Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-06, 08:09   Link #721
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleo1 View Post
If I understand ANN correctly, xxxHolic itself won't end, just the Rou arc.
How I wish that was true. Based on the how they developed the maturity of Watanuki though it'd be hard to include Yuuko again in the series. Plus CLAMP's about to start GATE 7 so they probably think its the perfect time to end xxxHolic.
Old 2011-02-06, 08:49   Link #722
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Even if it's end, there's a possibility that Watanuki and the other will make a cameo based on their ability to travels between worlds

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 03:25   Link #723
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Uuuuuuuuuuuuggghh...

Spoiler for 213 (END):

A bit disappointed, but I guess I'll have to read future t/l's to know what exactly was going on.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-09, 05:30   Link #724
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Sure it felt rushed, though it could have ended at any point since the series went monthly. It's a fitting ending though, so i'm pretty pleased. Feelings will probably change though after i read the translation.
Old 2011-02-09, 11:40   Link #725
lann

Ok, so now that its all over, what are most significant questions that still need answering? I'm not just talking about xxxHolic, but Tsubasa as well.
Spoiler for Tsubasa ending:
lann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 12:47   Link #726
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

just finish last chapter.

Clamp is trolling us
Old 2011-02-09, 14:09   Link #727
Nemuru

Spoiler for ....:

Last edited by Nemuru; 2011-02-09 at 14:23.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 02:59   Link #728
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Wait, so the person that's with Watanuki in this chapter is Doumeki's great grand son? Jeez, talk about a huge time skip. I really hope this isn't the end of holic
Old 2011-02-10, 03:45   Link #729
Kenn
Stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Wait, so the person that's with Watanuki in this chapter is Doumeki's great grand son? Jeez, talk about a huge time skip. I really hope this isn't the end of holic
If I'm correct, when Watanuki tells that to Doumeki, isn't he referring to the great grandfather that visits Watanuki in the dreams?

That's pretty confusing considering they were talking about waiting 100 years or something along that line... I'm confusing myself now.

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 04:50   Link #730
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenn View Post
If I'm correct, when Watanuki tells that to Doumeki, isn't he referring to the great grandfather that visits Watanuki in the dreams?

That's pretty confusing considering they were talking about waiting 100 years or something along that line... I'm confusing myself now.
Uhm, no.

He says to the person in the last scene "you really do look, just like him (...) Your great-grandfather."
And on the next page he adds, "Well, he looked just like his grandfather himself."

Obviously, the "he" in question refers to Doumeki. Watanuki even stated that he inherited the store more than a hundred years ago, which means that the original cast has already passed away and in the meantime, he had gained enough power to break the rule of confinement.
Old 2011-02-10, 06:42   Link #731
Eleutheria
旅行癖

You're right - very big time skip, and a very unsatisfying ending.
Old 2011-02-10, 08:32   Link #732
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Is this like a hiatus or they got bored explaining anything. Seems both to me. I'm very dissapointed CLAMP. Working for this for 8 years then just "hiatus" it again like all the others. You could've given it an epic not making any sense ending like Tsubasa but nooooo... stick to hiatus. I hope the Rou OVA will have a more conclusive ending.
Old 2011-02-10, 08:41   Link #733
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

It's strange this ending to such a long stoy....Am feeling they might resume it under another title.

It doesn't feel finished at first glance....then again, I might need to look deeper again.
Old 2011-02-10, 08:42   Link #734
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Is this like a hiatus or they got bored explaining anything. Seems both to me. I'm very dissapointed CLAMP. Working for this for 8 years then just "hiatus" it again like all the others. You could've given it an epic not making any sense ending like Tsubasa but nooooo... stick to hiatus. I hope the Rou OVA will have a more conclusive ending.
I don't think it's a hiatus...I think this is it.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 08:47   Link #735
Freeter
beyond

The hell did I just read? Not a single word from Yuuko, no Kohane or Himawari, and now random timeskip out of nowhere? Not only was this unsatisfying, it's downright infuriating. It's almost enough to make me shun any future CLAMP works entirely (yeah, I'm looking at you, Gate 7).

Kobato better not suffer the same fate as this mess.
Old 2011-02-10, 14:49   Link #736
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
just finish last chapter.

Clamp is trolling us
Agreed. How very unsatisfying.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 16:00   Link #737
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Why is it that Clamp mangas always have such interesting premises, only to inevitably go downhill. Holic became much less interesting once Yuuko was gone.
Their endings are the worst I know, no matter whether they're good or bad. All of them are just so.. unsatisfying. Like they simply stopped caring.

I don't think I'll ever read another Clamp manga again.

Sigh.. the OVAs are still going on right? I wonder when the next one is coming and if they'll fix this mess.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 16:29   Link #738
Field of Lilies

So... let's see if I understand this correctly. Watanuki finally meets Yuuko in a dream, but not really. It's not that she came to his dream, but rather that she had a dream which he is now seeing. A premonition(?) of Yuuko's where she signals him he can now freely leave the store (the caged bird following the butterfly). The rest of the supporting cast are all dead, and Doumeki's offspring has inherited his task, including guardianship of the egg. Aaaaand that's it.

I suppose that ever since Rou started the series' overarching plot has been about Watanuki growing in his role as the shopkeeper and meeting Yuuko again. I guess we got some resolution on the shopkeeper part (he's free to leave the store but will still have to run it), but the Yuuko part? Even when going for the 'just in a dream' approach, no dialogue? No sage advice? Really? And that's just when talking about the main plot, let's not get into Himwari not even being shown for the entire duration of Rou.

I want to be angry, but I'm just disappointed
Field of Lilies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 01:35   Link #739
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

I think that this was meant to provoke rage. Or at least leave the door open for the future, the way Tsubasa's ending did...

The way the switch was done was rather interesting in retrospect - given the lack of name usage in the past few chapters... either we're forced to conclude that the Doumeki at the start of Chapter 213 is Shizuka, and this one at the end is his descendant (which means Watanuki's been sleeping a VERY long time), or else that anything from after 210 or so has been with Doumeki's great-grand. And that everyone's been dead for quite a while... but Watanuki's learned to cope with the death of others.

One other thing to note is something from Chapter 201...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Haesslich; 2011-02-11 at 01:59.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 02:57   Link #740
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Rage, lots of it.
Though I want more, I suppose it is what makes a great series unique.

Tags
fantasy, seinen