AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-10, 08:56   Link #1121
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

The ANN article says that they're thinking about a second season, not that it's actually going to happen. At this point I feel like they do have enough for at least a one cour second season (taking out Oroborus), guess this means that Tiger is going to get his powers back somehow after all. :P
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 09:15   Link #1122
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
The ANN article says that they're thinking about a second season, not that it's actually going to happen. At this point I feel like they do have enough for at least a one cour second season (taking out Oroborus), guess this means that Tiger is going to get his powers back somehow after all. :P
Although I predict that Tiger will get his powers back, I think him not getting his powers back is a far more interesting situation.

I could see a second season with a powerless Tiger now in Maverick's job, trying to run the Heroes organization with the intent of redeeming it from its shady past. Kaede comes to the city to attend the Heroes academy, earns a spot on the Junior team, giving Daddy all sorts of worry-induced heart palpitations as she goes out on assignments. Meanwhile, his relationship with the other heroes changes because once they were his co-workers and now are his employees and no one quite knows how to handle the change in status. On top of all that, Tiger still has the desire to jump in and help fight the bad guys whether he's capable of helping or not. I think that scenario would be quite interesting to explore. The writers have shown that they could do it justice if they wanted to.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 10:52   Link #1123
Maverick05

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Although I predict that Tiger will get his powers back, I think him not getting his powers back is a far more interesting situation.

I could see a second season with a powerless Tiger now in Maverick's job, trying to run the Heroes organization with the intent of redeeming it from its shady past. Kaede comes to the city to attend the Heroes academy, earns a spot on the Junior team, giving Daddy all sorts of worry-induced heart palpitations as she goes out on assignments. Meanwhile, his relationship with the other heroes changes because once they were his co-workers and now are his employees and no one quite knows how to handle the change in status. On top of all that, Tiger still has the desire to jump in and help fight the bad guys whether he's capable of helping or not. I think that scenario would be quite interesting to explore. The writers have shown that they could do it justice if they wanted to.
I like that premise.....yet I think the Tiger & Bunny director said in Otakon that he wants the extra season to fill up the 10 months time skip he did after ep. 13. But as someone said earlier, this series has everything to become a franchise, so anything can happen.

And about Kaede, I wonder if Kotetsu would like to get her into Hero Academy and get a sexy bombshell/pop idol hero; or better send her to China and get a tomboy hero.
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 11:56   Link #1124
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I definitely don't see Kotetsu as the administrator type. Yet I also think a second season would be far more interesting if he loses his powers after all.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 12:01   Link #1125
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I definitely don't see Kotetsu as the administrator type. Yet I also think a second season would be far more interesting if he loses his powers after all.
Oh, I definitely don't see Kotetsu as the administrator type either. He would certainly try his best however. He would screw up royally nearly every time but somehow manage to come through (mostly by accident) when it really mattered though. That's part of why I want to put him in the job. I admit it's a little sadistic of me but I like overwhelmed and slightly incompetent Kotetsu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick05 View Post
I like that premise.....yet I think the Tiger & Bunny director said in Otakon that he wants the extra season to fill up the 10 months time skip he did after ep. 13.
Personally, I think it would be a let down if they chose that option. It's not hard to guess what happened during those 10 missing months. I don't need it detailed for me. I would much rather see a storyline going forward with or without Kotetsu's powers than to see a storyline that becomes a repeat of season 1. Of course, they could make interesting stories to fill up the missing time. But we would already know where the overall story must end up. (The ever-present danger that goes with any prequel story.)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2011-08-10 at 12:09. Reason: added second comment
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 12:44   Link #1126
Maverick05

I will love to see what happened in those 10 months. Yet you are right about the dangers of a prequel.

It would be nice if they make a 6-10 episode OVA just to flex out some characters, and then they can continue with the next season.

I just hope we see more heroes in each episode, since I feel the scriptwriters/producers have openned too many threats and too much Bunny-in-distress.

I need more comedy/slice of life/crazy "girls" trio to sweeten up this last episode.
Old 2011-08-10, 13:11   Link #1127
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Oh I totally agree that Tiger losing his powers for good would make for a more interesting story but I doubt that's going to happen (I still want to know if it means anything that the first time his powers went wonky he glowed orange instead of blue). And if there is a second season I hope that some of the other heroes get a little more screen time as well, true they aren't the main characters but I really do like the whole cast pretty well.
Old 2011-08-10, 15:25   Link #1128
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-3297.html

I don't know but it says that the season is being "planned", and that they're having a live event or something on September 17th, which is when the finale of this season will begin. There's a couple of notes in there about revenue, which suggests Sunrise is talking to shareholders to see if they're willing to shell out more cash for this. The season is not actually confirmed yet...but it's looking super super likely.

Anyway I wonder will they have their own OVA which it's focused on the mutual characters instead like Fire Emblem, Blue Rose, Origami Cyclone & so on?
Would a second season still be T&B, or, I don't know, Blue Rose and Dragon Kid?

I'm honestly not that curious about the time skip. Everything went well and they rose to the top. What more do we need?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 16:34   Link #1129
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Would a second season still be T&B, or, I don't know, Blue Rose and Dragon Kid?

I'm honestly not that curious about the time skip. Everything went well and they rose to the top. What more do we need?
Agreed.

Since we know all the important details of what happened (and what didn't happen) during the time skip, episodes within that time frame would probably not hold much interest or drama for me.

I actually kind of like the idea of "(Blue) "Rose and Dragon" (Kid), though. Seeing the female version of a buddy cop team might be fun.
Old 2011-08-12, 14:43   Link #1130
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
New info;

Spoiler:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 22:33   Link #1131
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Have you guys seen this?

Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 00:25   Link #1132
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

So, anybody want to buy the T&B cologne?

I'd totally buy it...if I wasn't a girl. I mean, I can't wear men's fragance... :/

And dammit Sunrise, you can't fool me! D: Tiger's cologne is Kenzo! >
.x.crii.x. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 03:24   Link #1133
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Have you guys seen this?

Not yet but I immediately thought grown up Kaede.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 06:42   Link #1134
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
more released spoilers

Spoiler for notes and about future episodes:

Spoiler for more and slightly more detailed in concern of the next episode:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 12:17   Link #1135
Maverick05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Not yet but I immediately thought grown up Kaede.
Same here....but I also feeling a death flag for Kotetsu somewhere in there.

Also, I am starting to feel that the second season will be "Dragon and Tiger", as the veteran/rookie combo.
Old 2011-08-13, 12:50   Link #1136
ookamigirl

Bunny is seriously depressed over that whole my-parents-were-killed thing so poor Tiger can't quit just yet and Bunny isn't the easiest person to be around.
Things got seriously heated up with the revelation at the end.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 15:22   Link #1137
~BC~

Spoiler for episode 20:
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 17:58   Link #1138
GermaphobicBear

Spoiler for ep. 20:
GermaphobicBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 19:09   Link #1139
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Damn it, Sunrise. Can't you make a good, original "lighthearted" anime without ruining it with a dark second half?
Old 2011-08-13, 19:27   Link #1140
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Spoiler for episode 20:

Scarfie!

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere