AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 17 11.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 34.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 56 39.16%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 11.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.10%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.70%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-29, 21:04   Link #21
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouvley View Post
So the new cast of claymores are introduced in this ep, let's hope they last a bit longer than the last batch eh?

Actually I've noticed Irene features quite prominently in the OP, so maybe she isn't dead yet?
It sure seemed like Irene was dead... but I don't know since I haven't read the manga past this episode.

Anyway, Ep. 9 Screencaps and summary.

I gave this an "8" also... only because it's the beginning of the arc. Ep. 10 looks promising.
Old 2007-05-29, 21:37   Link #22
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Of course she could see Theresa's body. The bandit had already torn open her shirt. It was hanging in tatters.

Hey, should we make a speculation thread about this topic? I mean, it keeps coming up over and over...

And I think that whatever mark a Claymore has on her body, it's specific to that particular Claymore. Clare has a nasty scar on her stomach from the Youma at the end of Ep2 but I don't think that all the Claymores have something on their stomach. Some might have something on their back or on their legs or something.

And this ep can be summed up in two words for me: Fab Four.
Old 2007-05-29, 21:47   Link #23
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Of course she could see Theresa's body. The bandit had already torn open her shirt. It was hanging in tatters.
No, you are wrong here.

Clare said that she thought Teresa was in pain when she saw Teresa on the street in that town. Which is why Clare hugged Teresa and tugged along with her. She did not see her body then.

By the way, I found it cute that they are differentiating between oh-so-special Single Digits (like Miria or Teresa or Irene) from lowly Double Digits by saying the Single Digits' number in gairaigo. It must be awfully special for Teresa to be NAMBAA WAN, when someone like Helen is just a plain Japanese Ni Jyu Ni. 8)
Old 2007-05-29, 21:53   Link #24
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Stupidity made me mention the scene
Spoiler for minor spoiler ep8/9:

In regard to the VA's:
Miria : not a bad choice however somehow I expected her voice to sound a bit younger. I got however used to her fast.

Helen : spot on. Exactly how I would expect a passionate character like her to sound she is one of my favourites.

Deneve : also spot on. Not much else to say about her really.

This episode had of course it share of beatifull drawn backgrounds, the city, the woods. And later the mountains Madhouse managed to deliver the goods once again.

Also the fight sequence between Miria and Clare was fully animated and shows that the director knows that action next to the unfolding story is an important part of this show.

I wouldn't be suprised to discover that the director possible is or a big fan of the manga artist or consults him very closely. Cause he seems to know exactly what works in the manga. And translate it very much intact and in some cases with improvements to the anime version. Much kudos to him.

I can't hardly wait for eps 10!! LOL its been a while that an anime series has me this hyped up

BTW to people who consider this a filler episode
Spoiler for minor spoiler:
Old 2007-05-30, 03:45   Link #25
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

How is this a filler episode? I haven't watched the episode yet since I'm waiting for the sub, but from what people are saying it is the same as the manga.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-05-30, 04:11   Link #26
SimplyEd
Claytard

It just seems like a filler to people. It really isn't.
Old 2007-05-30, 04:17   Link #27
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Oh this isn`t a filler. This episode is essencial for knowing why Claymores keep little pets around.

BAD TERESA!! BAD I SAID!! "wackes her with a newspaper"
Old 2007-05-30, 04:22   Link #28
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
Oh this isn`t a filler. This episode is essencial for knowing why Claymores keep little pets around.

BAD TERESA!! BAD I SAID!! "wackes her with a newspaper"
*slaps Defiled one* Nobody wacks Teresa on my post!
Old 2007-05-30, 04:27   Link #29
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

But, But....;_; She was...I mean With Clare. She`s a fiend ;_;
Old 2007-05-30, 04:48   Link #30
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
But, But....;_; She was...I mean With Clare. She`s a fiend ;_;

There,there..*pat* Everythings goin' to be alright.

Back to the episode: Well, i guess we'll shortly see a flood of Helen&Deneve fans swarming this place...... i'm one too tehe.

Plus, as always, the seiyuu are are just above and beyond of delivering a perfect work. Hats off to their wonderful performances!

I voted for very good, because that's the most fitting term that came to mind here. The episode wasn't as perfect as the "Marked for Death" ones and only sligthly below excellence. I would have given it the "excellent" vote of confidence for the work of the seiyuus alone, but i sadly have to judge on a broader picture..
Old 2007-05-30, 05:38   Link #31
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
who says that this is a filler ep needs a whack...

most definatly not as it sets the scene perfectly for another dramatic battle...and it seems to me that the claymores have diluted in power with each later generation
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-30, 06:31   Link #32
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Okay...Seems everybody is waiting for the subbing to give their final opinion.

Voice acting was good, and the style continues to be good. At least the quality didn`t decreasse.
Old 2007-05-30, 11:03   Link #33
HinaThePrince

The seiyuus are great. Helen's took a little bit of time, but she still grew on me pretty quickly. Sadly, that was pretty much the only thing I liked about this episode. The art and animation are quite bad. Teresa in Clare's dream looked clumsy and retarded [and what was up with the background music? It made it look like she was dancing waltz or something]. I've already said it before - one of the things I like best about the manga's art is the facial expressions and how well they through the emotions of the characters through. In the anime, everyone constantly looks like they're angry. And their eyes and noses are ugly, too.

Also, it's killing me how the anime does everything possible to make Raki unlikable. They turned him from an adorable and determined kid to a whiny loser who has very little spine and very little intelligence. Comparing the part where Clare gives him money before leaving shows it most clearly. Poor kid.

The episode wasn't very interesting since it's the beginning of an arc [which I don't like all that much, anyway], so... all in all, a 7 would be fitting, I guess.

Last edited by HinaThePrince; 2007-05-30 at 11:51.
Old 2007-05-30, 11:15   Link #34
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Itīs the real world. Raki in the eyes of other Claymores, is nothing more than a love toy for Clare. He is, literaly, the woman.

Afterall, Claymores are known to have..."Little travellers" with them. Right Teresa?
Old 2007-05-30, 12:08   Link #35
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Itīs the real world. Raki in the eyes of other Claymores, is nothing more than a love toy for Clare. He is, literaly, the woman.

Afterall, Claymores are known to have..."Little travellers" with them. Right Teresa?
Raki is an utter disgrace with his intolerable behaviour. He should have more pride as an man.

Spoiler for :
Old 2007-05-30, 12:30   Link #36
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I surmise that a 14 year old doesn't know much about being a man (no matter what anime says), espcially since his relatives all died by youma. ^^;

Spoiler for :
Old 2007-05-30, 12:49   Link #37
IMSabbel

Subs out.

And you have to consider: This is anime. People expect 14 year olds to at least be able to pilot a mecha, have a fininshed education as a hyperspace navigator and black belts in at least 3 different fighting disciples. Characters behaving real arent liked because everybody else behaves like a sociopath (best example gundam seed).
Old 2007-05-30, 12:57   Link #38
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Hmm..I simply couldnt wait and saw the RAW. I guess reading the manga can help u in a way. The subbed version is just out,i thought i would write comments after watching the sub..but i decided against it.

I rated this episodes a 9. Many may think that this is high, but since i knew that this episode would be mainly introduction episode, it is remarkable how the makers of this series still managed to make a simple episode so well that it did not bore me for a second, even though i already know the manga.

Plus..I m very impressed with the Voice artists selection. Since the new characters are important, i m glad that the seiyuu selection has been made well. Next episode is gonna be another action packed episode. Lots of blood, blood and blood.
Old 2007-05-30, 12:58   Link #39
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

For his age, he is the most mature boy I have ever seen. Maybe his lack of the "FACTS OF LIFE" make him too much innocent. Not that Helen or Clare has anything against it.
Besides, we must remember that Claymores are partial humans and above all, women. And women have needs, just as anybody else.

Raki has to realize that people, especialy other Claymores have dark intentions. He has to defend himself and not seek Clare too much. That is what Clare is trying to make Raki understand, if he keeps tagging along, he will lose his freedom.
I hope Raki realizes the "Facts of life" soon enough before something bad happens to the kid.

Last edited by Defiled one; 2007-05-30 at 13:23.
Old 2007-05-30, 13:44   Link #40
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Yes, of course she is trying to do that. I was talking about the fact that claymores in general may have lovers whom they tug around. Which would suggest things about them.
Well, it's possible but we haven't seen any Claymores behaving in that manner so far. But we know that Claymores retain the memories of their human lives, and they can observe human life around them so she may simply be basing her taunt upon such observation or recollection.
Closed Thread