AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2008-07-06, 08:14   Link #361
gekko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Eon View Post
Love Tsukasa's pose! It's like she acknowledges that the stand is holding her up so she's casually resting back on it to take her call!
Yo mean Kagami I would say the eyes define the person and not the hair or so
gekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 13:41   Link #362
Nemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Eon View Post
I don't know how flexible their stands and joints are, but it'd be cool to pose them in stop-motion animation for an avatar by using your cell's camera!

Dee
I agree, that would be cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekko View Post
Yo mean Kagami I would say the eyes define the person and not the hair or so
Oh! I was wondering why there faces didn't look right, they switched the hair! O_O

Signature by ganbaru
Nemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 19:38   Link #363
Magedark

You could try making a Motteke! Sailor Fuku opening with the dolls. That would take time though.
Magedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 03:47   Link #364
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I bet Yu-chan along with Minami and Patty will be next.

You've got Tsukasa in my Kagami!!!

No, you got Kagami in my Tsukasa!!!!

Interesting reversal of the faces and the body/hairstyles...

But that pose with the cell phone is Kagami all the way (minus her hair....) as well as Tsukasa posing in dance-happy (minus her hair...).
Old 2008-07-21, 22:44   Link #365
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Right Stuf has both Kagami and Tsukasa Figmas up for preorder! The only catch is that both are due to be released at the end of November (and hopefully won't get canceled in the meantime). $29.99 each.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 09:06   Link #366
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
I already preordered Konata and Kagami off of a Japanese site. :x Couldn't wait. Konata's already been delayed to August 3rd, though.
Kagami~n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 12:48   Link #367
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

YES!!! Got a Konata WF exclusive form a co-forumer! It has a blue stain on her left shoe, but it didn't matter that much.

now Iam waiting for my other Konata to arrive! XD
Old 2008-07-22, 13:17   Link #368
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

::envy::

I want. They're so expensive though.
Old 2008-07-22, 13:21   Link #369
JoieKawaiiDesu
Konata

Wahhhhh!!
THAT IS SOOO COOL!!
JoieKawaiiDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 12:27   Link #370
Amray

Lucky Star merchandise it really expensive. I want so much of the stuff too. Most of all was the Akira PVC statue and the Konata PVC statue. I also would love a Kagami as I love her, Haha.

The only thing that I have in my possession is a Nendoroid of Akira. I chose Akira as she is my favourite under Kagami. Even those are rare here in England. I am just greatful that I found an English based anime store that sells genuine and new Japanese models and such. I mean REALLY greatful! Most of the things I see on there I will probably never see on Ebay. I need some more money though as I want the new Kagami shrine statue.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 13:39   Link #371
Nemu

I'm starting to want this Tsukasa figure. o.O

Signature by ganbaru
Nemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 14:09   Link #372
JoieKawaiiDesu
Konata

Why are the Lucky Star merchandise so expansive? What's up with that?
Old 2008-07-23, 14:37   Link #373
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@JKD: Poor choice of font color, its barely visible against the default background color.

But to answer your question -- ALL japanese merchandise of the collectible kind is expensive.
Figmas are extra expensive because of the joints. Regular unjointed PVC figurines go from $35US to $100US depending on the size and detail.

And then there's the shipping (aieee!).
Old 2008-07-23, 14:42   Link #374
Amray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
@JKD: Poor choice of font color, its barely visible against the default background color.

But to answer your question -- ALL japanese merchandise of the collectible kind is expensive.
Figmas are extra expensive because of the joints. Regular unjointed PVC figurines go from $35US to $100US depending on the size and detail.

And then there's the shipping (aieee!).
Where I shop these figures cost under £20 (I apologize that I am not familiar with changing currency, but basically that is a great price for an official figma of a Lucky Star character [It's under $40) and the shipping is only £2.50 or higher depending on the weight of the item. In most cases the shipping would be £2.50, which is excellent.
Old 2008-07-23, 20:20   Link #375
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aye, that's an amazingly good price for imported figmas O.O considering the hops necessary to get to the UK from Japan.

Per the shipping, I was talking about the shipping cost from Japan (most exports insist on EMS (registered/tracked shipping) anymore).

I have the miko pair of Kagami and Tsukasa on pre-order - it ran 8500 yen (about $80USD or 50 Euros). The shipping costs about a third of that again.
http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVDT-29

I'm just not a fan of figmas - but they'd be very cool for stop-motion hobbyists.
Old 2008-07-24, 01:25   Link #376
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Yep talk about EXpensive, you can refer to Vexx's post for the price, just guess how much I got her, just pick the GREATER number XD.

But it's wroth it in my case since I really like Konata. Also there is a pull out carton poster of her standing outside WF building.
Old 2008-07-24, 09:22   Link #377
Amray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
aye, that's an amazingly good price for imported figmas O.O considering the hops necessary to get to the UK from Japan.

Per the shipping, I was talking about the shipping cost from Japan (most exports insist on EMS (registered/tracked shipping) anymore).

I have the miko pair of Kagami and Tsukasa on pre-order - it ran 8500 yen (about $80USD or 50 Euros). The shipping costs about a third of that again.
http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVDT-29

I'm just not a fan of figmas - but they'd be very cool for stop-motion hobbyists.

Yes, I know. The good things about this UK based store is that if they do run out of the item they themselves order more from Japan and then send them to you. So their is no need to pay for the shipping from Japan, they do that themselves. The only thing that I have to pay for is the actual item and the £2.50 shipping from London to my house (which 2 hours away from London). To be honest I was quite shocked at the low prices for these new and official Figmas and such which are worth barrels full of money on Ebay..and that is even if you manage to find them on there. I am so happy that I found this store. The prices on shipping and these rare items is amazing.
Old 2008-07-25, 08:35   Link #378
JoieKawaiiDesu
Konata

Well, that's depressing. Joints cost a lot... Dx
^you're so frickin lucky that you found that store... now i want to go to the UK
Old 2008-07-25, 14:55   Link #379
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ah... just got an email that they've shipped my Kagami&Tsukasa miko figures. Now to figure out where to put them....
Old 2008-07-25, 18:01   Link #380
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

You guys suck, buyin' all those things I want that I don't have money for.

Of course part of the reason I don't have the money is because of the Konata and Kagami plushies I just preordered. :x Happy August birthday to me.