AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-05-05, 09:26   Link #701
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Sounds like a prequel that will be pretty short. Or maybe it's an alternate universe with different stuff happening?

My bet is on a prequel during the Divine Age / Whatever the age was before the Dragon Age.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 15:44   Link #702
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

News , so it's not really that ^^

http://www.incgamers.com/News/22430/...cles-announced
or http://kotaku.com/5531845/fight-for-...awn-chroniclesor http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/108/1087889p1.html

"The latest DLC module changes things up a bit, giving you control over the Darkspawn. The DLC assumes that Alistair ended up leading the Grey Wardens against the Darkspawn, while you, in turn, play as a Hurlock vanguard capable of commanding genlocks, hurlocks, shrieks, and ogres.

Victory in the module grants "an epic Darkspawn item" in both Dragon Age: Origins and Awakening."

OMG we are playing Darkspawn Dunno how will it be but it can be a good alternative story ^^
Poor Grey wardens now it's your turn

"That said, it's set for release on PC, Xbox 360, and PS3" Confirmed .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 10:54   Link #703
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Up for the DLC trailer :

So we are playing Darkspawn and it seems that we will play the last part in Denerim .
Can't wait to break it up wardens
Old 2010-05-11, 21:14   Link #704
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I finished the game about an hour ago, man what an experience. I've never played a game before, where my decisions would have impacts that huge. The settings, the storytelling and the characters were great, especially Morrigan and Alistair.
Spoiler for Alistair:

I expected the game to be a little longer, though. It took me about 42 - 43 hours to finish it on the normal difficulty. Well, there's a lot more sidequests to do, so maybe I'll do them somewhen, or maybe I'll play through the story again as another character.

I'm also wondering whether or not I should get Awakening. I think 30-40 bucks are too much for an addon of 15hrs playtime (according to Gamespot). I'm also eager to play through the various DLCs, but I'm just no fan of digital distribution.
I'm definately getting Dragon Age 2, though.
Old 2010-05-11, 22:00   Link #705
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Spoiler for Alistair:
I think the best, non-romance ending for him would be...

Spoiler:

Awakening is just an expansion. The original party members don't come along, save for one since most of them go on their separate paths anyway, and some of the decisions you've chosen in the original game carry over.

Personally, I like how such choices in-game get carried over in the sequels. While there's room for improvement in execution, I like how Bioware gives some continuity control in the hands of the player. I hope Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 continue this trend.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 08:46   Link #706
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I think 30-40 bucks are too much for an addon of 15hrs playtime (according to Gamespot). I'm also eager to play through the various DLCs, but I'm just no fan of digital distribution.
I'm definately getting Dragon Age 2, though.
Well , if you don't want to pay 30-40 for Awakening , i can agree with you . Awakening isn't as good as DAO , they released it too fast . Wait for 10-20$ or less .
Item DLC are useless except if you have trouble at the beginning .
Shale and Ostagar are quite good dlc .
Ow and , as usual , there will be always sheep DLC = Prank , Gift DLC on 1st April which were not free , come on Bioware ...
Studios these days made some good game but also a lot of sheep DLC ...
Old 2010-05-12, 08:49   Link #707
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
nice DLC.. I however uninstalled the game months ago right after finishing the expansion...
still pissed at Alistair's good luck kiss*
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 11:32   Link #708
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Unless that you want to behead the grey wardens and to see Ogre and "Yeller" tech , the dlc isn't worth buying . 5$ for around 1h to play
Spoiler for ending:
It could have been free or less than 1$.
Old 2010-05-22, 05:50   Link #709
kujoe
from head to heel

Yeah, the new DLC doesn't really appeal to me either. All you get is a new weapon. The only interesting part is the different codex entries of Alistair's party in the alternate timeline, but you can easily check the wiki for those anyway.

After hearing that Mass Effect 2 will be getting DLCs leading up to Mass Effect 3, I suddenly wish that Dragon Age would take a simlar route as well.

Then again, perhaps it's better not to keep my hopes too high for upcoming ME2 DLC, but still...
Old 2010-05-23, 09:38   Link #710
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

So I just finished Origins. Finished it with the 'nicer' choices overall, other than the Orzammar one where I chose Bhelen over Harrowmont. Bhelen's a better leader anyway. Preferred Leliana, but I went with Morrigan romance/ending. Seemed to fit better in the scale of things.

Thinking about jumping into the expansion next week, and I've got something to ask about Awakening.

I read that items transfer over, but what exactly? Simply your inventory? Is it inclusive of the armour and weapons you loaned to your companions? (( I gave Maric's Blade and all sorts of fancy stuff to my companions... I want them back. T_T )) Any party chest like the one in Soldier's Peak where you get to put in all the extra items so that it'd be accessible later?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 11:21   Link #711
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

stuff you did in Origins will be mentioned, I wont spoil anything else.
Old 2010-05-23, 18:09   Link #712
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
So I just finished Origins. Finished it with the 'nicer' choices overall, other than the Orzammar one where I chose Bhelen over Harrowmont. Bhelen's a better leader anyway. Preferred Leliana, but I went with Morrigan romance/ending. Seemed to fit better in the scale of things.

Thinking about jumping into the expansion next week, and I've got something to ask about Awakening.

I read that items transfer over, but what exactly? Simply your inventory? Is it inclusive of the armour and weapons you loaned to your companions? (( I gave Maric's Blade and all sorts of fancy stuff to my companions... I want them back. T_T )) Any party chest like the one in Soldier's Peak where you get to put in all the extra items so that it'd be accessible later?
Anything that was in your inventory at the end of the game will be transferred except for DLC items and anything that was equipped by your party members. If I remember correctly, the only DLC items that carry over in Awakening are the ones from Ostagar (Maric's Blade, Cailan' armour set and shield, etc.). In other words, no Starfang or even the any of the promotional DLC items such as Lucky Stone or the Wicked Oath rings.

If you're gaming Dragon Age on the PC, there's a mod that can transfer everything; however, Starfang and the Warden Commander's Armour share some resources with a couple of items in Awakening, which means there will be graphical conflicts and they'll not be properly portrayed in-game. But no worries, there's a fix for that as well.

Finally, no... stuff in the party chest will be lost to you in the expansion.

Since you opted for Morrigan's ending, I have to mention that there's a bug in that too. You can get an epilogue slide concerning her in Awakening, but apparently the triggers aren't transferred properly and thus it doesn't appear even if you have her ring and claimed to be in search of her at the end of Origins. There's a Morrigan dialogue restoration mod that restores lost conversations and fixes that problem.
Old 2010-05-23, 21:33   Link #713
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Thanks, kujoe. Looks like I'll have to strip some of my party members stark naked.

And looks like I'm going to have do some tweaking here and there. And yeah, I think I messed up on the Morrigan ending too, since I apparently missed the slide in Origins where it's supposed to have the part about the ring. I thought it was because I gave contradictory statements. ( told Morrigan I'd find her, tell Alistair I'd rebuild Grey Wardens, then say that I'll find Morrigan one day again while offering to go to Orlais with Leliana. )

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 02:59   Link #714
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
And looks like I'm going to have do some tweaking here and there. And yeah, I think I messed up on the Morrigan ending too, since I apparently missed the slide in Origins where it's supposed to have the part about the ring. I thought it was because I gave contradictory statements. ( told Morrigan I'd find her, tell Alistair I'd rebuild Grey Wardens, then say that I'll find Morrigan one day again while offering to go to Orlais with Leliana. )

For Origins, there's one 'romance' epilogue concerning Morrigan, but in order to see it you have to keep the ring. It doesn't need to be equipped, just only in your possession. On the other hand, in order to get the epilogue slide in Awakening concerning your character and Morrigan, you have to still keep the ring and make sure that you didn't plan on anyone joining you in your travels in the Origins epilogue. For example, when Zevran asks you if you want some company in your travels at the end of Origins, say no. Don't suggest joining with anyone in their own travels as well.

This is of course, assuming you downloaded the fix. Once you apply the Morrigan dialogue restoration fix, make sure to speak to Morrigan during the final assault in Denerim about the ritual. Aparrently, there are also fixes for the dialogues of Alistair, Zevran and Leliana too if you're interested. I'm just not sure if the three of them are compatible with each other, though I don't see a reason why they shouldn't.

There are two fixes for the DLCs for use in Awakening that I know of. You can use this one or this one. I'm using the former and it works. You just have to apply another graphic fix later on once you get the items that conflict with Starfang and Warden Commander Armour. (For some reason, the new items share the same graphic textures and models with these two, hence the said conflict.)

Last edited by kujoe; 2010-05-24 at 05:20.
Old 2010-05-26, 01:00   Link #715
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Found this game related video:

Wow!
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 10:01   Link #716
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Bioware announces Dragon Age ANIME

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 11:26   Link #717
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
... I knew FUNi were working on co-producing anime based on North American products/franchises but I didn't expect one to be based on a BioWare game.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 18:15   Link #718
killer3000ad

Quote:
Sure hope it doesn't end up as some Saturday morning cartoon devoid of any blood, gore or romance *looks at Battletech and Heavy Gear*
Old 2010-06-07, 19:02   Link #719
Who

Interesting.
As expected, Bioware's forum residents aren't taking it too well. Anime seems to have a slightly negative rep over there.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 19:07   Link #720
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
WWWWhhhhaaattt?! But... Why ? It's like totally random...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360