AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-09-02, 07:32   Link #901
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I don't want to think of them in their real forms. They're fine the way they are now! D:
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 07:35   Link #902
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Special 4:

Spoiler:
And Special 5 reveals all the races and classes for the maids!

I wonder if that is consider spoiler information from now on or part of the anime discussion?
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 08:05   Link #903
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
You guys makes it sound like some sort of weird NTR Shaltear is giving if it's true...

Spoiler:

But either way... I don't think Momon will actually end up hurting her for "rebelling".

Probably just some whipping here and there, and she'll be all loving it and head right back.
I dont think her loyalty is that shallow to betray him like if its was nothing. The ones living in Nazarick dont have a past further than what was said in their description(like how Albedo was supposed act like a bitch), so there must be something from this current world that did the change in her, thats why I brought the brainwash part.

Though that would mean that someone or something already knows about Nazarick, or even more information about it if they used Shaltear correctly.

Last edited by DOmus; 2015-09-02 at 08:26.
DOmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 09:42   Link #904
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
What the hell Nabe?! I thought I heard you say that you'll whack the dragons to death. What is this lighting crap!
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 09:52   Link #905
zero7090

special 3 sort of spoil ep 9, special 4 sort of spoil ep 10
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 10:53   Link #906
Go0gleplex
The Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
What the hell Nabe?! I thought I heard you say that you'll whack the dragons to death. What is this lighting crap!
She said she'd whack the one to death before the second showed up. She was doing that because her and Ainz's cover were as adventurers and she could only use Teir 3 magic, which she obviously knew would not affect them per her statement later before nuking them. Once she was given the order to show the power of Nazarick, she could fight as a battle maid not a human adventurer (whom could not use greater than Teir 3 magic without blowing their cover, also stated in earlier episodes)...hence the lightening nuke. Pretend time was over and it was time to kick arse.

"No society can thrive when it puts more money, effort, and emotion into its vices rather than its virtues."

Harem of choice? Uzume, Rory Mercury, Raphtalia, and Yasaka.
Go0gleplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 11:38   Link #907
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go0gleplex View Post
She said she'd whack the one to death before the second showed up. She was doing that because her and Ainz's cover were as adventurers and she could only use Teir 3 magic, which she obviously knew would not affect them per her statement later before nuking them. Once she was given the order to show the power of Nazarick, she could fight as a battle maid not a human adventurer (whom could not use greater than Teir 3 magic without blowing their cover, also stated in earlier episodes)...hence the lightening nuke. Pretend time was over and it was time to kick arse.
I know that, still, IMO it would have been funnier if she would at least whack the first one to death with a sheathed sword.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 13:55   Link #908
janipani

When I saw that bitch Clementine get crushed I knew... That there is no way I am going to drop this series

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 14:38   Link #909
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
And Special 5 reveals all the races and classes for the maids!

I wonder if that is consider spoiler information from now on or part of the anime discussion?
Didn't someone already posted a pic of maid's real forms some times ago?
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 15:23   Link #910
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Didn't someone already posted a pic of maid's real forms some times ago?
Yes, but that could be considered spoiler info as it's not part of the anime. The special could be considered part of the anime on the other hand. They also actually named the races and classes while the picture left quite a bit of guess work for some of the races and no info about the classes.
Old 2015-09-02, 16:09   Link #911
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Special 4:

Spoiler:
not slime, Shoggoth
Old 2015-09-02, 16:11   Link #912
James Rye

Damn! This really was gods crushing bugs! o.o
Like it was SO crushing that you sort of felt a tinsy winsy sorry for them not realizing with what they were dealing with! 5 years of dark magic effort, crushed in seconds! Years of honing her warrior and martial art skills to become one of the most feared fighters on earth - crushed by a hug! Holy shit! More like unholy shit! XD

And Shalltear revolted? How? Isn't she extremely loyal and all that? So the most dangerous in the world to Ains are his own subjects after all?
Old 2015-09-02, 17:39   Link #913
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
not slime, Shoggoth
Shoggoth is a HP Lovecraft monster that can be considered the inspiration for the D&D slime monsters. So she is a slime, just with a fancy name.

Well, she is actually an upgraded version of Shoggoth, called Ubbo-Sathla, which is a name from Clark Ashton Smith who has done additions to the Cthulhu Mythos.
Old 2015-09-02, 20:27   Link #914
Tangowr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
She's a spell caster like Momonga, he gave her permission to use her real power, so she used it, aka. Spell casting.
Old 2015-09-02, 20:28   Link #915
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 9

Well that was a warm (or cold in this case?) hug!

Terrible plastic CG Dragons aside it was decent fight by this series standards. To be honest though I find the gamey MMO spells to really clash with the setting for some reason. Maybe because the spells are just too familiar which makes fights kinda of cheesy.

Shalltear's betrayal plot bomb was pretty sudden, but the show hasn't devoted much in way screentime to her so all I can muster is interest in it rather than shock. We will where that goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm left with two questions:
- how jealous would Albedo be if she learned Momon hugged a woman to death?
Even with the crushing and al- No scratch that, she would especially jealous with the crushing part.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 20:39   Link #916
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
not slime, Shoggoth
just looked it up. Holy shit

this is like another Nyaruko situation going on
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 21:52   Link #917
Tangowr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Well that was a warm (or cold in this case?) hug!

Terrible plastic CG Dragons aside it was decent fight by this series standards. To be honest though I find the gamey MMO spells to really clash with the setting for some reason. Maybe because the spells are just too familiar which makes fights kinda of cheesy.

Shalltear's betrayal plot bomb was pretty sudden, but the show hasn't devoted much in way screentime to her so all I can muster is interest in it rather than shock. We will where that goes.

Even with the crushing and al- No scratch that, she would especially jealous with the crushing part.
You do know that Momo game from a MMORPG, so the spell they cast are spells from said MMORPG?
Old 2015-09-02, 22:31   Link #918
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Terrible plastic CG Dragons aside
I'm not a big fan of CG being used in anime myself, but i though the dragons were cool with a nice detail work. The movements were also very fluid. Overlord's animation may not be its best quality, but after seeing so many adaptations with horrible animations i can't complain much here.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 22:48   Link #919
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangowr View Post
You do know that Momo game from a MMORPG, so the spell they cast are spells from said MMORPG?
Yes, I am aware. Doesn't make it any less jarring. Nabe vs Kajit almost felt like turn-based battle at some points. To be fair I had similar problem with Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka too but not as much as here, so it's not exclusive to Overlord. Mixing actual fantasy aspects with MMORPG ones aren't a particular trend I've come to like in LNs or anime in general.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2015-09-02 at 23:01.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 23:34   Link #920
monster

Quote:
Yes, I am aware. Doesn't make it any less jarring. Nabe vs Kajit almost felt like turn-based battle at some points. To be fair I had similar problem with Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka too but not as much as here, so it's not exclusive to Overlord. Mixing actual fantasy aspects with MMORPG ones aren't a particular trend I've come to like in LNs or anime in general.
I don't play MMORPG so I don't know which aspects are exclusive to that particular game genre, but I don't see anything jarring about either fight in this episode given the characters involved. Which specific parts do you think are jarring?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote