AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-04-25, 09:15   Link #13361
Westlo
Lets be reality

Was nice to see Medaka and Kumagawa in the "Protagonists VS Rival" cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigantz22 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Westlo; 2013-04-25 at 09:29.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 09:31   Link #13362
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
One has to wonder, though. How do Zen's Zero's fit into all that? He has skills, but his mentality and such is neither plus nor minus.

Because a Zero is basically a skill to have that exact same description apply to Zenkichi when he was a teenager.
Devil Style neutralized fate and Model Zenkichi simply allowed Zenkichi to perceive his own limits.

So how did he lose that?
TBF Zenkichi's abilities weren't really abilities let alone his, in a world where plus and minus abilities barely exist so don't have any effect on fate, then Devil style is always in effect, after percieving your limits after a period of time you know your limits and you could figure out those limits through hardwork anyway. Those abilities don't really do anything for Zenkichi anymore he already lives in world he always wanted, where hardwork determines most of the success a person achieves.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 10:03   Link #13363
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thth View Post
Shit happens. That's all the explanation needed lol.
Or he doesn't give a shit anymore, take you pick
Aw, do I have to choose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take
TBF Zenkichi's abilities weren't really abilities let alone his, in a world where plus and minus abilities barely exist so don't have any effect on fate, then Devil style is always in effect, after percieving your limits after a period of time you know your limits and you could figure out those limits through hardwork anyway. Those abilities don't really do anything for Zenkichi anymore he already lives in world he always wanted, where hardwork determines most of the success a person achieves.
I don't really understand your wording, but are you saying that he lost both his skills because they became redundant?

Because that would be the explanation I'd use. Kinda like how, even though Parasite Seeing is a skill compatible with his personality, it ultimately became redundant to him during the election, because he didn't need it to understand people completely anymore(hence the speech).
Old 2013-04-25, 10:10   Link #13364
[HearT]

Well as far as endings go, it wasn't bad. it was a fun series, and I'll miss it, this series definitely had some great characters so it'll be sad to see them go, ah well.

tho I'm a little anal that we never found out fully what happened in Junior High...or what Fukurou was going to say before he got sliced in half...
Old 2013-04-25, 10:42   Link #13365
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Th last pic was nice, I noticed that both Medaka and Zen were wearing the presidents armband, till the end he managed to spend beside Medaka as equals.
Old 2013-04-25, 10:44   Link #13366
akron88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation View Post
Also count me in on the dislike for the Japanese obsession with thinking adolescence/teenage years are apparently the best part of a life span that lasts decades. But that is largely due to their culture and how screwed up things get beyond their teenage years in society. So if nothing else, I do understand why they never seem to let that period of life go.
Never have truer words been spoken. It's a given any work set in those years will try to ram an overstated nostalgia down your mouth at the end. But yeah, it's a representation of the hard life japanese expect after it (ffs, they're all thinking about marrying at 23!), someone should do a thesis about it it's truly something pertaining to them, and we aren't as able to "get" that feeling, being westeners.
akron88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 10:47   Link #13367
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by '[HearT
tho I'm a little anal that we never found out fully what happened in Junior High...or what Fukurou was going to say before he got sliced in half...
Oh, thank God. I'm not the only one!

I also have to mention, that besides that, we never found out Nienami's deal.

But, I'm sure this series was canned, so it makes sense that Nishio had to rush an ending and leave all of those open.
Old 2013-04-25, 10:53   Link #13368
Jetzero Infinity

Ya know this suddenly occured to me but I'm kind of curious...what would happen if Medaka and Zen's duel ended in a tie? Knowing how they are I can't imagine they'd be satisfied and just get married anyway
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 12:50   Link #13369
ccie20012

wonderful ending. I'm happy.
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 13:28   Link #13370
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
Well as far as endings go, it wasn't bad. it was a fun series, and I'll miss it, this series definitely had some great characters so it'll be sad to see them go, ah well.

There's the Fanbook
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 17:16   Link #13371
Last Carpet

And so it ends.

sigh

So many ups and downs.

Wonder what their next project will be?
Hope there's ecchi in it

I'll stick around for GLK and the fanbook info.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 20:33   Link #13372
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I don't really get alot of this stuff about skills going away and such but in the end... they where just suffering from chuunibyou right?
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 22:18   Link #13373
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
Ya know this suddenly occured to me but I'm kind of curious...what would happen if Medaka and Zen's duel ended in a tie? Knowing how they are I can't imagine they'd be satisfied and just get married anyway
Well since they both would lose (and win) he would have to marry her and she would have to marry him.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 00:56   Link #13374
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
but in the end... they where just suffering from chuunibyou right?
What about a Moon?
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 01:05   Link #13375
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
What about a Moon?
Was there even a moon to begin with? I've never seen such a thing. More importantly that wierd kinda open place where kumigawa and anshin'in are missing makes me feel like they may go somewhere with this. I'd love to read a story about those two, and no one else from Medaka Box is invited!
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 01:06   Link #13376
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Was there even a moon to begin with? I've never seen such a thing. More importantly that wierd kinda open place where kumigawa and anshin'in are missing makes me feel like they may go somewhere with this. I'd love to read a story about those two, and no one else from Medaka Box is invited!
Jump Square spinoff, believe.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 03:03   Link #13377
Kinali

Quote:
I really like kumagawa and anshin'in but light novels would be good enough. I'm not that crazy like most kumagawa fans that at some point it reminds me of bieber fans. At least not yet right? Light novels that would have to do with only Kumagawa would be really great and no one else invited? They better have Nienami.
Kinali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 03:54   Link #13378
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I was just wondering.... since Zen can't use skills anymore..... does that mean his back to be blinded now?
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 04:44   Link #13379
ccie20012

A couple of Kumagawa x Ashinin can be considered confirmed? I would be happy.
I already want to see a Medaka Box:After story.Moon plan or Medaka Box:Next generation.
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 05:15   Link #13380
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I was just wondering.... since Zen can't use skills anymore..... does that mean his back to be blinded now?
No because the cause of his blindness is a skill as well.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council