was Setsuna who ended his plan and defeated him, destroying Exia's [former] GN Drive in the process.
Old 2010-06-01, 14:35   Link #5193
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

I apologize for taking this off topic, bu here are some descriptions of the new models from the movie.

Quote:
* HG 1/144 Gundam Zabanya
- Bits can be separated and combined.
- Consolidated joint to reproduce the shield as seen in the trailer
- Beam rifle has selectable pistol mode
- The base is movable when the shield bit is mounted to the body, and is capable of flexible poses.
- Weapons: beam rifle/pistol x2, bit x2 sets
- 8 runners in total. Comes with foil sticker.
- August release, 1,890 Yen (inclusive of tax).

* HG 1/144 Raphael Gundam
- Part swapping to reproduce the Big Cannon (large backpack)'s "clone" expansion gimmick.
- Customized display base for Big Cannon included.
- Big Cannon can rotate and be detached, has movable "toes".
- Weapons and accessories: beam rifle, customized display base.
- 10 runners in total. Comes with foil sticker.
- September release, 2,100 Yen (inclusive of tax).

* HG 1/144 00 Qan[T]
- Beam gimmick can be completely reproduced, blade edges are made of clear green parts, can be separated to reproduce the scene from the trailer.
- Special weapon GN Sword included. Mode change can be reproduced.
- Eyes, head, ears, and lens parts are made of clear parts.
- Bits can be removed, base of the binder is movable.
- Swing movement mechanism is inherited, enabling a broader range of articulation.
- Edges of the bit is made of AFX for safety considerations.
- Weapons: bits, GN Sword.
- 5 runners in total. Comes with foil sticker.
- August release, 1,680 Yen (inclusive of tax).
Credit to HomelessWoman
Old 2010-06-01, 14:44   Link #5194
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
You forgot one.

Quote:
* HG 1/144 Gundam Harute
- Transformable to flight mode.
- Detachable rifle's transformation can be reproduced.
- Back binder can move in MS mode.
- Backpack can be detached. Base is movable.
- Weapons and accessories: rifle x2, backpack.
- 9 runners in total. Comes with foil sticker.
- September release, 1,890 Yen (inclusive of tax).
Credit to all the model info goes to Ngee Khiong and Homelesswoman of courrse for pointing out to us.

Interesting, so I wonder if the detachable idea thing may be true? Then again, it could just be a model related thing. Even the HG GN Sword II is "detachable".

I also wonder if Big Cannon is really the name of the 2nd form or whether its just a description?

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-06-01 at 15:08.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 15:33   Link #5195
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

~@ R.D. and Sonic

Thanks for the explanation. First time I saw the final episode and the fight with Reborns, right after the very first clash when 00R was sent flying backwards I laughed a bit wondering how's that even possible. It simply seemed off. Quite apparent as the fight went on. It was more of a feel rather then a cognitive assumption.

Summing all of this up, I do feel that the series never really showed us any 'proper' fights where Setsuna could truly go all out. The problem here is that creators must have had a hard time mixing unbelievable performance of 00R, showing Setsuna's skills as a pilot with not relying on his units specs. Even making him not unbeatable like all other protagonists in old fashioned UC series. The best way out of this is to give him proper opponents with comparable units though that's impossible due to 00R being the very first of it's kind. It's simply plot impossible. That's why to play it safe all of his fight had a certain condition to them, like unfinished TDS, being shoot, distractions due to the effects of T-A and power downs of 00R. Looking forward to the movie since it'll be the very first battle where Setsuna fights in a properly prepared unit against a proper enemy. That's all from me on this topic.

About the HG models. So it seems they went with trailer info. Hm, so Quan[T]s GN Sword really has a mode change.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 16:06   Link #5196
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocawarde View Post
I apologize for taking this off topic, bu here are some descriptions of the new models from the movie.

Credit to HomelessWoman
Don't apologize for bringing us great news, I think you did us all a favour by showing us this stuff so we can move on.
Quote:
* HG 1/144 Gundam Zabanya
- Bits can be separated and combined.
- Consolidated joint to reproduce the shield as seen in the trailer
- Beam rifle has selectable pistol mode
- The base is movable when the shield bit is mounted to the body, and is capable of flexible poses.
- Weapons: beam rifle/pistol x2, bit x2 sets
- 8 runners in total. Comes with foil sticker.
- August release, 1,890 Yen (inclusive of tax).
Now thats interesting, I never thought that the sniper rifle had a pistol mode? i would of thought vulcan mode but not pistol mode.
Old 2010-06-01, 16:29   Link #5197
Calvin329
I fart GN Particles

Raphael and the Big Cannon? Toes. hurhurhur we're getting more info than I expected from the models :P

Quote:
* HG 1/144 00 Qan[T]
- Beam gimmick can be completely reproduced, blade edges are made of clear green parts, can be separated to reproduce the scene from the trailer.
- Special weapon GN Sword included. Mode change can be reproduced.
- Eyes, head, ears, and lens parts are made of clear parts.
- Bits can be removed, base of the binder is movable.
- Swing movement mechanism is inherited, enabling a broader range of articulation.
- Edges of the bit is made of AFX for safety considerations.
- Weapons: bits, GN Sword.
- 5 runners in total. Comes with foil sticker.
- August release, 1,680 Yen (inclusive of tax).
1. Beam gimmick? More Raiser System pewpew?
2. Mode change confirmed, I guess. Now we have to wait and see HOW it's done. XD
3. (Model question) Why are the ears moulded in clear parts?
Calvin329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 16:31   Link #5198
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Hm...."clone" eh?

I'm not gonna put much thought into the whole "toes" thing. The cannons do function as claws too, so that could just be them being movable.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2010-06-01 at 16:41.
Old 2010-06-01, 16:52   Link #5199
Haladflire65
*Artist

Wasn't sure where to post this but I came across these...

Spoiler for Models:
Old 2010-06-01, 16:54   Link #5200
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Yeah it's a bit old, from a few weeks ago.

Tags
gundam 00 movie