AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2020-01-14, 09:09   Link #1021
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
I remembering Zola or her daughters got beaten to pulp by Finley while Leon watching.
and Jenna steal 3rd game target from Finley right after that
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-14, 10:11   Link #1022
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Mylene looks beautiful in the manga. Truly best woman.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-14, 19:10   Link #1023
Pierre

Im still not feeling it with sisters.

I mean one of them basically treated him like a slave in the real world, and is probably at least partial responsible why he is in this world. And she gets off with being a lazy bitch in this world with a harem?

Same with his sisters in this world. I havent seen the other one, but the one they keep showing literally treats him like trash, comes to beg for money, and he somehow is amicable with her?

I wouldnt mind the sister having the harem, or treating him like a piggy bank if they had at least been decent to him, but that wasnt the case, they are just trash so for them to basically end up pretty well off is kind of irritating.

Leon just comes off as kind of a pushover because of it, and not even a funny way. I already wasnt feeling it when he got all happy over the idiotic tea party thing.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-14, 20:59   Link #1024
shogoki_vnz

Well they are his sisters, is pretty hard to refuse to help a family member. Sure Marie was partial responsible for his death but is not like she was the one that push him off the stairs, and Jenna, sure she is pain, but is not like she goes of her way to bully him. And as other are already said, Marie is a pretty capable girl is just that she has a pretty back luck with her love choices.

As a older brother I can pretty much understand Leon, unless your sibling is a monster you always will lend them a hand.
shogoki_vnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-14, 21:07   Link #1025
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogoki_vnz View Post
Well they are his sisters, is pretty hard to refuse to help a family member. Sure Marie was partial responsible for his death but is not like she was the one that push him off the stairs, and Jenna, sure she is pain, but is not like she goes of her way to bully him. And as other are already said, Marie is a pretty capable girl is just that she has a pretty back luck with her love choices.

As a older brother I can pretty much understand Leon, unless your sibling is a monster you always will lend them a hand.
Also I think deep down Leon cares for everyone. When he accepted to fight the 5 idiots in place of Angelica he did not just beat them to win, he actually try to tell them what they are lacking, and he don't actually hate/hold a grudge to people, unless they try to hurt his fiancees, or if the person is named Roland
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-14, 21:12   Link #1026
avocat

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
Also I think deep down Leon cares for everyone. When he accepted to fight the 5 idiots in place of Angelica he did not just beat them to win, he actually try to tell them what they are lacking, and he don't actually hate/hold a grudge to people, unless they try to hurt his fiancees, or if the person is named Roland
Yeah, I think Leon is a reasonable man, if they're not attack/provoke him first, he will not attack them. He's alway checking the situation first before involve.
avocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-14, 21:30   Link #1027
mickbis

And his actual sisters actually learn their lesson despite their selfish rant so they're not that bad.
They're the product of rotten socity after all and Finley surprisingly normal despite her... a bit violence temper when angry
Old 2020-01-14, 21:43   Link #1028
Pierre

The other two I can excuse because of the circumstance especially they learn their lesson, but not the original sister. It was in Japan and she treated him like crap, the fact they share the same blood and she had poor choice in men, f that. If it was my sister, I wouldn't do anything to her, but nor would I help her either. She is grown, can take care of her own god dam mess.

And by your own token she is pretty capable, so why should he bother doing anything to help her. Barring her life being in physical danger , you dam straight I would cast her aside. I have family members like her, and if they came to me asking for anything I would tell to take a hike.

Leon being a pushover to that kind of behavior doesn't somehow make him a better person. If anything he is enabling her behavior further.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-14, 23:24   Link #1029
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
The other two I can excuse because of the circumstance especially they learn their lesson, but not the original sister. It was in Japan and she treated him like crap, the fact they share the same blood and she had poor choice in men, f that. If it was my sister, I wouldn't do anything to her, but nor would I help her either. She is grown, can take care of her own god dam mess.

And by your own token she is pretty capable, so why should he bother doing anything to help her. Barring her life being in physical danger , you dam straight I would cast her aside. I have family members like her, and if they came to me asking for anything I would tell to take a hike.

Leon being a pushover to that kind of behavior doesn't somehow make him a better person. If anything he is enabling her behavior further.
Have you read the story in its entirety? It's true that Marie was portrayed as a villan but over time the Novel actually portrays her as a pitiful individual. I use to hate Marie as well for her actions in the story but then you get to see the repercussions of her getiing a reverse harem and you can't help feel sorry for her.

Anyway Marie isn't really that bad in her previous life. She's actually a brocon. She didn't treat the MC like crap. She did some selfish things but it's not to the point of being unredeemable.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2020-01-15, 04:41   Link #1030
recuero002

recuero002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-15, 04:51   Link #1031
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Ohhhhh, nice sample. Can't wait to read it!
Old 2020-01-15, 06:55   Link #1032
Huh...?

@Pierre: The thing is in Asian Society, in general more importance is given to people in the family than those of outside, and its commonly expected that even if a family member for example committed a murder (an extreme example), the rest of the family would try to support him and get him out of trouble, as blood relationship is more important than worrying about what's right or wrong (or ethical or non-ethical). It doesn't matter if a family member did something bad, what important is protecting each other since they are connected by blood.

This is in a way is also showcased in this story, in the form that while MC's older sister was coerced to plant a bomb in her brother's armor which could probably have killed him (if MC had a normal grade armor and not Arroganz), the only punishment she got is being forced to do farm work. On the other hand, when her slave sold off MC and planted those fake documents to incriminate MC, the result was that MC's father beheaded him (in the case with the sister, its more a problematic one, as MC didn't have any backers at that time, unlike the framed case one, when he had the backing of the Duke and the Queen, and unlike the bomb one, which could have potentially killed MC immediately, the framed case one would go through trial and only the extreme punishment would have been death or else it would normally be imprisonment).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-15, 09:25   Link #1033
avocat

I just read about the sale number of Otomege on a facebook page. It sold 100.000 volumes. Is it a good number ? Or it just a modest result? Anyone can tell me about light novel sale?
Old 2020-01-15, 09:31   Link #1034
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocat View Post
I just read about the sale number of Otomege on a facebook page. It sold 100.000 volumes. Is it a good number ? Or it just a modest result? Anyone can tell me about light novel sale?
taken from last year

https://myanimelist.net/news/58726972

*1. 879,734 Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
*2. 634,151 Tenki no Ko (Kadokawa Bunko)
*3. 615,363 Sword Art Online
*4. 550,202 Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
*5. 536,494 Seishun Buta Yarou Series
*6. 461,024 Kusuriya no Hitorigoto
*7. 434,034 Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
*8. 429,217 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
*9. 420,573 Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e
10. 407,640 Kimetsu no Yaiba: Shiawase no Hana

so I think they did a good job for a newcomer?
compare with a big name and the one with Anime-Boost effect
Old 2020-01-15, 23:29   Link #1035
DanielSong39

Marie works both hard and well, but she gets sucked dry by the five leeches. Too bad she can't dump the guys.

Actually Leon + Marie + AI's would make for a pretty unstoppable team. I guess that would be too OP which is probably why it doesn't happen.

I would've preferred to see Marie and Jenna become businesswomen and stand on their own two feet while being a great asset to Leon. Both have shown the potential. Marie could run her own host club, heck that has potential to be a full blown spin-off
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-16, 00:26   Link #1036
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
I've read the web novel, albeit with some very basic Japanese and quite bad machine TL help. There are a few things that I want to confirm about the end of the novel
Spoiler for End:
I feel bad for Marie. Giving birth five times? Yikes. And she has a small stature as well so it couldn't be easy.

Old 2020-01-16, 02:24   Link #1037
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Nah, the way she act relax when her water break is enough to show how pro she is when giving birth
Old 2020-01-17, 12:23   Link #1038
avocat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Nah, the way she act relax when her water break is enough to show how pro she is when giving birth
Perhap because her healing power? Well, she's a fake saint, but she still have a healing power (despite cannot not compare with Livia). From LN, the reason for Marie have a small stature because of her training for healing since very young (she want to replace Livia to become a saint in the future)
Old 2020-01-19, 13:09   Link #1039
pervypig

SS revealed that Leon was originally Marie's "destined one" though... one wonders what would have happened if they actually got hitched... and continued to make a family... and then realize they're bro-sis from prev life...
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-19, 18:54   Link #1040
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
SS revealed that Leon was originally Marie's "destined one" though... one wonders what would have happened if they actually got hitched... and continued to make a family... and then realize they're bro-sis from prev life...
They already have, but the author pull a Deus Ex Machina and caused their recognition about each other(in previous lives) to just barely miss the crucial point and caused them to think all the similarities are just coincidences
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, milf, ore tueeeeee(?), otome game, queen is viable, reincarnated mc, the true king, true harem