AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-12, 17:45   Link #21
'Pryde
I am better than you

Nice sword octomermaid i think zoro will take that! Thank you.
Old 2011-01-12, 18:15   Link #22
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Also bit sad how Big Mom seems to be Lola's mother, which means that Luffy has not 1, but 2 allies with the Yonkou (or 3, if you include WB's former crew).

Don't worry, there's still Kaidou and, of course, Blackbeard (who's almost guaranteed to have taken Whitebeard's place as an emperor during the skip).

Anyway, I'm sure there will soon be an onslaught of "OMG MADAM SHIRLEY 4 NAKAMA!!!" posts, because who wouldn't want a hot mer-seer to join Luffy? And she'd prove to be incredibly useful by predicting the outcomes of future battles/events, the lottery (for Nami, obviously), and further shortening poor Sanji's life whenever she's close by!

No, scratch that.... I recall that in the last chapter thread I brought up the idea of the new crewmember being whoever saved Sanji's life. Well, I guess that settles it, then: SPLASH AND SPLATTER FOR NAKAMA!
Old 2011-01-12, 18:31   Link #23
james0246

I have to say, Hyozou's design is superb. The design by itself makes up for the awful poop joke in this chapter. (And Sanji's blood suppliers almost make up for the sheer silliness of his situation (almost, but not quite).)
Old 2011-01-12, 18:35   Link #24
marvelB

^Yeah, Hyozou does look awesome. Plus, he even carries around a flask, which is usually the sign of a badass martial artist/swordsman (which reminds me, how come Zoro doesn't do that? He's rather fond of booze himself, after all.....).
Old 2011-01-12, 19:37   Link #25
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
I predict that the fortuneteller's omen will be resolved very unclimactically. (ie. it was actually someone else in straw hat, or some technicalitiy prevents it from happening)
Old 2011-01-12, 19:59   Link #26
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

I dont see how Luffy has a "ripped" straw hat. Sure, it's a little frayed around the edges and stuff but its not ripped..
But if someone did rip Luffy's hat, later on in the arc, then I could imagine him going berserk and accidentaly destroying Fishman Island or something?

Usopps face when he see's Brook with the mermaids XD priceless!
Old 2011-01-13, 00:14   Link #27
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Big Mom claiming Fishman Island as her territory is interesting. I like how she's not such a benevolent person, as she demands payment in the form of sweets for her services.

Luffy invoking the wrath of Big Mom would be detrimental to him and his crew. However, if she really is Lola's mother, this is where Nami would play the role of mediator. Recall that Lola gave Nami a vivre card that would lead to her mother as a token of gratitude for the SH pirates retrieving the shadows Moria stole. Nami would tell Big Mom about that, and thus she would be willing to forgive Luffy for his outrageous actions at Fishman Island.
Old 2011-01-13, 00:36   Link #28
marvelB

^Ah yes, I figured I'd be seeing your input sooner or later. So, what do you think of the first non-fodder member of Hody Jones' crew?
Old 2011-01-13, 01:45   Link #29
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Hmmm, I like your idea, primarily because it ends up with the Mermaid Princess being a crewmate (I want another woman to balance the ratio a bit, besides there's too many DF users, a great swimmer would be great). Still, falling in love with Luffy has already been done with Hancock, doing it again seems a bit of a rehash.
Agreed on the swimmer part

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Also bit sad how Big Mom seems to be Lola's mother, which means that Luffy has not 1, but 2 allies with the Yonkou (or 3, if you include WB's former crew).
Who's Lola again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, I'm sure there will soon be an onslaught of "OMG MADAM SHIRLEY 4 NAKAMA!!!" posts, because who wouldn't want a hot mer-seer to join Luffy? And she'd prove to be incredibly useful by predicting the outcomes of future battles/events, the lottery (for Nami, obviously), and further shortening poor Sanji's life whenever she's close by!
Well, if the new member is a mermaid, then he/she should be over 30 already, otherwise it'll be hard for on-land adventure later. In this case, it does seem that Shirley is the best candidiate (at the moment at least). But Oda can always opt in for a fishman...

Quote:
^Yeah, Hyozou does look awesome. Plus, he even carries around a flask, which is usually the sign of a badass martial artist/swordsman .
FF X's Auron everyone?
Old 2011-01-13, 04:13   Link #30
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
^ 3 words on google might help 'one', 'piece', 'lola'...
Spoiler for woman:
Old 2011-01-13, 04:18   Link #31
valk0v

Quote:
Hey! So that's the thanks I get for providing the chapters when Marvel is out lazing around? Just goes to show how inconsiderate some people are...
Sorry man, i didn't mean to offend you. Continue with the good work

Nice chapter. The one to destroy the island will definitely be Vander Decken - in the wanted poster he also has a straw hat.
The swordsman has a big ego "i accidentally poison him i he's gonna die" - it's like "I'm super strong and killed that supernova with ease"
Old 2011-01-13, 07:26   Link #32
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Fish people must be painfully weak if they have to be protected by other pirates even though they can control sea kings.
Old 2011-01-13, 09:14   Link #33
game2007

The Okamas are humans, not mermaid. And BTW, I think that this woman is Lola's mom:
<snip>
She's the one fourth one from the left.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-01-13 at 11:43. Reason: do not post links to licensed materials...
Old 2011-01-13, 11:18   Link #34
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
The Okamas are humans, not mermaid. And BTW, I think that this woman is Lola's mom:
<snip>
She's the one fourth one from the left.
Except I'm sure someone would've noticed there being 2 Yonkous at Marineford.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan

Last edited by james0246; 2011-01-13 at 11:44. Reason: do not quote posts with links to licensed materials...
Old 2011-01-13, 11:29   Link #35
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I dont see how Luffy has a "ripped" straw hat. Sure, it's a little frayed around the edges and stuff but its not ripped..
Van der Decken has a ripped strawhat.

Oda made it too obvious
Old 2011-01-13, 12:39   Link #36
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
^Ah yes, I figured I'd be seeing your input sooner or later. So, what do you think of the first non-fodder member of Hody Jones' crew?
Hyouzou is a BADASS . Not only is his design awesome, but his nonchalant attitude and Luffy's acknowledgement of his strength are a dead giveaway that he's no pushover. Successfully blocking Luffy's Gear 2 attack and managing to poison him (thoughtlessly at that, which is all the more impressive) simultaneously; there aren't many capable of such an outstanding feat. I LOVE it .
Old 2011-01-13, 12:39   Link #37
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
^Yeah, Hyozou does look awesome. Plus, he even carries around a flask, which is usually the sign of a badass martial artist/swordsman (which reminds me, how come Zoro doesn't do that? He's rather fond of booze himself, after all.....).
agree, a badass swordsman needs to either blind, one arm or drunk.
Old 2011-01-13, 14:50   Link #38
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Fish people must be painfully weak if they have to be protected by other pirates even though they can control sea kings.

The fishfolk being (physically) weak isn't really the issue here (remember, we were told as far back as the Arlong arc that these guys are naturally stronger than humans from birth). It's just that the persecution they receive from humans puts them in a pretty bad position, especially since the so-called "inferior" race outnumbers them in the first place. Without the protection of a major force like the emperors, any number of people from the surface world can just waltz to their island and raise as much hell as they want (imagine if the slave trade we saw at Sabaody was much more widespread than at that particular area of the Grand Line. Consequences like THAT would occur if the merpeople don't seek outside help). So basically, you just have to look at things from the merpeoples' perspective.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Hyouzou is a BADASS . Not only is his design awesome, but his nonchalant attitude and Luffy's acknowledgement of his strength are a dead giveaway that he's no pushover. Successfully blocking Luffy's Gear 2 attack and managing to poison him (thoughtlessly at that, which is all the more impressive) simultaneously; there aren't many capable of such an outstanding feat. I LOVE it .

Yep, I agree 100%! However, some people like james still seem to doubt the guy's strength even though Oda's given us a couple of pretty strong hints that he will be a boss character (maybe because they still believe this will be a short arc....). But I think at least the both of us know better, eh? Now let's see if Van der Decken's crew has some heavy hitters amongst them, as well. Maybe that goofy-lookin' sea giant is part of the crew's upper tier......
Old 2011-01-13, 16:52   Link #39
james0246

^I doubted Hyouzou when all we had was ohana's spoiler. After seeing an actual picture of the Swordsmen, and admitting how much I love the design, I am more than willing to admit that the early spoiler (and my interpretation) did not do the character justice.

That being said, his design also makes me hope this arc is longer than I originally thought. We now have 4 seemingly compotent forces working toward their own goals (The Neptune royalty; the New Fishman Pirates; Van der Decken; and the Strawhats), which could boil over into something very interesting. I just hope Oda drops these awful Luffy and Sanji jokes since they are drastically decreasing my enjoyment of the chapters...
Old 2011-01-13, 17:50   Link #40
Xacual

The only thing that really surprised me about this chapter was Fishman Island being under Big Mam's protection. I really expected Shanks to do that.

Otherwise I kind of hope the prediction is about Luffy and not Van Der Decken. I think it would be more amusing if it is a misunderstanding of events like some others in the topic have mentioned.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Closed Thread