http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._8318810_n.jpg
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 15:28   Link #6842
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I was a bit doubtful whether the trans-am was going to be in use by the ESF at the time of the movie due safety reasons. After all Billy's original version that had Graham spitting up blood after using it and given Ribbons could switch bodies and he was using it mainly to power up his kamikaze Gaga it left me a bit skeptical as to whether or not the system was going to a viable option.
Billy's original Trans-AM wasn't the cause of Graham's damage, that was the fault of the mobile suit itself, and Graham knew fully well what would happen. We've been shown time and time again that he is willing to put aside safety devices and his own life in order to win against the Gundams. He wanted the strongest sword and the fastest mobile suit, and he didn't care if it was dangerous to use if it meant having the speed needed to defeat Setsuna.
Old 2010-09-04, 15:33   Link #6843
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Don't take me for an idiot, I know the poison issue was fixed. Perhaps I think an army of MS should function a better way, or maybe I don't like the idea of TA being used on countless NON suicide MS. It's just not practical IMO.
I was just showcasing how Tau Drives have been improved over time since they have first appeared. The current wreckage is a disadvantage and if they have indeed fixed it and it makes TA a very valuable weapon. Because Taus have been improved since we've seen them, there's no telling that they have not been upgraded again this time since it has been another two years. Even Original Drives get upgraded with their new Chassis and stabiliser components over time although these are relatively minor and only affect output compared to the addition of TA and non poisonous of the Taus which are more fundamental upgrades.

Still, having TA equipped doesn't mean using it all the time. It just means that the pilot has the option to utilise it if he wants to in a given situation.

Trans Am has always been a risk weapon anyways. The Original Gundams may keep their Drives but they're severely weakened due to loss of the Condenser stocks and reduced particle output rate of the Drive. So even when the Meisters use it they have to assess the situation to see whether its a good idea to use TA at a given time. The GN-X pilots will have to do that as well with their weaknesses in mind too.

Its very useful in a one on one fight against an opponent that does not have it though since the overwhelming power it provides can really ensure a extreme chance of victory.

Quote:
I was a bit doubtful whether the trans-am was going to be in use by the ESF at the time of the movie due safety reasons. After all Billy's original version that had Graham spitting up blood after using it and given Ribbons could switch bodies and he was using it mainly to power up his kamikaze Gaga it left me a bit skeptical as to whether or not the system was going to a viable option.
Graham always has split blood because of the G-Forces thing. He may have chosen to not include the G-Dampeners again like he did with the Custom Flag.

Its just a power upgrade, its not going to be dangerous to use and its an upgrade of all spec mainly, and that just includes speed and mobility. The Meisters can handle it no problem as well.

Quote:
I think it is but I could be wrong.
Old 2010-09-04, 15:37   Link #6844
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Its very useful in a one on one fight against an opponent that does not have it though since the overwhelming power it provides can really ensure a extreme chance of victory.
And to drive this point home with an example: Setsuna vs. Ali. Ali was, for a long time, the 00verse's most skilled and dangerous pilot and he only became more dangerous when he got a Gundam of his own. But even for all his skill, he could not overcome Trans-AM--when it was first used, Setsuna curb-stomped him. In their last fight, when Setsuna used Trans-AM, he destroyed the Arche Gundam.
Old 2010-09-04, 16:12   Link #6845
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Then again, there is yet another issue that we need to consider when talking about Trans-Am. The equipment. Specific equipment types can further enhance Trans-Am effect or even make the overwhelming advantage even more monstrous then it was before. Fangs for example. The ability to deploy them in battle is in itself one fo the greatest advantages an MS can have.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 16:44   Link #6846
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Graham always has split blood because of the G-Forces thing. He may have chosen to not include the G-Dampeners again like he did with the Custom Flag.

Its just a power upgrade, its not going to be dangerous to use and its an upgrade of all spec mainly, and that just includes speed and mobility. The Meisters can handle it no problem as well.

I think it is but I could be wrong.
Sonic your wrong about one thing it would be dangerous to use if the speed increase caused by trans-am exceeds the G-force dampeners capabilities by too much. Heck if it was by enough it could reduce the pilot to nothing more then a stain on the seat doubtful that would but possible. Also with Meisters we don't know how ESF G-force dampeners compare to CB the ESF technology is behind CB and dampeners just strike me as something that wouldn't be of much concern to Ribbons what with the being able to switch bodies and viewing that work for him as replaceable pawns.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 16:47   Link #6847
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Sonic your wrong about one thing it would be dangerous to use if the speed increase caused by trans-am exceeds the G-force dampeners capabilities by too much. Heck if it was by enough it could reduce the pilot to nothing more then a stain on the seat doubtful that would but possible. Also with Meisters we don't know how ESF G-force dampeners compare to CB the ESF technology is behind CB and dampeners just strike me as something that wouldn't be of much concern to Ribbons what with the being able to switch bodies and viewing that work for him as replaceable pawns.
That's the point we're making, Fan. Graham's already willing to do away with such safety procedures in order to win. Graham survived the G-forces simply because he needed to; technically speaking, the maiden flight of the original GN-Flag should've liquefied him before he ever reached the Exia.
Old 2010-09-04, 17:05   Link #6848
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
In addition, Graham was the only guy willing to do that also. Also have to take into account how he's a bit injured and sick in S2 than he was in S1 after what the Tau Particles did to him. Perhaps still good but probably not perfect and he was already crazy enough to request the taking off the G-Dampeners as well with his Custom Flag when the other pilots of the Overflags did not dare to do so.

But likely, the Trans Am is unlikely to exert more force than the Custom Flag at 12Gs max anyways so whatever they would have experienced in the GN-X IV would have been less relatively speaking compared to that. And even that 12Gs on the Flags could be reduced with conventional technology. Once you add in more advanced GN technology in the mix it will improve even further. Graham's insistance on using power though, makes him request all out for full sword and speed all the way with no restrictions and divert everything else to these 2.

By the way, the GN-X IV has Innovator faction technology integrated into it and the Innovator frame technology is already more advanced than CB's in S2. Even they developed theirs from Cb's data in the first place (and they themselves are part of the organisation technically, being a different faction thats been monitoring. So they're technically part of the larger macro organisartion from way back thats been helping with the developement). Since the Meisters have no problem handling any of the Gs in the 3rd Gens, whatever the Innovator technology holds would be much better.
Old 2010-09-04, 17:09   Link #6849
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The only machine of Celestial Being's that had any kind of issue concerning G-Forces was the 00-Raiser at its maximum speed without Trans-AM, and even then that force wasn't enough to kill the pilots. And when it entered Trans-AM, it seemed to enhance whatever G-dampeners there were, as Setsuna and Saji were no longer affected by the G-Forces the 00-Raiser was exerting.
Old 2010-09-04, 17:20   Link #6850
Kittenlady

Has this been posted yet?
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 17:53   Link #6851
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The only machine of Celestial Being's that had any kind of issue concerning G-Forces was the 00-Raiser at its maximum speed without Trans-AM, and even then that force wasn't enough to kill the pilots. And when it entered Trans-AM, it seemed to enhance whatever G-dampeners there were, as Setsuna and Saji were no longer affected by the G-Forces the 00-Raiser was exerting.
Other than that, I recall the Avalanche Exia may have minor issues regarding it. It mentions that the Avalanche Exia can only dash around for 10 minutes total before its Condensers are depleted but the profile also saying that a pilot would not be able to take much more longer that either so its not really a coincidental bad limit.

I think Kyrios and Arios may have some issue regarding this considering how often it will accelerate and stop but Al should not have much problem with Kyrios being a supersoldier. Not neecessarily an issue but probably the closest still.

Kyrios Gust should be the fastest suit I know though in the series by estimation (since it possesses the ability to reach escape velocity) though I don't think there's any mention about G-Force issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittenlady View Post
Not to my knowledge it hasn't.
Old 2010-09-04, 19:34   Link #6852
Kitaeryu

I was wondering, how is Zabanya pronounced (or at least, how do YOU pronounce it)?
Is it Za - ban - nya or is it Za - ban - i - ya?
I couldn't think of anywhere to post this. Thanks in advance =D
Old 2010-09-04, 19:52   Link #6853
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Is it me, or am I seeing linearts for undisclosoed MS and or ELS?

EDIT: Nevermind.
Old 2010-09-04, 19:59   Link #6854
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Is it me, or am I seeing linearts for undisclosoed MS and or ELS?
One of them (particularly, the phamplet under the Raphael model) looked like a lineart of the Raphael's backpack. But the other phamplets were lineart images of the 00 Gundam and the 00 Qan[T] from older images we've seen: the 00 hovering over Setsuna, and the common profile view of the 00 Qan[T].
Old 2010-09-04, 20:00   Link #6855
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
One of them (particularly, the phamplet under the Raphael model) looked like a lineart of the Raphael's backpack. But the other phamplets were lineart images of the 00 Gundam and the 00 Qan[T] from older images we've seen: the 00 hovering over Setsuna, and the common profile view of the 00 Qan[T].
Yeah I took a closer look, nothing special. *sigh*
Old 2010-09-04, 20:51   Link #6856
GundamFan

I had a question about the Brave command model did anyone ever hear anything more about whether it has 2 drives or a TDS?
Also we got to look on the bright side the movie is just 2 weeks out and with internet will be getting information pretty quick afterwards.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 20:53   Link #6857
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
I had a question about the Brave command model did anyone ever hear anything more about whether it has 2 drives or a TDS?
Also we got to look on the bright side the movie is just 2 weeks out and with internet will be getting information pretty quick afterwards.
It has two GN Drives, but it's still not known if they're part of a TDS.
Old 2010-09-04, 21:59   Link #6858
bio9205
Reborn

I guess it's Za-ba-nia. That's how I pronounce it, anyway.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 22:16   Link #6859
Calvin329
I fart GN Particles

I say Za-ban-ya.

(the ya being the y sound of "yeah", or just how you would answer "yes" to someone by saying "ya")

LOL... Za-ban-ya. If that's how you spell it, that's how you pronounce it, I guess...
Calvin329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 04:24   Link #6860
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Wow, this is like my dreams come true. IF only they had an actual prop from the show to exhibit not just only Meister suits (Like Innovator @ A-Laws suits & Ptolemy interior designs).
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam 00 movie