AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 7 11.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 50.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-11, 01:35   Link #721
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
A Rival for what? Elio's feelings?

*RUNS*
'Feelings" ? Hell no... Haha, that'll be too sappy...

It for his spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
Ahh ok my bad i didn't read some of the post properly.

Rival eh...wonder whether he can just get both and hopefully able to handle the situation properly ^.^
If so, he would become the great Mahou Shounen of modern time!

(You hear me Negi !?!?!! You're days are numbered!)
Old 2007-05-11, 01:39   Link #722
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
'Feelings" ? Hell no... Haha, that'll be too sappy...

It for his spear

If so, he would become the great Mahou Shounen of modern time!

(You hear me Negi !?!?!! You're days are numbered!)
Oooh....

I suddenly remembered Nodoka Miyazaki's solution to a similar dilemna with Negi... I mean, why fight over the same guy when you can share?

*cough* polygamy *cough*

In that way, you have your homo and hetero at the same time... Everybody wins!

*runs*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-11, 01:43   Link #723
Aaron008R

Here we go again.
Well, I'm not stopping you people.

Though I'm certain that Lutecia will have her own fair share of interaction with the younger couple+dragon. Things seem to work better around your own age group. Nevermind the possible rivalries, I think she would have the most verbal sparring with the two kids of RF6. And maybe they would be the ones to befriend her too.

Oh. And Skane, are you thinking that Caro's rank is directly proportional to her level of control over the possible forms of Fried aside from her abilities of boosting? She is a unique mage after all, and I was wondering if they would incorporate Fried into the equation.

It makes me wonder how powerful Fried (controlled) would become if we give Caro a few more years of practice. It's quite a given that he's way beyond the normal charts of dragons right from the start. Not to mention the Black Dragon matter said in episode 5. I'm betting on a multi-level summon for him.
Old 2007-05-11, 01:53   Link #724
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Oooh....

I suddenly remembered Nodoka Miyazaki's solution to a similar dilemna with Negi... I mean, why fight over the same guy when you can share?
In Negi's case, it's just literally spiraling out of control Have you seen his latest "Wanted" poster ?

Hopefully, Erio will fair better

(He might if it's Sugita tutoring him...)

Quote:
*cough* polygamy *cough*

In that way, you have your homo and hetero at the same time... Everybody wins!

*runs*
I want to read that contract first ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Here we go again.
Well, I'm not stopping you people.

Though I'm certain that Lutecia will have her own fair share of interaction with the younger couple+dragon. Things seem to work better around your own age group. Nevermind the possible rivalries, I think she would have the most verbal sparring with the two kids of RF6. And maybe they would be the ones to befriend her too.
The worst part for me is that it is all still just a fantasy... Until we actually see how the three of them interact, I'll just be chasing smoke...

...The wait for episode 7 just got harder

EDIT:

At this rate, we'll break 800 by tonight! (well, tonight for me anyway...)
Old 2007-05-11, 02:07   Link #725
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
~
Oh. And Skane, are you thinking that Caro's rank is directly proportional to her level of control over the possible forms of Fried aside from her abilities of boosting? She is a unique mage after all, and I was wondering if they would incorporate Fried into the equation.

It makes me wonder how powerful Fried (controlled) would become if we give Caro a few more years of practice. It's quite a given that he's way beyond the normal charts of dragons right from the start. Not to mention the Black Dragon matter said in episode 5. I'm betting on a multi-level summon for him.
It would be logical, but we will need them to dispense more canonical information about summoners and their acquired rankings. Anyway...

[What If...]

Spoiler for tidiness:

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-11, 02:21   Link #726
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Furthermore, Caro is Rank-C. It is highly unlikely for such a huge gulf in power levels if she is to control Freidliche (lest he goes berserk).

Cheers.
Here's the funny thing about the ranking system within the TSAB military, someone has to take an exam to be certified for one It sure as hell does not define what a wild mage like Nanoha or Fate is capable of when they first met, and it may not be correct in applying to Caro or even the rest of the Strikers crew. For one thing, R6's command structure have all limiters installed- they are less powerful than they actually are.

So, are the rankings a question of skill or power?

Honestly, how difficult can it be for a mage in Nanohaverse to cast tanking spells? It's probably the least energy intensive or flashy than a tactical nuke our beamspam crazy Gundam girls are capable of. In this case, the C- ranking for Caro is entirely correct since her entire sphere of spellcasting is concentrated on support spells. Teana herself has A+ power potential, although her skill in tactical planning and field leadership is more advanced. For Subaru, anyone who can tear apart machines with her bare hands is a right frightful amazon .

Now look at what Caro can do. It's probably the first time a giant incantation circle has appeared so early in the series. Make no mistake, this sucker was MASSIVE [at least 100ft in diameter]. In S1 or S2, something nearing this size required either more than 1 person or the stolen power of hundreds, not 1 very determined 10 year old girl. Using it, Caro had to levitate above a chasm, absorb and decompress Friedliich, install the controls and then figure out how to kick drone ass. She did this with zero error, and was probably the first time in years she had successfully done so.

My guess is, if she were to take the rating test again it'l show an entirely different result

Spoiler:

Last edited by Burner of Anime; 2007-05-11 at 02:24. Reason: In case of Berserk Dragon- Break Glass
Old 2007-05-11, 02:29   Link #727
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Here's the funny thing about the ranking system within the TSAB military, someone has to take an exam to be certified for one It sure as hell does not define what a wild mage like Nanoha or Fate is capable of when they first met, and it may not be correct in applying to Caro or even the rest of the Strikers crew. For one thing, R6's command structure have all limiters installed- they are less powerful than they actually are.

So, are the rankings a question of skill or power?

Honestly, how difficult can it be for a mage in Nanohaverse to cast tanking spells? It's probably the least energy intensive or flashy than a tactical nuke our beamspam crazy Gundam girls are capable of. In this case, the C- ranking for Caro is entirely correct since her entire sphere of spellcasting is concentrated on support spells. Teana herself has A+ power potential, although her skill in tactical planning and field leadership is more advanced. For Subaru, anyone who can tear apart machines with her bare hands is a right frightful amazon .

Now look at what Caro can do. It's probably the first time a giant incantation circle has appeared so early in the series. Make no mistake, this sucker was MASSIVE [at least 100ft in diameter]. In S1 or S2, something nearing this size required either more than 1 person or the stolen power of hundreds, not 1 very determined 10 year old girl. Using it, Caro had to levitate above a chasm, absorb and decompress Friedliich, install the controls and then figure out how to kick drone ass. She did this with zero error, and was probably the first time in years she had successfully done so.

My guess is, if she were to take the rating test again it'l show an entirely different result
In that case, we will need to wait until they talk about her "potential" ranking, but for now, the only canonical information about Caro's abilities is her stated Military Rank.

Oh, and 100ft is a "little bit" too generous there. If Caro is about 4ft tall, then the length of one of the Magic Square's sides is about 32-35ft.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-11, 03:06   Link #728
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
There is one major difference between those spells, though: This was a summoning spell, the only thing the size of the circle seems to do is encompass the size of the summon, and as a wise Jedi master once said: Size matters not. A small, but powerfull mage can easilly beat a giant monster, point case to Vita and Zafira smashing turtles in A's.

In other words, with summoning size =/= power.
Old 2007-05-11, 03:21   Link #729
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
There is one major difference between those spells, though: This was a summoning spell, the only thing the size of the circle seems to do is encompass the size of the summon, and as a wise Jedi master once said: Size matters not. A small, but powerfull mage can easilly beat a giant monster, point case to Vita and Zafira smashing turtles in A's.

In other words, with summoning size =/= power.
Actually, it should be WHAT you summon, not how big it is

Perhap like in most stories, a dragon ranks way up high on the food chain
Old 2007-05-11, 03:43   Link #730
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Actually, it should be WHAT you summon, not how big it is
Yes, well, true you can have something big and powerfull, but my point was that size doesn not automatically mean its powerfull.

I mean, Friedrich looks cool and all, but he still failed to destroy the type 3 drone. Nanoha's spells use smaller circles, but are far more powerfull.
Old 2007-05-11, 03:55   Link #731
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

I mean, Friedrich looks cool and all, but he still failed to destroy the type 3 drone. Nanoha's spells use smaller circles, but are far more powerfull.
That might not be the case

As Erio commented, the Type-3 has very hard armor, so much so that only melee attacks could generate enough concentrated force to break it.

Carol just called Friedrich to rain hellfire on the gadget, had she told him to get up close and lay the smack down, he would probably be able to do more damage to it...
Old 2007-05-11, 04:06   Link #732
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
Quote:

As Erio commented, the Type-3 has very hard armor, so much so that only melee attacks could generate enough concentrated force to break it.

Carol just called Friedrich to rain hellfire on the gadget, had she told him to get up close and lay the smack down, he would probably be able to do more damage to it...
Ya you have to wonder just how much physical power does that dragon have in its released form I mean Friedrich is a dragon after all, for all we know he might have easily made scrap mettle out of that Type-3 if he was ordered to so with physical attacks.

But also on that note I wonder if the AMF would affect Friedrich in his released form. If he is affected by the AMF that could cause Caro's control spell to be disrupted and make him go berserk...

*runs back to ship*
Old 2007-05-11, 04:20   Link #733
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Nanoha uses concentrated beams of pink dea... sorry, Friendship At the moment, we've yet to be see if the hax shield can withstand that sort of power. In the meantime, let's give number 3 the credit of being hardcore enough for dragon fire Next time, Fred goes in with tooth and claw, then we'll see who comes out ahead
Old 2007-05-11, 04:22   Link #734
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratler View Post
But also on that note I wonder if the AMF would affect Friedrich in his released form. If he is affected by the AMF that could cause Caro's control spell to be disrupted and make him go berserk...

*runs back to ship*
I don't think it's a channelling spell...

What Carol did is to cast a spell to 'remove it's limiter', that is Friedrich's true power. As long as she didn't mess up her spell for the 'limit remover' Friedrich should be able to preserve his conscious.
Old 2007-05-11, 04:32   Link #735
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

The blast was stopped by a barrier spell, so the armor had fairly little to do with it.

Quote:
Possibly, but we all know melee attacks are more effective against drones (point case, Subaru) My point still stands, Friedrich was nowhere near as powerfull as a Starlight Breaker, despite using a humongous summoning circle.
Old 2007-05-11, 06:10   Link #736
Thisguy
Negikamo

While we're at that, we also have to remember that Hayate's comment upon Fried's going big;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayate
Yep, this is the power of Caro's dragon summoning... a fraction of it.
So if Hayate measured it rightfully, Fried got a lot more in his arsenal... which Caro may unlock when and if she think she can manage it.
Old 2007-05-11, 06:21   Link #737
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

sounds like Caro's dragon summoning technique sounds more complicated than it looks.
I mean she did unlock Fried's potential in order to save Elio, but i guess thats just 1/4 of her power combined with Fried??

As of right now, if that is true, she could be a very powerful support/offensive mage in the future...thats if she doesn't lose control of Fried...
Old 2007-05-11, 06:40   Link #738
Petco

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjefferson3 View Post
how in the hell did Meophist come up with those number did he phsyically go thorugh all those threads one by one and counted them himself, or is that that fussy math that republicans are know to do from time to time!! show the proof and get ready for the yunno reverlution, since i know he learned some new magic that is hidden up his sleeve!!!!
Really later, but just simply click the "Post number" next to the thread title in the forum index of Nanoha.
Old 2007-05-11, 06:52   Link #739
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petco View Post
Really later, but just simply click the "Post number" next to the thread title in the forum index of Nanoha.
Hmm.. 30 posts... my contribution could be better.
Old 2007-05-11, 07:10   Link #740
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

71... Guess I earned my stripes to be the 300's Second in 'Spam-mand".

And erm Ratlar? I'm sure your ship has the psycommu network connection used to register our thoughts in the forum? No need to busy Scotty so much unless you don't have a psynet service provider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
I never said I approved (sweats). I meant that Kurono Kishi Dan had 2 K's in it, so if we omit the 'dan' and we put something with a 'K' in it then we end up having a new type of KKK.

@Kha. That's actually kinda cruel. We've made a temporary cease-fire and you're still bashing us T_T.
I didn't mean to dig it up, but I'm highlighting the point that I'm very anti-racist. No hard feelings, ne?

Quote:
At the moment, none here have much idea of Fred's full combat capability. His size, depending on the situation is both asset and liability- which is why he's currently chibified for general handling

The question is not when someone can kill a tanker, but if that's even possible before turning into Dragon Flambe >_<. Of course, concentrating on a meatshield just opens up other avenues for a combined arms team to attack.

Anyway, let's have a look at the mini version of Fred first. Probably the best example of Caro's ability to attract anything male and cute In an enclosed space, Blast Flare works like an incendiary grenade. Good because he can clear a room out in one hit and mess up electronics in the smoke and heat. The bad, it's slow, needs active control by Caro and has a big likelihood of collateral damage/friendly fire >_<

Big Fred on the other hand is just that, VERY BIG THREAT. Unavoidable as well. His Blast Rain attack may have an even longer sustained fire effect than the Gundam girls. Not quite the heavy artillary unit, but he can probably hold a spot of territory and lay suppression fire. Probably a good idea for a mobile fortress in case things get too hot at the front. Erio as light calvary can dash back to him very quickly, Subaru will probably grab Teana on the way out. After that, they can probably recover, tank up, then come out to dispense some righteous beating.

On a lighter note, he may also have Cute Barrier power since no one expect a flying albino chicken to be much of a threat [Erio, Gambatte! Boy goes around with a bullseye painted on ]. I'm starting to wonder how she managed to bring him in through customs with a carry case.

Security Officer: [Zips open Caro's bag] ZOMG WTH are you doing with dangerous creature like this!!!

Caro: This is Fred, Officer. I promise he's be good, he's very quiet and I have him toilet trained...

Officer looks at Little Pink Riding Hood, she has big tearful eyes and is cradling a baby sized dragon in her arms.

Officer can't stand the cute, stamps the passport and tells her to keep Fred in the bag
I think he's happy to be a bullseye. That's what a main tank does.

Talking about team dynamics.

Erio = Tank a la Warrior
Subaru = Burst DPS a la Rogue
Teana = Burst DPS a la Hunter
Caro = Warlock, because of her Pet and her "I Win" buttons boosts.

Strange thing here: No healer. No AOE. 3 DPS classes. Good for clearing trash mobs Gadgets, but they'll only down Onyxia Lutecia after they get their basics right and PUG someone.