AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-08, 03:08   Link #721
kujoe
from head to heel

Yeah, it does sound kind of random. Hopefully the design of the entire thing will stay faithful to the original material: mature and dark. I doubt we'd be seeing big, moe eyes and such. Something like that Batman anime comes to mind.

I do wonder though, what the actual content is gong to be like. Dragon Age leaves a lot of the decision-making to the player, allowing it to be his or her personal story. Perhaps this anime will tie in to whatever is coming in 2011.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 03:14   Link #722
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Yeah, it does sound kind of random. Hopefully the design of the entire thing will stay faithful to the original material: mature and dark. I doubt we'd be seeing big, moe eyes and such. Something like that Batman anime comes to mind.

I do wonder though, what the actual content is gong to be like. Dragon Age leaves a lot of the decision-making to the player, allowing it to be his or her personal story. Perhaps this anime will tie in to whatever is coming in 2011.
That's actually what the naysayers are complaining about. That it's going to be filled with moe characters and I quote, one particular person I saw on the Bioware forums, "androgynous douchebags".

If I had to guess, it'll most likely be a side story, sort of like the comic that's being published right now, which deals with apostates more than the actual game's storyline. Slight chance it might deal with the novels.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 18:30   Link #723
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

As usual Bioware are keeping with their DLC options to print moneys ! :

Leliana's song

Hmmmm , meh ...

Where is DA 2 news ..
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 20:16   Link #724
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post

Leliana's song

Hmmmm , meh ...

Where is DA 2 news ..
Someone say something about Leliana?

*looks* w00t. -Sho- always brings the goodies to the table. :0 oh nom nom nom...

AWESOME! I get to play as Leliana.... But it has Marjospleen in it. c(=_= c) great...

As for the dragon age anime... Bring it! I just hope if they do add 'moe' it's in very little doses. Very. Little.

I want a DA anime that has potential and it's original way of working. i.e.: bloody and dark.

I don't want a DA adaption of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'm afraid would suck. :/
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 21:10   Link #725
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , the dlc will tell us more about Leliana's past .

"Assume the role of Leliana, a young bard involved in a criminal ring that deals in political secrets. Accompanying her mentor Marjolaine on a high-risk mission, Leliana soon finds herself entangled in a game of intrigue that she cannot escape with just her beauty, charm, or stealth. The only way out of this game is to kill or be killed."

As in the game , if you talk with her , she'll tell her past and then she did something horrible before to survive something like that (don't remember very well)

With this line we can see what it can be :

"The only way out of this game is to kill or be killed."

Also we know that Marjolaine will betray her .

DA anime hmmm i fear for the worse but who knows .
Old 2010-06-20, 12:03   Link #726
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Don't know if anyone here heard about this yet:

2 more episodes are bound to be released

Spoiler for the other 3 episodes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post

Leliana's song

Hmmmm , meh ...

Where is DA 2 news ..
Hmm the newer DLC is getting released very late, most of the hype is already over. I am not even bothering with the play as Dark Spawn ending DLC because the game is no longer on my pc to begin with.. (traded for ME2 =P )
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 17:19   Link #727
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Here the Trailer for Leliana's song :

Leliana with long hair ^^ and Marjobiatch .

For June 22 .
Old 2010-07-03, 17:37   Link #728
kujoe
from head to heel

Seems interesting. Definitely more interesting than Darkspawn Chronicles in my opinion, but I was actually hoping for an Orlesian setting... I guess that would have to wait. Perhaps in Dragon Age 2?

Hopefully, we'll get to see more prequel DLCs for other characters. Zevran and Sten also seem to have interesting back-stories. On the other hand, I'm not sure if Morrigan's past would be as adventurous, considering focus on her is more suited for the sequel.
Old 2010-07-03, 23:33   Link #729
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Seems interesting. Definitely more interesting than Darkspawn Chronicles in my opinion, but I was actually hoping for an Orlesian setting... I guess that would have to wait. Perhaps in Dragon Age 2?
An Orlesian setting would need a total redesign of decor, buildings, NPCs, and voices, since they're supposedly more on the aesthetically pleasant side of things. And a ton of french voice actors for that~ accent. It's too costly for just a small DLC.

Yeah, maybe Dragon Age 2. The epilogue for Awakenings did tease 2 possible locales for a sequel, for the Morrigan stalkers, Fantasy France Orlais and for the Orlesian Warden, Fantasy Iceland, Anderfels.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 23:46   Link #730
kujoe
from head to heel

Yeah, I also thought that DA 2 could possibly be heading off to Orlais, since DAO has made a lot of references to it compared to the other non-Fereldan regions.

It seems like an interesting place, being the centre of the Chantry's power and all. One wonders what Morrigan is really planning to do there...

Anderfels is an interesting place too. Here's hoping that the next game will have more varied settings and regions to visit.
Old 2010-07-04, 01:12   Link #731
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I wouldn't mind either.

Orlais, there will be more possible knowledge of the Chevalier and equipment relating to them. (Here's to hoping I get a halberd.)

If Anderfels = Duncan Donut's? Just a suggestion since I do believe Duncan was from The Anderfels...

I'm wondering how they will be able to tie everything together, though? That what has me both excited and worried.

Since the Archdemon already died, it may be an internal conflict or an invasion that may cause anarchy in either (in order for the story to take place.)
Old 2010-07-08, 06:23   Link #732
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

About time that we'll have more news about DA2 and the confirmation .

" To make things even more intriguing, BioWare teased over Twitter today that fans of the studio would be very happy tomorrow. Is the game getting a full reveal then? "

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/110/1104626p1.html

TOMORROW yeah hope for great news .
Old 2010-07-08, 09:00   Link #733
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

http://kotaku.com/5582189/dragon-age...n-all+new-game

Looks like there's a possibility that you won't be able to use 'Hero of Ferelden' for Dragon Age II. But hey, the original allowed us to start with 6 origin stories, so I want to be optimistic.

This time, I hope promo art equipment actually makes it into the game. The armour design tickles my Berserk fanboyism ( doesn't help there's no mod for the Berserker Armour in DA:O ) and it was disappointing at the same time how the streamlined Warden Armour from the CG trailers of the 1st game were all absent.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-07-08, 09:25   Link #734
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
The most important thing they need to add in DA2 is more character models and character customization options. Every five characters I stumbled upon looked the same, and even the player character didn't look any special at all besides it's tatoo.
Old 2010-07-08, 09:51   Link #735
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Indeed , need moar stuffs !! and more armor sets + amazing weapons design
Old 2010-07-08, 10:14   Link #736
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I want more origins. I want more character customization that doesn't act up when I want to add a stubble or a beard.

New armor and new weapons are a must.

-_-; they better add polearms as a weapon class. Seriously, I can count on one hand how many games allow polearms as a weapon in free-based combat. :|

I want meh HALBERD!

For some reason though, I'm dreading all this will be is a different storyline with the near-exact mechanics with only slight tweaks here and there.
Old 2010-07-08, 10:41   Link #737
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
As anyone who read through BioWare's forums should know, DA2 is going to have a predetermined character a la Mass Effect. You play as a man (or woman) named Hawke (it's the last name, confirmed by David Gaider himself). And you can't play any race other than human (confirmed via Chris Priestly). There are no Origins (though that was technically the first game's thing, which was why it was subtitled as such), your character is a survivor of the blight.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ndex/3052363/1
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 10:55   Link #738
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
As anyone who read through BioWare's forums should know, DA2 is going to have a predetermined character a la Mass Effect. You play as a man (or woman) named Hawke (it's the last name, confirmed by David Gaider himself). And you can't play any race other than human (confirmed via Chris Priestly). There are no Origins (though that was technically the first game's thing, which was why it was subtitled as such), your character is a survivor of the blight.
Pre-established backstory, pre-established race, and only gender choices.

Sounds like they're going the Mass Effect route to tighten up the narrative for a more cinematic Dragon Age experience. And to shorten development cycle, I guess.

It's not going to sit well with everyone, but I like this.

Old 2010-07-08, 10:58   Link #739
Who

Ooh, the first picture that greeted me on the DA website looks very, very nice (if I'm not mistaken, that's a spear/halberd type weapon which wasn't present in the original). I'm not too annoyed at the pre-established stuff aside from the Warden not returning. Looking forward to more developments.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 11:07   Link #740
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

My, they are making it restrictive. I can't bother with Bioware forum since it takes too long to load.

That's comforting and discomforting all at once. I suppose long as they make the customization much more detailed I can live with it - since I prefer human over Elf or Dwarf.

Quote:
Ooh, the first picture that greeted me on the DA website looks very, very nice (if I'm not mistaken, that's a spear/halberd type weapon which wasn't present in the original)
Show me this picture.

At once.

Last edited by Arbitres; 2010-07-08 at 12:52.

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360