AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 37 31.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 25.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 23.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 10.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.86%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.72%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-18, 15:00   Link #121
magnuskn

Kei released an .ass script for the new episode, which should work with any Raw with the normal cuts.

Really quite interesting with the dialogue. So, Sheryls codename is Fairy-9? I wonder who were the other 8 projects before her? And what happened to them, after they were "discarded"? I guess killed using those pills or other means, but itīd be interesting to see a little bit about that in the show.

I guess it is a very strong possibility that Sheryl and Ranka are related by blood, the one a clone and the other a direct descendant of Rankas mother. Iīll love the moment the two of them get to know that information.

Also, Ozma and Cathy do suspect Leon. Finally!
Old 2008-07-18, 15:01   Link #122
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Thoughts...

* It was a clip show/recap... but everything is starting to come together now. Grace/Brera/Leon, Ranka/Sheryl/Alto, Leon/Kathy/Ozma, Klan/Michael, and Luca and Nanase had to be doing something cool off screen...
* Ranka learning from Paris and Britney on the beaver slip?
* The voices are really trippy... super advanced AI? Neural network of cyborgs? Cylons? Borg? OMGWTFBBQ
* What 'bout my star duet = pure epicness. Dancing at each other's back was hot stuff. Ranka's fang made an appearance. Alto was impressed... who knew that could happen?
* Grace is a bitch. Once Sheryl finds out, it's on.
* Zentradi have it good; their model trains can literally be real human sized trains.
* Musicals = win.
Old 2008-07-18, 16:33   Link #123
Westlo
Lets be reality

*reads Karou's posts, listens to Fall Out Boy's version of "Beat It" with a whole new mindset*

Nope still sucks compared to the original and the same for Megumi's DC.

Anyway this is probably the best half recap half new episode of anime I've watched in a long time, probably since Scryed and this was better.

The sing off was epic, welcome to my fanclub was pretty much an awesome amv. Galaxy fleet looks pretty strong.. if they have squadrons of vf-27's... I hate to make the comparsion but I wonder if Frontier will use Sheryl in a Lacus type roll against Galaxy.. though I can see Grace and co completely trashing her if they try.. "she's just a clone (or whatever she is) whose success was courtesy of us, blah blha blah".
Old 2008-07-18, 16:47   Link #124
Tabris

It'll set the stage for making Sheryl even stronger than she already is though.
Old 2008-07-18, 17:00   Link #125
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yep, but even Sheryl should take some time (1-2 episodes) to get over something as shocking as that... unless her hand is forced.
Old 2008-07-18, 17:11   Link #126
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Actually, I am just waiting for Episode 18 right now

Seeing Sheryl becoming vulnerable is proving to be too difficult to resist.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-18, 17:52   Link #127
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Oh wow the serenading was awesomesauce. Hats off to that scene.

And to call Ranka the next Minmay? I guess it's just paparazzi or sensationalising. Think Fox News.
Meh They also called Nekki Basara that.

Now a real scandal material is this love triangle with a pilot in between.

Loved that Alto was like a terrified cornered animal with these two girls.

It's something like this is why Alto was weary of both girls attending school.

Wonder if there will be some taboid ep like in M7.

Notice when Sheryl begins her love attack her earing sparkles. Now these crystals even Ranka's inside her are emotionally triggered.
Old 2008-07-18, 19:04   Link #128
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

Hm...Nobody did answer my question.....
Old 2008-07-18, 19:46   Link #129
Taiyakikung

Send a message via ICQ to Taiyakikung
Kei's sub is out.I'm downloading it at the moment.Looking forward to see Ranka lee blushing
XD
Old 2008-07-18, 22:54   Link #130
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I just watched Kei's sub and enjoyed the episode at least as much as raw. That duet scene is a real classic. It's great to have a better idea of what's being said. And I loved the early battles-set-to-music scenes. What a sound-and-light show.

The semi- recap episode makes sense, since we are about to enter a pretty intense run to the finish, it seems to me.

The character design was pretty badly off-model for Sheryl and Grace in the hospital room, and in some other places. But it ended up not mattering too much, since there was so much else of interest to make me forget it.

Hats off to Kei for getting a useful sub out so quickly. There were a number of places where I thought the English was unidiomatic, and some where I thought it didn't give the right nuance of the Japanese (where I understood the Japanese), but it was great to watch. The speed of English subs is beginning to catch up to that of Chinese subs (but not quite yet).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-07-18, 23:23   Link #131
muncheez<3

this ep was really good! the first half of the episode or should i call the recap was kind of ehhh boringish but the other half was really good. When Alto entered sheryl's room, sheryl was all happy and i was like dang it! then ranka comes in and i'm like yay! i luv ranka soo much<3 and the duet between sheryl and ranka got me really hyped up, nothing's better then doing a duet to win a guy's heart and brera is a PRINCE?! i might be wrong but does dis mean brera and ranka r related? (hopes for no incest) hmmm...

i absolutely love the new version diamond crevasse ed song, could sumone tell me who sang it? i was thinking ranka's singer sang it but i wasn't sure

Last edited by muncheez<3; 2008-07-19 at 00:02.
Old 2008-07-18, 23:26   Link #132
ReddyRedWolf

Stop the leet speak and type good grammar.
Old 2008-07-18, 23:44   Link #133
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Dangit all those Concert flashbacks at the start made me fall for sheryl all over again to the point that I could feel myself unconsciously rolling my eyes everytime they kept trying to hype ranka's popularity now...Ranka's cute for sure, but when it comes to sex appeal and the ability to put on a good concert she just comes across as too much of a little girl...

Meh like everyone says I just hope her super move meter is getting plenty of beefing up and she'll be back in top form soon...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2008-07-18, 23:45   Link #134
jho

For a recap ep, I was very pleased and I'm looking forward to the episodes ahead. I hope we get treated to another duet or two in the future, this one just wet the appetite.
Old 2008-07-18, 23:49   Link #135
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Stop the leet speak and type good grammar.
That sounded like ORK-speak, which is even worse

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-18, 23:54   Link #136
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Heheh. seem's more like TXT speak to me rather than l33t 5p43k to me.... ^_^

Well this ep turns out like one of those high school musical scenes. and !!!YaY for Ranka ATTACK!!!
YaY for mr. Densha Otaku!!!! getting some bad vibes from the impending Sheryl doom(/sweat). The "Galaxy" is not big enough for the two faeries... in the end there could be only one. Nice Sheryl vs. Ranka Battle !!!! Ranka Attack vs. Sheryl Attack!!!! i commend Sheryl for still being able to launch a counter attack to Ranka despite her not feeling well, at the end Alto is the casualty of their battle.

and yes. this is one of the best recap episodes ive ever seen, usually i treat recaps like it did'nt happen. good thing i did'nt skip.
Old 2008-07-19, 00:15   Link #137
rpgman1

We got more insight in this recap episode. I knew all along that Grace and Leon were in on this scheme. I just hope that they'll both get for what they deserved for sabotaging Frontier and destroying Galaxy. That duet was the best and Alto suddenly has a case of the shakes.
Old 2008-07-19, 00:25   Link #138
zeth006

I don't know about the rest of you, but this love triangle REALLY depresses me. Two girls competing for the attention of one guy.

On top of that, when you're rooting for both Sheryl and Ranka, a competition to shine in singing ensues. I'd really hate to see either get shot down.
Old 2008-07-19, 02:15   Link #139
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Hats off to Kei for getting a useful sub out so quickly. There were a number of places where I thought the English was unidiomatic, and some where I thought it didn't give the right nuance of the Japanese (where I understood the Japanese), but it was great to watch. The speed of English subs is beginning to catch up to that of Chinese subs (but not quite yet).
Actually, Kei normally have the sub out about 11 hours after the first Raw release. But somehow *everything* with this episode was delayed, the raws, the subs.... well, not the episode itself, it seems. I guess a recap episode is not so high priority. Or maybe they all were stumped by the AI dialogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
That sounded like ORK-speak, which is even worse

- Tak
Donīt forget, the red ones go faster.
Old 2008-07-19, 02:49   Link #140
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

I still remember people complaining about how Diamond Crevasse was butchered. If you want to know a song that was truly butchered, check out Shizukana Yoru ni C.E. 73. The lyrics absolutely do not match the tempo.

Since nobody is answering my question, I'll ask again. For Kei Subs, the time is 10 min 44 sec. If you take a look at the picture on the cover of the magazine Sheryl is holding, is it just me or is that Brera Sterne on the cover? Note: The picture changes to Ranka during a closeup a minute or so later.
Closed Thread